Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II

On 3/16/2021 at 11:38 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Welcome back out of quarantine. :) 

Yay, thanks!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

The last two days have been gorgeous sunny. And with daylight savings time, it's lighter in the evenings. So, I have been doing two walks. One in the afternoon, and one before dinner with Mr. Incredible.

Not doing that great on hitting my goal for MFP. I've been going about 100 over. Aiming for 1,400 calories, and hitting 1,500. I have been good at tracking. I'm going to try and be super good at tracking. Then if I lose weight, I know that what I'm doing is good enough, If I don't then I know I need to lower the calories Before, I didn't always track when I went over. 

So my super power values  to help with my weight loss are joy and self control. I'm thinking I'm also adding in tenacity. I am really good at that with workouts. I  now have the habit that if I start a program , I work on it until it is complete. I enjoy that feeling of saying I finished the program. I need to apply that tenacity to my weight loss. My goal is to waist measurement of 29" ( measured around belly) bonus for 28" Not sure exactly what the weight will be. Before, that was 120 pounds. I think I have put on some muscle though, so that number may be higher. I also want to look good in t-shirts and shorts.

Did my workout today. So, todays workout included pistols. My plan earlier had been to do L-sit practice on this day. But I totally forgot this. My skill work has been slacking these last two weeks

Edit: I did not go over my calorie today. I was a bit discouraged and wondered why  I was so hungry. Looked back at my MFP, and one of my entries for meat had double posted. So I still have calories, and now I'm going to have a snack

• Like 3

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

11 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Tenacity is a very good super power to have, especially for weight management things. :)

Yes. It's much harder for me than working out

Slept in a bit, and had a slow start to the day. Sleeping in was a wise choice, daylight savings time is  a hard adjustment for me. Did GMB, which was crow work.I love working on the crow since I can actually do it.Then did the rower. I tried to do it at a lighter intensity, as my calf muscle is sore.Might have been wiser to skip it, but I won't have time on Saturday, and I wanted to get two rowing workouts in. One of those things were it feels a bit tender, and you wonder whether to go ahead, or skip it. I opted for going ahead, but not pushing myself. Also tried to focus more on using my hamstrings and glutes, and less from the calves and ankles Went on a shorter walk, as it was raining. 

I started my new weaving project! The first thing is making fringe, so that's pretty easy. 

Tracked with MFP.Made my goal. Weighed myself this morning. It's slowly tracking down

• Like 2

Crow! Oh I miss doing that. I had that as a goal in a challenge a few years ago and managed it reasonably well but I'm pretty sure if I tried it now I'd fall flat on my face. 

Good work. I'm impressed with how well you're adjusting your plans to take account of your physical state to keep yourself moving without ivertacibg yourself. Very sensible.

What's the weaving project? 

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

On 3/19/2021 at 1:09 AM, 18ck said:

Crow! Oh I miss doing that. I had that as a goal in a challenge a few years ago and managed it reasonably well but I'm pretty sure if I tried it now I'd fall flat on my face. 

Good work. I'm impressed with how well you're adjusting your plans to take account of your physical state to keep yourself moving without ivertacibg yourself. Very sensible.

What's the weaving project? 

The fun thing with crow for me, is now I've done it enough that even when I don't do it for awhile, I can pick it up fairly quickly.Which is nice since I don't have many of those things.

https://aprettyfix.com/diy-weaving-techniques-5-simple-ways-add-texture/

• Like 1

Had a fabulous , but tiring weekend. Went whale watching  on a boat with my sis and her kids on Saturday. We saw a gorgeous gray whale. And we got to sit and watch the whale feed for a long time. Then went back to her house and played games. It's been way too long since I hung out with them, and it was wonderful. Then we went back to our house and had my brother in law and friend over for more games. We are doing Pandemic Legacy. I was so tired, and a bit motion sick. You know where you're sitting still but the world is moving a bit. We lost the game, but decided to call it a practice, because it's been three weeks since we played. Then Sunday was church, and a nice relaxing day at home.

On Friday's date night we went to Panerra. I decided before hand what I was buying and entered it into MFP, so that was a big win. Then Saturday I entered breakfast, and brought a sandwich on the boat and entered that in MFP. Ate some soup at my sisters house, but kept the chip eating to just a couple .Then my brother in law brought dinner, so didn't enter that, just portion sized it. Then had dark chocolate, more than I probably should have to keep in my calorie budget. I tracked on Sunday. Decided to just hit maintenance. It's super hard to be in a deficit unless I walk. It was rainy and cold, and I didn't want to walk, and my Sunday rule is that only have to walk if I want to. Edit to add-I went back and guestimated my day on MFP.I went over budget, but not as much as I thought.

Challenge wrap up

Weird challenge. Made a challenge, we were undecided about vacation, then decided to go, then cancelled when hubby got Covid. The whole challenge felt wobbly. I did lose weight, so that's good. The funny thing is I lost it when hubby was sick. I am a stress eater. I didn't track when he was sick, and I feel like I ate more. After the first couple of days, I tried for balanced meals (meat, veggie, carb) but didn't track.

The Morning Way:

Follow my morning routine; Read Bible, eat breakfast, kitchen dishes away

Set the timer so I have enough time to relax, but that I get going on my day;if I do this Monday through Thursday, then Friday is free

reward.5 wisdom each week completed

Let's see: I did good the first weeks, then lost it. I  forgot to track each week, so I have no idea how I did. I'm going to give myself 1 wisdom point. 

Mindful Eating Way

Practice my eating skills

Keep my super power values in mind-Joy and Self Control

Do MFP 5 days a week

Alternate: I'm going on vacation this challenge. I will mainly just focus on my superpowers and eating slow during that time

I did practice my eating skills .MFP Week 1;3 days, week 2 3 days, week 3 ; 2 days, none week 4 and week 5 all 5 days. I did work on joy and self control.Also realized there was joy in working toward my goal.

Possible 2 points strength
Reward 1 point strength

Next challenge: 6 days a week tracking. I'm going to track even if I don't knw the calories, a guestimate gets me part way there and also just helps with accountability and consistenvy

Shiny Way:

I'm practicing the Pistol squat, also doing the L-sit practice 1 time a week to maintain

2 times a week pistol squat, 1 times a week L-sit:

Grease the Groove: use my ottoman to practice the pistol when I walk by it: Each day a do it at least 10 times I get a sticker, 

I took a video of my pistol squat now, and I will take one at the end of the month to see how I improved. 

I also have a goal to feel more balanced and controlled in the movement.

Worked on the pistol squat, did the L-sit a couple of time. The video showed that I was able to go down a few inches more and I did feel more controlled.

Reward;

1 strength for completing the workouts

1 strength for improvement

I'm giving myself full credit for these.  2 strength

Undecided what skill I will work on next challenge. Maybe  my staff work, and then just do maintenance on L-sit and pistol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Keladris said:

Well done for seeing it through, definitely a wobbly time. I am still envious of your pistol squats... Will have to figure out how to get those one day!

Thanks.Not sure if my pistol squats are anything to be envious of. I can only go down about halfway, and my progress is agonizingly slow