Spezzy Closes a Chapter and Readies for Battle

Spezzy Closes a Chapter and Readies for Battle

image.png

BACKGROUND / WHAT'S GOING ON

This has been a crazy year for me so far, and it doesn't look like it's getting any less crazy :) 

A few weeks ago, I headed back to Michigan where I will be for the next 6 weeks. I'm working on taking care of a ton of stuff, including packing up my stuff from my apartment and putting it in storage, handing in my keys, and everything else I need to do in the states for a while so I can head back up to Canada and actually start the next chapter of my life. 

The last few weeks have been a bit stressful, but a huge weight was lifted late last week when I was able to get my first COVID vaccine - because that means I now have a date for a second vaccine, and have timelines for getting back to Canada :)

Sticking with the same theme as last time - looking at this as being in a village doing a bunch of side quests, but keeping it as simple and easy as possible because the majority of my energy needs to go into work and getting everything that needs to be done, done :) 

image.png

CHALLENGE

For the last few weeks, Spezzy has been staying in a village south of the wall, where she is stuck for the next 6 weeks or so. 

In order to get what she needs to continue her journey, Spezzy must do a bunch of side quests in a remote village. Once she acquires everything she needs, she can continue on her quest.

Spezzy will also be focusing on practicing her fighting skills and working on getting her body into tip top shape so she'll be ready for battle once she leaves the village and starts the long journey back. 

image.png

CHALLENGE GOALS:

[GARDEN UPKEEP]  These are the things I must do every day to keep up with my basic health and mental health. Most of these are goals that I've mostly solidified into habits that I know are important to my daily life, but I need to check in with them to make sure I'm staying on top of it than make them full out goals. 

Check in on my garden each night, and set up a GROTESQUE GOAL for the next few days if any of my garden goals need extra help on any of them :) 

[Spellstrike] (STR): Whenever she casts a spell, she can deliver the spell through the weapon she is wielding as a part of a melee attack.

To master this, Spezzy must go to the gym 4x per week.

[Augment Physical Prowess] (CON): Spezzy can expend a point from her arcane pool to draw upon her magical abilities to strengthen her limbs, sharpen her reflexes, or enhance her toughness. In order to master this, Spezzy must log all of her food and stick with her nutritional guidelines (which are outlined as a part of her garden, anyway)

In addition, Spezzy must eat at least 500g of veggies per day. 

[Spellbooks] (WIS/INT): Any magi must study their spellbook each day to prepare her spells. Spezzy must spend at least 10 minutes at the end of each day planning her next day.  An additional 10 minutes will happen on Sundays to loosely plan the week. 

[Side Quests] (mindless xp grinding) I have over 150 tasks related to side quests that must be completed before I leave (these could be anything from a phone call to going to pick something up to actual moving day). For this goal, I've broken them down into what week they need to be completed, so each week as a part of weekly spellbooks I'll plan them out and complete them. And then I have to actually do them. Yes. 

image.png

tl;dr

giphy.gif

1. Tend to my garden (keep up with my daily habits and non-negotiables)

2. Go to the gym 4x per week

3. Log my food

4. Plan my days/weeks

5. Kick the to do list's butt

• Like 12
Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
TRACKER:
⚔️ = done
☠️ = still needs to be done

[Garden]: ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️
[Spellstrike] (STR): ☠️☠️☠️☠️
[Augment Physical Prowess]:
[Log Food]  ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️
[500g Veggies]: ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️
[Spellbooks]: ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️
[Side Quests]: ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️
  • Like 2
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Following along as always :) 

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I love a continuation of a good challenge :) 

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

3 hours ago, spezzy said:

In order to get what she needs to continue her journey, Spezzy must do a bunch of side quests in a remote village. Once she acquires everything she needs, she can continue on her quest.

To be fair, your 'remote village' is much less remote than North of the Wall 🤣

But it's time to advance the main Story Quest already!  Kick that side quest's ass.

Spezzy will also be focusing on practicing her fighting skills and working on getting her body into tip top shape so she'll be ready for battle once she leaves the village and starts the long journey back. 

Good, get those fighting skills leveled up; I need my accountibiliwifey ready for action.  Teamwork makes the dream work.!

Genji Overwatch GIF - Genji Overwatch Tracer GIFs

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

5 hours ago, spezzy said:

5. Kick the to do list's butt

HELLLLL YES!!

So hype for you and all your plans!!! GO SPEZZY GO!!!

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Here are 5 jars each with 600g of mostly veg in it to help with my 500g of veg a day goal. I just eat one of these each day and I'm good!

064315FD-D97C-4C18-BBC0-46B4B04C1CB1.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 4
4 hours ago, spezzy said:

Here are 5 jars each with 600g of mostly veg in it to help with my 500g of veg a day goal. I just eat one of these each day and I'm good!

Yeah, so... I need to do something like this too.  😆  Maybe when I clear out my crockpot bowl.

• Haha 1

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Starting weight: 163.3

Starting Photos:
startingphoto.jpegside1.jpegback1.jpeg

I decided to also take part in the 10/12lb in 10/12weeks PVP challenge. I'd like to reach 15% bodyfat this year - I was close last year but shifted away from the fat loss for a while, and I've gained a bit of fat back. 

I know that last year, when I was getting really lean, I was hanging out just under 150lb. I hung out there for a while, and then with travel and everything going on I decided to stop focusing on fat loss and let my body normalize a bit before pushing the fat loss a bit more. It normalized around 155 - and then I've gained some fat due to stress eating and life. I've started taking creatine again also so I'm not surprised I'm now in the 160's from the water weight increase.

But I'm ready to push the weight back down again :) 

So I'm not sure how much I actually have to lose, but especially with living alone for the next challenge, I think having the extra accountability will be good! This doesn't change any of my goals, btw - method is the same!

• Like 6

We've been matched up for a Crucible PvP over at my challenge!  My goals vs your goals this week only! 

Whoever comes out on top takes all the bragging rights ;) 

Pubg Kill Count - Game and Movie

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Harriet said:

Those jars of veg look very useful. Do they keep well or go a bit soggy by the end of the week?

These keep really well - I find that the jars, if you use their original lids (not plastic replacement ones), keep things generally longer than regular tupperware, though. 

One thing I do is that I do use cauliflower rice, riced broccoli, and regular rice. I find that the addition of "real" rice to the mixture adds a little bit of substance to it - and that it feels less soggy in the first place. 

21 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Have been jealous by your jar game, and need to find my own version of this.

Following along your challenge!

3 hours ago, doctorake said:

Following, love the jars!

On 3/22/2021 at 10:12 AM, Klutch said:

That jar hack is genius. 

Thanks everyone :)  These kinds of jars are my all time favorite way to do food prep :D So easy!

On 3/22/2021 at 12:57 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Yeah, so... I need to do something like this too.  😆  Maybe when I clear out my crockpot bowl.

It really does make it so much easier. There's no weighing and measuring, just doing!

• Like 5
On 3/21/2021 at 12:58 PM, RES said:

I love a continuation of a good challenge :) 

Sometimes 5 weeks just isn't long enough :) 

On 3/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

To be fair, your 'remote village' is much less remote than North of the Wall 🤣

On 3/21/2021 at 5:02 PM, shaar said:

HELLLLL YES!!

So hype for you and all your plans!!! GO SPEZZY GO!!!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUSHAAAAAR 

giphy.gif

On 3/21/2021 at 6:21 PM, Big_Show said:

Kick it hard my friend, kick it hard

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47g3rr0w1wyccr495qsi

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

We've been matched up for a Crucible PvP over at my challenge!  My goals vs your goals this week only! 

Whoever comes out on top takes all the bragging rights ;) 

Pubg Kill Count - Game and Movie

giphy.gif

• Like 2

giphy.gif

Weigh In Ufc 205 GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Okay, update time!

⚔️ = done
☠️ = still needs to be done (this week)

[Garden] ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

This is going well - water is being drunk, sleep is being had, I'm working from my desk and getting in my daily walks. 

One thing I like about the garden vs having it as a goal is when I want to stay up past my bedtime, for example, I can just be like "NOPE, we don't do that anymore, if we do that Moon Rabbit will be upset." and it serves as a great reminder more than anything that this is important. 

[Spellstrike] ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️

Got to the gym Monday morning and did bench press and Tuesday and did squats. Still keeping workouts to 3-4 exercises, which feels like the right amount right now as I'm quite sore after still. 

Monday:

Bench Press 140 5x5

DB Bench 3x10

DB Flye 3x10

Tuesday:

Back Squat 145 5x5 

Walking Lunge 5x20

GHD Situp 3x16

Good Morning 3x10

And yes, I'm aware that my bench and squat are almost equal right now. Working on that 😂 

[Augment Physical Prowess]

[Log Food]  ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️
[500g Veggies]: ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

As a side goal here, I'm not going to the grocery store until at least Thursday night, because I have enough food and I need to use the food I have here creatively. If I do end up going Thursday, I also want it to be for essentials to get me through the weekend (I'm still not a fan of shopping when places are busy) and will be things like meat and veg.

Monday:
Apple
BP Protein Coffee
Jar of 600g veg 
Flank Steak
2 Chicken Sausage
GF Choc Muffin, Greek yogurt, Mixed Berries

Tuesday:
Apple
BP Protein Coffee
Jar of 600g veg 
3 Chicken Sausage
GF Choc Muffin, Greek yogurt, Mixed Berries

[Spellbooks]: ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

This has been good! Having some time constraints and goals has really helped with things like getting up in the morning, because if I know I want to be at work by 11:30 (I live Eastern time but because of time zones I'm often doing calls at 9-10pm so I work a late schedule) - I have to get up and be at the gym by X time, etc - so having a bit of rigidity has helped a lot, even if they are parameters I made myself. 

[Side Quests]: ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

So far this week I have (this is more for me than anything :) )
*Done a deep clean of the kitchen, figured out what in that room is going into storage, what I'm bringing, and what I'm getting rid of. 
*Signed up for a virtual mailbox so I can get mail while i'm out of the country without bugging any friends to do it for me
*Took care of some car insurance stuff
*Did an initial sort of my clothes / closet
*Took down some shelves
*Matched my socks (THIS WAS A HUGE TASK OKAY) and threw away ones that are not repairable

Next up: Clearing out the storage unit! Wheeeee
  • Like 8
2 hours ago, spezzy said:

*Matched my socks (THIS WAS A HUGE TASK OKAY) and threw away ones that are not repairable

Can't imagine why you'd ever have socks which aren't repairable..........................

Barkbox: Rest in pieces... | Milled

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here for the lifting and the big move prep!

5 hours ago, spezzy said:

*Signed up for a virtual mailbox so I can get mail while i'm out of the country without bugging any friends to do it for me

As a US expat who is bugging my friends for help with my (thankfully not very much) US mail, what mail service did you find?

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3

Supple Lioness Mobility

On 3/24/2021 at 1:33 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Can't imagine why you'd ever have socks which aren't repairable..........................

he has no idea what you are talking about 

felix.jpeg

On 3/24/2021 at 4:43 PM, Alanna said:

Here for the lifting and the big move prep!

As a US expat who is bugging my friends for help with my (thankfully not very much) US mail, what mail service did you find?

I'm trying Anytime Mailbox - not sure how it is so far but the process has at least been easy! I had to get some docs notarized for it, but that was the biggest pain.

From what I could figure out, these companies who do virtual mailboxes "rent" mailboxes from the actual location. So say there's a UPS store that you can get a mailbox at, the virtual mailbox will rent that mailbox from UPS for you to use it, and then they must have something worked out with each individual location to add the virtual part onto it. 

Because all of the companies had the same addresses available in every city, and when I googled the addresses, that's what they actually were hah.

There were two groups of addresses - 

*Ones who use Package Sending Businesses with mailboxes like UPS / Fed Ex for their addresses
*Ones who use Virtual offices / coworking spaces / etc for their addresses

The first group being significantly less expensive than the latter - but it looked like the latter's services and packages catered more towards small businesses than anything. 

Since I just need something for a few months, I just chose the cheapest option :) But all of that to be said - I'm guessing the actual handling of the mail is the same, regardless of what service you pick, because the locations are the same, so I picked the one I liked the plans and interface of the website the best (since that's what will be different between them)

• Like 3

Friday Update!

⚔️ = done
☠️ = still needs to be done (this week)

[Garden] ⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️☠️

All good here!

[Spellstrike] ⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️

No gym Wed or Thur but made it back this morning!

Overhead Press

5x5 - 85,85,85,85,95

3x10 - the bar

dumbbell feet up bench - 3x10

[Augment Physical Prowess]

[Log Food]  ⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️☠️
[500g Veggies]: ⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️☠️

As a side goal here, I'm not going to the grocery store until at least Thursday night, because I have enough food and I need to use the food I have here creatively. If I do end up going Thursday, I also want it to be for essentials to get me through the weekend (I'm still not a fan of shopping when places are busy) and will be things like meat and veg.

Wednesday:
Coffee
Jar of Veggies
8oz ground turkey
chocolate / yogurt / frozen mixed berries dessert thing

Thursday:
Coffee
Jar of Veggies
8oz ground turkey
chocolate / yogurt / frozen mixed berries dessert thing, 2x the choc from yesterday

[Spellbooks]: ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Still good here!

[Side Quests]: ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Been kicking these's butts:
*Did my current year taxes
*Completed paperwork I need for an issue with previous year's taxes and got it ready for printing and mailing
*Got paperwork notarized for my mailbox
*Got my phone situation sorted out (this is a much bigger task than it sounds)
*Cleared out my storage unit, cancelled payments
*Reached out and talked to someone about some certs I'm looking at
  • Like 6