I thought I'd made an account here a few years ago but the password reset didn't generate anything so here I am. 

So who am I?

- a wife

- mom to a teenager

- full time customer service representative, thankfully working from home now

- a crazy cat lady who is currently cat-less. Our current critter companions are two cockatoos, a baby musk turtle, some amano shrimp, some nerite snails, and bladder snails as turtle snacks

What are my goals?

- build strength and endurance

- get rid of the belly flab

- make my heart happier, even though I'm not quite sure what that means for me currently

I've been using fitness trackers since 2017 (casually, lol) and currently have a Fitbit Charge 4.  Their free features have been nice over the years and I'm trying to  level things up a bit. I'm hoping this a community more on the same brain wave as me. Seeing so many people at the Fitbit Communities who get so many more steps than I do drives me a little nuts and I feel like generally most of they people on there are much more gung-ho than I am about fitness. I just don't have enough time in my day to get in 15,000 or higher steps (especially with a desk job!), or bike ride for 90 minutes. 

I was in a bit of a slump for a couple months but am getting back in the swing of things again. I do mainly body weight workouts  but also have some equipment: a mini trampoline, exercise ball, small stool for stair work, and a yoga set (mat, blocks, strap). Looking to incorporate my gear more into workouts for better results. Currently am working on a Mon- Tues- Thurs- Sat plan. Loving the Low Impact HIIT workouts and sneaked in a stress relieving/ recovery yoga session on Fri too this week!

Trying to figure out if I want to do any supplemental journaling besides what Fitbit does for me. I'm not trying to lose weight or bulk up, but am thinking that taking tape measurements of the belly would be a great thing to start recording. Does anyone have tips, suggestions, or insights for that topic?

Looking forward to getting to know this community!

• Like 2

Welcome! Your goals sound good and it seems like you're set up to get some quality fitnessing done. Good luck with your challenges!

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

12 hours ago, cloudykitty said:

Hi Harriet,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm diggin' your avatar. It's a Corvid, right? A magpie? :)

I need to figure out how I'm going to put together my questing journal for accountability. At least remembering to record the workouts is getting a little easier to remember. Yay for Google Docs!

Thank you! It's one of my scribbles. It's an Australian magpie, which despite its resemblance to crows is not of the family corvidae but rather artamidae (that surprised me, too).

Oh yeah, spreadsheets and tables are motivating 😀 So are the five week challenges, of course. Quick hint--I noticed your reply because I was looking, but if you want to be sure someone will be notified of your reply to them, you can either quote them using the quote button, or tag them by typing their name after the "@" symbol and choosing from the list. Like this @cloudykitty 😊

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

@Harriet thanks for the reminder to tag with the @, i just forgot to do it! :) 

I hadn't realized magpies aren't Corvids, thanks for the education!

I like the idea of doing a Challenge sometime. Currently, sticking to the challenge of maintaining the consistent working out and remembering to track them and my water intakes is as much of a challenge I can handle for now! 🤣

• Like 2
2 hours ago, cloudykitty said:

I like the idea of doing a Challenge sometime. Currently, sticking to the challenge of maintaining the consistent working out and remembering to track them and my water intakes is as much of a challenge I can handle for now! 🤣

I jumped in with a challenge with basically those goals, and it's helping a lot.

Welcome.  Measuring is a good way to see where you are and make goals. I recommend you get  a body measuring tape. It is made so that it is easy to do it on yourself , and they are cheap Amazon.com : waist measuring tape weight loss. I have a Fitbit too, and love it. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27