Weight Loss PVP: 10/12 lbs in 10/12 Weeks! [Mar 22 - June 7]

Welcome to the tried and true 10lbs/10 weeks weight loss Player-versus-Player challenge!

In discussion during the last PVP, I came to the conclusion that folks should have the guilt-free option of taking it easy during Week Zeros to refeed, rest and recharge if they so wish, hence the 12/10lbs in 12/10 weeks in the title.  I want folks to set goals that they think is realistic (that could even be 6lbs/12weeks or whatever works for you) and stick around for the accountability and camaraderie rather than opting out, beating themselves up, or quitting partway through!

So now's the time to sign-up for a Player-versus-Player accountability challenge sure to motivate you to tackle those weight loss goals!  Of course we only advocate losing healthy weight and using healthy methods to get there, this playful side quest is less about beating your peers to the finish line than it is about challenging yourself, making some new accountibilibuddies, and having a place to share your battle plan or struggles along the way.

lose weight gifs Page 5 | WiffleGif

The Rules

1. Sign-up using the SPREADSHEET.  Add your name & starting weight, waist measurements optional.  10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 weeks (roughly 1lb or 0.5kg per week)  is the goal but feel free to increase or decrease the difficulty as you see fit.  Whatever your goals are, you are most welcome to participate (even if you'd like to join in late)!
  2. Introduce yourself to your fellow competitors!  Feel free to mention your goals, any battle plans for getting there, and what your primary motivation or inspirations are.  Feel free to mention your Challenge goals or Battle Log too!  This is an excellent place to get to know others from the forums.
  3. Update the SPREADSHEET with your weekly weigh-ins.  We're using Monday as the 'official' day, but if Sunday, Tuesday, or any other day work better, go nuts!  Just keep it at roughly a week for tracking purposes.  This challenge is aligned with the current and next 5 Week Challenges, with optional weeks off for Zero Week at the start and in between.  You're also welcome to hop in at any time!
  4. Have fun, encourage everyone, and keep each other accountable!

The Armchair Squid: Healthy, Happy Squid: Losing Weight

Did I mention the SPREADSHEET?

Tips for Success!

1. Make with the exercise (maybe the cardio zoomies, maybe the heavy uppy-downies)
  2. Do the (calorie) deficit. 
  3. Gobble up the veggies.
  4. Gulp down the waters.
  5. Visit and update us (and the SPREADSHEET) regularly for MAXIMUM HYPE!! B) 
  • Like 8
  • That's Metal 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I'm IN! Just have to deal with the tape measure 😞 

• Like 5

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Alright! I'm in! I think I can  manage ten pounds. I'm happy to join at the start of one of these and witness everyone's glorious victory. I also downloaded happy scale which I have seen recommended, after the fickle bathroom scales enraged me this morning.

I want to have less weight to carry around so I'm less tired. I want to feel more like myself. And I would like to find out what's underneath this fluff--muscle or delusion. I think it's muscle. I hope it's muscle. Uppy Downies Forever!!!

Hungry Iskra Lawrence GIF by iskra

• Like 7

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

OK OK OK, I'm in!

I'll aim for the 12 in 12, since I gots more than that to lose anyway.  :D

My "official" day will probably be Wednesdays, since I've already been doing an InBody scan each Wednesday morning for the last few weeks anyway, but I'll throw in a start weight tomorrow.  And I'll likely add in the waist measurements too.

Looking forward to this!

• Like 6

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

And I would like to find out what's underneath this fluff--muscle or delusion. I think it's muscle. I hope it's muscle. 

Basically my overarching motivation too.  I mean I feel some pretty sick abs down there when I flex, but... sure would like to see 'em.

2 hours ago, Knightwatch said:

OK OK OK, I'm in!

I'll aim for the 12 in 12, since I gots more than that to lose anyway.  :D

My "official" day will probably be Wednesdays, since I've already been doing an InBody scan each Wednesday morning for the last few weeks anyway, but I'll throw in a start weight tomorrow.  And I'll likely add in the waist measurements too.

Looking forward to this!

A WILD KNIGHTWATCH APPEARS

Pokeball GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

2 hours ago, spezzy said:

No more pensive.  Full go PVP.

• Like 5

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

MAXIMUM HYPE! 

I'm going for 10lbs but will take 12 if it comes. Also will be weighing in kilos, it just makes more sense to my braaainnn.

Wow, if I'm successful, I'll be at my target weight (74kg/163lbs) and healthy BMI - exciting! I'd also like to see what is under the fluff and hopefully there'll be muscle... I'm also wanting to lose weight so that I can do ballet and bodyweight training more effectively. I want to be able to fit into 'medium' clothes and prove to myself I don't have to be 'large' my whole life.

WHEN I hit my goal (positive attitude ftw) I'm going to buy myself a fancy new leotard for dancing.

Will weigh in tomorrow before I've eaten anything!

• Like 7

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

I'm in. I want to measure 29" around my waist at the belly. I think that is about 8 pounds, more or less depending on muscle. I'll weigh  and measure tomorrow.

• Like 6

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

giphy.gif

I'm going 12 for 12 here. Same basic approach as last time: intermittent fasting, running, strength training. But I'm also going to cut booze this time around. I haven't been drinking much lately (once or twice a week), but when I do it's always after my IF window closes, and I always feel like garbage the next morning, even after 1-2 drinks. (Getting old sucks I guess???)

I'm also not going to log calories this time unless things stall/regress. It'll be my break-glass-in-case-of-emergency tool. I've logged long enough that I have a fairly decent sense of what and how much I can eat and still be good. If I start logging, I tend to fall into an all or nothing mindset. ("Forgot to log breakfast? F*ck it, I'll eat a whole pizza for lunch.")

Alright, let's do this!

• Like 6

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

I'm in again! This time with a better plan and expecting a better result.

A Goal: 10 lbs

B Goal:  4 lbs

C Goal: any weight loss that is trending downwards over the last 5 weeks (last time I lost some in the first half then regained it all in the second).

My allies will be a weekly meal planner and daily dedicated meal prep time, and that should take care of unbalanced meals.  The remaining opponent is boredom snacking.  Does anyone have a plan that helped them?

• Like 9

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

So...I am not trying to lose lbs, but I am trying to lose some inches. Does that count? I would love to join in for the accountability and fun.

• Like 6

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

1 hour ago, Aquarii said:

So...I am not trying to lose lbs, but I am trying to lose some inches. Does that count? I would love to join in for the accountability and fun.

It counts! Some of us just have more fat to lose than can be reasonably countered with muscle gain, or the scale weight wouldn't matter at all. :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Joining again for accountability! Though I've gotten a lot less at hyping because of spoons and things. My reasons are similar to Harriet's:

15 hours ago, Harriet said:

I want to have less weight to carry around so I'm less tired. I want to feel more like myself. And I would like to find out what's underneath this fluff--muscle or delusion. I think it's muscle. I hope it's muscle. Uppy Downies Forever!!!

What's happy scale? I need to check.

I plan to forgo my "no scales in 2021" NY resolution to do an weigh-in-every-day-for-x-amount-of-days experiment. Not sure when I'll begin. Probably after my shark week!

• Like 5

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

I am in for round 2!  I'm aiming for 10 pounds.  I'm coasting through this zero week but also not really wanting to easy up on my healthy choices and go backwards.   My strategies are the same.  I have a subscription to Noom so I log my food there and focus on keeping a deficit and improving food quality, including lots of freggies.   This challenge I'm focusing on getting some walking done as I haven't been very active on the fitness front.  

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

11 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

My allies will be a weekly meal planner and daily dedicated meal prep time, and that should take care of unbalanced meals.  The remaining opponent is boredom snacking.  Does anyone have a plan that helped them?

Sometimes it's hard to beat the boredom snacking.  I keep a virtual 'snack box' logged each day with whatever calories are available.  It's a mixture of sweets, healthy snacks, and freggies.  If I want to snack, those are my choices and when I run out I can't snack anymore, at least not without making a conscious decision to go over my calorie target.  

2 hours ago, Athena said:

What's happy scale? I need to check.

It's an app to log your daily weight and it uses its own logarithm to smooth out the daily ups and downs.  I started using Happy Scale last PVP.  I really like it, particularly when the scale isn't cooperating.  I like the trend data it provides too.  

• Like 6

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

5 hours ago, An-ya said:

Oh I was wondering... can I write in european system? Kg and Centimeters? It would be difficult for me to convert in feet etc... 

Yes! It's your spreadsheet.

Joining again for accountability! Though I've gotten a lot less at hyping because of spoons and things. My reasons are similar to Harriet's:

Yeah!

What's happy scale?

Exactly what shello said. I downloaded it after a week of plateauing to ease my scale rage. It hints that I shall lose weight again soon, and the visualisation is soothing.

• Like 4

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Okay! Day one. 

Spreadsheet updated. Just sticking with weight and not doing measurements. 

Starting Weight: 163.3

Background:  Want to get to around 15% bodyfat - got pretty close last year after losing around 25lb, but decided to stop focusing on fat loss for a while and let my body normalize. I normalized around 155 all winter, and since I got back to Michigan I've gained a bit more fat but also likely some water weight from starting creatine. 

My weight fluctuates a LOT, so I don't see this being a linear PVP - but I'd like to be close to 150 by the end of this. 

This week I'm going to be focusing on:

• logging my food (not my calories, but just my food)
  • Eating at least 500g of veggies/day
  • Only eating if it's a part of a meal or a planned snack (so no eating from the cupboards, while cooking, in the car, etc)

Starting Photos:

Are in this post:

Dwight Lets Do This GIF by The Office

• Like 7
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Ok so my goal has been thrown off a bit since this morning I weighed in at 77kg! I have spent the last few weeks fluctuating between 78 and 79, and thought I'd hit a plateau and then woosh...

So, losing 10lbs would get me down to 72kg. I have no idea if I want to go that low, I have never been that weight as an adult. But I'm also well up for losing fat and getting as health/slim as I can, partly out of curiosity.... 

I think I'm going to put 10lbs/5kg as my goal, but I might decide halfway through that I just want to maintain, depending on how I'm feeling about my new body ;)

Waist is currently 29inches and hips are 41inches (still so happy about the loss after the last 10 week PVP) . I'd like my waist below 28 and ideally hips below 39 since that would put me into 'medium' clothes sizes (size 12 uk/size 10 US). Maybe the last half of the PVP will focus on body composition more than weightloss per se, we'll see!

• Like 8

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

7 minutes ago, Keladris said:

Ok so my goal has been thrown off a bit since this morning I weighed in at 77kg! I have spent the last few weeks fluctuating between 78 and 79, and thought I'd hit a plateau and then woosh...

Awesome!  Plateaus suck but this little gift on the other side is sweet indeed.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

It counts! Some of us just have more fat to lose than can be reasonably countered with muscle gain, or the scale weight wouldn't matter at all. :)

Well in that case, count me in! 

I will go ahead and track my weight as well, but it will likely not change or maybe even go up. 

I guess I need to set a goal now. Hmm, I am going to go with 5 inches overall (not in one place). Taking measurements from chest, natural waist (smallest part of waist), widest part of waist (hips and  love handles), large part of biceps, and largest part of thighs. I will update with my starting measurements when I get a chance to take them. 

My strategy is to continue with my reverse diet and recomp, which I am partway through right now. This includes tracking my macros each day and sticking to my weekly fitness goals. I am currently at an average of 1900 cals a day, approximately 110g of protein. I try and bump cals up 50-100 every 2-ish weeks (until I hit a point where I start gaining, trying to locate my new maintenance). My goal for this is to mostly focus on muscle building for the first 12-2/3 of this challenge, then  as summer gets closer, start zeroing in more on leaning out. Because vanity, lol.

• Like 5

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Hello again everyone!  Glad to see so many familiar faces (and a few new ones too)!

I'm weighing in at 209.6lbs today, so a little higher than I expected but that at least means I have a bit of a weight-loss "cushion" to help me this PVP 🤣 but I'm going for 12lbs/12weeks and tackling this PVP successfully would have me under 200lbs which is super exciting!

My battle plan is 6/18ish Intermittent Fasting, mostly Paleo whole foods with some oats/chocolate for my protein cookies, 500g veggies per day, tracked on MFP and I might take a look at a scale app like everyone's been talking about even though I have a pretty good idea that I'm gradually trending down even though I fluctuate weight quite a bit.  I could be 209 this morning and 207 before dinner, who knows!

Progress pics are here:

15 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

The remaining opponent is boredom snacking.  Does anyone have a plan that helped them?

Mostly I don't keep my trigger snacks in the house, and try to always have pre-cut veggies in the fridge ready for snacking.  Usually carrots, peppers, celery, etc!  My other key is making sure I have a later dinner (8pm-ish) and then my bedtime snack shortly after (9pm-ish) so I'm pretty full by bedtime.  As long as I don't stay up too late... 😬

14 hours ago, Aquarii said:

That absolutely counts!  Glad to have you around :D 

9 hours ago, An-ya said:

Oh I was wondering... can I write in european system? Kg and Centimeters? It would be difficult for me to convert in feet etc... 

Absolutely!  There's always been a handful of people using metric instead of imperial.  Do what works for you!

• Like 5