17 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hope you have a lovely V day :) xx

Thank you Sal! You as well 😉

16 hours ago, 18ck said:

Make sure you take the opportunity to back slowly into the next room and say to Mr R "You're gonna need a bigger palette" 

🤣 Ahhh lol how do you think up these things. I'll definitely need to do that

8 hours ago, NightWatcher13 said:

He requires ALL the hugs!!! (Sloths are too adorable)

I concur 😌

I still need to read farther than the first comic! But I'm absolutely in love with the story and characters, and have loved Lying Cat since I first saw the grumpy face online.

I'm flying through it so fast. It's just so good. I think I only have 1 more book. I'll need to check if there's more. Lying Cat is so adorbs. Love her.

Looking forward to any horse/pokemon/mass effect art... whether separate or all of the above, though I for one vote for Garrus riding a rapidash

Oh that would of been a great idea. Maybe I'll still do that lol. I attempted to make a "pokemon" inspired creature that was a horse and Wrex. It doesn't look like I took a picture of my sketch. I'll have to do that later. 

---

Happy Valentine's Day to whoever celebrates it. My day was spent cooking, baking and watching Legacies. 

I made bread bowls (they were huge), beef bourginoun and "Grandma Oples Apple pie". She's not my grandma but it is my favourite apple pie recipe 🤣 I paired it with a flakey butter crust. It was all amazing.

Spoiler

20210214_181345.thumb.jpg.e0216c1fa0c178fcd5f68b0d63702ff0.jpg20210214_162202.thumb.jpg.9483d09d8f14ac549dbaad0c3796cadd.jpg

• Like 7

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

YESSS! Your Valentine's Day sounds awesome. I LOVE Grandma Ople's Apple Pie. It's the only style of apple pie that I make, now. I'm actually in the process of putting my own twist on it, and was planning on trying it this week. If I do, I'll be sure to post about it in my thread.

By the way - you have inspired me to be more creative with daily little art efforts. I made some art for my son's nursery yesterday with watercolors and am so happy that I took a few minutes to get creative! 🌈

• Like 2

Current NF Challenge: X

Level 3 Wasteland Traveling Merchant and Lamespren

Initial Character Build: S4 P5 E3 C5 I6 A3 L2 | Current Character Build: S4 P5 E4 C5 I6 A3 L2

Most recent perk earned: Life Giver

6 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

YESSS! Your Valentine's Day sounds awesome. I LOVE Grandma Ople's Apple Pie. It's the only style of apple pie that I make, now. I'm actually in the process of putting my own twist on it, and was planning on trying it this week. If I do, I'll be sure to post about it in my thread.

Omg a fellow Grandma Ople person!! It's the only apple pie I get excited about. Seriously. So good. I can't wait to read about your twist 😊

6 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

By the way - you have inspired me to be more creative with daily little art efforts. I made some art for my son's nursery yesterday with watercolors and am so happy that I took a few minutes to get creative! 🌈

You don't know how happy this makes me. I love this so much. Did you share what you did? I really need to make my rounds lol

• Like 1

So I bought myself a game... Little Nightmares lol because it was on steam for $5 for the Lunar New Years sale. Ommmmmg its so cute... creepy lol but cute. And its a puzzle game so I love it.  Any time I find toilet paper I can't help but pick it up lol

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Rookie, That food looks amazing mmm

It tasted so good ❤️ 

Hoping your Tuesday is wonderful xx

So far so good! 

---

Yesterday was cold at the barn and we were supposed to get a snow storm starting around 7pm which is usually when I am on my way home. It was just normal snow luckily. But we woke up to a decent amount of snow and I think it is still snowing... I can't see out my basement window due to snow. :D I also totally forgot that it was a holiday on my way home and I was like "I will just pop over to Walmart to grab some stuff for lunches." and when I got there I am like huh... thats an empty parking lot... OH RIGHT. Everything is closed because its "Family Day".  I had some extra time since I couldn't go shopping so I played my "Little Nightmares" game,  worked on my Etsy store a bit and added a "20% opening sale" then updated my shops Instagram to talk about the sale. One of my barn friends made a purchase and another said they will be making one as well! I love the support I am getting ❤️ I really hope this turns into something because I do enjoy doing them.  OH then I did a digital doodle of a snail :D I love snails. I still need to colour it.

Here is my meal plan for the week (because I felt I needed some organization)

Lunch

Tuesday: Thin crust pepperoni pizza + salad

Wednesday: Quesadillas + salad

Thursday: Breaded chicken "burgers" with salad

Friday: Leftovers (Thai meatballs, thai fried rice, asian slaw)

Saturday: Cabbage stuff + garlic toast

Sunday: Personal pizzas 

Dinner

Tuesday: Homemade hamburgers w/ homemade buns 

Wednesday: Chicken cutlets w/ cheesy cauliflower 

Thursday: Thai meatballs, thai fried rice, asian slaw

Friday: "Hunter Stew" Polish cabbage stuff

Saturday: Calzones

Sunday: Chicken stuffed with stuffing, mashed potatoes + broccoli

Next weeks meal plan ideas

- vietnamese ground pork

- enchiladas

- chicken stuffed with stuff + broccoli

- pork schnitzel

- Sundried tomato, spinach creamy pasta with chicken

- Cheese, rice, bean wraps (lunch)

- Chicken burgers + salad (lunch)

- Quesadillas (lunch)

- Pizza subs w/ homemade buns (lunch)

- chicken curry + rice

• Like 7

On 2/14/2021 at 7:23 PM, Rookie said:

beef bourginoun

Times when I envy you gluten-eaters.

4 hours ago, Rookie said:

vietnamese ground pork

Need deets on this.

As for Little Nightmares, I think the sequel came out like 2ish months ago.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Teros said:

Times when I envy you gluten-eaters.

Aside from the flour to thicken it I'm not sure what makes it gluten-y. You could skip that part. Or use corn starch to make it thicker. And it would tastes great on potatoes or rice. Or if you aren't into that maybe some sauteed cabbage or maybe cauliflower puree. 

2 hours ago, Teros said:

Need deets on this.

Spoiler

20210216_114110.thumb.jpg.e02f9169b1cfc3e8c85974da94214fbf.jpg

2 hours ago, Teros said:

As for Little Nightmares, I think the sequel came out like 2ish months ago.

Theres definitely a sequel but it wasn't on sale. 

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Rookie, how you feeling :) xx

Bit zombie like lol. But happy/lazy zombie? I would prefer to be lounging in bed lol

3 hours ago, Waanie said:

My moms boeuf bourguignon is honestly one of the few things that I really miss now that I'm a vegetarian. It's one of the greatest dishes on earth.

Your meal plan sounds delicious!

Its a good meal when its cold for sure. I was asking roomy if theres anything hes been wanting food wise while I was making the meal plan and hes like "hm if beef is on sale I think some beef stew would be good." And I stared at him lol because beef bourguignon is basically beef stew and we just had that 2 nights in a row lol

I am quite excited for all the foods :)  Oh and you just reminded me what I was trying to remember a little bit ago. I was going to take chicken out of the freezer for dinner tonight. 

1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

great plan! :) we also had a shit ton of snow. Its melting now...

I don't think ours is even thinking of melting lol. They barely even plowed our street. I could hear people struggling to get up it. Even the garbage truck had trouble. Luckily I don't need to leave the house for another 7.5hrs... so hopefully it gets sorted by then. 

Right now it feels like -24C (-11.2F) but it will 'warm' up to -11C (51.8F). Oh look and we get more snow Thursday lol 

• Like 4

Just putting this here.... because OBVIOUSLY I need a reminder.

Sub Quests:

- 1700 calories / day

- 2 extra movements / week (aiming for 60 mins extra)

Clearly counting calories won't work if you don't track them. And I haven't. I have tracked 0 calories since this challenge started. I have also not done any extra exercise.

I am not sure what to do. Like obviously I just need to force myself to do it but gawd. GRR

Wants to lose weight...does nothing.

Image result for what is this gif

Commmme on Rookie

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I am not sure what to do. Like obviously I just need to force myself to do it but gawd. GRR

You start today instead of last Monday. Will you be able to squeeze in a lunch walk, maybe just around the block? Great! Do you recall your breakfast well enough that you can put it in MFP? Or otherwise just guestimate it? If you'll start today, I'll do the same :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Waanie said:

You start today instead of last Monday. Will you be able to squeeze in a lunch walk, maybe just around the block? Great! Do you recall your breakfast well enough that you can put it in MFP? Or otherwise just guestimate it? If you'll start today, I'll do the same :lol:.

I remember what I had, I was just being lazy. I will put it in right now. ^_^;;;; And a quick walk is probably doable. Or one of the Darebee workouts I found. I will try to do a tiny walk loop.

I have found a few Darebee workouts but for now I would like to start with these two.

Good Morning Workout

I want to try and do this one in the mornings since I have wanted to try waking up + getting out of bed before work. I want a better morning routine because that is what my ideal life has.

For now I will aim for weekday mornings...minimum twice a week. We are not aiming for perfection. We are aiming for progress.

I also have very tight shoulders. So I will try to do this once a day as a "break" from work instead of going on Facebook or NF.

Cozy Up Sofa Workout

Saturday and Sundays are for walks.

And I am bringing back the veggie rule 😧 Because I feel it helped.

@Waanie I have inputted my breakfast + lunch into MFP. Thank you ❤️ 

---

New goals

- Aim for 1700 calories / day

• Track calories daily
  • Veggie or fruit with lunch + dinner
  • 1 starch per meal (2 slices of toast, 1 cup rice, 1 cup pasta, 1 medium potato, 1 serving cereal)

- 2 extra movements / week

- Do something creative every day (paint, doodle, digital art)

• Like 4

That was such a big grocery shop lol Ugh we were out of a lot of sauces for the Thai meatballs and salad. 9 whole bags... 66 items. But I got some good stuff. Mr.R and I were talking about something the other day and I said how I hate putting groceries away the most. Anyways he met me at the door and helped bring them in and then put things away 😮 he's the best lol I really wasn't looking forward to that. He's like "Seeeee I do listen".

I tracked my calories for today. I was over by 500cal. But I'm happy I tracked. 

I'm hoping I don't forget to do my happy morning work out in my sleepy haze. I can do this. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Waanie said:

Perfect advice!

6 hours ago, Rookie said:

happy morning work out

I love this. 🙂

• Like 1

Mr.R tickled my feet this morning which woke me up 15 mins before my alarm. I was a bit grumbly... Because I was actually soundly alseep for once but I wasn't upset because it gave me 15 mins to come back to the land of the living before my happy morning workout which I'm about to do after emptying my bladder. Cheeky bugger just couldn't resist my feet sticking out of my blanket lol

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

LOL, I would noooot be as forgiving and diplomatic as you 😄

He said he thought I was awake because I was wiggling my toes lol And I wouldn't have been had I not planned on getting up to do my workout thing anyways. 

• Like 1

I just noticed the mini challenge! And the Week 1 challenge is a declutter.  I can get behind that :) I will be tackling my paper drawer.

Spoiler

The challenge: 

-Choose a single space and take a picture of how it is now.

-Write a few things about how you would like to use the space and how you would like it to feel.

-Identify some impediments that you see.

-Strategize, and ask for suggestions if you want!

-Take a picture at the end of the week to show the progress you made -- it's about progress not perfection!

-At the end of the week, write a few words about what worked and what was difficult. 

-If you're comfortable, post your pictures and thoughts here, or in your own challenge thread.  But even if you don't want to share them, you should take the pictures so you can see your progress.  Small wins are still wins!

My decision:

The Paper Drawer

A collection of old menus, appliance manuals and house related documents. Oh and home of the scissors.

I actually don't know what I would like to use the drawer for aside from the home of the scissors but I know I don't want it to be what it is.

It would be nice to open the drawer and not have to put my hand on the top to push it down so I can close it. I literally only ever open it nowadays to grab the scissors.

I guess the only impediment would be how can I organize my house documents better. I have a house binder that I meant to use for house things but never quite got there. So I guess house documents I would like hole punched and put into the house binder with some semblance of order. Maybe different sections for Property Tax, Bank Statements, old insurance statement things. Old menus can be recycled because I tend to look them up on my phone anyways. Scissors can remain there. Old manuals can either go in the house binder in a pouch if I feel they are important or to be recycled. Old check books can go in the shred/burn pile. I guess this turns this into a hybrid challenge of The Paper Drawer / The House Binder

• Like 3