Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II

7 hours ago, KB Girl said:

35 years, whoa! Congratulations :)

About the food and weight goals.. I think the most important question is, is your vacation going to be nicer when you weigh 5 pounds less? If yes, then go for it, go hard and low. If no... then maybe just focus on your long term efforts and all the things you learned about your food related values the past couple challenges? 

Thanks! If I go hard and low it will be after my vacation. At this point for my vacation, my weight is my weight. And being a bit fluffier than I like( but some more muscle too!) really won't make my vacation less nice

7 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

Id say don't force it with the 1400 calories. Try and see how you feel! Muscle rules so.... ! ;)

Thanks

Sport Yes GIF by Voile Banque Populaire

38 minutes ago, Xena said:

Ooof that is hard! That's the downside of being a pixie!

I think I agree with you that a few weeks of focused effort is a little easier to stomach (heh heh).

Yep. 😀

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I felt sort of blah today. You know, one of those days where it was hard to get anything done. I did get my workout in, a little later than ideal, but decent. Went for a short  walk. It was lightly raining and cold. So I just walked the neighborhoods until I got to the part that  hadn't had the snow shoveled and went back. Tomorrow I may try a different route and see if it's dryer.

For workout I did GMB Vitamin which was monkey practice , and then did 20 minutes on the rower. 30 second sprint/30 seconds rest for 19 reps. My hamstrings felt that!

• Like 4

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Man I hear ya on the vacation lead up debate.    I think others have had some really good advice.

Me?  I will regurgitate something I heard, that I have no idea if its even based in good science or practice.      But it was something about 'bodies don't get pissed off from being on a super restricted diet for a bit.  They get pissed off about being on a diet for more weeks than they should be.'  So maybe go hard for 2-3 weeks, drop a couple pounds, then hit maintenance again.      

• Like 1

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

17 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

well done! :)

thanks

12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Man I hear ya on the vacation lead up debate.    I think others have had some really good advice.

Me?  I will regurgitate something I heard, that I have no idea if its even based in good science or practice.      But it was something about 'bodies don't get pissed off from being on a super restricted diet for a bit.  They get pissed off about being on a diet for more weeks than they should be.'  So maybe go hard for 2-3 weeks, drop a couple pounds, then hit maintenance again.      

that's what I was thinking. Honestly, it's not super restrictive. It's just the 500 calorie a day deficit recommended for  a pound a week. But I feel like all I can eat is chicken and veggies. But, the idea of going hard for 3 weeks and then taking a week on maintenance sounds doable.

• Like 1

The other thing I'd pay attention to while you're limiting yourself to 1400/day is how your body feels - if you're starting to feel super fatigued and not doing so great, that's when you definitely want to re-evaluate where you're at. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Weekend was good. Not really good goal wise, I didn't track MFP, and  ate too much, but good  as far as life goes. Had people over for game night.One of whom was my son. He bought a new (to him) car and so we got to see him. I feel like my son is wise with his money, which makes a mom happy. He bought a 2017 (or thereabouts)Hyundai. Old enough to have depreciated some in value, new enough to have some of the special  features he wanted. So he's not overly frugal, but he doesn't think that he has to have the newest and best to make him happy. Had a good game night.Played our Hogwarts game and beat Lord Voldemort. I made sloppy joes with a mix of ground turkey and ground beef  to go over baked potatoes, and roasted broccolli as a side.

Sunday was good with church, and then continue our movie marathon of Harry Potter movies. Interupted because we were having a windstorm, and lost power for a little over half an hour. 

Week wrap up:

Finished my quests

Did workouts

Tracked and stuck to MFP about 50% of the time- yeah not that good, which was why I didn't lose weight. Right now I feel like I'm just treading water.After vacation, I'm going to make some changes and see if that works. Bonus will be that it will be that much lighter, which will help .

• Like 2

to be good with money is such an important thing to learn. I had to learn it the hard way by getting into debt. It should be taught in school as not all parents can be good about it. YAY for finished quests and workouts! Inspirational over here :)

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

12 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

to be good with money is such an important thing to learn. I had to learn it the hard way by getting into debt. It should be taught in school as not all parents can be good about it. YAY for finished quests and workouts! Inspirational over here :)

Yes, I am really glad that my son handles his money well.  His main expenditures are on board games and movies.😀

Monday did my workout. Looked outside and it wasn't raining. Decided to go for a walk. It started sprinkling,  and I kept walking. As I was about to turn around, it started raining harder. Then it became a torrential, wind blowing rain in your face downpour. I got a nice, brisk walk in as I tried to get home as quickly as possible.I was drenched by the time I got home.

Today, I tried to do GMB Vitamin, but the app wouldn't work. Did my rowing workout. Later in the afternoon I did the GMB. I pondered going for a walk, but it was sprinkling , and I didn't want another drowning. So,I  tried a rowing workout that was called chill.But, I'd already done rowing, and so I wasn't into it. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, but I bailed at about 20. Then looked outside, and it was sunny. I decided the weather gods are angry at me😉 I had stuff to do, so I didn't go for a walk.

Tracked on MFP. I'm on maintenance, which now feels like tons of food.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

* friendly wave* ❤️

Waving back!

Tracked on MFP.Sometimes, when I'm on deficit, I feel like there's something wrong with me, and I just can't be satisfied with enough food. Then I go on maintenance, and I find I do feel satisfied, and it's actually a lot of food.  I guess the thing with deficit eating is, you just have to know that you are going to be hungry.Which is why I may go the short term 2- 3 weeks, and then maintenance 1 week.

Gorgeous sunshine, went for a nice long walk, Did my workout. I think I'm almost done with level 4.  Need to check , I forget when I started it. Pistol squats are improving. Tried to see how low I could go today without assistance. What happens is, I get to a point, lose control, and fall on my butt.😀😒I think what I am going to do is stop a bit at several points on the descent, and practice holding the squat from that point.

Not tracking tomorrow as I am packing for vacation. Except now hubby says he feels stuffed up, and I'm worried that he's sick with Covid, so maybe this won't happen after all. Or maybe it's just a cold or allergies, which is what he says.

• Like 4

I hope he feels better soon!

I spent a lot of time hanging out at the bottom of a pistol squat with a 5lb dumbbell. The counterweight helps so much until my ankle figures out what it's supposed to be doing.

Hope Mr. Elastigirl (Elastiguy?) is okay!

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

12 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I hope he feels better soon!

6 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Oh no!  I hope it's nothing serious.

5 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

I spent a lot of time hanging out at the bottom of a pistol squat with a 5lb dumbbell. The counterweight helps so much until my ankle figures out what it's supposed to be doing.

I refer to him as Mr. Incredible.😀

Thanks all. He woke up this morning  feeling  rather crummy. We decided to cancel our trip. He's sleeping right now. He had a slight fever this morning(under 100) and tired with a stuffed up nose and scratchy throat.  So right now, just doing the wait and see as far a Covid. He's been taking Vitamin D pretty regularly, and I had him take some Zinc today too. I should make some bone broth to give him. Soup would be very tasty.  All of our trip was at least 95% refundable, so no money lost. I'm obviously sad for trip and a bit on edge as to whether hubby has Covid or not. Kind of just seems to all go in the blender of this time in our lives. When we went to bed last night I was super stressed. I didn't want to go on the trip if husband felt iffy at all.I was worried he would go and feel worse once we got there, and we would be dealing with Covid on our trip. I prayed that God would either have him wake up today feeling all better or worse, so that we could make a decision for the trip. I was sad when he felt worse, but almost relieved, as  that made the decision clear. 

• Like 3

Are they quick with test results in your area? Mr and I got tested last week (week before maybe) and got our results within 24hrs, I was really impressed!

That sucks that he is feeling worse and the trip got cancelled, but I’m glad for you it happened before the trip not partway into it. 

Bone broth soup sounds like just the ticket ❤️

5 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Are they quick with test results in your area? Mr and I got tested last week (week before maybe) and got our results within 24hrs, I was really impressed!

That sucks that he is feeling worse and the trip got cancelled, but I’m glad for you it happened before the trip not partway into it. 

Bone broth soup sounds like just the ticket ❤️

I think it's usually 2 days. If he still feels sick tomorrow, he's going for a test. I'm pretty sure it will be positive, because he has a fever, and he doesn't normally get fevers. But, we don't know of anybody  we've been around that's positive, and the positives in our area are dropping, so maybe not.  We had soup for lunch and then I gave him a cup of broth later in the day

Well, hmmmph, today didn't go as planned.  I got stuff done, but I was very scatter brained about it all. I ordered some groceries. We of course were almost out, since we were going on a trip. I also ordered some  canned chicken and quick cooking rice from Amazon. That way, if I got sick , we will have some  easy food. I'd bought tuna packets for the trip, so we have those too. 

Did GMB vitamin, though my brain wasn't on it.Then I did  a rowing session.That was great, because it was just row hard. That helped get some nervous energy out. I had a giant chocolate chip cookie.I bought it as a treat for the plane ride, so had it today. Other than that, I ate lots of small stuff in a snacky way. My stomach was kind of upset (stress reaction) and for me, that makes me feel like eating more. I'm not  saying I felt bad about eating that way today. Life happens, and sometimes  days like that happens. Tomorrow will most likely be better. I bought lots of pre washed salad greens, so that's easy,

• Like 4

oh nooooo! Im so sorry to hear your husband is not feeling well! Sucks about the holiday too! ❤️

Hoping you don't have to deal with covid!!!!!!

Its completely understandable that you are nervous  right now, I sure would be too!

Sending bone broth and hugs! ❤️

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

On 2/25/2021 at 5:22 AM, Artemis Prime said:

I tried doing a hold at the bottom, while holding my kettlebell. I couldn't hold it. Couldn't do it without.Maybe tomorrow I'll try with the dumbbell

22 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

oh nooooo! Im so sorry to hear your husband is not feeling well! Sucks about the holiday too! ❤️

Hoping you don't have to deal with covid!!!!!!

Its completely understandable that you are nervous  right now, I sure would be too!

Sending bone broth and hugs! ❤️

Thank you very much

7 hours ago, Paisley said:

Sorry to hear you had to cancel.  But as you said at least it was an easy decision in the end.   Hopefully it is just a cold or flu and not covid and that you can avoid catching what ever it is too.

Thanks

Mr.Incredible woke up feeling better, but had a slight fever this morning. He never gets fevers. He went for a Covid test. 

I slept poorly last night. Slept in the guest room, and I never sleep as well not in my room . It is nicely painted and calming though. Did my workout.Which is the last one until the boss battle. I will do the boss battle on Monday.I think then I will just do GMB Vitamin for the rest of the week. Unless I'm bored and want to do more. Or sick and do less. Not really sure what next week will be like. Since I was going to be on vacation, it seems like a good plan to take a deload. But working  out is something I love, so maybe I would rather do that. I could do the kettlebell circuit for something different. 

For dinner tonight, we ordered burgers. I had a turkey burger with bacon and potato salad and ate all of it! So good.  I'm not really sure what I'm doing about food next week either. Since I was going to take a break, maybe I will do that. But, we may ended up going somewhere for a long weekend in a few weeks, so maybe it would be better to maintain now. I'm doubtful I will try and lose. And for this weekend, I'm not going to worry about it. And if I'm sick, I'm not worried about it.

Tried the hold at the bottom of a pistol squat today, could hold for a millisecond.  For squat work, what I did was  hold a kettlebell, and do rolls to squat to standing. I tend to  turn my legs in when I do them, so I use my quads more and my calves and ankles less. So, I focused on keeping them straight, so I had to use my longer legs, as that is where my strength is lacking, I think.

It was sunny (but cold) so I went for a walk. Then it started raining. I felt like the weather was mocking me.😀Ha, don't you wish you were in Florida right now? I told the weather, I am a Ranger, and I walk in any weather.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1