06c774a6ff47a763d362a051defbd825.jpg

Big mood right here. With health, with finances, with everything.

Quest: Lose 50lbs by Dec 31, 2021 [46 weeks]

Progress: 0lbs

Sub Quests:

- Aim for 1700 calories / day

• Track calories daily
  • Veggie or fruit with lunch + dinner
  • 1 starch per meal (2 slices of toast, 1 cup rice, 1 cup pasta, 1 medium potato, 1 serving cereal)

- 2 extra movements / week

- Do something creative every day (paint, doodle, digital art)

Passive Habits

> 2L water / day

> Floss + brush teeth every night

This challenge is about pushing myself out of my comfort zone and trying to move forward (as it always is). I want to apply this to multiple parts in my life. I really want to keep chiseling away at the definition of my ideal life and what I will need to do to make that a possibility.  In my ideal life I have a fantastic relationship with food. I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full. I appreciate my food and enjoy every bite. In my ideal life I am a strong and able woman. My body is useful and can do many things. I get to spend more time outside doing active things and exploring nature. My gyms are lakes, oceans, forests, beaches, meadows, mountains, and deserts. In my ideal life Mr.R and I don't need to work a traditional Mon to Fri 9-5pm. We have time to do things we want to do and the resources in place to do those things.  We live a flexible life where the jobs we choose to work are because we think they are fun. In my ideal life I am creative and make fun, bold, colourful paintings that invoke feelings of whimsy and nostalgia. I experiment and play with my art. 

Ideal Me
I am continuing my goals for eating at a calorie deficit and getting more active minutes.  I am asking myself a little mental checklist of questions when I eat... especially if it is impromptu snacking.

On top of my 90mins of exercise from horseback riding I am looking to do 2 more active things (ideally this will add up to 1 extra hour of exercise). I am thinking my main form of exercises will be walking or DDR.

Ideal Life

I am taking steps towards getting other streams of income aside from my day job. I started investing in 2020 and last challenge I took the leap and set up an Etsy shop. This whole small business thing is scary but also exciting! It will help me gain money for my investments and I am hoping it will help burn some of my random pandemic energy which might help me snack less. Plus its creative! My first goal for the store is 160 sales so that I can use that money to purchase an iPad Pro + apple pen.  That goal seems huge right now haha but if you don't try then it won't happen right? My very good friend was actually my first sale on Etsy! :) I am very appreciative towards her because this has been such a learning experience and now I only need 159 sales! I am also going to take my original art more seriously and really work on being more creative in my life by painting, doodling and making "sticker" designs. I am looking to get my online portfolio up and running and I can put stuff up for sale on their too. 

2021-02-08: 250lbs (Zero week starting)

2021-02-11: 249.6lbs
2021-02-18: 252.6lbs

2021-02-25: 252.2lbs

2021-03-04: 248.2lbs

2021-03-11:

2021-03-18:

Sales Goal: 2/160

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

The never-ending to do list :D

- Shark Painting: paint edges

- Shark Painting: hang up in bathroom

- Set up online art portfolio + store

- Iron out some bumps in Etsy store

- Market Etsy store

- Clean bedroom (put clothes away, vacuum, dust)

- Decorate art corner

- Prime basement

- Figure out better laundry room storage

- Research storage strategies

- Paint wood around faucet cut out

- Paint tiger on front of computer case mesh

- Finish tiger painting

• Like 6

That's awesome that you are setting up an Etsy shop!

• Like 2

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Following along.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Awesome looking challenge, and we're basically twins on the weight and weight goal for end of the year! (Am also at 250/just under, and aiming for under 200 lbs by the end of the year) You must be the Schwarzenegger to my Devito 

Image result for twins gif

• Haha 1

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

6 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That's awesome that you are setting up an Etsy shop!

I hope it's more successful than the first time lol. But I feel this sort of thing sells better than pet portraits or rather is less saturated

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Shark painting for shark week - love it! 😄

🤣 Oh that's perfect

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along.

Glad to have you! 

4 hours ago, NightWatcher13 said:

Awesome looking challenge, and we're basically twins on the weight and weight goal for end of the year! (Am also at 250/just under, and aiming for under 200 lbs by the end of the year) You must be the Schwarzenegger to my Devito 

Image result for twins gif

I would gladly be the Schwarzenegger to your DeVito. We got this friend!

4 hours ago, Tateman said:

You got this! :) I've seen videos of people doing some really amazing art on ipads. I totally want one to doodle on ;) 

Right??? Looks like a lot of fun. Plus there's been times I want to draw but don't want to go down to my computer lol so that would be perfect. I'm keeping my eye out for a good deal on a refurbished one in the mean time 

• Like 3

Tell us more about the etsy shop!

• Like 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

22 hours ago, Rookie said:

The never-ending to do list :D

- Shark Painting: paint edges

- Shark Painting: hang up in bathroom

- Set up online art portfolio + store

- Iron out some bumps in Etsy store

- Market Etsy store

- Clean bedroom (put clothes away, vacuum, dust)

- Decorate art corner

- Prime basement

- Figure out better laundry room storage

- Research storage strategies

- Paint wood around faucet cut out

- Paint tiger on front of computer case mesh

- Finish tiger painting

That's a long list! Do you think you'll manage the majority of it soon?

Following!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey rookie! Always here :)

excited to watch your progress xx

Yay 😃

13 hours ago, 18ck said:

Tell us more about the etsy shop!

Not much to say lol it's a horse related print on demand t-shirt shop! The main idea is a personalized shirt so they order, send me a picture, I draw the thing out then I send it to the printers and the printers make the shirt and send it to the customer.  I'm also making some designs that people can just order and I don't have to do anything with. 😌

4 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

Following. Great challenge!

Thanks! Glad to have you!

3 hours ago, Waanie said:

That's a long list! Do you think you'll manage the majority of it soon?

Oh probably not lol it's just things I would like to do before I die sort of thing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Not much to say lol

*whispers*

The URL? 

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Very nice! I might have to buy a horse so I can get a t-shirt. Not sure where I'd keep him though. The flat's pretty small! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, 18ck said:

Very nice! I might have to buy a horse so I can get a t-shirt. Not sure where I'd keep him though. The flat's pretty small! 

Get a miniature horse! They are the size of a large dog lol.
I mean technically I could apply this to other animals as well. 

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Rookie, how are you doing today?x

I am alright. Thank you for asking! I can't say I have gone back to counting calories yet because I don't wanna but I should lol. So challenge wise I could probably be doing better in that area. Life wise is going lol 

• Like 2

Yesterday I did a digital doodle of an acorn. Last night I did some doodlings in ye ol' sketchbook. And today I did a digital doodle of an orca ❤️  I am liking being creative. 

Here are some of the ones I have done since starting this be creative for 100 day challenge. 

Spoiler

image.png.dc17fb6a017e0eab6881a550d8eb93e7.png

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

18 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

great challenge, Rookie! I like the way you plan long term and picture an ideal life! I feel inspired! :)

Thank you! Yay for inspiring :) Do you mind sharing what a glimpse into your ideal life look like? 

18 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

PS: I will put a miniature horse in my backyard and then be buyer number 146, ok!? 

Deal!!!! ❤️ :)

• Haha 1

The acorn and the Pug both look professionally done.

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Today was just all the negativity. I don't do well with negativity lol. I have some personal life stuff going on so I was already border line "ok/not ok" then I had a small virtual "run-in" with new dev person and it just rubbed me the wrong way. And that was the tipping point lol. But I was productive at work which was nice and I caught up with old dev person that this new guy replaced. I miss the old one.. not only did we mesh well as developers, I enjoyed talking to him every day. I've been feeling a little extra lonely this week. 

Barn time was very quiet which I preferred being in my negative mood. It was also cold but I survived. The only other girl there was a bit grumpy /frustrated with her horse so I can of just kept my distance because I'm not in any state to deal with grumpy people. Daisy and I just took it easy tonight. I didn't have to worry about taking care of Sizzle today since mom was up so I got to really just spend time with Daisy. My barn owner came in at the end of my ride and we caught up / she vented about how she's very depressed and not doing well at all right now. And basically how she's forcing herself to do basic human things. She really doesn't do well in winter... Especially mid January  to whenever spring happens.  So that broke my heart but I managed to make her laugh a bit. I hope he spirits were lifted a bit. 

I'm kind of back to borderline neutral mood. I had a hot shower and made myself 2 eggs, 2 toast and 2 peameal bacon. Warm simple but delicious food that soothes the soul. I'm not really sure what to do now. I might paint the flowers a bit or watch Inu Yasha some more. I watched Spirited Away yesterday night. I love that movie. I wish I had something like that to watch tonight lol.

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The acorn and the Pug both look professionally done.

😏 Does this mean my skills are improving? And I will get to be a professional digital doodler? 

• Like 6