44 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Omg that picture of Sophocles!

I'm gonna reread, no wait i think I still need to finish book 3...

Gonna dive into that!

Dude! YES! And if you haven't finished book three, then you also have book 4 and 5 to dive into afterwards :D. Bro, I'm gonna be right behind you (yeah, you'd like that huh?! 😂) once I've finished Dark Age. We'll read the series together.

wadewilson-parker

thesimpletondiaries | Red rising, Geek books, Red baby

Wolf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

16 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

I’m learning to be more flexible, however, because being a dad of 5, working 2 jobs and making time to put Heather at the top of my priority list, things can get a little crazy lol.

Honestly, I'm tired just reading that! I don't know how you do it Wolfman!

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 3  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 1  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Anatomy of an Orc

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

7 hours ago, Jarric said:

Honestly, I'm tired just reading that! I don't know how you do it Wolfman!

You and both brother!

Week 2, day 3

Weight: 188.8 (my weight fluctuates so much!)

Dinner last night was Teriaki chicken on rice with fresh pineapples:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.a6abe592079828400b07a710b9bcc6f6.jpeg

Ok... I have a confession to make:

image.thumb.jpeg.2275942c1b12bfb938cba7b3e40370ca.jpeg

What in the goryhell is that you ask? It’s a vape pen. I’ve been using these things for like 2 months... and I’m not entirely proud of it. It started when my brothers fiancée brought some over for my wife. Then I started using them. I’ll puff on them periodically throughout the day but I’m about to be done with them! I know it’s not good for me, yet, I still smoke them. I’m almost done with this one and when I’m done with it, I’m DONE! I used to smoke a lot of pot/weed a couple years ago and stopped cold turkey when Trixie was born. This kind of replaces the pot because I get that nice nicotine buzz when I smoke them and I enjoy it. But, like I said, they are not good for me, and I want to stop. Please keep me accountable!

I’m soooooo glad to have these next 2 days off from Costco! I’m also off Sunday for Easter so it’s a good week to have 3 days off. I’m taking my boys to go see Godzilla vs Kong when I clock out from my day job today even though we have HBO max and can watch for free. I miss going to the movies and IMO, a monster movie like GvK is the perfect film to see at the theaters. We’re all very excited to see it, especially my 6 year old. He loooooooves stuff like this! I’m going to get in a solid walk today as well (I’m already at close to 20k steps in for this week alone with 4 days still to go (including today)) and knock out some push-ups and maybe even a sword kata to stack up some points. I’ll also stretch at some point today but either way, it’s gonna be a good day. 

Happy Hump Day, Howlers! Omnis Vir Lupus!

120 Red Rising Trilogy ideas | red rising, red, rise quotes

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Good on you for quitting the vape dude, it's not easy but it'll be worthwhile. Hope you enjoy the movie!

• That's Metal 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

11 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Good on you for quitting the vape dude, it's not easy but it'll be worthwhile. Hope you enjoy the movie!

Very true. Part of me doesn’t want to quit because I enjoy that buzz... but I know I need too! I don’t have very many unhealthy habits but this is definitely up there. Next up is trying to figure out how to stop biting my nails, lol.

Biting Nails Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

Very true. Part of me doesn’t want to quit because I enjoy that buzz... but I know I need too! I don’t have very many unhealthy habits but this is definitely up there. Next up is trying to figure out how to stop biting my nails, lol.

Biting Nails Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Wolf

If you work that one out, teach me how!

• That's Metal 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Jarric said:

If you work that one out, teach me how!

For sure!! I’ve been biting my nails for as long as I remember and a lot of the time it’s done without even realizing what I’m doing... which makes it tough to “nail” down the how/why of it. I’ve even tried putting on that gross, bitter stuff to prevent nail biting but it never lasts. Gonna need to figure that out!!

Food Log Post:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.19c0b9db10250ea51ae6647eff25b118.jpeg

it’s a breakfast scramble from one of the instantloss books: 6 eggs, one sweet potato peeled and shredded with bacon and cheese and then I added a whole avocado. I ate the whole thing!! Good stuff! And now that I’m back on track with food pics, please resume your regular scheduled programming ;) 

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Peel citrus with your fingernails. It will leave an unpleasant taste on your nails that will at least make you conscious your nails are in your mouth. 

Unless you’re a weirdo and then crave that bitter taste. I blame all the bitter apple spray my mother used to use to make me stop biting my nails ... mmmmm, tastes like childhood. 😆

Maybe *that’s* why I like Negronis ... and can’t fathom wtf DH is talking about when he calls anything citrus “bitter”. 

• Haha 2

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Peel citrus with your fingernails. It will leave an unpleasant taste on your nails that will at least make you conscious your nails are in your mouth. 

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Unless you’re a weirdo and then crave that bitter taste. I blame all the bitter apple spray my mother used to use to make me stop biting my nails ... mmmmm, tastes like childhood. 😆

Maybe *that’s* why I like Negronis ... and can’t fathom wtf DH is talking about when he calls anything citrus “bitter”. 

“mmmm tastes like childhood” made me LOL 😂. You’re a funny gal ;) 

So, to Tank’s point, that might help if I actually had nails to peel something citrus. I have straight nubs! On the other hand, I’m not sure that would work because the bitter apple  spray didn’t work for me either. I find when I wear rubber gloves at Costco that I don’t bite my nails for obvious reasons, but even when I’m on break and I don’t have the gloves on I don’t bite them. Rubber isn’t really on my list of “this taste good” flavors so maybe that’s the secret for me? 

Week 2, Day 4

Weight: 191.8 (see! It fluctuates so much!)

Godzilla vs Kong was awesome! I really enjoyed the movie last night watching it with the kids. However, there was a point where Declan and Orin were thirsty and I was going to get them some water from the concession... buuuuuut they apparently don’t take cash, which is all I had on me. At one point I thought Orin was gonna cry because he was “dying of thirst” lol. They still all enjoyed the movie despite dehydration. The fight scenes were pretty amazing 🤩. Also, when I got the boys candy for the movie I had ZERO desire to get candy or chocolate myself. #WINNING

Besides the movie yesterday, I managed a long walk with Heather and knocked out 100 push-ups, with 40 of those being weighted.

I got workout #3 in this morning:

5 x 10 double KB clean and press w/ 35#

5 x 10 double KB front squat w/ 35#
3 x 15 cable fly’s 13# each side

12-min walk. 6 incline and 3.7 speed.

I also did a #SmoothPanther routine when I got home:

It’s been a good week so far and I’m riding the momentum right now. Stay sharp, Howlers, there’s a war on the horizon. Our enemy is silent and ruthless. It is the enemy of self doubt. Take up arms and prepare for the coming storm because we are the bloodydamn savages of chaos! And our razors will NOT be denied!

image.jpeg

Wolf

• Like 6

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I hear you on the nicotine! I smoke like a madwoman and wish I hadn't started. On the other hand I really enjoy it. Vaping made me stop for a year. But Ive not been able to slay the smoke dragon although I even did a challenge with that name here years ago. GOOD LUCK! ❤️

Maybe we should start an accountability group to help?? Nicotine is such a deadly thing to deal with and the addictive nature it onsets on people who smoke. If you’re wanting to quit, I’ll do whatever I can to motivate you and to help you do so ;). Team work makes the dream work!

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

.. buuuuuut they apparently don’t take cash, which is all I had on me. At one point I thought Orin was gonna cry because he was “dying of thirst” lol. They still all enjoyed the movie despite dehydration. The fight scenes were pretty amazing 🤩. Also, when I got the b

Around here most places don't take cash anymore. The excuse is the pandemic, but I think it's just a convenient excuse. Since we do the Dave Ramsey cash system, it's super annoying.

Glad you guys had fun at the mocie

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I don't know how I missed so much of your challenge, but I'm here to support you, Wolf-Brother!

• That's Metal 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

18 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Maybe we should start an accountability group to help?? Nicotine is such a deadly thing to deal with and the addictive nature it onsets on people who smoke. If you’re wanting to quit, I’ll do whatever I can to motivate you and to help you do so ;). Team work makes the dream work!

Wolf

Darling, I must admit that I don't want to stop right now. But if that changes Imma hit you up on your offer to build a team! :) 

• That's Metal 1

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

How fares your week, Howling Wolf? I hope those goals are falling into place so we'll see a resounding success on our Expedition this weekend 💪

• That's Metal 1

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:46 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

Darling, I must admit that I don't want to stop right now. But if that changes Imma hit you up on your offer to build a team! :) 

Hey, that's perfectly fair ;). No rush, I'm always here when ya need me.

We Are All In This Together GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 4/2/2021 at 10:28 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

How fares your week, Howling Wolf? I hope those goals are falling into place so we'll see a resounding success on our Expedition this weekend 💪

Bro...this week is going GREAT! I already have 20 extra points sitting in the wings right now...NOT including smashing all my other goals. This Expedition doesn't stand a chance. Chronosuit is lookin' shiny and fitting like a silk hammock, shotgun is pumped and loaded for blasting, and Venator's Knife is sharp and ready for slingin'. 

Letsdothis GIFs | Tenor

Week 2, Day 5

“A man thinks he can fly, but he is afraid to jump. A poor friend pushes him from behind.” He looks up at me. “A good friend jumps with.” - Morning Star

Weight: 191lbs

I learned my lesson last week. Early morning workout or BUST! I got up this morning and finished the 4th and final workout for the week:

5 x 10 chin-ups (the 5th set was tough, I had to split it up into 4/3/2 reps to finish all 10)

5 x 10 BB rack pull 95# (I decided to go barbell today instead of single-leg KB)

15 min treadmill walk: 7 incline/ 3.7 speed

And when I got home, I did my 4th and final (required) #SmoothPanther routine:

I busted out another 100 push-ups yesterday despite being a little sore and slightly fatigued.

10 Points GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I also went on a second walk for the day with my wife, donning the 20# weighted vest. I'm used to walking with it now and can't imagine an afternoon walk without it OR having Trixie on my back. #WeightedWalksAreLife #ItsBasicallyRucking. I went to my dentist appt yesterday afternoon before the walk for the consultation part and decided that in 2 weeks, on the 14th, I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled. My back left wisdom tooth chipped a while back and every now and again it bothers me. I'm not in excruciating pain and it doesn't cause headaches...it just annoys the bloody piss outta me! I feel like I need to put pressure on that tooth to have any relief. I have the option to just get that tooth pulled, but I'm opting for all 4 to prevent any future appt needed with another chipped/broken or decayed wisdom tooth. I can't say I'm thrilled about going under for the surgery because it's been like 30 years since I've done that, but I need to get this done. I'll also have to plan out my days better on the week I'm getting the teeth pulled because I doubt I'll be up for an early morning workout the following day. We'll see what happens.

Other than that, I've nearly completed ALL my goals and then some. I still need to finish out the weekend with walks every day (while pushing for 50k steps. I'm at 34k right now), continue to stay away from sweets, and add in some bonus points via a tire/battle mace workout and/or sword kata. And why not add another stretch day just for shits and grins? My overall goal for this week was to not only hit tier 1 of the challenge, but also get to tier 2 in the same week. I think it's gonna happen ;) 

image.jpeg.ea88c63bf39e1e33d41cc494b959d5a0.jpeg

Wolf

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

On 4/1/2021 at 11:21 PM, Wild Wolf said:

buuuuuut they apparently don’t take cash

Cash stopped being a thing here a year or so before the pandemic hit and I am having a hard time seeing it come back once this is all over.  Goodbye to the days of anonymous purchases...

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Cash stopped being a thing here a year or so before the pandemic hit and I am having a hard time seeing it come back once this is all over.  Goodbye to the days of anonymous purchases...

One might even wonder if that was by design...

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

We take cash at Costco so I forget it's a thing at other places lol. Oh well, my kids survived. I just know next time to stuff some water bottles in my cargo pockets or just bring the card with me. The cheaper option is cargo pockets though lol.

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

One might even wonder if that was by design...

Alguien jemand twitter GIF - Find on GIFER

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

Im so proud of you, dude! well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 

Thank you, Fearless!! :D 

Week 1, Day 6 & 7

“The Reaper has come. And he’s brought hell with him.” - Morning Star

Weight: 191.4 lbs (Saturday) 192 lbs (today)

I actual didn't dedicate the time for a walk yesterday.....BUTT...I did manage 5064 steps  working a full 8-hour shift. BOOM!! I got up early this morning with Heather and I already have 5682 steps which has me over 50k steps for the week!!! WOOT WOOT!! I'm not gonna log my steps just yet because I still have the rest of the day to get in more. I'm also "sweets free" for the week and not breaking the streak ;) I have wrestled down week 2 and made it my bitch!

We went over my dad's last night to do a little Easter dinner/hang out with the fam. We had Mexican food and I took the beef enchilada's and put them inside a tortilla, making myself a enchirito? Enchaco? Whatever it was, it was yummy. I wanted to do a tire workout today but I think I'm just gonna relax most of the day. Full day's off work are rare and I want to take advantage, ya know? Heather also got me a new hat for Easter so I don't think I'll order my "Howler" hat, I'll just use the one she got me as my tier 1 reward :). I have two food pic photo's to upload and I'll do another one for dinner tonight which will complete that goal as well. Now, I just need to take the momentum I have for week 2 and continue the streak for next week! So there you have it @Rurik Harrgath! I told you that Expedition didn't have anything on us! Hopefully we can get together this afternoon and play some Outriders :D 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Happy Easter! He is Risen! 

Pierce Brown's Howler Legion — Dark Age Preorder Giveaway: A Very Howler  Holiday...

Wolf

• Like 6

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

Food Pics:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.7f1f83de8d1e35229ae4ee0a9f64ffd3.jpeg

- rotisserie chicken breast on macaroni noodles with dairy free Alfredo sauce  and asparagus

image.thumb.jpeg.6224c0ab9d7d27ecfbec30550017212e.jpeg

- rotisserie chicken breast with dairy free Alfredo sauce and brown rice

(Heather uses cashews to make the sauce and it was delicious!)

Wolf

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

I took the beef enchilada's and put them inside a tortilla

The enchiladas didn't have a tortilla to start with???

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

12 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

can I come to dinner tonight?????? :) 

OF COURSE :D we always make extras lol

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

The enchiladas didn't have a tortilla to start with???

LOL, no it was wrapped in a tortilla, I just put it in ANOTHER tortilla ;) 

Wolf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wild Wolf

Spoiler