Weight Loss PVP: 10/12 lbs in 10/12 Weeks! [Mar 22 - June 7]

Argh. Sunday weigh in and I am up two pounds, despite eating under maintenance all week. It's a lie. A salty watery glycogen lie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Woah I'm at 76kg today! So week 0 was 77, then 78.5 and now 76... So from last week to this week I lost  2.5kg/5lbs! What gives? Weight is crazy.

I have been particularly vigilant after that gain last week, plus I think the walking every day is helping. I'm also upping my dancing.  I hope I can maintain/keep going!

• Like 5

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

I weigh essentially the same again today, but not worried....I just got the new scale. It was reading almost a full pound lower yesterday. The numbers on my old scale didn't move very much ever (it had some kind of weird smoothing filter, I think), so I need to get used to the fluctuations of this one.

BUT now that I have a working scale, it's time to really focus on this goal.

• Like 5

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I weighed myself and was up a pound and a half. I'm going to wait and record my weight tomorrow. Yesterday was Easter, and I had planned on not sticking to my deficit eating. But, the meal timing was weird too. We snacked after church, had a late lunch, and then I had some chicken and a roll at about 8:30, which is way later then I normally eat. So, I figured that affected my weigh in.

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 4/3/2021 at 10:33 AM, Harriet said:

Vollkommen richtig 🙂 I am a jam filled doughnut.

Thank you! I'll find me some lindt and the cocoa percentage training shall begin!

Now you are eating for science!

For Science GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Week 0: 255.5

Week 1: 257.2

Week 2: 256.4 (down 0.8)

After taking week 0 off from keeping a deficit weigh is starting to recover.  It's starting slowly because life got in the way a few times this week.  I rangered through it making decent decisions at the time.  I don't want my weight loss efforts to interfere with living life so sometimes that just has to happen.   Like Easter; I was with my bf's family and they had all the carbs for Easter and I enjoyed every one of them.  

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I'm up a lb today, which isn't a surprise after eating like a bit of an asshole last week.  Even then I doubt it's a legitimate lb and more than likely water weight any, I'm going into damage mode and aim to evaporate that through this week.  Hard work time!

• Like 6

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Down 2lbs for the week. I'm not getting excited yet since this seems to be the initial water weight I drop when I move to a slight calorie deficit.  Waiting until next week - once it's over 3 lbs lost then I'll trust some of it might be fat loss.

My plans to go running every other day are on hold, which is slowing my weight loss plans. After a winter of napping indoors, the physiotherapist says my stabilizer muscles are so atrophied that I'd kill myself.  So a month of strength training first!  If only the gyms were safe.

• Like 4

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

8 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I'm up a lb today, which isn't a surprise after eating like a bit of an asshole last week.  Even then I doubt it's a legitimate lb and more than likely water weight any, I'm going into damage mode and aim to evaporate that through this week.  Hard work time!

But then I was 207.2lbs by mid-afternoon, so... weight is weird, right?

4 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

My plans to go running every other day are on hold, which is slowing my weight loss plans. After a winter of napping indoors, the physiotherapist says my stabilizer muscles are so atrophied that I'd kill myself.  So a month of strength training first!  If only the gyms were safe.

Don't discount bodyweight!  That's 99.9% of my running warm-up and prep, plus my army-destroyed-old-man knees love lunges for stability.

• Like 4

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

29 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Don't discount bodyweight!  That's 99.9% of my running warm-up and prep, plus my army-destroyed-old-man knees love lunges for stability.

Bodyweight workouts are absolutely effective.  I just hate them. 🤣  It's impossible to not feel pathetic when I'm struggling with just lifting my own body.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

I made it throught Easter away with friends without going too much off plan and finished with an overall loss (I'd lost before going away so I"m happy that I maintained that over the long weekend).

Now's the challenging time because I've been fluctuating between 70 and a half and 72 for a while so it's time to see if I can get below 70.  Additional complication is that I now have my hand in a cast for at least the next two weeks which will limit my gym/exercise routine.

• Like 3

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

14 minutes ago, Skywalker said:

I made it throught Easter away with friends without going too much off plan and finished with an overall loss (I'd lost before going away so I"m happy that I maintained that over the long weekend).

Now's the challenging time because I've been fluctuating between 70 and a half and 72 for a while so it's time to see if I can get below 70.  Additional complication is that I now have my hand in a cast for at least the next two weeks which will limit my gym/exercise routine.

Ouch, heal swiftly!

There are many studies that say exercising your uninjured limb has crossover in keeping your injured limb from getting weak while it is casted, so you can probably still do a fair amount.

Do you have one of those cool 3D printed casts?

• Like 2

― Neil Gaiman

Ugh. Weight remains up: Even the happy scale curve is showing it. I did start trying to eat 300g of fruit and vegetables at every meal, so 900g per day, so probably 400g more than usual. That could make one heavier, right? 400g heavier? And I had to cut down my hour long walks to half an hour. I guess that could make a difference. I want to go back to long walks 😞

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

Forgot to weigh yesterday - but got in at a pound and a half under my initial weigh in which was nice to see, and my (mostly) daily weigh ins have been trending lower, even if just by a tiny bit. 

• Like 5
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Oops forget to update outside of the spreadsheet. 

Starting: 284

Week 1: 283

Week 2: 281

The scale is going down despite not being 100% (I'm going to enjoy this time the weight is coming off, despite dealing with hormone issues from weight loss).

For Easter I found Whole30 broccoli salad is the bomb for me, will be a summer salad for weekly meals. 

My microwave and TV broke last week.... which aligns with easier cooking and my ring fit. So I feel like my brain had been stumped along with just being exhausted and anxious on my life changing.

---

Realized I never shared my game plan. I'm trying to stick to Whole foods like eating, while trying to avoid any sweeteners and flour. Was attempting bento for lunches but realized a bowl full of food seems to fit me well. Though both last weeks I ended up turning to old comfort foods for a couple days. 

Luckily with a gut reset I'm trying to do, its been easier to say no to sugar. 

I'm currently not tracking, but hoping to enjoy this time where I don't. Hoping to work on keeping a weekly treat to try out new foods as I move into a metro area in a couple weeks. 

Was attempting 10k steps last week due to trying to get ready for my new  job, I crashed hard after 2 days. 

So refocusing on what I need to do and get my ring fit set up!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Realized I never shared my game plan. I'm trying to stick to Whole foods like eating, while trying to avoid any sweeteners and flour.

Ooh, that's quite strict. Let us know how it works for you!

3 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Was attempting 10k steps last week due to trying to get ready for my new  job, I crashed hard after 2 days.

Maybe not the best time to start a new exercise regime? Some number of steps lower than 10,000 will be fine until work is a little calmer, I'm sure.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Ooh, that's quite strict. Let us know how it works for you

Maybe I didn't word it perfectly, since its broadly saying I've had to cut out most processed food due to the avoiding sweetners and flours. I can eat whole grains (brown rice, oats, etc) and legumes which is less strict than Whole30. I also am continuing to avoid dairy due noticing my gut doesn't appreciate it. 

If it wasn't for me finally feeling 10x better when I do eat right I would be having a hard time getting back on it after eating comfort food... The biggest issue is wrapping my head around a meal to eat.  Where I've found I need to chill in my kitchen and stare at the food for a meal idea. 

Hoping to prep salad and hotdish in the next two days to make it easier. 

35 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Maybe not the best time to start a new exercise regime? Some number of steps lower than 10,000 will be fine until work is a little calmer, I'm sure.

My biggest worry is I maybe walking into a job that needs me to walk 10-20 k steps a day.... Where I'm walking maybe 5 on a busy day... 

So trying to figure out a way to move around more without tiring myself out before my weeknight  9 PM job I'm finishing up the next 2 weeks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

If it wasn't for me finally feeling 10x better when I do eat right I would be having a hard time getting back on it after eating comfort food... The biggest issue is wrapping my head around a meal to eat.  Where I've found I need to chill in my kitchen and stare at the food for a meal idea.

Ah. I don't make the fanciest meals, so I probably can't help. Unless you want to just eat broiled meat and vegetables with seasoning or balsamico and a tiny crumble of feta every day.

1 hour ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

My biggest worry is I maybe walking into a job that needs me to walk 10-20 k steps a day.... Where I'm walking maybe 5 on a busy day... 

So trying to figure out a way to move around more without tiring myself out before my weeknight  9 PM job I'm finishing up the next 2 weeks. 

Ah, so you have to work up to it reasonably quickly but not too quickly. Well, good luck!

• Like 2

Oof, weight’s up a bit this week. Yesterday was comparatively solid though!

• hit my active caloric burn goal, even though I did the responsible thing and worked from home (which means no walking commute, which means no automatic unthinking way of getting the miles in!)
  • tracked pretty much everything I ate 
  • Food was pretty reasonable, ~1900 cal, 30%protein 40%fat 40%carbs
  • For first time in ages was not possessed by the dessert zombie that usually takes over my brain about 8 pm
  • that level of self possession was TIRING y’all and I crashed into bed before 10 pm 😅

Today will be a great day if I can repeat the wins from yesterday PLUS some sort of strength workout. I think Bodyweight 4A is on the horizon today..

Big obstacle of the day is that it’s my kiddo’s birthday, meaning that we whipped up an awesome peanut butter cheesecake... not a low calorie concoction! Well, maybe I will celebrate 19 years of parenting this delightful human with a bike ride to get out ahead of some of the ensuing richness.

• Like 4
On 4/6/2021 at 1:41 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

Do you have one of those cool 3D printed casts?

Just a plaster half cast so it is removable - which is good.  Annoying because it's on for two weeks regardless of if there is a brake or not.

I'll just have to adjust exercise plan for the next two weeksl

• Like 3

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Hit my move goals yesterday, thanks to a beautiful sunny warm day that just begged for me to come outside and enjoy it whenever the workday allowed. And choir dance practice was super energetic. So movement side of the equation was strong.

Nutrition-wise I would NOT say I covered myself in glory... I did track though and the Bday dinner indulgence (Cadillac mac and cheese, peanut butter cheesecake) was reasonably planned. Just way more calories than needed even for maintenance (2600!! And I think my maintenance level is around 2000 on a good day that I’m running around a lot)  🤐

Eh, it’s a new day and no mistakes in it yet. Birds are singing, no meetings after 12, happy kids in their rooms sleeping off the rich dinner, happy dogs waiting downstairs for me to walk them.  Today will be better, challenge wise.

• Like 4
On 4/6/2021 at 11:28 PM, Fairly_Bouncer said:

For Easter I found Whole30 broccoli salad is the bomb for me, will be a summer salad for weekly meals. 

My microwave and TV broke last week.... which aligns with easier cooking and my ring fit.

Whole30 salad looks good! What's the ring fit? Is that something electronic or are you talking about an actual piece of jewelery (getting married?)

-------------

I've been down about 1.5 lbs for the past few days. Hoping to lock this in for the week 🙂

• Like 3

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016