Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II

Ranger gonna ranger ❤️

• Like 2

Here's hoping that this is just a fever and not COVID.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

On 2/27/2021 at 1:58 PM, Yasha92 said:

Ranger gonna ranger ❤️

😀

21 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Here's hoping that this is just a fever and not COVID.

Thanks, Nope came back positive

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Aww man that sucks about Mr Incredible and the poor timing. :( Fingers crossed for a negative test!

Thanks, 

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sorry you had to cancel :( 

You are badass. And dealing with all of this very well! 

Thanks, I have all the emotions, but overall a peace about it

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

when do you get the test back? Im kinda nervous with you! ❤️

Came back yesterday. SOrry I didn't post here. I was processing

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Mr. Incredible has Covid. Tests came back yesterday. He is actually feeling decent. Not great.  But not horrible. I so far have no symptoms. I'm trying to just rest in the moment, trust in God, and not worry about what tomorrow holds. 

Yesterday was nice weather. I went for a long walk Our suburbs have sidewalks, so I can cross the street and be far away from people. Thankfully, the COvid test results cam back quickly.But seeing positive,  made me anxious. Which is just sort of an emotional reaction.He was actually feeling a lot better yesterday, so no reason to worry.But, my brain  keeps going through worst case scenarios. Deep breath. Right now he is fine. If he has complications, we will deal with that when the time comes. 

The weather was almost 50 degrees, so yesterday (and today) I opened up all our windows and let fresh air in. I also bought some mouth wash and X-clear, a  sinus spray with  Xylitol. Some studies have said that they can lessen the viral load. The sinus spray is one I've used for my allergies before, so I figured it couldn't hurt. We've been taking Vitamin D  since the start of the pandemic, and upped our dosage. Melatonin is also supposed to help, so we are taking that (I take it anyway when I have trouble sleeping) I had fresh fruit and veggies delivered, so we are eating healthy (isn't it a great world we live in to have all that stuff delivered)

Since we were on vacation, we were really low on food.And I had cancelled our normal organic produce delivery.  I was able to order some more. And we have lots of frozen veggies, that we need to eat. Tonight , we are eating prime rib (I think) We bought a half a cow, and this is from that. I took it out of the freezer , and thought it was a cross rib rib(cheaper cut) but today when I looked at it, the label says rib roast, and I looked that up, and it's a prime rib. Not something I would normally fix unless it's for a special meal, but it's defrosted now.

I'm glad the weather is decent. Not bright sunshine, but not dreary rain either. I'm going to go for a walk after I finish this.

Not going to reflect on how my week's goals were, as nothing went as planned. I have been emotional eating though.Which is fine for this weekend. I think Monday I will start tracking again. Goal is around maintenance .I think Even if I go over some, I'm fine with that. Just an awareness of how many calories I eat. Of course, right now, my thoughts are around if I get sick. I think my plan is just to track, and then if I get sick, not worry about it. And exercise I'm going to do the Boss battle for level 4 tomorrow,  and then GMB Vitamin. And maybe play with my staff some. Not sure . If I'm tired, I'm not going to push it. A lot of really trying to listen to my body.

• Like 4

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Not going to reflect on how my week's goals were, as nothing went as planned. I have been emotional eating though.Which is fine for this weekend. I think Monday I will start tracking again. Goal is around maintenance .I think Even if I go over some, I'm fine with that. Just an awareness of how many calories I eat. Of course, right now, my thoughts are around if I get sick. I think my plan is just to track, and then if I get sick, not worry about it. And exercise I'm going to do the Boss battle for level 4 tomorrow,  and then GMB Vitamin. And maybe play with my staff some. Not sure . If I'm tired, I'm not going to push it. A lot of really trying to listen to my body.

I'm so sorry to hear that Mr. Incredible has Covid!  Stress, and having your life turned a little upside down, makes following goals so hard. I think your strategy here is really smart.  Not worrying about last week's goals - not being on yourself about getting off track.  Just getting back on track, slowly, in the ways that seem feasible.  Be gentle with yourself!  And take care.  I'll be hoping that you are able to stay healthy, and that Mr. Incredible recovers as quickly as possible. 

• Like 2

Cyber hugs to you both ❤️

Keeping you both in my thoughts. 

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I have been emotional eating though.Which is fine for this weekend.

Yea this is good, practicing some self compassion for the situation you're unexpectedly finding yourself in. 

• Like 2

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Sending positive vibes your way!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

Dang girl, I fell behind and so much happened here.  Soooo sorry you had to cancel the trip.   But like others have said, what a blessing it happened before and not in the midst of it.     I can't even imagine how much I'd panic trying to figure out if I stay ON vacation to honor the quarantine, or try to find a way to get home to quarantine there, or ... what the best option even is in that scenario.

Glad it seems thus far to be mild-ish.   Praying continued peace, strength and protection for you and the family.   

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Sorry that Mr. Incredible is sick, but good that he seems to be weathering it well. Sorry for both of you about the trip. The disappointment and worry must be a tough combination. Wishing you both health.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:50 PM, Elastigirl said:

Tracked on MFP.Sometimes, when I'm on deficit, I feel like there's something wrong with me, and I just can't be satisfied with enough food. Then I go on maintenance, and I find I do feel satisfied, and it's actually a lot of food.  I guess the thing with deficit eating is, you just have to know that you are going to be hungry.Which is why I may go the short term 2- 3 weeks, and then maintenance 1 week.

The discussion about this on your thread over the past few weeks has inspired me. I'm gonna focus on diet for the next two weeks and then probably take a bit of a break. It's too hard to always restrict continuously and (at least for me) too hard to intuitively eat exactly what I need to to keep my weight where I would like it.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Praying for a quick recovery for Mr. Incredible.

23 hours ago, Keladris said:

Wishing a quick recovery ❤️ 

Thank you!

22 hours ago, Jules Andromeda said:

I'm so sorry to hear that Mr. Incredible has Covid!  Stress, and having your life turned a little upside down, makes following goals so hard. I think your strategy here is really smart.  Not worrying about last week's goals - not being on yourself about getting off track.  Just getting back on track, slowly, in the ways that seem feasible.  Be gentle with yourself!  And take care.  I'll be hoping that you are able to stay healthy, and that Mr. Incredible recovers as quickly as possible. 

Thanks! Yeah, just planning on making very little goals this week. I love your avatar!

20 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Cyber hugs to you both ❤️

Thanks

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I love your mindset! also sending you prayers and all the best wishes! there was a news article here about a 107 year old woman beating covid. Lets strive to be her! ❤️

Thanks. There was an article about a local women in her 90's beating Covid. She swore that it was the chicken soup her family brought her. I'm a firm believer in chicken soup, so I made some for my husband!

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Keeping you both in my thoughts. 

Yea this is good, practicing some self compassion for the situation you're unexpectedly finding yourself in. 

Thanks!

13 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Sending positive vibes your way!

Thank

13 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Praying for you and Mr. Incredible!

Thanks. Prayers are much appreciated

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Glad he's feeling better! Hoping for a speedy recovery and that you and the people around you won't catch it.

Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Dang girl, I fell behind and so much happened here.  Soooo sorry you had to cancel the trip.   But like others have said, what a blessing it happened before and not in the midst of it.     I can't even imagine how much I'd panic trying to figure out if I stay ON vacation to honor the quarantine, or try to find a way to get home to quarantine there, or ... what the best option even is in that scenario.

Glad it seems thus far to be mild-ish.   Praying continued peace, strength and protection for you and the family.   

I just don't even know what you would do. Hoenstly, it was worrying me before we made the trip. I very much appreciate your prayers.

48 minutes ago, Xena said:

Sorry that Mr. Incredible is sick, but good that he seems to be weathering it well. Sorry for both of you about the trip. The disappointment and worry must be a tough combination. Wishing you both health.

The discussion about this on your thread over the past few weeks has inspired me. I'm gonna focus on diet for the next two weeks and then probably take a bit of a break. It's too hard to always restrict continuously and (at least for me) too hard to intuitively eat exactly what I need to to keep my weight where I would like it.

Yes, he is weathering it well.

That is exactly how I feel on diet.

I passed the level 4 bodyweight challenge today! Then did some GMB vitamin, which was jumping practice.I worked at not caving my knees in when I land.

Went on a long walk today.Weather was mild. We have all our windows opened (trying to get rid of plague air) I also sat outside on our deck and read.Did I mention I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series? I'm on book 6. We are also re-watching the movies, but that's on hold, until we can watch it in the same room without me getting plague germs,

My goals today were today track food, workout, make a meal plan for the week, cook dinner and clean it. I've worked out, made a meal plan, cooked dinner.Need to  type in dinner and snack for MFP.And clean dishes. Can't wait until hubby is better and he can resume his cleaning duties!

• Like 4

I'll be praying for Mr. Incredible's speedy recovery!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

19 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Priorities :D 

Yep, well I miss his hugs too.😉