Emerald Eagles (re)lays the Foundations

Hi Friends! Back again with another challenge attempt. I am notoriously (at least to myself) bad at FINISHING challenges, so by hell or high water I will finish this challenge. My life is in a bit of transition, I only have 12 weeks left of maternity leave before I'm due back at work (eep!) and I really need to use that time to get my house in order (figuratively and literally) so that I can juggle working, parenting, being a wife, maintaining some semblance of social connections, and not falling into a face full of chocolate. 

So, healthy habits it is! I know it is slightly counter intuitive but for me it all starts with movement. If I workout or at least move in some meaningful way, then all the other healthy habits (eating, sleeping, stretching etc) just happen so much easier. My brain thinks "you worked out today, so you should fuel yourself with healthy things and get to bed on time" (why it doesn't think you fuelled yourself with healthy things so now you should go and work out" I don't know! Psychology, you are not my forte).

GOALS -

1. MOVE - 6 days a week, do some intentional movement. Ideally at least 4 of these are Crossfit workouts but for now not specifically tracking that.

2. WATER - breastfeeding Mummas need to drink all the water! Min 2L per day. 

3. MEAT and VEGGIES - every meal needs to include this, it's not that hard! 

4. LIFE - random list of life things I need to achieve, this goal will I've adapted each week depending on the focus of the week. Examples include applying for child care places for Bub, meeting with my employer as part of get back to work planning, (re) setup the home office that was packed down to create the nursery etc.

Let's do this!

itAatu.gif

• Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Here to cheer you on!!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

16 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Here to cheer you on!!

Welcome! 

Week 1 - Wednesday

Today was taken up with an huge burst of motivation to get my life in order and that started with the house. I think my 8 month old Bub thought I'd gone mad with the vacuuming, mopping, dishes, 3 loads of washing and piles of filing. It felt really good to have a semi-clean and organised space (in our tiny house bursting at the seams with stuff there is only so much organisation it can handle). After Bub was in bed I tried to tackle my life admin online and felt like I hit roadblocks at every turn. I'm now waiting for a copy of some government documents (damn name changes!) before I can progress much else. 

Water was on point, food was fine, no workout as I focused on life things - will definitely get one in tomorrow! All in all a pretty good day.

• Like 2

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

On 2/17/2021 at 5:45 AM, Emerald Eagle said:

Week 1 - Wednesday

Today was taken up with an huge burst of motivation to get my life in order and that started with the house. I think my 8 month old Bub thought I'd gone mad with the vacuuming, mopping, dishes, 3 loads of washing and piles of filing. It felt really good to have a semi-clean and organised space (in our tiny house bursting at the seams with stuff there is only so much organisation it can handle). After Bub was in bed I tried to tackle my life admin online and felt like I hit roadblocks at every turn. I'm now waiting for a copy of some government documents (damn name changes!) before I can progress much else. 

Water was on point, food was fine, no workout as I focused on life things - will definitely get one in tomorrow! All in all a pretty good day.

Gotta love those random motivated days. How'd the weekend go for you? Name changes are a PAIN to deal with - can't imagine doing so during a pandemic. 

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current