Jump to content

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II


Recommended Posts

Started off the day rough. Slept in (fine I'm letting myself) Did my Bible reading, then spent way too long on the computer.Finally decided to work out, but by then it was almost afternoon and I was hungry, so I had a snack. Remembered I hadn't posted anything in MFP. Also. really wanted to make chocolate chip cookies today. I was super tempted to just say whatever, call the day a fail and eat whatever I wanted. Took a deep breath, and remembered my goal was to track food. I'd given myself permission to go over, all I needed was to track what I ate. So, I posted on MFP.Which took several tries because the site was being a pain.I was pretty loose on the calories(counted all the walking calories from Fitbit which I think says too many) and didn't measure everything, but I tracked it, and actually made my calorie goal.

 

DId the rowing workout, and then went on a nice walk. I'm enjoying the rowing workouts right now. I just follow along with the coach, and there are intervals, so I have a way to push myself. Also did GMB Vitamin,Today was cartwheels.Which I suck at. I did alright. It's just sort of putting in the time on those this week, my head's not in it.That's ok, sometimes it's just about showing up.

  • Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Took a deep breath, and remembered my goal was to track food. I'd given myself permission to go over, all I needed was to track what I ate. So, I posted on MFP.Which took several tries because the site was being a pain.


You handled that like a boss! Way to go, EG. I’ve been bad at my Bible memorization despite still reading each morning. I need to get on that!

 

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That's ok, sometimes it's just about showing up.


Sooooooo true! I love it. You’ve inspired me a lot with your attitude, EG. I love it :D 

 

Wolf

  • Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

 

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

 

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

 

Link to post

You kicked the “dunwannas” right in the butt! Thinking of you guys

  • Like 1
Link to post
16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Indeed! You did great both with the workouts and the MFP.

Thanks

13 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

you are doing well! Under this circumstances I would be struggling and you got so much done! yes! :)

Thanks, and thank you for always cheering me on!

9 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:


You handled that like a boss! Way to go, EG. I’ve been bad at my Bible memorization despite still reading each morning. I need to get on that!

 


Sooooooo true! I love it. You’ve inspired me a lot with your attitude, EG. I love it :D 

 

Wolf

Thanks, yeah I've been bad at the memorization too, which was why I jumped on it when Starpuck suggested when form a accountability group

5 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

You kicked the “dunwannas” right in the butt! Thinking of you guys

Thanks. I think the key was little steps. Today wasn't as good. I didn't track, I ate semi decent

  • Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Sounds like you've got a lot going on, even though Mr. Incredible's symptoms are mild it's still scary dealing with something like covid. Seems like you're doing a good job of finding the line between keeping on track and being kind to yourself in a stressful time. I'm sending positive vibes westward, for a speedy recovery for Mr. Incredible and that it passes you by while you're quarantining.

 

Also, I offer you a Tip From a Canadian for dealing with cold wet feet. Try wool socks. Wool maintains most of it's insulating properties even when wet, so even if your feet are drenched in icy cold slushy water your toes will be toasty (you'll get an initial shock of cold, obviously, but it won't take long to warm back up). I use wool socks for all my winter runs, the roads and sidewalks around here are either 100% slush or 100% puddle, and my running shoes aren't even a little water resistant. I absolutely hate the feeling of wet socks, and I find that wool doesn't feel nearly as wet as cotton even when it's drenched, so not only will your toes be warmer, they'll also feel dryer.

  • Like 3

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Link to post

Do you have a rower with classes? I know they do bikes and treadmills.

 

I enjoyed rowing quite a bit when I did crossfit, but I always relied too much on my arms and it took me forever to get a good drive with the legs.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

Link to post
13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks, yeah I've been bad at the memorization too, which was why I jumped on it when Starpuck suggested when form a accountability group

In another moment of 'when things align'.   My church's next sermon series is about memorizing bible passages!!   So cool when that happens.

 

Continued TP&V for you my friend.   You're doing such a good job of keeping a sane, self-care,  regime going.

  • Like 2

Level 73 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

 

 

Link to post
10 hours ago, Starpuck said:

In another moment of 'when things align'.   My church's next sermon series is about memorizing bible passages!!   So cool when that happens.

 

Continued TP&V for you my friend.   You're doing such a good job of keeping a sane, self-care,  regime going.

That's cool!

Thanks

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
23 hours ago, obax said:

Sounds like you've got a lot going on, even though Mr. Incredible's symptoms are mild it's still scary dealing with something like covid. Seems like you're doing a good job of finding the line between keeping on track and being kind to yourself in a stressful time. I'm sending positive vibes westward, for a speedy recovery for Mr. Incredible and that it passes you by while you're quarantining.

 

Also, I offer you a Tip From a Canadian for dealing with cold wet feet. Try wool socks. Wool maintains most of it's insulating properties even when wet, so even if your feet are drenched in icy cold slushy water your toes will be toasty (you'll get an initial shock of cold, obviously, but it won't take long to warm back up). I use wool socks for all my winter runs, the roads and sidewalks around here are either 100% slush or 100% puddle, and my running shoes aren't even a little water resistant. I absolutely hate the feeling of wet socks, and I find that wool doesn't feel nearly as wet as cotton even when it's drenched, so not only will your toes be warmer, they'll also feel dryer.

Yeah, I keep asking him if he's having trouble breathing, and generally harassing him. 

My problem with wool is that it gets itchy. 

12 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Do you have a rower with classes? I know they do bikes and treadmills.

 

I enjoyed rowing quite a bit when I did crossfit, but I always relied too much on my arms and it took me forever to get a good drive with the legs.

No, I do it along with a youtube channel called Dark Horse Rowing.They have tons , and I really enjoy them

  • Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Slept better last night. So, my bed is in the middle of the room.This is the guest bedroom, the one I was painting.So we had moved the bed to the middle of the room. And it's too heavy for me to move, so I just went with it. And I made the bed so I was facing the window. And we have street lights. I wore a blindfold, but if the blindfold moved , I would wake up. I'm so used to sleeping in our dark room, and all that light is just messing with me. Last night, I realized I could make the bed so my head was near the window and I faced the wall. It seemed to work and I slept better.

 

Woke up feeling rested. Did my morning routine and spent a long time dinking on the computer. Then felt sort of sick to my stomach, and tired, Read for a while and took a nap. It's hard not to think of every symptom and wonder if it's covid.I think it was most  likely just stress, as I felt fine when I got up.

 

Didn't track food.I ate pretty well, as I didn't want to irritate my stomach. For dinner we had salmon, and asparagus .Yum! Both were ordered from our produce delivery (who does other groceries) I ordered extra veggies and fruit, so  now we are much better supplied. Of course, last week's delivery had been cancelled, since we thought we were going on vacation. Great time to be on quarantine, when you have very little in your pantry.😉

 

One of the things in my freezer was beef heart that I've had for a while , and keep putting off cooking it. I've cooked it before, but Mr. Incredible cut it up, cause it's bloody and gross. But it's super high in zinc.So I'm going to go for it.Found a recipe where you cook it like a roast (don't have to cut it) in the Instapot.I'll make some chicken to go with, in case we don't like it. But  a whole food version of zinc is a good thing.

 

Didn't work out today, or even go for a walk.Wasn't up to it, and didn't push myself.  I did do GMB's recovery which is active stretches for about 15 minutes.

 

I'm doing the Ned Fitness Prime Creativity challenge. I keep saying how I need to be more creativie, and create, but I find all sorts of excuses to procrastinate. The goal they set for week one is 5 minutes a day. So, I've been doing my weaving. I haven't done the thing where I get excited and work more, but I've done the 5 minutes.

 

  • Like 4

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

My problem with wool is that it gets itchy. 

It doesn't have to be itchy. I have fairly sensitive skin and have usually done okay with merino wool. My current favorites are Costco women's extra fine merino wool trail socks. Most of the colors and patterns aren't what I usually go for, but they're comfortable. Definitely not the most durable, but they're cheap so I don't mind buying a new pack when necessary.

 

I'm glad you got some good sleep. Sleep is awesome!

  • Like 1

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, Current

Walk to Mordor (2021)

Link to post

REI sells wool hiking socks that have been some of the softest footwear I've donned.   You do pay a bit more for it though.  I use these on my winter or cool weather hikes.

 

  • Like 1

Level 73 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

 

 

Link to post

We went into quarantine straight off the back of arriving home from America and the cupboard was very Mother Hubbord. We had neighbors dropping us off milk and bread with knock-and-run stealth and we ordered a hell of a lot of Ubereats delivery food. A delivery veggie box sounds like a way better way to have gone about it 😂 

Thinking of you often , I hope the stress begins to ease and that Mr Incredible keeps getting better and better 💜

Link to post
On 3/4/2021 at 9:07 PM, Ranger Hal said:

It doesn't have to be itchy. I have fairly sensitive skin and have usually done okay with merino wool. My current favorites are Costco women's extra fine merino wool trail socks. Most of the colors and patterns aren't what I usually go for, but they're comfortable. Definitely not the most durable, but they're cheap so I don't mind buying a new pack when necessary.

 

I'm glad you got some good sleep. Sleep is awesome!

Maybe I have those? I didn't think the ones I had were wool. I will check. I've seen them though

On 3/5/2021 at 8:30 AM, Starpuck said:

REI sells wool hiking socks that have been some of the softest footwear I've donned.   You do pay a bit more for it though.  I use these on my winter or cool weather hikes.

 

It would be worth it. I walk a  lot

23 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

We went into quarantine straight off the back of arriving home from America and the cupboard was very Mother Hubbord. We had neighbors dropping us off milk and bread with knock-and-run stealth and we ordered a hell of a lot of Ubereats delivery food. A delivery veggie box sounds like a way better way to have gone about it 😂 

Thinking of you often , I hope the stress begins to ease and that Mr Incredible keeps getting better and better 💜

Last week we did Amazon fresh, which was pretty good.

1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

how are you and your husband? * sends good thoughts* ❤️

Yesterday he started to feel poorly again.Went to the dr, and had his lungs xrayed. They were clear, and his oxygen levels were good. I'm doing well, no sign of covid for me

  • Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

As I noted above, yesterday poor Mr. Incredible started feeling worse. Since they say that can be a danger sign he went to the dr. His lungs were clear, and his oxygen was good. I also bought an oximeter, so he can test his oxygen at home. Right now, it's at about 98, which is average. So even though he feels crappy, his lungs are doing alright. He has a lot of fatigue. When he got covid, I talked to him about doing some breathing exercises, and he has been doing that, and I think that helps.  I found a video last night,  with more, explanation  about diaphragm breathing. 

 

When he went to the dr, I was worried. I stayed home, which I think makes it harder. I was struggling big time with  not letting my mind wander to all the worst case scenarios. Prayed and asked God  for help Texted my friends, and asked them to pray for hubby, and for me for peace. Then I folded laundry while I listened to a podcast. Then I read the Bible some. I also cleaned the guest bedroom (formerly son's bedroom ) window that had something stuck in it.That sounds like a long time , but it was only an hour. I felt sort of nauseous and weak kneed the whole time. Later  that evening ,when I was looking at  breathing exercises, it occurred to me, that long , slow , breathing would be good to add to my arsenal when I am fighting the dragon of worry. I asked him to text me as soon as he heard what the doctor said, and he did, so my worry was very short lived, for which I am grateful 

 

I haven't tracked food. It just seemed too much. However, when I didn't want to track on Tuesday, it was more of a screw this mindset, and now it's just a mindset of , let's dial it back a bit and take this optional stressor out of my life. And I am really motivated and focused on feeding both hubby and I as nutrient dense food as I can. Which , I think is a good pivot for right now.

 

And on another note, watched the final  episode of Wandvision last night. That made me cry. Really well done series.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Focusing on good food is good. Worrying is hard, all my sympathy ❤️

 

When I had covid I never had any breathing or oxygen problems either. The headache and fatigue weren’t any fun and lasted... well.. I still don’t think I’m back to normal, especially with concentration levels. I hope your husband recovers smoothly and completely, even if it also has to take a bit of time. Wish him patience from me? 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl fixes the batcaves

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Link to post
31 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Focusing on good food is good. Worrying is hard, all my sympathy ❤️

 

When I had covid I never had any breathing or oxygen problems either. The headache and fatigue weren’t any fun and lasted... well.. I still don’t think I’m back to normal, especially with concentration levels. I hope your husband recovers smoothly and completely, even if it also has to take a bit of time. Wish him patience from me? 

I will. He says he is very tired of being tired! He tried to do some work last week, but he was really struggling with concentration. And now they are heading into a big crunch time to get things done.Though he has talked to his lead, and she is very supportive, so no pressure from work people

  • Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I will. He says he is very tired of being tired! He tried to do some work last week, but he was really struggling with concentration. And now they are heading into a big crunch time to get things done.Though he has talked to his lead, and she is very supportive, so no pressure from work people

It’s often us self who put on the most pressure.

  • Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl fixes the batcaves

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Link to post
On 3/7/2021 at 3:43 AM, KB Girl said:

It’s often us self who put on the most pressure.

True

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Mr. Incredible was feeling better today, and I decided I need to get back in the groove. Still just working on maintenance, but I tracked in MFP. I started level 5.Whew! It's tough. It has wall walk, which wear me out, and box jumps.  Before, I worked on my pistol squats. Weather was nice, so I went on a good long walk. 

We haven't been uber strict on quarantining Mr. Incredible from me, but we have tried to stay at least 6 feet apart. We have a dining room that opens up to the family. So he stays in the family room or bedroom, and I stay in the dining area or go downstairs. So we've eaten "together" in that I sit  in the dining room and he sits in the family room, but we can see each other and talk. But tomorrow we are ending the quarantine! Probably still not kissing and stuff, but we are going to sit in the same room and eat, and watch a movie together!

 

On the NF prime app I've been doing the 31 days of habit.Start out with 1 burpee, and then add 1 each day.I'm up to 6. Also the creativity app, where you do 5 minutes. I should do it, its only 5 minutes, but I'm tired. I don't sleep as well in the guest bed, and plus the way I react to stress is tiredness. So, not going to do it.I think tomorrow I will do it right after breakfast or lunch.

 

I had a pineapple from our produce guy and cut it up.Just ate some, and it made my tongue burn so I stopped (duh) Anyone else had that issue? Please don't tell me it's a Covid warning sign.😉 Sometimes when I eat fruit, it makes my throat tickle, but I don't think I've had the tongue burn thing before. My allergies are high though. I am keeping all the  windows open (I prefer allergies over Covid)

  • Like 2

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I had a pineapple from our produce guy and cut it up.Just ate some, and it made my tongue burn so I stopped (duh) Anyone else had that issue? Please don't tell me it's a Covid warning sign.😉 Sometimes when I eat fruit, it makes my throat tickle, but I don't think I've had the tongue burn thing before. My allergies are high though. I am keeping all the  windows open (I prefer allergies over Covid)

Allergic pineapple reactions are very common and it sounds exactly like that, so no covid worries there. 

  • Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl fixes the batcaves

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines