Weight Loss PVP: 10/12 lbs in 10/12 Weeks! [Mar 22 - June 7]

Weighed in at 149.6 again this morning, so I think I'm officially in maintenance at this new weight, which means I've hit my goal for this challenge :D

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Well, eating has been out of control for a couple of weeks and I got back up to 68kg. I have been reading Kessler's The End of Overeating and Guyenet's The Hungry Brain and I have decided I need to learn to like normal simple foods again. Foods that taste nice enough when hungry but are not so supernaturally ultra delicious that I eat them without hunger. For now, I am banishing hyperpalatable foods from my diet. I need to learn that I don't need to reward myself every five seconds with cheese/chocolate/wine/nut butter/butter/ice cream.

• Like 4

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

After spending a few weeks rebuilding consistency, I'm back around where I was when this all started.  Not exactly what I expected nor wanted to see, but considering how badly I went off track for a while there I'm glad I can at least say I've reset going into the next 12 Weeks PVP. :) 

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

I need to learn that I don't need to reward myself every five seconds with cheese/chocolate/wine/nut butter/butter/ice cream.

Look into 'anabolic ice cream.'  I've been doing that nightly for a few days now, and while ice, vanilla, and cashew milk isn't exactly Dairy Queen, I've been making an absolutely massive bucket of healthy low-cal ice cream every night, and last night in particular, I finished off my macros by crushing my usual protein cookies into it, adding walnuts and zero-cal caramel sauce.  It was actually a delight and I went to bed with a very full tummy.

• Like 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Start weight: 106.8 kg

Start waist: 114 cm

25/04 weight: 105.1 kg (-1.7 kg)

02/05 weight: 103.3 kg (-1.8 kg)

02/05 waist: 111 cm (-3 cm)

09/05 weight: 103.1 kg (-0.2 kg)

16/05 weight: 103.1 kg (-)

16/05 waist: 111 cm (-)

23/05 weight: 101.2 kg (-1.9 kg)

30/05 weight: 100.1 kg (-1.1 kg)

30/05 waist: 109 cm (-2 cm)

06/06 weight: 101.7 kg (+1.6 kg)

Well, weighing in after an entire day of heavy eating with friends (think Thanksgiving quantities) perhaps wasn't the smartest idea... 😅

• Like 2

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

Between the start and finish of the challenge I lost ~4 kgs/8.8 lbs.

Weight progress:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP2Wvp2rBdK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 

Interesting! I have been trying to eat more plant-based/vegan things and that helped me go for more whole foods and finally use my blender lots. And I started running and biking outside. Besides the lost weight I also see more of a waist shape. Life feels good. Not because of how I look but because I feel like *I am shaping my body* and that rocks. & I seem to feel a lot more energetic.

Looking forward to getting blood work done in August & continuing on my journey.

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

18 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Look into 'anabolic ice cream.'  I've been doing that nightly for a few days now, and while ice, vanilla, and cashew milk isn't exactly Dairy Queen, I've been making an absolutely massive bucket of healthy low-cal ice cream every night, and last night in particular, I finished off my macros by crushing my usual protein cookies into it, adding walnuts and zero-cal caramel sauce.  It was actually a delight and I went to bed with a very full tummy.

I googled it. 2 litres for 300 calories??? What dark magic trickery is this????

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

I'm a bit discouraged because I didn't lose any weight during this 5 week challenge. Looking at my starts stats from this challenge, I did lose a couple of pounds. I also lost a bit around my hips, belly , and waist. And, I fit into my summer clothes, which was the big goal. Not as good as results as I wanted. However,  looking at the stressors in my life right now, it was actually decent. 

I've decided that even if I didn't hit my weight goal, I'm done being in a deficit. I'm going to be on maintenance, and focus on strength goals.

Thanks @Rurik Harrgath for putting this challenge together. It helped me to keep focus.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

5 hours ago, Harriet said:

I googled it. 2 litres for 300 calories??? What dark magic trickery is this????

My favorite sort of dark magic culinary alchemy ;) since ice has zero calories, cashew or almond milk are pretty low-cal, and I've been using about 100g Greek yogurt plus a scoop of protein powder with vanilla extract and stevia for extra flavor.  Altogether under 400 cals and fills my entire blender up.  Then I crush my protein cookies on top to make a sort of anabolic DQ Blizzard 😆

The wife makes hers with frozen berries for a kind of sorbet-style treat.  There's so many different ways you could whip this up to your liking.  I want to try a banana split soon!

• Like 4

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

19 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

favorite sort of dark magic culinary alchemy ;) since ice has zero calories, cashew or almond milk are pretty low-cal, and I've been using about 100g Greek yogurt plus a scoop of protein powder with vanilla extract and stevia for extra

Was wondering are these all dairy or some non dairy substitutes? Wondering on making a milkshake version but pea protien powder makes me sad...

----

In the end I ended at 277

I would be hard on myself for not staying at 275. But this year total I lost 23 lbs and keeping it off despite hitting up treats weekly. 

This challenge I moved and my parks job ended up being more of a desk/drive. I now have a job where I can I add regular exercise and even played with an old barbell. 

While playing around with meal prep!

Can say there is progress even though I didn't hit my goal, wondering on taking it slower for weight loss. I no longer want to crash diet but see if I can come up with longterm habits.

Also planning to start working on being able to do a pushup by December!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Was wondering are these all dairy or some non dairy substitutes? Wondering on making a milkshake version but pea protien powder makes me sad...

Either or, your options are only constrained by your imagination!  I do approx 400g ice, 50-100g Greek yogurt depending on macros, 100g cashew milk, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein (although wouldn't hesitate to use pea since it absorbs more water and goes doughier from my experience), a splash of vanilla extract, etc.  Then I'll add homemade protein cookie dough and/or walnuts and/or berries and/or chocolate etc depending on what I have left.

It would be easily to go the chocolate route too.  Also zero cal syrups are your best friend here.  Waldon Farms caramel is divine!

• Like 2

Weighed in at 66.6kg That's 4 kg/9 lbs down since the start of this challenge, and roughly 8.5kg/19bs down total. It may have been a bit of a fluke but still! The whole 8.5kg can't be dehydration!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Weighed in at 66.6kg That's 4 kg/9 lbs down since the start of this challenge, and roughly 8.5kg/19bs down total. It may have been a bit of a fluke but still! The whole 8.5kg can't be dehydration!

Congrats!  It ALL counts! 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2