I’ll be working on my desk - it’s in dire need of help. xD It’s cluttered, and the decor is prolific and haphazard, which makes my brain feel similarly, and it’s affecting my ability to focus on work. I would like the space to instead feel calm, grounded, and intentional. 

• Like 4

Hmm--we've just moved into our new house (last week) so the entire place is awash in clutter and boxes and bins without homes. This weekend, I think we'll attempt to tackle one of the spare bedrooms, which will eventually be a hobby/crafting space for hubs to set up his 3D printer, airbrush stuff, and a place for me to stick my yarn that is not my closet. It's currently stacked to my waist (at least) with boxes over a good portion of the floor, most of which we don't have storage for. It'll be quite the project.

• Like 4

I'm gonna do my office. It is pretty bad with papers that need to be shredded and general clutter on the desk

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to tackle this week's minichallenge (and compared to the other things I have going on, it's not a priority) but if I would have, it would have been the upstairs corner where my paper archive resides. I started sorting and organising all sorts of info I either don't have digitally, or find too important not to have in paper too, but then left it. Binders open, bags of binders and papers spread over that part of the attic floor. It has been like that for months, ready for me to resume where I had left it off. But it's in the attic. It does not bother me too much :D  How to get to it...

• Like 3

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

Today is Ash Wednesday in the Christian tradition, a day of dedication. It marks the first day of the Season if Lent, 40 days spent focused on purification if ourselves for the blessings that will come (at Easter). More than mere mourning or deprivation, this is season is for putting aside the ways of the world, seeing where convenience or worldliness might have creeped in to distract or separate us from the path we want to walk.

Happy Ash Wednesday!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

12 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Well, this week I’m already finishing up all my packing to be ready for moving on Monday/Tuesday. Which does involve sorting though everything as I’m packing so we don’t bring things we don’t need with us.

When in doubt, throw it out (or recycle, donate, or sell as appropriate). As we're unpacking, we're finding SO MUCH stuff that's like "Why did we pack this and move it (twice in the last year)?" So many things that are useless or just 'not right' for the new space that we have to get rid of now. It's ridiculous :)

• Like 4
On 2/16/2021 at 6:44 PM, pureleeawesome said:

I'm going to start on my study/craft desk this week but as KonMari is already a part of my challenge I'll have to do it between that :)

JUMPS TO FIND YOUR THREAD. Yasssssss KonMariiiiiiiiii 

Image result for does it spark joy gif

• Like 3

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Hi everyone, I would love to play along ^_^; I am a bit late but glad to be here. 

Before the pandemic I was really focusing on decluttering my life as part of my challenge and I made some great success I think. BUT its not 100% there. Heck I don't think its even 50% there. Either way I really started to shift my mindset where I address things that bother me. For instance, if I feel exhaustive emotions doing something (like getting a tupperware... fitting 1 more thing into that paper drawer... doing laundry because the space just sucks) I now address it and ask myself why does it give me negative feelings and is there anything I can do to fix it or make it more enjoyable. I tackled my tupperware drawer last year and I got rid of containers I didn't like or were broken. I then organized so every bottom and lid had its own area and place. It was pretty maintainable OR SO I THOUGHT.. dundundunnnnnnn. My roomy did not maintain it because bending down is hard I guess! So I need a better system, like little bins they can slide out so they can see everything without bending down for too long. 

ANYWAYS so this challenge excites me and I would love to really get back into the spirit of declutter. Especially with spring around the corner. 

I have 3 pain points. The corner counter + cupboard, the paper drawer and the laundry room. I am thinking I will focus on the paper drawer for this challenge.

The Paper Drawer

A collection of old menus, appliance manuals and house related documents. Oh and home of the scissors.

I actually don't know what I would like to use the drawer for aside from the home of the scissors but I know I don't want it to be what it is.

It would be nice to open the drawer and not have to put my hand on the top to push it down so I can close it. I literally only ever open it nowadays to grab the scissors.

I guess the only impediment would be how can I organize my house documents better. I have a house binder that I meant to use for house things but never quite got there. So I guess house documents I would like hole punched and put into the house binder with some semblance of order. Maybe different sections for Property Tax, Bank Statements, old insurance statement things. Old menus can be recycled because I tend to look them up on my phone anyways. Scissors can remain there. Old manuals can either go in the house binder in a pouch if I feel they are important or to be recycled. Old check books can go in the shred/burn pile. I guess this turns this into a hybrid challenge of The Paper Drawer / The House Binder

• Like 2

Hi, @Rookie! Welcome!

I like to use clear envelopes (like these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HDSLS7P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share) for manuals and guides that rarely get used and folders (like these) for loose papers that are occasionally helpful (like recipes, often referenced cooking guides, etc.).

I like your paper drawer challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing what you put in with the scissors once there's space. I have a drawer for frequently used tools, including scissors, my favorite screwdriver, a tape measure, and a nail file. (It doesn't have to make sense beyond something I reach for at least once a week.) I also keep a flashlight there because I know I could find it in the dark.

• Like 4

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

3 minutes ago, Heidi said:

Hi, @Rookie! Welcome!

I like to use clear envelopes (like these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HDSLS7P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share) for manuals and guides that rarely get used and folders (like these) for loose papers that are occasionally helpful (like recipes, often referenced cooking guides, etc.).

Oh those would be perfect. I am going to check my office supplies first to see if we have any. Which reminds me I need to order some ikea kallax cube boxes so I can fill them with my office supplies in the office! 

3 minutes ago, Heidi said:

I like your paper drawer challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing what you put in with the scissors once there's space. I have a drawer for frequently used tools, including scissors, my favorite screwdriver, a tape measure, and a nail file. (It doesn't have to make sense beyond something I reach for at least once a week.) I also keep a flashlight there because I know I could find it in the dark.

Thank you! :) Those are some good ideas. I tend to lose my measuring tape and favourite screw driver. It would be nice for them to have a designated spot for common tools and my favourite sharpie that I use to write the quantity/type of meat on my ziplock bags before putting them in the freezer....

I might also line the bottom of the drawer if I put tools in it because some of rust on them ^_^; 

Okay I am very excited for this! 

• Like 3

On 2/17/2021 at 8:48 AM, sylph said:

When in doubt, throw it out (or recycle, donate, or sell as appropriate). As we're unpacking, we're finding SO MUCH stuff that's like "Why did we pack this and move it (twice in the last year)?" So many things that are useless or just 'not right' for the new space that we have to get rid of now. It's ridiculous :)

Oh definitely! A lot of the stuff I’m finding is just we brought over from our last move. 😣

Decluttering is something I’ve known how to do well for a long time now. I just never actually did it! It’s a lot, it gets overwhelming, there’s depression, etc, etc, etc.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

On 2/16/2021 at 1:56 PM, Athena said:

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to tackle this week's minichallenge (and compared to the other things I have going on, it's not a priority) but if I would have, it would have been the upstairs corner where my paper archive resides. I started sorting and organising all sorts of info I either don't have digitally, or find too important not to have in paper too, but then left it. Binders open, bags of binders and papers spread over that part of the attic floor. It has been like that for months, ready for me to resume where I had left it off. But it's in the attic. It does not bother me too much :D  How to get to it...

How's your Saturday? I will if you will.

• That's Metal 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

21 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

How's your Saturday? I will if you will.

Ohhh thank you for offering. I will take you up on that offer asap. Just not this week. 

I don't know what I thought to accomplish by writing out something I would not do here. I secretly hoped it would get magically done on its own, maybe. 🦄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

Okay I tackled that paper drawer

Spoiler

sketch-1613699323696.jpg.c2a69e826409e1b8e2e441989665fc40.jpg

My strategy was...

- empty the whole drawer out on the floor

- give drawer a good little wipe down

- sorted pile into recycle, shred, garbage and home binder

Once done sorting I cut that black mat thing to size and put my scissors and a few things I wanted to keep in there. Then I put each pile into its respective place. 👌 I need to find my screwdriver and wrench 🤣 they will be going in the handy drawer

(Accidentally posted before I finished my post lol woops)

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2

Mini challenge update 

Cleaned off my computer desktop. It was really bad. A year of working from home with a slow connection to the server meant a lot of stuff went there instead of the proper folder. Task is done! Now just need to clean up my actual desk. 

• Like 6

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

I cleaned the back corner of my house, which sounds like a weird space but I spend most of my day in this corner of my house - a high table is my "desk", my children use the kitchen table for school work, and several bookshelves and desks hold our school and work supplies. The whole space is only about 10' by 10' so if we are not vigilant it gets a bit wild. 

I know it probably doesn't look that different to anyone else, but the space feels way better. I reorganized the book shelves and cleared off my work table/desk. Also got some boxes off of the floor and into a place where we won't trip over them.

Thanks for the nudge to make this a priority!

• Like 5

Best-weeding-tool.jpg

Nurturing healthy body habits is like helping a tree grow: removing the weeds at the base and providing some support until they are strong and established. Traditions to cleanse and reinvigorate your body go hand in hand with those to clean your physical spaces.  From removing distractions to spiritual focus for Lent to spending a day cooking with friends and family to reconnect for Nowruz or Cimburijada to picnicking and enjoying the new growth and flowers during Hanami or the Cherry Blossom Festival.  If you have any New Year's resolutions that aren't working as well as you'd hope, now is a good time to revisit and reimagine them.

Now that we've decluttered a bit of *physical* space, let's apply that same process to our bodies. What can you sweep out of your diet or daily routine that trips you up or slows you down? Maybe setting a "bedtime routine" for your phone to keep you from doom-scrolling? Or deciding not to buy any junk food for a bit?

Then look at the little things that make a big difference in being supportive: maybe having clean gear (sweatshirt or walking shoes or yoga mat visible and ready to go) help encourage you to meet your activity goals. This year has been so difficult with gyms closing and social distancing canceling classes. Have you lost a keystone? While nothing can replace it exactly, is there something that can help bridge the gap? Or perhaps with food there is a health goal you'd like to hit or get closer to. Consider ways to have the target foods on hand and easier to get to than non-target foods.

Your challenge this week:

-Choose one impediment to move out of the way and one supportive structure to make more central.

-Write about why you chose each thing and how you hope it will be nurturing for your body.

-Strategize, and ask for suggestions if you want!

-At the end of the week, write about how it worked -- or didn't!

-If you're comfortable, post your thoughts here, or in your challenge thread.

• Like 5

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:34 AM, sylph said:

Hmm--we've just moved into our new house (last week) so the entire place is awash in clutter and boxes and bins without homes. This weekend, I think we'll attempt to tackle one of the spare bedrooms, which will eventually be a hobby/crafting space for hubs to set up his 3D printer, airbrush stuff, and a place for me to stick my yarn that is not my closet. It's currently stacked to my waist (at least) with boxes over a good portion of the floor, most of which we don't have storage for. It'll be quite the project.

We didn't get 100% completion on this, but made great strides.  We emptied the temporary shelves and found homes for 95% of the things that were lingering there. We sorted through 6 boxes of old books, putting some on the shelf to keep and marking the rest for disposal (seriously, no one wants a mechanical engineering book from the 90s...why did we move this?) A few other things found permanent homes, some were shifted to the room that will eventually become the gym and some were tossed out. Still work to do, but now there's knee-high boxes rather than waist-high, and there's more floor space to be seen.

As part of this, we organized and planned out the tiny linen closet in the second bathroom so that things have places to go, small things are stacked into bins and baskets, and we're utilizing the space in a reasonable way.

The house still needs lots of unpacking and organizing, but we are getting there, to be sure.

• Like 5

My biggest impediment is freezing up and being uncertain of what to do, in the face of knowing i do need to do things. Loose schedules have worked in the past- i've found that if i structure my morning for some tasks and my afternoon for others, but do leave some gaps in the day, that tends  to work for me. I've not had a routine in some time, though, so for the mini i should work on putting some structure back in place :3

• Like 4

Matthew 25:34-40

On 2/22/2021 at 8:54 PM, Anim07734 said:

Choose one impediment to move out of the way and one supportive structure to make more central.

I've still got a pile of items to repair/file/take action on that I would like to get rid of. An obstacle to doing that for me has been that some items need planning ahead (ex. if I need to phone another time zone), but I have been grabbing things just whenever, so those tricky items get shoved back in the pile and linger. So my impediment has been picking an item the day before and then committing to getting that item done before taking another item. So far so good, though I have procrastinated on my current item for a few days now.

A supportive structure to make more central has got to be my weekly schedule. I started altering it when we got back to work last summer, but there were so many changes after that that it no longer bears any relationship to reality. I've been meaning to fix it for ages, so perhaps I'll do it today. :)

• Like 3

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

On 2/22/2021 at 8:54 PM, Anim07734 said:

Your challenge this week:

-Choose one impediment to move out of the way and one supportive structure to make more central.

Sleep is my achilles heel right now, so this week I set the bedtime function on my phone to start 1 hour earlier to nudge me to switch from digital comics to reading on my Kindle or a physical book.

I have inconsistently done a body scan meditation and/or a "brain dump" journal as part of my bedtime routine and will make a concious effort to do one or both each night moving forward.

Hope you are all clearing out the obstacles and making room for what's needed!

• Like 3
Spoiler

I know exactly what would be my one supportive structure. It would be a few casual sports bras so that I have enough to wear during the week. I have been trying to be more active in the morning before work and one of the biggest obstacles is this sports bra thing. Because its only a 10-20 min workout so I don't want to have to put on my super duper high impact one I use for riding especially since I can't wear it during the day BUT I also need one because it hurts to do any jumping around without one. I would love some sports bras that are comfy but not too restricting.. Ones I can just throw on and wear during the day. I saw walmart had some plus sized one so I might get one to try out and if I like it I can buy a few others. 

I would say snacking is my greatest obstacle to reaching my goals. I am still struggling with the way I snack. I am the type of person where if I know there are snacks in the house then I would like to eat them. I just have a lot of trouble with telling myself no once I have thought up something that might be tasty to eat. I spoil myself. I am not really sure how to approach this one lol I would say 90% of the time I am really good at not bringing snacks into the house. I guess I will make it my intention to not buy any more snacks for awhile and allow myself 1 snack per day that is not a fruit or vegetable. Practicing a bit of that self control. Advice is always welcome :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rookie said:

I know exactly what would be my one supportive structure. It would be a few casual sports bras so that I have enough to wear during the week. I have been trying to be more active in the morning before work and one of the biggest obstacles is this sports bra thing. Because its only a 10-20 min workout so I don't want to have to put on my super duper high impact one I use for riding especially since I can't wear it during the day BUT I also need one because it hurts to do any jumping around without one. I would love some sports bras that are comfy but not too restricting.. Ones I can just throw on and wear during the day. I saw walmart had some plus sized one so I might get one to try out and if I like it I can buy a few others. 

100% approve of this! 

I personally was shocked on making sure I had certain underwear fitting me right, helped bring up my activity... 

I give you a lot of luck with your journey! I personally have some issues being 50I  *face palm*  (just throwing that out there incase someone knows a place...)

---

Jumping in mid-challenge, fits perfectly with my life right now. 

For the first week: 

Also doing Konmari to declutter with the goal everything I have left, I'm willing to travel with or pack away to wait my next long term home.

For this challenge it will be me finishing my paper organization. That has now come from many bins full to what will be a few folders in my desk. 

Second week challenge: 

I bought a salad spinner after a couple years wanting one, but never thought I had a "continous diet" to use it all the time. However, now I'm seeing how having greens just part of 1 meal a day to be filler. While buying "already washed" tends to be already going bad (bad greens are eww). 

Found one at Walmart, trying it out today by going through a bag of spinach that sadly was already going bad. 

Here's to my green exploration in the near future!

fitness bunny GIF

• Like 2

Personfied/Comissioned Druid Avatar by EzratheButt