Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II

A pineapple allergy would ruin my life 🤣  that might almost be worse than peanut butter!  But I do find it very acidic in general.

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Mr. Incredible was feeling better today, and I decided I need to get back in the groove. Still just working on maintenance, but I tracked in MFP. I started level 5.Whew! It's tough. It has wall walk, which wear me out, and box jumps.  Before, I worked on my pistol squats. Weather was nice, so I went on a good long walk. 

We haven't been uber strict on quarantining Mr. Incredible from me, but we have tried to stay at least 6 feet apart. We have a dining room that opens up to the family. So he stays in the family room or bedroom, and I stay in the dining area or go downstairs. So we've eaten "together" in that I sit  in the dining room and he sits in the family room, but we can see each other and talk. But tomorrow we are ending the quarantine! Probably still not kissing and stuff, but we are going to sit in the same room and eat, and watch a movie together!

On the NF prime app I've been doing the 31 days of habit.Start out with 1 burpee, and then add 1 each day.I'm up to 6. Also the creativity app, where you do 5 minutes. I should do it, its only 5 minutes, but I'm tired. I don't sleep as well in the guest bed, and plus the way I react to stress is tiredness. So, not going to do it.I think tomorrow I will do it right after breakfast or lunch.

I had a pineapple from our produce guy and cut it up.Just ate some, and it made my tongue burn so I stopped (duh) Anyone else had that issue? Please don't tell me it's a Covid warning sign.😉 Sometimes when I eat fruit, it makes my throat tickle, but I don't think I've had the tongue burn thing before. My allergies are high though. I am keeping all the  windows open (I prefer allergies over Covid)

yay for being close again! It must suck so much to quarantine from your partner. Glad to hear he feels better too! ❤️

• Like 1

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

5 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

yay for being close again! It must suck so much to quarantine from your partner. Glad to hear he feels better too! ❤️

Thanks. Yes, super glad to be able to hug him.

21 minutes ago, Xena said:

Yeah for Mr. Incredible being on the mend! I hope you are able to get some good nights of sleep soon.

Thanks .Tonight I am sleeping in my own bed!

• Like 3

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Mr. Incredible is feeling much better. Life seems to be getting back to normal. Did GMB vitamin, Did my rowing workout. Went on a walk.Mr. Incredible had plans to go on a walk after his work.It had been sunny all day, and then got dark, so we opted out of the walk.Good call, as 5 minutes later we had a hail storm

And hey, life is really good, Mr. Incredible felt good enough to do the dinner dishes, so I'm off dish duty.😀 And I get to sleep in my own bed. For our guest room, I am definitely getting black out blinds. I had no idea how light it was in that room. I've slept in there before, but only a night or two. I do like the color I painted it. 

• Like 5

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Glad to hear Mr. Incredible is feeling better, and yay for no more dish duty! I've got my fingers crossed that the upward trend keeps going for him and things get back to normal as soon as possible for both of you.

Regarding the pineapple thing, you can get a burning sensation if you got a particularly acidic one. I've had that happen before and it's weird but not concerning. Hopefully that's all it is, I suppose a pineapple allergy wouldn't be too difficult to deal with but it's just so tasty...

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Delegation of dish duty for the win!!!

Sometimes I find the middle core part of a pineapple does that to my tongue, while the flesh is fine.

It is possible to develop allergies later in life, but also rather unusual 😂 

• Like 1

Hugs are the best thing to give to people! Glad to hear that Mr. Incredible is doing well!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

And hey, life is really good, Mr. Incredible felt good enough to do the dinner dishes, so I'm off dish duty.😀 

Glad he's doing better! Personally I'd milk it for all it's worth and feign disease for a good few weeks if it meant skipping out on doing the dishes. 😂

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Glad he's doing better! Personally I'd milk it for all it's worth and feign disease for a good few weeks if it meant skipping out on doing the dishes. 😂

&1 hehe :) 

14 hours ago, obax said:

Glad to hear Mr. Incredible is feeling better, and yay for no more dish duty! I've got my fingers crossed that the upward trend keeps going for him and things get back to normal as soon as possible for both of you.

Regarding the pineapple thing, you can get a burning sensation if you got a particularly acidic one. I've had that happen before and it's weird but not concerning. Hopefully that's all it is, I suppose a pineapple allergy wouldn't be too difficult to deal with but it's just so tasty...

Thanks.That's probably what it was with the pineapple

12 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Delegation of dish duty for the win!!!

Sometimes I find the middle core part of a pineapple does that to my tongue, while the flesh is fine.

It is possible to develop allergies later in life, but also rather unusual 😂 

I'm  thinking it was just acidic

11 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Hugs are the best thing to give to people! Glad to hear that Mr. Incredible is doing well!

Yes, hugs are wonderful , and thanks

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thanks. As for me, having to do dishes means I am   the most giving, selfless, martyr of all time , for having to do ALL the dishes for 2 whole weeks! I should get an award of something I tell you😉

1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

&1 hehe :) 

Yes! (see above note to Hatter)

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2021 at 2:13 AM, KB Girl said:

Allergic pineapple reactions are very common and it sounds exactly like that, so no covid worries there. 

On 3/9/2021 at 11:07 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

A pineapple allergy would ruin my life 🤣  that might almost be worse than peanut butter!  But I do find it very acidic in general.

I'm thinking Obax's theory of it just more acidic is probably right.. I would be so sad to have an actual allergy.  I'm going to try it again today. Maybe after sitting in the fridge, it is less acidic

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I'm thinking Obax's theory of it just more acidic is probably right.. I would be so sad to have an actual allergy.  I'm going to try it again today. Maybe after sitting in the fridge, it is less acidic

I have a very mild peanut allergy, which normally hardly bothers me, I might rub my eyes a couple times.. but when it’s hay fever season and I eat peanut butter it’s... unpleasant :) 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl fixes the batcaves

my instagram - my gym's instagram

31 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I have a very mild peanut allergy, which normally hardly bothers me, I might rub my eyes a couple times.. but when it’s hay fever season and I eat peanut butter it’s... unpleasant :) 

😀Just this morning, I put lotion on my hands, and then rubbed my eyes. Not quite as unpleasant as peanut butter eyes, but not recommended either😉

Did prayer group zoom with my friends this morning.Then workout. I'm not sure if this note was new, or was there before, and I just noticed it.But there was a note with the pistol squats that said you could do them with your leg behind you.So, I did that, and bam- much more doable! Since pistol squats were in the workout, I did L-sit practice for my skill work. Some leg tuck raises, and stag leg raises.

I'm getting rather bored with pistol squats as skill work. I have two weeks at level 5 before the test. Going to grind it out and keep with it. I think I can level up and pass the boss battle by doing the leg behind me.It doesn't seem to my that I've made  much improvement in the regular pistol. After that, I may go back to L-sit , or take a break and go after a shiny. I'm kind of wanting to practice cartwheels and see if I can get better at those.

Went on two walks today.One in the afternoon, and a short one in the evening with hubby. Very nice to have my walking buddy back.

On NF prime, I've supposed to be doing the creative flex challenge, but haven't been doing much. But today I did 10 minutes of weaving. I don't know why I struggle with creative stuff so much.Just find it really hard to get myself to do it, even if I enjoy it.

Last night, hubby and I watched the 5th Harry Potter movie, Order of The Phoenix. I've enjoyed the other movies, but this one seemed very disjointed. It just jumped from thing to thing, without making much sense

• Like 1

So glad to hear things are on the upswing back to good!   Yay!

Also, like KB Girl said - sometimes the body just hits allergen overload.  One year I developed itchiness everywhere.   No sign of rash.   Maybe a hive like bump here or there.  It was that the allergy counts that year were off the charts, and so my body showed off a new allergy hissy fit symptom.    It's like the body can get to this point like 'fine, okay these allergies are here and suck but I got this'.  Then the allergens up a level and it goes, "Awhellno! Here, react to this thing now, which I previously didn't complain about."

• Like 2

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

So glad to hear things are on the upswing back to good!   Yay!

Also, like KB Girl said - sometimes the body just hits allergen overload.  One year I developed itchiness everywhere.   No sign of rash.   Maybe a hive like bump here or there.  It was that the allergy counts that year were off the charts, and so my body showed off a new allergy hissy fit symptom.    It's like the body can get to this point like 'fine, okay these allergies are here and suck but I got this'.  Then the allergens up a level and it goes, "Awhellno! Here, react to this thing now, which I previously didn't complain about."

Yes, it could be allergy overload.It is the start of allergy season. I had every window in the house open. I don't usually do that this time of year, but I wanted to get rid of the plague air

2 days in a row of doing the creative flex and my weaving!

I'm struggling a bit on my morning routine.  Next week I'm back to setting a timer.

Did GMB Vitamin (butterfly kicks) and rowing. Also went for a walk. hubby walked part of the way.We walked on the school track. It is flat, as opposed to our hilly walk. Weather was gorgeous.

Amazing how quick this week went by.Last week, when hubby was sick, the days dragged. This week went so quick.

Tracked calories. I went over by about a hundred.

Tomorrow we have tickets to see Raya and The Last Dragon! I'm so excited. And we are going to a good burger place before. My first time out of the house in over two weeks. Looking forward to it.

My inlaws got  their 2nd shot today-woo hoo. Really glad

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 8:12 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

congrats to walking with husband! and have fun tomorrow night! :) 

Thanks! We had a very good time.

Friday night was fun. First night outside the house in over two weeks! Met our son and went out to a good burger place and then to see Raya and the Last Dragon. I'm super glad theaters are open again. I enjoy going to go see the movie in the theater. It was a good movie. 

Saturday was pretty chill.Worked on my weaving some. Sunday went to church, which was really nice since it's been a couple of weeks. I didn't do very good on food. Monday I'm starting on a deficit, so this weekend, I've been kind of acting like it's my last chance to eat all the stuff.Which is not that great of an attitude, but there it is. And I've also gotten some good protein and veggies in too. And actually at the restaurant I had brisket with no bun and an ice tea (instead of alcohol) and some popcorn at the theater. 

Week review_

I tracked some and worked out, also walked. My motivation to get stuff done is low. Trying hard not to be grumbly about missing a vacation. I did get some creative time in.I think I've done the weaving 4 days in a row! Yesterday I  bought some new yarn for a new project I'm going to make.I'm super excited. The reason I wanted to do weaving was for the cool wall hangings with different textures, and that's what this project is.

Edit to add:I forgot to talk about morning which is supposed to be my big goal. I've done good at reading my Bible, and not so good at start times.Partly that was fine. I was letting myself sleep in and catch up on lost sleep.But then I still moved slowly. This week it's going to be back to setting a timer.  I also am going to experiment with having a super light breakfast and then a workout smoothie right after.

• Like 2

in my humble view you are doing well! :) maybe you are not a morning person? I need 2 hours to get myself sorted in the morning before I can schedule in work appointments. I function much better in the afternoon. If you get your bible reading in thats great and maybe give yourself a bit more time to ease into the day. ( hope this doesnt sound know it all like)

yay for having a night out! I wish I could go somewhere to have a coffee... everything still closed here.

have a relaxed evening! ❤️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

in my humble view you are doing well! :) maybe you are not a morning person? I need 2 hours to get myself sorted in the morning before I can schedule in work appointments. I function much better in the afternoon. If you get your bible reading in thats great and maybe give yourself a bit more time to ease into the day. ( hope this doesnt sound know it all like)

yay for having a night out! I wish I could go somewhere to have a coffee... everything still closed here.

have a relaxed evening! ❤️

Thanks. I always appreciate input. Yeah, I am not a morning person. I  am trying to find the balance betwen giving myself sometime, and not being lazy and wasting the day. It is getting easier now that the days are longer. Really hard when it gets dark by 4. In summer, I do much better with the longer days.

• Like 1

This morning went better. I didn't start at my goal time, but only about 10 minutes after.

I got my new yarn to start my new weaving project! I'm super excited. Everything I've done before has been just mainly practice. This  one is from online plans. You learn new methods (styles?) of weaving. I will probably such, but it will be fun.

Did my workout. Then had some time so I did GMB Vitamin. Later In the day I realized the reason I had time was that I forgot to work on my pistol squats. I did a few grease the groove style.

Today is the day I start my deficit again. I woke up all pumped and ready to go. By about half way through the day I was hungry, and ate more than my budgeted amount. Which made me feel like it was a lost cause. Deep breath.  I remember my super power is my values-self control and joy .I tend to think of joy as actually enjoying my eating, which is true. But it can also be the goal of reaching my goals. I went through my records on MFP. I was feeling as if I had been at a deficit and still hadn't lost weight. Looking over my records, the big thing I notice was I didn't track my date night meal. And there were lots of other times of not tracking. So, for the next two weeks I am going to track meals .I am also going to try and plan out my meals and track them before I eat. Even if I go over, I still need to track. Things that will bring me joy about reaching my goal:

Just sticking with the plan and not quitting, Knowing I did the hard work

Fitting in my clothes better

It's better on my blood pressure

• Like 1