Refrigerator purge! Honestly, not too bad because we've been a ton better about purchasing what we will eat before it goes off. Just some sad looking fruits/veggie scraps for the compost and leftover pasta sauce that I meant to put in the freezer but never quite got around to... Also shredded a few papers that were hanging on the fridge for a few years, which we definitely no longer need.

• Like 6

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

Cleared a bunch of brush outside and cut down a BIG tree. My neighbor had it cut down a couple years back when the tree service people were doing work in our complex. Rather than remove it, they just let it fall back into the woods. That would have been sort of ok, but it basically fell on top of two holly trees and got stuck. It was ugly to look at and definitely wasn't good for the holly trees. I thought that if I cut some chunks from the base, I might be able to get it out of the holly tree. It took a lot of sawing and a couple attempts, but I eventually was able to work the trees apart and get the dead one to fall on the ground.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 4/2/2021 at 4:24 AM, Waanie said:

I've finally accepted that I'm never going to need old computer parts for my current computer, so my old computers are now at the recycling place. Also got rid of my small chemical waste, such as a few years worth of batteries and printer ink cartridges.

OMG this is so my problem too :)

I've slipped off, but going to jump back in tomorrow. I have plenty to get rid of haha

• Like 3

Didn't get as much done as hoped. But...

The teenager and I decluttered the kitchen table. 

I tossed some old mail off the end table by "my couch".

Not challenge related, but I took care of some church business type stuff I'd been putting off for a bit too. 

• Like 5
On 4/3/2021 at 8:48 AM, Xena said:

(I believe Marie Kondo disapproves of having a junk drawer...ok it's officially the "checkbook, stamps, spare keys and matches drawer)

What does she recommend doing with those things? Okay, my stamps and checkbook are filed, but misc is my hardest category of stuff.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

What does she recommend doing with those things? Okay, my stamps and checkbook are filed, but misc is my hardest category of stuff.

I don't quite remember, but basically everything should have a place I think.

grouching about Marie...under spoilers b/c I'm not sure I'm 100% accurate about the specific details, and I get it that her methods work for some people.

Spoiler

Some of the ideas in her book are crazy (IMHO) ...e.g., you are supposed to put your dishrack outside on the porch or something, and you are supposed to empty your purse every night so it can breathe.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Didn't get much done this past week. Really don't think I did anything, but I was also barely home, so maybe this week will be better.

• Like 2

Lover of all things Dragons and stuff

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: The Silmarillion (52%)

2021 Books completed: Into the GauntletTying the KnotThe Rising: Antichrist is Born, The Glass castleThe Regime: Evil AdvancesThe Rapture: In the Twinkling of an EyeLeft Behind +9

Previous Challenges:  5,4,3,2,1

Starting to play some catch up! 

5 books chosen to donate to the local library's Friends of the Library book sale:

20210405_131723.thumb.jpg.782aba29c17bfb1842fd7316c1a34348.jpg

...and no picture of it but I also cleaned out the basement half-bath and threw away at least 6 pieces of random trash that had accumulated in the drawers because we rarely use that bathroom.

Will catch up on piles #7 and 8 later!

• Like 4

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece Gears Up for 2022

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

A bittersweet moment just happened. I maintained the streak over the weekend, Monday, and today.  The last items on the homeschool shelf have been put in the donation box or in the trash. Hooray for an open shelf. Tears (joy and sadness) for a big part of my life coming to an end. :) 

Now my next step for the homeschool donation box is to contact the local homeschool group to make a homeschool parent really happy with free curriculum and some poor homeschool student sad because the tortures of learning math, history, grammar, spelling, writing, and biology have come to their house free of charge. Haha.

C2A97226-442D-4843-8BD3-DCDF6B9B550C.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

Got rid of about 50 receipts that were stuffed in my wallet. Organized the fridge at work (for about the 100th time 😂)

• Like 3

Lover of all things Dragons and stuff

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: The Silmarillion (52%)

2021 Books completed: Into the GauntletTying the KnotThe Rising: Antichrist is Born, The Glass castleThe Regime: Evil AdvancesThe Rapture: In the Twinkling of an EyeLeft Behind +9

Previous Challenges:  5,4,3,2,1

You're just going to have to trust me that I put 7 more clothing items in this box for the second hand shop (6 items of little kid clothing my son has outgrown and I don't want to hang onto any more plus 1 cover-up thing for breastfeeding that I bought and then hated using):

20210406_165833.thumb.jpg.250cbe701530a46186229bf5ee29d928.jpg

Getting closer to caught up! 8 item picture to come later today (I hope).

• Like 5

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece Gears Up for 2022

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

Ended up taking a few days off, because life, but yesterday I took 3 boxes of stuff to the storage unit.  I'm certain there were enough items in there to get me caught up to wherever we are. :)  And, even though they weren't thrown out or donated, I'm still counting them, because they are out of my house and getting everything we don't need "now" packed and staged is part of my getting ready to move decluttering process.  And my (probably going to fail) attempt at not doing everything last minute.

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Has taken awhile for my brain to get ready for my large amount of decluttering to get ready to move. 

2021 I'm officially changing to be a bit more nomadic, and officially storing things at my parents. So less stuff is better, but keeping everything I love. 

Been stuck in the Marie Kondo step of paper for a couple months.  So this challenge will happily clear everything I cluttered in the past month on top and getting back to the steps. 

Planning to grind the days and maybe get ahead since I'm starting a new job in the last week:

Day 1: Went looking for items in my bathroom closet (mainly hair things  I don't use or will need to buy to fit my current hair) and old papers I ripped out of an old journal. Still have barely finished the closet. 

Spoiler

20210403_162508.thumb.jpg.8bf1a19c7142a19bf5924ac4f77605a6.jpg

Day 2: I ended up clearing out underneath our kitchen sink. That had somethings growing mold for too long. No drips just high humidity under there. Everything was thrown and I wiped the area down. 

Day 3: Finally recycling over a week's worth of papers and some containers. The usual clutter I tend to forget about 8 items. 

Spoiler

20210407_093459.thumb.jpg.38bc69681822502a66f6669705b3629d.jpg

• Like 2

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

On 3/30/2021 at 10:00 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

For Wednesday, throw out or set aside to donate THREE items.

On Wednesday the 30th of March I cleaned out my Jeep, an overdue event that yielded many many items in the trash. I stowed the traveling items (spare fluids, etc) in a milk crate and the spare gym items in a small canvas bag, then threaded a bungee around everything to keep it secure in the cargo area.

• Like 3

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | Year 9: 70 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

On 4/6/2021 at 1:20 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

For those keeping track of items per day today's day 8. However, that's just a guide. Do what works for you.

Cleaned out old stuff from the fridge. I didn't count, but it *felt* like more than a half dozen and less than a dozen. It's nowhere near done.

• Like 3

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | Year 9: 70 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent