Nax's not-so-mini challenge: Clutter-B-Gone! (Probably part 1 of many)

20 hours ago, Rookie said:

I think its okay to keep the clothes if you feel good in them and look good. You never know when you need some good clothes and it sucks trying to find something on a whim. Now if you tried them on and were like "psch I look like an alien" then yah maybe don't keep those. Unless you want to look like an alien. I understand the  anxiety from people looking at you. At least in my case I am just not used to it so if someone is looking at me I am like "Why are you looking at me D:< grrr"

Honestly... I value village those shirts I don't care about. Also gasp.... FanExpo......I am guessing thats probably a popular name though. We have a FanExpo 60 mins from me ^_^

Hmm. Good point. One thing I hate more than clothes sorting is clothes shopping, so it's probably better to err on the side of less aggravation. Who knows, I may eventually make a "Nax attempts to look presentable" challenge in the future, once the decluttering is done. (Looking like an alien is okay, but only at cons 😜)

The FanExpo shirt was from the one in Toronto, in 2016. (I think it was Canada FanExpo? Because there is also apparently a Toronto FanExpo. In any case, it was the one that usually takes place before Labor Day weekend.) Which FanExpo are you close to?

A lot of things are gonna' get ValueVillaged this long weekend. I did manage to gift two items of clothing to some friends yesterday also (possibly a 3rd one tonight).

I forgot to upload the picture of the clean floor. Oops. Will do that tonight.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Naxius said:

The FanExpo shirt was from the one in Toronto, in 2016. (I think it was Canada FanExpo? Because there is also apparently a Toronto FanExpo. In any case, it was the one that usually takes place before Labor Day weekend.) Which FanExpo are you close to?

Toronto! :3 Thats so cool. Small world. I haven't gone in forever (even before the pandemic). I think fiance and I went to FanExpo once (first time since highschool) could have been 2016 for all I know LOL. My sister and I have been going to Anime North. I won't lie, cons don't quite have the same feel for me anymore :( I miss having the big group of friends to go with. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

On 4/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, Rookie said:

Toronto! :3 Thats so cool. Small world. I haven't gone in forever (even before the pandemic). I think fiance and I went to FanExpo once (first time since highschool) could have been 2016 for all I know LOL. My sister and I have been going to Anime North. I won't lie, cons don't quite have the same feel for me anymore :( I miss having the big group of friends to go with. 

Nice! Anime North is also on my to-go list...when cons happen again and I can actually manage to get a pass and a hotel for it, anyway. Mainly because the timing of it makes it the only convention where my Air Miles aren't on a fucking blackout date, lol.

I can totally relate about cons not having the same feel anymore, though. I can (probably) still find a group of friends to go with, but most of the groups I've gone with in the past seem to be drifting apart. I could be wrong, though. The main problem is that the level at which I don't have my shit together makes it impossible for me to actually get a cosplay ready on time, which leads to sleepless nights, followed by failure anyway, and then stress as I attempt to finish it in the hotel room, still fail and, and...ugh. Then I just spend the whole con anxious and stressed and tired until I get drunk. This is a big part of why I want to un-clutter both my room and a work space in the house before I start working on any cosplays again. Maybe with my free time actually not spent clearing space/looking for shit, I'll actually be able to finish projects on time.

Speaking of decluttering: I am not dead. Mental health just went to shit for who-the-fuck-knows-what reasons and I haven't done much all of last...week? Two weeks? The clear floor got re-cluttered, then un-cluttered, and then re-cluttered again, but I'm pretty sure it will be uncluttered again tonight. Or tomorrow. We'll see.

I've emptied 2 of 3 desk drawers, which contained crafting tools and paints etc. Crafting tools went in one box, the rest in another. I was kind of sad as I did this because, knowing how awful the executive dysfunction problem is, I have no idea when I'll be seeing these items again.

I've gone to the comic shop to pick up more bags and boards, and another box. I just need to actually put the extra comics in the box now.

Things got done, I just haven't kept track of, well, anything. Let's see...

1. Get rid of the clothes that I no longer wear, put them in a box to bring to Value Village. Do the same with misc. items that I have no use for.

2. Dump all the bookshelf clutter and remaining desk clutter into a box. Sort it later.

3. Clear all desk drawers. The contents of the top two drawers consist of crafting tools and paints, so those could go in the same box (bonus: everything in the same place, even if it ends up in a box in the basement). 3rd drawer contains old video games (NES/SNES) that can go in a separate box.

4. Clear  path to crawlspace near the bed.

5. Clear a path to crawlspace near the wall drawers. (Note: this has somewhat been done, there is still clutter, but it's on a rolly tote and can easily be moved out of the way.)

6. Unroll everything that is rolled (Worbla, craft foam, poster board, etc.) and put it behind the bookshelf.

7. Go to comic book shop and buy more bags and boards, and another comic book box. Put comics in bags with board, and put them in the box.

• Like 1
On 4/14/2021 at 10:42 AM, Naxius said:

Speaking of decluttering: I am not dead. Mental health just went to shit for who-the-fuck-knows-what reasons and I haven't done much all of last...week? Two weeks? The clear floor got re-cluttered, then un-cluttered, and then re-cluttered again, but I'm pretty sure it will be uncluttered again tonight. Or tomorrow. We'll see.

Sorry to hear about that. Are you doing any better this week? It's okay to put the challenge on hold for a bit if something else has taken priority (and your health is pretty darn important). Though decluttering is good for the ol' mental health too, so you know better than I do what the answer is here for you. I'd just like to hear how you are doing again is all. :)

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39 

On 4/28/2021 at 2:52 AM, juliebarkley said:

Sorry to hear about that. Are you doing any better this week? It's okay to put the challenge on hold for a bit if something else has taken priority (and your health is pretty darn important). Though decluttering is good for the ol' mental health too, so you know better than I do what the answer is here for you. I'd just like to hear how you are doing again is all. :)

Not really 😅 The comic box is still next to my bed, empty, with the bags and boards and comics on top of it. This has been the case for a while. All I do is just...stare at it?

I attempted to continue the decluttering a few hours ago, but ended up only moving things from one area to another area. I thought I could make some progress today considering that ALL my plans were unexpectedly cancelled and I had a nice, long, free day in front of me. But then mom decided we have to take the dog for a looooong walk (2h), followed by a long-ass list of things to do. Some of these tasks were things that I was already planning to do, but now that I've been ORDERED to do them I no longer want to. Especially because being ordered to do things also involves being micro-managed while doing said things. Fuck.

I noticed the challenge was over yesterday. My room is way better off  than it was before, so I'd call it a win. I'll continue next challenge.

2 hours ago, Naxius said:

Some of these tasks were things that I was already planning to do, but now that I've been ORDERED to do them I no longer want to. Especially because being ordered to do things also involves being micro-managed while doing said things. Fuck.

I KNOW THESE FEELS.

Hooray for improvement, and see you next challenge!

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39