Continuing the ongoing theme from my favorite webcomic (it ran for 20 years, the art gets better, the characters and story are good throughout) the 70 Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries.  I'll be using selected Maxims to explain my goals and keep things entertaining.  I don't expect to get to all of them, and may reuse some of the more applicable ones.  But they all have their own wisdom.

Maxim 63:  The Brass knows how to do it by knowing Who can do it.

Animated GIF

I'm ready to try regular workouts again, and while I know I'll eventually want my own program, there's no reason to reinvent the wheel.  So I'll be starting with a simplified version of the Start Bodyweight program just using the pushup, pullup, and squat progressions.  My  goal is to workout Tues/Thurs/Sun, so I can't use my Friday and Saturday gaming as an excuse.

Maxim 7:  If the Food is Good Enough the grunts will Stop Complaining about the incoming fire.

food fight GIF by HULU

I only got half of my waist loss goal last challenge (1/8" per week instead of 1/4"), so I'm going to try paying more attention to what and how much I'm eating.  I'm still avoiding any kind of tracking or calorie counting, since those are NOT long-term solutions for my life.  But I can start making better choices more in line with how I was eating before I gained all this weight.  By the end of this challenge, I'd like to consistently be drinking 6-8 cups of water a day and eating some kind of veggie at least 5 days a week.

Maxim 39:  There is a Difference between "Spare" Parts and "Extra" Parts.

homer simpson build GIF

Continuing my quest to actually finish some of my projects.  My current priorities are:

-Work on attic insulation (maybe, if I can find a weekend morning that's cool enough to be up there)

-Finish the storage cabinets I started last challenge (waiting on good weather to poly them)

-Finish the dragon egg box (still figuring out the lining)

-Finish miniature painting (circle stones and lizardman tribe)

-Work on my wedding outfit (tabard is done, shirt needs buttons, need to decide on pants)

-Work on my dragonman (might switch to a tiefling?) knight armor (custom character that may become a Charizard in one rendition) and my Mad Max/Nintendo mashup Diddy Kong jetpack

And my obligatory plug for the new Artificer's Crafthall over in the adventuring parties, where you can see updates for some of my, and others, projects.

• Like 2

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

7 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Also following. I dig Maxim 39... need to get the gentleman on board with that We could probably toss half of the tool closet. 

But you might need one of those things later, and you never know which one until it comes up, so might as well keep all of them, just in case. ;)

I have to periodically go through my closets and such and force myself to reorganize and get rid of stuff I'm obviously never going to actually use/finish.  At one point last year, I realized that I had vacation souvenirs and keepsakes from various events/life happenings stored randomly in three different rooms.  Put them all together and they took up less than half the space, plus I can now find things when I look for them!  And that was without actually getting rid of anything.

• Like 2

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

I'm using Start Bodyweight as well! :)

Being able to find things when you want them was a major reason I started purging stuff, ngl. When you know that you own a thing but it's in one of ten boxes, but it'll take at least an hour of heavy lifting to hunt through them, and screw it, I'll just buy/borrow it instead, what's the point in owning the thing?

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39 

5 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Poke poke. How are things going? 

I'm still here, just haven't felt like talking.  So I guess, picture update?

IMG_20210223_145556628

IMG_20210214_165858939

IMG_20210213_183723181

IMG_20210213_183806522

2021-02-23_03-08-24

Gargoyle Party-goyle

Trooper ID107

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

I'm still here, just haven't felt like talking.  So I guess, picture update?

Totally respect that.

Shelves are looking good, love the wire hangers on the brick wall (brilliant idea), LOL at the Darth Vader and heart-shaped foodstuffs. Wedding tunic looks great ( done, perhaps? I am envious of your uniform buttonholes), holy [lots of amazed epithets] batman on the... gargoyle? I'm not familiar with the character but DANG that looks amazing. And nice/ ouch on the eviscerated stormtrooper. 

You've been busy. Hope you've stopped to take time to be proud of yourself. 

• Thanks 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

On 2/23/2021 at 4:25 PM, Anim07734 said:

still here, just haven't felt like talking.  So I guess, picture update

Everything looks amazing!

I hope you are having a great day.

🦋

• Thanks 1

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | Year 9: 

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent