Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II

Last month went well, let's keep it going

The Morning Way:

Follow my morning routine; Read Bible, eat breakfast, kitchen dishes away

Set the timer so I have enough time to relax, but that I get going on my day;if I do this Monday through Thursday, then Friday is free

reward.5 wisdom each week completed

Mindful Eating Way

Practice my eating skills

Keep my super power values in mind-Joy and Self Control

Do MFP 5 days a week

Alternate: I'm going on vacation this challenge. I will mainly just focus on my superpowers and eating slow during that time

Reward  2 points strength

Shiny Way:

I'm practicing the Pistol squat, also doing the L-sit practice 1 time a week to maintain

2 times a week pistol squat, 1 times a week L-sit:

Grease the Groove: use my ottoman to practice the pistol when I walk by it: Each day a do it at least 10 times I get a sticker, 

I took a video of my pistol squat now, and I will take one at the end of the month to see how I improved. 

I also have a goal to feel more balanced and controlled in the movement.

Reward;

1 strength for completing the workouts

1 strength for improvement

other stuff:

I am going to try and walk a bunch . Walking is great for my mood, and it helps me lose weight.

I am currently on NF bodyweight level 4

Each week I will have a list of quests to complete

This  week's quests

Write down things I need to do for vacation

paint crown molding

text friend about to see how her mom is

send a note to other friend

spend some time weaving

• Like 9

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

2 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

The Morning Way:

Follow my morning routine; Read Bible, eat breakfast, kitchen dishes away

Set the timer so I have enough time to relax, but that I get going on my day;if I do this Monday through Thursday, then Friday is free

reward.5 wisdom each week completed

Following with the Baby Yoda theme 
Mandalorian This Is The Way GIF - Mandalorian ThisIsTheWay Truth GIFs

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

EG just living life. I wouldn't have it any other way! Following you, my dear friend!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

On 2/8/2021 at 12:47 PM, NightWatcher13 said:

Following with the Baby Yoda theme 
Mandalorian This Is The Way GIF - Mandalorian ThisIsTheWay Truth GIFs

Hi thereCry About It GIF by moodman

On 2/8/2021 at 12:55 PM, Paisley said:

Sounds like you really have a groove going.  Hopefully you get to take that vacation.

Thanks. Yes, hopefully on the vacation.We bought everything refundable, since nothing is certain during a Pandemic.

On 2/8/2021 at 12:57 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along.

Glad to see you my friend

On 2/8/2021 at 1:09 PM, Yasha92 said:

Here to follow!

Bom Dia Hello GIF

21 hours ago, Red1263 said:

EG just living life. I wouldn't have it any other way! Following you, my dear friend!

Thanks, yayl glad to see you

18 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

Im here for it, sister! :) 

Hiwaving ryan gosling GIF

16 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Here!

Hey there friend!

1 hour ago, Xena said:

I like the weekly task list.

Thanks.Doing it really helps my prioritize what needs to be done

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I started the timer for my morning, and then ignored it. I decided it was zero week, so I didn't care. Not a great decision, but the rest of the day went well.Did GMB Vitamin, rowing workout, went for a walk, painted trim pieces and cooked dinner. And even did some weaving while dinner was cooking.

I'm editing my goals.I said I would grease the groove pistol 10 x a day.Did that yesterday, and today had DOMS in my glutes and feet, so didn't do it today.I think I won't set a number, just say do it some times.

Tracked on MFP, and made my goal. I worked on getting more veggies in today to help with satiety

• Like 4

Here for the pistol squats! I too am working on assisted pistols and it feels like my arms are doing way more of the work than they should, but DOMS always comes along to let me know that my legs did their share.

• Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Following along!  (Hopefully better this time.)    Especially since I think I can learn from your morning routine!   I love it!

So glad you are getting that vacation in too!!!

• Like 1

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Your challenge reminded me that I want to work up to doing a pistol squat soon. Every time I have attempted them in the past, it has not ended well, lol.

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

7 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

giphy.gif well done eating your veggies! :)

😄Thanks!

5 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Here for the pistol squats! I too am working on assisted pistols and it feels like my arms are doing way more of the work than they should, but DOMS always comes along to let me know that my legs did their share.

I'm  doing a mix of ways, partly because I think I rely on my arms too much.I do them on the rings, which helps me get lower, but I have a tendency to over rely on my arms. Squat down to a low stool, not as low but I can do it without using my arms (most of the time) and a roll to pistol

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Following along!  (Hopefully better this time.)    Especially since I think I can learn from your morning routine!   I love it!

So glad you are getting that vacation in too!!!

Thanks

2 hours ago, pureleeawesome said:

Why does this graphic scare me so much?

I know right?!😉Think of it next time you do meditation.😀

1 hour ago, Aquarii said:

Your challenge reminded me that I want to work up to doing a pistol squat soon. Every time I have attempted them in the past, it has not ended well, lol.

I have worked on it off and on forever. How did it not end well for you? For me, I just got super frustrated. This year's mindset isn't to try and master the skills, just improve on them. Previously, I've gone into it thinking  I will work on it until I get it, it takes way more work and much slower progress than I thought it would, and I end up giving up.This year, I'm trying to just make little goals, and be alright with the fact that I might not master the skill. I don't really have the attention span to work on  the skill for as long as I need to to master it, and I've decided that I'm fine with that.

Workout today:

pistol squat roll to pistol 4 x 7

NF level 4 4 rounds

Bulgarian squats; 8 lb dumbbells. I went with a lighter weight , so I could go deeper in the squat, and keep my chest up 8

dips ( a couple almost full, most assisted) 8

wall slides- on ground, did the last sets on the wall, just putting my shoulder against  the wall. Still find these impossible to do on the wall. If I keep my back flat against the wall, my shoulders round and can't move. I guess that comes of 55 years of hunching over.

Finish 3 rounds of 30 seconds deadhang-the last set is a killer

50 swings of 20lb kettlebell

Tracked on MFP, went on a walk.Weather was cold , but nice.It may snow, which then we get ice, and we live in hill country, so not sure how much walking I will do.I do have those clamp on ice gripper things for my shoes though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Workout today:

pistol squat roll to pistol 4 x 7

NF level 4 4 rounds

Bulgarian squats; 8 lb dumbbells. I went with a lighter weight , so I could go deeper in the squat, and keep my chest up 8

dips ( a couple almost full, most assisted) 8

wall slides- on ground, did the last sets on the wall, just putting my shoulder against  the wall. Still find these impossible to do on the wall. If I keep my back flat against the wall, my shoulders round and can't move. I guess that comes of 55 years of hunching over.

Finish 3 rounds of 30 seconds deadhang-the last set is a killer

50 swings of 20lb kettlebell

Tracked on MFP, went on a walk.Weather was cold , but nice.It may snow, which then we get ice, and we live in hill country, so not sure how much walking I will do.I do have those clamp on ice gripper things for my shoes though.

So many different types of squats.  for some reason I miss squats.  I need to get back into them.  Hopefully the weather will hold out so you can keep getting outside.  Stupid snowy cold weather (goes away grumbling)

• Like 1

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

On 2/8/2021 at 2:43 PM, Elastigirl said:

I'm practicing the Pistol squat, also doing the L-sit practice 1 time a week to maintain

Pistol squats are seriously NO joke. I would looooooove to get the mobility and strength one day to do a KB weighted pistol. I may take a queue from you once my back heals up and start working on pistols myself :) 

Following along per usual!

(Found this cool pic of Lift and wanted the share with you)

Image result for edgedancer

Wolf

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

clamp on ice gripper things

Hah!  You explain things like I do.  With several descriptors that make perfect sense!  I LOVE IT.

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

17 hours ago, Keladris said:

Really curious to see how you get on with the pistol squat! That's a long-term goal for me too. (I have many long term goals lol... one step at a time!)

Me too on the lots of long term goals

17 hours ago, Paisley said:

So many different types of squats.  for some reason I miss squats.  I need to get back into them.  Hopefully the weather will hold out so you can keep getting outside.  Stupid snowy cold weather (goes away grumbling)

I actually hope it snows. We normally only get snow once a year if that.And it lasts for a few days and is gone. Enough to enjoy the pretty of it all. Bummer if we can't make it to church, but that's the only place we would have to drive to

6 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

girl you make me want to move! Very inspiring to read what you did! am pretty impressed... hehe! ❤️

Thanks.Moving is sort of addictive, the more you do, the more you want to

5 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Pistol squats are seriously NO joke. I would looooooove to get the mobility and strength one day to do a KB weighted pistol. I may take a queue from you once my back heals up and start working on pistols myself :) 

Following along per usual!

(Found this cool pic of Lift and wanted the share with you)

Image result for edgedancer

Wolf

I love that pic. I think a lot of what holds me back from pistols is the mobility

• Like 2