Weight Loss PVP: 10/12 lbs in 10/12 Weeks! [Mar 22 - June 7]

22 hours ago, Keladris said:

I've also taken some measurements and compared them with the beginning of the last 10 week challenge. It's quite a difference!

Beginning:

Waist 32.5"

Hips 42"

Upper arm" 13.5

Thigh 28"

Now:

Waist 28.8"

Hips 39"

Upper arm 11.2"

Thigh 26.5"

Great progress!  

5 hours ago, Skywalker said:

I've finally broken through the 70kg barrier (69.5).  I can't remember when I was 60 anything.  My weight is very stable so hopefully I'll keep this sub 70 weight for the next few weeks to build some momentum.

Congrats!  

4 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

It’s been super stressful at work, plus provincial lockdown has put the kibosh on my go-to never-fail daily walking commute. I know perfectly well that I could just walk the same distance, or bike, run, etc, but somehow working movement in intentionally is a lot harder than when it just used to be an ambient part of the day. 

I get you!  It's a lot more difficult to make that decision to go out and do something rather than just how you incorporate it into something you are already doing. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Week 0: 255.5

Week 1: 257.2

Week 2: 256.4 (down 0.8)

Week 3: 252.6 (down 3.8)

Week 4: 253.6 (up 1.0)

Week 5: 254.4 (up 0.8)

OK, up again.  I'm disappointed but also not.  I didn't start until week 2 so I'm still down a total of 4.6 pounds in 4 weeks.  It just all happened about 2 weeks ago and I can't seem to get back there.  But life keeps getting in the way of meal planning.  I certainly could make better decisions in those moments but I don't want to feel restricted or bound to the weight loss goals without balancing it with life.  Sometimes life just requires a little more time and space.  It'll veer back.  I'm going to focus on planning to stay on track when I can and just let life happen.  

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

4 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

BIG NEWS here (not scale related) is that I got my first shot yesterday!!! And booked in for shot 2 middle of August. Getting that done somehow makes me *feel* way lighter mentally even if not manifested physically yet. That good momentum carried me through my first strength workout in weeks (bodyweight 4A, woo),  met my step goal for first time in a while, and felt too euphoric to snack after dinner. Thus the tiny little down tick at the end of the weight graph!

Nice! Hopefully more strength workouts are in your near future. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

2 minutes ago, Shello said:

I'm still down a total of 4.6 pounds in 4 weeks.

Perfect

2 minutes ago, Shello said:

It just all happened about 2 weeks ago and I can't seem to get back there.  But life keeps getting in the way of meal planning.  I certainly could make better decisions in those moments but I don't want to feel restricted or bound to the weight loss goals without balancing it with life.  Sometimes life just requires a little more time and space.  It'll veer back.  I'm going to focus on planning to stay on track when I can and just let life happen.  

Flexible is good. Flexible is long term.

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

My Monday weigh-ins for the past 6 weeks:

146.8, 146.6, 146.8, 146.6, 146.2, 146.4

I kid you not...0.6 lb variation over the entire period (counting only Mondays). Guess my body is loving this set point 🙂

I should be able to get back to regular levels of cardio soon, and I think that might help.

• Like 4

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

@Skywalkercongrats! Must be a great feeling! 

@TiogaGirlI'm looking forward to the needle-in-the-arm day myself. Interesting reflection on the impact of the last year on weight. I'm fully aware that the only reason I've been able to be so consistent and motivated since Jan has been because I have nowhere else to be and nothing else to look forward to other than fitness goals!

@ShelloI think that's a very health mindset all round.

Thanks everyone for sharing, this group really keeps my motivated :)

Proud of my dinner for this evening:

178065412_188111216466651_6136531368190570741_n.thumb.jpg.731f4723d8bfc100253a979c722a6a5b.jpg

• Like 5

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

Weighed in at 126.1 today. Inches measurement was about the same. Really feeling like I am going in the right direction. Right now, I am about the same size as I was in January of 2020. My maintenance goals have been to keep it between 118 pounds and 125. When I hit 125, I try and lose some weight. Last year, when Covid hit, I gained weight, and then just decided to work on maintenance. So, being back at about the same size now at 126 as I was when the scale said 125, means that I also gained muscle! Also, when my clothes started feeling tighter, I knew some of it was fluff, but I also thought that my legs and butt were bigger from muscle, but I couldn't tell through the fluff. After losing the weight, I can now say, yes there is more muscle. Funny brain thoughts; some times I look at my legs and think they are too big, but really they reason they are larger is there is more muscle.  So, now when my brain tells me that, I tell my brain all the reasons having bigger glutes and hamstrings are amazing!

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Weighed in at 126.1 today. Inches measurement was about the same. Really feeling like I am going in the right direction. Right now, I am about the same size as I was in January of 2020. My maintenance goals have been to keep it between 118 pounds and 125. When I hit 125, I try and lose some weight. Last year, when Covid hit, I gained weight, and then just decided to work on maintenance. So, being back at about the same size now at 126 as I was when the scale said 125, means that I also gained muscle! Also, when my clothes started feeling tighter, I knew some of it was fluff, but I also thought that my legs and butt were bigger from muscle, but I couldn't tell through the fluff. After losing the weight, I can now say, yes there is more muscle. Funny brain thoughts; some times I look at my legs and think they are too big, but really they reason they are larger is there is more muscle.  So, now when my brain tells me that, I tell my brain all the reasons having bigger glutes and hamstrings are amazing!

That's awesome that you gained some muscle! Does one pound really make a noticeable difference to your size? I don't think it does to mine, but I'm heavier.

Yeah, so yesterday I went on a minor binge. I ate about 700 calories more than I intended (which isn't a catastrophe as it's only a couple of hundred over maintenance). I decided I'm going to try to eat at maintenance for a few days, but keeping the quality of my food reasonably high. I can't eat that much in the same ratios as my current diet, though, I need some more dense foods. Just for a few days, I think.

• Like 4

Hello friends!  I've been off the wagon for a couple/few weeks and I'm getting my shit back together.  Legit am afraid to check the scale so I want to practice some consistency for a week or two before weighing in, but I'm going to be more active here as I adjust my life back to the routine I prefer of myself.  Hope everyone is well!  I'm excited for the second half of this PVP so if anyone else is in the same boat is me, here's a reminder that we've got plenty of time to turn things around and make some healthy changes still  💪😎

• Like 8

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Hello friends!  I've been off the wagon for a couple/few weeks and I'm getting my shit back together.  Legit am afraid to check the scale so I want to practice some consistency for a week or two before weighing in, but I'm going to be more active here as I adjust my life back to the routine I prefer of myself.  Hope everyone is well!  I'm excited for the second half of this PVP so if anyone else is in the same boat is me, here's a reminder that we've got plenty of time to turn things around and make some healthy changes still  💪😎

You can do it. We believe in you.

On 4/28/2021 at 12:20 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Yes!!! Never too late. I’m in the same boat, off the wagon for most of the first part of the challenge and weight crept up. Back on my b*llsh&rt now and scale has gone down each day for the last 5 days! Woo! May is a shiny new month and we can finish strong.

• Like 1

Hallo hallo I am back too!

The last few weeks have been crazy with packing up my stuff, putting it in storage, spending a week in another state, then heading up to canada - I haven't been working out or eating great, but doing what I can and focusing on the big rocks (walks, veggies, protein) and I was able to make some progress still and that was nice. 

Got in and weighed in at 151.8, which gets me almost to my goal, but -  I wouldn't be surprised if that goes up int he next few days as it normalizes, so this weekend's weigh in will be more realistic and will be interesting. 

• Like 5
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I keep feeling hungry shortly after eating oats & apple for breakfast. Anyone else? I don't feel hungry after eggs but I can't eat eggs every day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

I keep feeling hungry shortly after eating oats & apple for breakfast. Anyone else? I don't feel hungry after eggs but I can't eat eggs every day.

I need more protein to feel full. If I put protein powder in the oats, it satisfies me for longer

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

6 hours ago, Athena said:

Yes. Apple triggers my tummy that way a bit haha. Maybe try pear or banana?

I thought it might be the carbs?

9 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I need more protein to feel full. If I put protein powder in the oats, it satisfies me for longer

That's what I was thinking... too much carb and not enough protein. If you put protein powder, does it change the texture a lot and make it horrible? I accidentally cooked protein powder once or twice and it scrambled in a most foul way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harriet said:

That's what I was thinking... too much carb and not enough protein. If you put protein powder, does it change the texture a lot and make it horrible? I accidentally cooked protein powder once or twice and it scrambled in a most foul way.

I put it in after its cooked. I make the oatmeal a bit more watery.Then when I put the powder in , it absorbs some of the water. Yes, it changes the texture. I actually like it better. To me it tastes more cakey.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I put it in after its cooked. I make the oatmeal a bit more watery.Then when I put the powder in , it absorbs some of the water. Yes, it changes the texture. I actually like it better. To me it tastes more cakey.

Thanks. I'll try it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

The additional protein will definitely help!

It's not carbs itself, but more that they're a form of sugar, cause a glucose spike, insulin release, and drop again - making you feel hungrier, for the apples and the oats. Oats will be more than apples, generally, but with apples it depends on the kind of apple. 

This goes over sugar in different apples - so picking a lower sugar apple will be helpful here, too! https://furthermore.equinox.com/articles/2013/10/apples

• Like 2
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
13 hours ago, Harriet said:

I eat oats for breakfast almost every morning, but I put peanut butter or beanut butter powder + cocoa powder in mine. The protein and healthy fats seem to help with keeping full, at least in my experience.

• Like 2

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

7 hours ago, spezzy said:

The additional protein will definitely help!

It's not carbs itself, but more that they're a form of sugar, cause a glucose spike, insulin release, and drop again - making you feel hungrier, for the apples and the oats. Oats will be more than apples, generally, but with apples it depends on the kind of apple. 

This goes over sugar in different apples - so picking a lower sugar apple will be helpful here, too! https://furthermore.equinox.com/articles/2013/10/apples

Oh, I had no idea apples could be so sugary. I definitely prefer slightly tart apples anyway. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Aquarii said:

I eat oats for breakfast almost every morning, but I put peanut butter or beanut butter powder + cocoa powder in mine. The protein and healthy fats seem to help with keeping full, at least in my experience.

Peanut butter powder could be worth a try, too! (I don't know if peanut butter really fits in my calorie allowance). Thanks!

I managed to stay under 70 all week (daily weighing) so I'm pleased that I've managed to truely break that set point.  A little lower which is enough.  I feel like I'm getting some momentum.

I did have a big eating day today - all keto(ish) but just way too much food I suspect.  I'm going to see if I can fast until a late lunch tomorrow but generally I find on Monday I do need a little something before lunch, so I'll see how I go.

I didn't really get much exercise in last week - so I'll try for more consistency there as well.

• Like 2

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!