It's all future KB Girl's problem

Bit late with this challenge because I don't want to challenge. This afternoon while I was taking a break and reading some challenge threads, my 4 year old decided clothes were over rated and she'd much rather strip and then pretend to body paint herself with water.. and I just... shrugged and figured it was a problem for future me to clean up all the water and get her back into clothes etc. And that, my friends, is exactly how I feel about my goals and dreams and ambitions; something for future me to deal with. 

It's not that I'll do nothing- moods and energy are actually a bit better and I've been doing more things- I just really want to completely go with the flow. On bad days I'll stick to my appointments and keep the kids alive and on good days... Maybe I'll do some (deep) cleaning or my taxes or eat some extra veggies or paint a wall or go for a 2 hour hike. Who knows? :)

I'll probably update dear diary style. Maybe throw in a list of positives? maybe I'll just write stories about my kids. It's all up in the air! Nobody knows what tomorrow brings and I will just go with the flow. For now. 

Things I will be doing; 

- strength training and kettlebell sport

- going outside as much as I can manage

- keeping up with my bujo

Things I'll hopefully do; 

- our taxes

- some work stuff I've been neglecting

- improving/decluttering living spaces

- sorting photos

- get started on improving cardio

- celebrate my birthday

• Like 13

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Monday all the snow started to melt and it was very slippery outside. So instead of going for a walk with Emma we spend an hour and a half simply reading curled up together on the couch. We finished our book (a letter for the king), which was bitter sweet. Second really big book we've read and now she gets to read it with Jaap and I'm going to make a reading list for us... I've got some books in mind, but suggestions are always welcome :) This book was 9+ reading material (oops?) but it went just fine. After kid bed time Jaap and I finished Emma's new space wall in her room, it turned out quite well I think. 

Spoiler

C3D3FC24-2AE0-46AE-B4A8-37DCE1E7AF21.thumb.jpeg.1246d0fc5ea617b3601b965e13a52aec.jpeg

C0132C55-2721-43C6-99DB-B8C5F8B49890.thumb.jpeg.741f2a3ca16e34a9aac180a14c28fad7.jpeg

Tuesday I had classes in the morning and finished up with my own training; two 2:45 jerk sets with 2x12kg at 12rpm with 1:00 break in between followed by 5x5 squats with 40kg. Made pancakes for lunch. When the baby woke up we visited my brothers girlfriend (it's her birthday) and we played chess. I just finished getting the girls in bed and now I think I'll have some hot chocolate with marshmallows, read a bunch more threads, maybe start a puzzle and go to bed early. 

• Like 9

I like the idea of your go with the flow challenge - sometimes that's just what you need. I am also deeply envious of Emma's space wall - I want one!

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

my 4 year old decided clothes were over rated and she'd much rather strip and then pretend to body paint herself with water... 

The fact that it's considered "weird" when adults do this, is one of the great injustices in this world.

3 hours ago, deftona said:

That space wall is incredible. I'm wondering if it's a weird thing for a 36 and 40 year old couple to have on their wall too... 🤔

Absolutely not. 

And I had forgotten that we both have our birthdays during the February challenge! That makes it all the more important to do whatever unchallenge challenge we want to do, and make this challenge a pleasant experience. :) 

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

That wall is beautiful :).

As for reading suggestions: Matilda is of course a classic, and the rest of Roald Dahl is also good. I also used to enjoy "juffrouw rommelkont", which is basically a teacher inducing anarchy in the classroom, it was very funny. Do you guys have a library close by? You can still order in books at the moment, so there's no problem with just getting random stuff from the A- and B-category. I've read so many pulp when I was young, but that's still okay since it taught me compassion and social skills. (I'm sure there are still series around comparable to "the babysitters club"... At some point it doesn't matter what you read, as long as you practice your reading (meters maken)).

• Like 1

No idea if they hold up or are now super-offensive or whatever, but when I was a kid I really enjoyed stories centering on animals (makes my chosen profession make so much sense..) and two 'series' of books that I liked were Bunnicula (a 'vampire' rabbit that drains vegetables of their juices) and Hank the Cowdog ("Head of Ranch Security" solves mysteries/has adventures with some sassy sidekicks)

On 2/16/2021 at 8:46 PM, Harriet said:

Oh, that space painting is lovely. I hope the flow takes you somewhere good.

Thank you! So nice of you to think I could paint something like that ;) they're stickers. 

On 2/16/2021 at 8:48 PM, Jarric said:

I like the idea of your go with the flow challenge - sometimes that's just what you need. I am also deeply envious of Emma's space wall - I want one!

Go get one! it was only 35 dollars or so :P 

On 2/16/2021 at 9:08 PM, deftona said:

That space wall is incredible. I'm wondering if it's a weird thing for a 36 and 40 year old couple to have on their wall too... 🤔

Absolutely not! Being an older adult means you can do whatever you feel like and not worry what everyone else thinks. 

On 2/16/2021 at 9:37 PM, Elastigirl said:

Sometimes unchallenges are the best. I love Emma's space wall!

Thank you :) yea I think it's what I need right now. 

On 2/16/2021 at 10:00 PM, Scaly Freak said:

The fact that it's considered "weird" when adults do this, is one of the great injustices in this world.

Absolutely not. 

And I had forgotten that we both have our birthdays during the February challenge! That makes it all the more important to do whatever unchallenge challenge we want to do, and make this challenge a pleasant experience. :) 

Yes! That would be a good thing. We're even in the same week aren't we? And you're 10 years ahead of me :) I have a kettlebell lady (my current training partner) who is also 10 years older than me and I find that endlessly inspiring to think I might be as awesome as her in 10 years and as wise as you. 

On 2/17/2021 at 12:27 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I love the space room!

Future you can deal with things present you can't. 

Hopefully :) Thank you!

On 2/17/2021 at 3:35 AM, Xena said:

I love the space wall too! ...but I was distracted: In the top picture, at first I thought the shiny greenish thing on the right was someone's leg/foot (I assumed yours) wearing some kind of fantastical sparkly long boot. I was wondering where I could get boots like that.

(the dinosaur is cool too)

Haha! Yes the only pair of boots I own are snow boots so mhm no tips from me. I can tell you loads of things about dinosaurs though ;)

On 2/17/2021 at 7:49 AM, Ann of Owlshire said:

Love the wall ^_^ Yes, I know that feeling of “it’s okay future me will deal with it.” And I love your non-challenge ^_^

And I'm actually okay with it most days too! 

On 2/17/2021 at 10:01 AM, Waanie said:

That wall is beautiful :).

As for reading suggestions: Matilda is of course a classic, and the rest of Roald Dahl is also good. I also used to enjoy "juffrouw rommelkont", which is basically a teacher inducing anarchy in the classroom, it was very funny. Do you guys have a library close by? You can still order in books at the moment, so there's no problem with just getting random stuff from the A- and B-category. I've read so many pulp when I was young, but that's still okay since it taught me compassion and social skills. (I'm sure there are still series around comparable to "the babysitters club"... At some point it doesn't matter what you read, as long as you practice your reading (meters maken)).

Ohhh Matilda! :) thanks!

We've been reading lots of short stories or story collections and that's been nice, but I've really enjoyed reading these full books. Both because of the nostalgia and also because it brings up so many interesting topics for us to explore. 

On 2/17/2021 at 3:00 PM, sylph said:

No idea if they hold up or are now super-offensive or whatever, but when I was a kid I really enjoyed stories centering on animals (makes my chosen profession make so much sense..) and two 'series' of books that I liked were Bunnicula (a 'vampire' rabbit that drains vegetables of their juices) and Hank the Cowdog ("Head of Ranch Security" solves mysteries/has adventures with some sassy sidekicks)

Haha yea I was a bit shocked at how many of my fond memories are really.. well..... sexist, racist, etc x) 

No idea if those books have been translated, but it might be cool to read something in English anyway :)

19 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Here for you!!

Yay we can be covid survivors together ;)

18 hours ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Beautiful wall. Both my kids would love something like that... but not if I painted it.

That tomorrow me is gonna have their hands full. But I would like to have a talk with Yesterday me. 

Haha yea I definitely can't paint something like that either. These are wall stickers! :) cheap too. 

I'm not mad at yesterday me. She had quite a few things going on.. 

15 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

Lovely space wall! My son has a loose space theme in his room too. Paper stars, baby yoda and stitch pictures. 

I'm glad you are going with the flow. It's important to be kind to yourself!☺️ 

It is, we're learning :) would be nice to get some things done again eventually though. 

Emma did ask for aliens, maybe I should watch that movie with stitch with her.

• Like 2

I applaud your approach to this challenge! And enjoy whatever updates you throw our way. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

32 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Yes! That would be a good thing. We're even in the same week aren't we? And you're 10 years ahead of me

I think we are... I'm in the last week of February. :)  

The old "joke" that women age like fine wine is absolutely true. The older we get, the better and more awesome we become.

• That's Metal 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

29 minutes ago, raptron said:

I applaud your approach to this challenge! And enjoy whatever updates you throw our way. :)

:) 

22 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

I think we are... I'm in the last week of February. :)  

The old "joke" that women age like fine wine is absolutely true. The older we get, the better and more awesome we become.

Yes, me too! And indeed, very true :)

• Like 1

Wednesday

Didn't get a lot of sleep- Emma had a nosebleed that required a change of sheets in the middle of the night and then Sophie was ready for the day at 6:15 and whoa I know some people regularly get up at that time but I'm more of an 8:00 or later girl myself. After everyone was dressed and showered we took the kids to my mom and Jaap and I went to work. My first phone call was a good one, a lady I'd been helping lose some weight so she would qualify for IVF treatment and she had hit the required weight and has been put on the wait list :) My second appointment cancelled so I had a nap. 

Picked up the baby at noon, put her down for a nap and then I was a bit lost because I had energy and wanted to do something useful but I didn't know what.. so I did some admin work, which seemed like a waste of that energy, too bad. When the baby woke up we spend some time sorting through her clothes (up another size). Made shepherds pie for dinner and then went back to work for three evening classes. During my 20 minute break I did one set of everything (pull-ups, pushups, lunges, step ups, goblet squats, TPH, deadhangs, single leg deadlift). Tired when I got home so had a cup of tea and went to bed. 

I've been trying to get the baby on video with all her cuteness and so far I've got about a hundred that just don't do her justice... but this is the best one from today I send to her grandparents, figured maybe some of you could use some cute. And if you don't think its cute either don't say anything or just lie :P

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I've been trying to get the baby on video with all her cuteness and so far I've got about a hundred that just don't do her justice... but this is the best one from today I send to her grandparents, figured maybe some of you could use some cute. And if you don't think its cute either don't say anything or just lie :P

Oh, she is incredibly cute, but that's not what matters here ;)

She is curious and determined, and she radiates confidence. That is much more important, and something I hope she never grows out of. 🤘🏻

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Hey, I just watched this (started it today after lecture instead of my assignment):

https://www.kijk.nl/programmas/paradijskleier-lenette-van-dongen/3NQfhjZFkm2/seizoen/182122536009/afleveringen/video/empty_episode-paradijskleier-lenette-van-dongen-s1-e1-2021-01-30/KuIQlIAIdY6

And at first I just enjoyed listening to a new and interesting sounding cabaretier who made fun of productivity and feel good gurus but then it got REAAAAL and I laughed and cried and absolutely loved the poem at the end. And wanted to share.

Ehm, maybe too late but EDIT spoiler if you want to watch it yourself;

Spoiler

❤️ "mijn hart past om je heen" what a beautiful line: "whatever is going on inside you, my heart fits around you", referring to all the suffering one can feel during depression et cetera.

So Idk if you know her or like the humor but still. Just in case. I shared :)

And also addressing the weird socially unacceptable things people do to cope with life, laughing much too hard, discussing the "same old" topics over and over again etc. It is awkward and can be annoying but she still understands. I wish I could translate it for people who have a similar sense of humor in English for the funny bits. I was pleasantly surprised.

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log