Weight Loss PVP: 10/12 lbs in 10/12 Weeks! [Mar 22 - June 7]

Better late than never... right?!

Between now and June 7 I am aiming to lose 1.5kg (3.3lb). Going from 92.6kg to 91.1kg. I have also taken progress photos.

Method:

- gym twice/week, run thrice/week, active recovery twice/week

- MFP tracking and stay under 2000 calories. 1780 is mfp’s estimate of my calories to lose .5kg/week, I haven’t tracked in a long time so giving myself a little grace.

- sleep (wait,what???) stress is a contributing factor to holding my weight on, going to bed and sleeping will help to reassure my body that we aren’t in survival mode and it is safe to let go of the life vest

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Grizzy said:

Yeah, that sounds like me.

Heeeey don't  be so self-demeaning :) (Except if that's your jam and you just like self-depreciating humor :D ) Keep on keeping on!

Been a while, but I'm going to try to check this thread again :) I've been hanging around the 66-66,5 kg for a while now, but since I increased the amount I workout and have been consuming  ALOT OF VEGIES for a bout 1,5 week now, I hope I will  be back on my downward "slope" again :)

• Like 4

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

Weigh in was the same as it has been the last two weeks. Not surprising. Ate more over the weekend.Yesterday was a small deficit , about 250 calories. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Lost my way since the start of the challenge (stress monster, etc.), gained a few pounds, lost some of them, currently  at +0.8  from the initial weigh-in. Refocusing on IF to redeem these last  few weeks.

• Like 2

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

On 5/10/2021 at 3:57 PM, Yasha92 said:

Better late than never... right?!

Between now and June 7 I am aiming to lose 1.5kg (3.3lb). Going from 92.6kg to 91.1kg. I have also taken progress photos.

Method:

- gym twice/week, run thrice/week, active recovery twice/week

- MFP tracking and stay under 2000 calories. 1780 is mfp’s estimate of my calories to lose .5kg/week, I haven’t tracked in a long time so giving myself a little grace.

- sleep (wait,what???) stress is a contributing factor to holding my weight on, going to bed and sleeping will help to reassure my body that we aren’t in survival mode and it is safe to let go of the life vest

always! welcome :)

and love to see the focus on sleep and stress! :)

• Like 1
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Bit late posting, but I did weigh myself last Sunday and came in at 74.5kg - half a kilo off my goal! I also now fit into my partner's jeans which is something that has never happened before haha.

Been very hungry this week though, I think I might end up putting the half kilo back on again.  I think I'm quite fearful of regaining after all this effort.

Sent pictures to my family and my mum ordered me not to lose any more weight lol! I supposed she isn't used to seeing a smaller version of me. I'm still perfectly healthy though, and the weight loss has been steady, not a crash diet.

• Like 5

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

On 5/13/2021 at 9:50 PM, Keladris said:

also now fit into my partner's jeans which is something that has never happened before haha.

I honestly dream of this....

Congrats on being able to!

---

Hey all! So moving and starting a new job had me busy. But I have successfully dropped out of 280s. 

Last week I dropped to 275, this week 277. 

3 more weeks! I think I can drop the five pound!

Have made it a priority to not eat out, and bring a lunch in. My budget tracking  has helped me prioritize even more by starting to meal prep for the second time this week. 

I have a new fancy food scale to help me out. 

I'm on the right track to drop enough weight to reach my goal, especially if I had a big more exercise. 

Any one have any batch cooking that they love?

---

Just listened to a barbell lifting podcast where they hinted at better mobility and stamina with proper stance. I have a ways to go to have barbell workouts in my budget, but strength training never looked so good!

• Like 3

First week check point:

Got on the judgement machine and have lost 100g (or one partially eaten jar of Vegemite for those visual nerds like me). Given that calories were purely being tracked, not restricted this week I’m counting that as a win. Sleep and stress were as good as they could be given the circumstances (minor work drama).

Next week focus: staying within my daily calorie budget.

BE9DD324-D1D9-45B6-8546-F7851736885C.jpeg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Just realizing how that perception can really change your point of view. 

Love your expression in the photo!

why thank you 😊 

yes, I find visuals super helpful: knowing that I need to lose 20kg to be healthy weight? Seems overwhelming and difficult to picture... knowing that I am carrying around 10 bottles of milk around with me everywhere I go, or 40 tins of tomatoes... wow, that is way more visceral  AND I can picture putting down one can at a time rather than getting upset I don’t just drop all 40 of them as soon s as I decide to make a lifestyle change.

• Like 4

Yay! After a week of no weight loss thanks to a mini diet break, I am down again. Around 7.5lbs lost total in 8 weeks. Not bad.

3 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

knowing that I am carrying around 10 bottles of milk around with me everywhere I go, or 40 tins of tomatoes... wow, that is way more visceral 

That is a very useful way to look at it. I'd like to put down some of my burden, too.

• Like 6

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

I've been missing here as I've had some family drama to deal with, but I've managed to stay mostly on plan.  Weight is going down slowly but I seem to have overcome the last platau so I'm trying to keep doing the same thing while my body is willing to drop some kilos without going into body fat preservation mode.  I don't think I'll hit the 6kg goal but I'll be a LOT closer to it.   My body fax % (on my home scales) is finally dropping as well.

I'm getting a new gym workout plan tomorrow - so hopefully this will keep me motivate for the next three weeks.

• Like 2

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Week 0: 255.5

Week 1: 257.2 - START WEEK

Week 2: 256.4 (down 0.8)

Week 3: 252.6 (down 3.8)

Week 4: 253.6 (up 1.0)

Week 5: 254.4 (up 0.8)

Week 6: 253.0 (down 1.4)

Week 7: 251.6 (down 1.4)

Week 8: 249.6 (down 2.0)

Finally broke through the 250's!  My appetite was weird over the weekend and I ended up eating way lower than my target.  It was the push I needed to break through the 250's.  Hopefully I can stay below that going forward.  Although we have a planned dinner out tonight to see some visiting family.  Total loss 7.6 pounds in 7 weeks.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 5/13/2021 at 9:50 PM, Keladris said:

Bit late posting, but I did weigh myself last Sunday and came in at 74.5kg - half a kilo off my goal! I also now fit into my partner's jeans which is something that has never happened before haha.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:25 PM, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Hey all! So moving and starting a new job had me busy. But I have successfully dropped out of 280s. 

Last week I dropped to 275, this week 277. 

On 5/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, Yasha92 said:

First week check point:

Got on the judgement machine and have lost 100g (or one partially eaten jar of Vegemite for those visual nerds like me). Given that calories were purely being tracked, not restricted this week I’m counting that as a win. Sleep and stress were as good as they could be given the circumstances (minor work drama).

On 5/15/2021 at 11:39 PM, Harriet said:

Yay! After a week of no weight loss thanks to a mini diet break, I am down again. Around 7.5lbs lost total in 8 weeks. Not bad.

On 5/16/2021 at 7:13 AM, Skywalker said:

I've been missing here as I've had some family drama to deal with, but I've managed to stay mostly on plan.  Weight is going down slowly but I seem to have overcome the last platau so I'm trying to keep doing the same thing while my body is willing to drop some kilos without going into body fat preservation mode. 

So.Much.Winning!!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

You all are killing it!!! WTG!

I’ve been on track, then off track, then on track, then off again, and weight has bounced around accordingly. Currently a little heavier than I was at the start of the PVP (blush)  It’s that post-dinner snackiness that gets me!

BUT! Only 24  30 more workdays in this mega stressful role. While I would like to make a solid start on slimming down before that graduation day, I KNOW I can do it afterwards when decision fatigue is less of a thing and my mood is likely better. And the warm weather just arrived here, which is huge— I am thoroughly incentivized to get outside running around whenever I can. Turns out that wearing tank tops and shorts is another great incentivizer to not eat like a jerk.

• Like 2

Start weight: 106.8 kg

Start waist: 114 cm

25/04 weight: 105.1 kg (-1.7 kg)

02/05 weight: 103.3 kg (-1.8 kg)

02/05 waist: 111 cm (-3 cm)

09/05 weight: 103.1 kg (-0.2 kg)

16/05 weight: 103.1 kg (-)

16/05 waist: 111 cm (-)

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

• Like 2

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

Am just about holding at 74.5kg. I get the feeling my body would really like to settle at 75kg. Not been tracking my food this week, so I'm pleased I've managed to stay more or less put.

Think the last half kilo/1lb is going to take some serious discipline to lose, but I got time!

Was a bit disappointed that my mum responded to my weightloss with "don't lose anymore, are you sure that's healthy? You've lost so much weight". It's 10kg/20lbs, and I've lost it in 5 months. Plus, I was overweight before and now I'm not. I guess she's just struggling with the change.

• Like 3

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

On 5/15/2021 at 11:35 PM, Yasha92 said:

yes, I find visuals super helpful: knowing that I need to lose 20kg to be healthy weight? Seems overwhelming and difficult to picture... knowing that I am carrying around 10 bottles of milk around with me everywhere I go, or 40 tins of tomatoes... wow, that is way more visceral  AND I can picture putting down one can at a time rather than getting upset I don’t just drop all 40 of them as soon s as I decide to make a lifestyle change.

Visuals like these always blew my mind.

Fat vs. Muscle: Understanding The Truth Behind The Images   But muscle is heavier than fat, right? | by Juliette Norman |  LifestylesFitness | Medium

I legit visualize this on my body when I'm considering weight loss.  It's also a helpful reminder that even though I carry most of my excess weight around my midsection, there's a little bit of that covering all of my muscles.  And I want to see more of those muscles.  So we grind.  💪

When you really think about it, it's pretty wild to imagine that much fat being burned off in a couple of weeks.  Biology is trippy!

18 minutes ago, Keladris said:

Plus, I was overweight before and now I'm not. I guess she's just struggling with the change.

This more than anything.  If you've been one thing for a long time, it'll be hard for someone who doesn't share your lifestyle  and new(er) values.  Plus there's a certain glorification of 'slightly overweight' pervading in culture these days.  Coming from a non-physical family (no one even played sports as kids), it was a bit of a struggle initially but now mom is careful not to overload me with chocolate on holidays and respects my tracking and whatnot during dinners.

She actually treated me and the white to takeout dinner the other day and was just as thrilled when I told her we were going to use the gift for steaks.  ;) 

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Keep forgetting to log in and update my weight. Only 1 pound this week, but 2.2 pounds last week. I guess my very small treat on Mother's Day really slowed the loss. Not sure why. I had no dessert, just fajita's on a low carb wrap and thin crisps with dip. And I cycled off the extra calories. Feels unfair. But whatever. I'm still very focuses and doing really well with being consistent with cycling and weight lifting and even yoga, which is a first for me. 

• Like 2

Adulting is Hard. Jesus Helps. 

On 5/17/2021 at 6:11 PM, Grizzy said:

Hooray! I've surpassed my 5 lb loss goal in only two weeks! I love the whoosh that happens in the first few weeks.

I think I'm going to aim for losing 3.9 more lbs I'm the next 3 weeks. That will put me at the next benchmark of 220.

Well done!

21 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Currently a little heavier than I was at the start of the PVP (blush)  It’s that post-dinner snackiness that gets me!

Alas! Just do what you can with the stressful situation, I guess. No need for added diet stress.

20 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Start weight: 106.8 kg

Start waist: 114 cm

25/04 weight: 105.1 kg (-1.7 kg)

02/05 weight: 103.3 kg (-1.8 kg)

02/05 waist: 111 cm (-3 cm)

09/05 weight: 103.1 kg (-0.2 kg)

16/05 weight: 103.1 kg (-)

16/05 waist: 111 cm (-)

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

That's almost four kilos... that's pretty great, surely?

2 hours ago, Keladris said:

Plus, I was overweight before and now I'm not. I guess she's just struggling with the change.

Excellent work. I, too, have migrated categories.

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I legit visualize this on my body when I'm considering weight loss.  It's also a helpful reminder that even though I carry most of my excess weight around my midsection, there's a little bit of that covering all of my muscles.  And I want to see more of those muscles. 

Hell yeah. I keep flexing and staring at my newly visible...*googles muscle groups*... mid to lower traps.

2 hours ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

Keep forgetting to log in and update my weight. Only 1 pound this week, but 2.2 pounds last week. I guess my very small treat on Mother's Day really slowed the loss. Not sure why. I had no dessert, just fajita's on a low carb wrap and thin crisps with dip. And I cycled off the extra calories. Feels unfair. But whatever. I'm still very focuses and doing really well with being consistent with cycling and weight lifting and even yoga, which is a first for me. 

Two pounds is great, and one pound is good!

• Like 4

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

Scale fluctuations being what they are, I weighed in 5lbs lighter this morning than Monday...

Maybe Thursday should be my weigh-in day.  😆

On 5/18/2021 at 2:20 PM, Harriet said:

Hell yeah. I keep flexing and staring at my newly visible...*googles muscle groups*... mid to lower traps.

Don't feel bad, I still use terms like "bum meat" and "pully bits" or "side tummy."

• Like 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Don't feel bad, I still use terms like "bum meat" and "pully bits" or "side tummy."

squat steak. clean & jerky. press flesh. bench beef. lunge lunchmeat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1