Asha's battle logs

Finally decided to start a battle log. Found this amazing community and on my second 5 week challenge now :)

I really would like to just get back into shape, and stay there. As well as keeping up with other healthy habits.

Not sure what else to put here, so I guess I'll just introduce myself a bit:

I honestly don't remember how I found Nerd Fitness, but I did and now I've found this great community!

I've graduated college, and looking forward to joining my other half and taking his name in May :)  I used to play basketball and absolutely LOVE to run, but recently haven't found the time to do so (plus, it's been cold out and I'm not a huge fan of treadmills....🤷‍♀️)

I have a cat that was such a cuddle bug until an extended relative hurt her somehow, and she became super scared of people. She's slowly warming up to being around people again, and I'm hoping that when I move her to an apartment relatively soon that she'll take that well (right now she's an outdoor cat, living in my breezeway with her four friends.)

I do various things for work and technically have four part time jobs right now, so life is pretty busy and finding time to workout, run, or actually keep on top of healthy habits has been a struggle. I'm hoping I'll be able to get into running again pretty soon here as the weather warms up and I find more time to do so.

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: Just as I am (20%), An Echo in the Darkness (14%)

Inktober52 | 2024 Books completed: Unbroken

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Book Log

Here I'll be logging books read throughout the year(s). Looking forward to watching this list grow. :)

[An asterisk marks a completed book]

> And will also link to Amazon for the corresponding book<

*The Black Circle by Patrick Carman (39 Clues Series #5)

*In too Deep by Jude Watson (39 Clues Series #6)

*A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers (The Mark of the Lion Series #1)

*The Viper's Nest by Peter Lerangis (39 Clues Series #7)

*The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia #6 [chronologically #1])

*The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia #1 [chronologically #2])

*The Emperor's Code by Gordon Korman (39 Clues Series #8)

*Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter Series #1)

*Storm Warning by Linda Sue Park (39 Clues Series #9)

*Into the Gauntlet by Margaret Peterson Haddix (39 Clues Series #10)

*Tying the Knot: A Premarital Guide to a Strong and Lasting Marriage by Rob Green

*The Rising: Antichrist is Born by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins (Before They were Left Behind #1 [chronologically before the Left Behind Series])

*The Glass Castle by Trisha White Priebe & Jerry B. Jenkins (Thirteen #1)

*The Regime: Evil Advances by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins (Before They were Left Behind #2 [chronologically before the Left Behind Series])

*The Rapture: In the Twinkling of an Eye by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins (Before They were Left Behind #3 [chronologically before the Left Behind Series])

*Left Behind by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins (Left Behind Series #1)

Unfinished:

The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien [Left 2021 at 53%]

*The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien

*The Candlestone by Bryan Davis (Dragons in our Midst Series #2)

*The Shoebox Secret by Lauren Luwoye

Unfinished:

Just As I Am by Billy Graham [Left 2022 at 4%]

*Circles of Seven by Bryan Davis (Dragons in our Midst Series #3)

*To Be or Not To Be: A Chooseable-Path Adventure by Ryan North

Unfinished:

Just As I Am by Billy Graham [Left 2023 at 20%]

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand [Left 2023 at 60%]

*Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

(20%) Just As I Am by Billy Graham (An Autobiography)

(14%) An Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers (The Mark of the Lion Series #2)

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Still not really sure what to put in here. I've been updating the book log as needed, but often feel I don't have much else to put in here with doing the 5-week challenges.

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

Note to self:

Don't do more than 10 squats and expect to be able to walk normally afterwards....... 😂 I don't know how many I did yesterday, cause I didn't count, I just know that I can feel the muscles in my legs that are used for squats.... lol

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

So, I guess I could give a small "life update"?

Disney Wedding GIF

I got married to my wonderful Mr. a few weeks ago. :)

• Currently working now full time (often feels like it's 24/5-6, not 7 though so that's nice). I've found it slightly hard for me to keep on top of my goals for the 5-week challenge with my schedule getting busier, but I'm slowly getting used to finding time to slide stuff between things.
  • Somehow I convinced my man to do pilates with me (honestly, I don't care if he does it or not, I was just kind of wanting the mental support of him being there while I do it). We're planning to start that towards the end of this current 5-week challenge (which I guess is tomorrow), so yay! [Maybe he'll be happier with the idea if I go running with him.... lol]
  • Someone had asked for wedding pictures, I need to talk with those in them to make sure they're okay with having them posted on social media and the like, but I'm hoping to share a few. :)

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

So. funny story about a job I did for work today.....

My boss had degreasing and deliming the dish machine on the list of things I was working on today (after a boat load of dishes that needed washed).

I've never done said task before, so I asked him how to do it. He eventually called D (my better half), and explained which chemicals needed to be put in the machine and that we just needed to run it through about 5 times or so. Sounds easy, right???

.......That was a lot easier said than done...... lol.

Put chemicals in? Check! ✔️

Turn on machine? Check! ✔️

Start running it? Check! ✔️

.....Bubbles...??????  :confused:

Open Photo

So the floor got a good cleaning too! 😂 We sure got a workout scrubbing up the bubbles!

.....note to self....put cleaners in in smaller amounts next time. lol

• Like 1

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

Feeling accomplished right now. lol

Successfully switched out D's turn signal switch. :)

Spoiler

Open Photo

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

2022 Goals:

• Read at least 15 books |||
    • Finish the Silmarillion Finally finished the book! Now to return it to my friend. :)
  • Read through the entire Bible
    • Genesis
    • Exodus
    • Leviticus
    • Numbers
    • Deuteronomy
    • Joshua
    • Judges
    • Ruth
    • 1 Samuel
  • Survive labor 😂 - Labor survived! lol. And now we have our sweet little girl. :) ❤️
    • Continue to keep Marvin (Betta fish) alive following Baby's arrival

> Marvin died already, so this in N/A now.

• Do Inktober52 - complete as many prompts as possible (One/week)

> Decided to skip this one this year. Might do Inktober when it comes around in October, but the way life has been recently and Baby almost here I think it's best to try this again another year.

• Stay relatively active in the forums
  • Work out potential business plan & maybe start business

> Don't think this is going to happen this year. Maybe once I have a space of my own to work on things

• Like 2

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

Level System

Level# - # of pts needed [total of points/points needed = percentage] date completed

Level 0 - 0 pts [0/0 = 100% (duh. 😂)] 1/1/22

Level 1 - 150 pts [150/150 = 100%] 2/24/22

Level 2 - 160 pts [160/160 = 100%] 3/22/22

Level 3 - 170 pts [170/170 = 100%] 6/18/22

Level 4 - 185 pts [185/185 = 100%] 9/25/22

Level 5 - 195 pts [153/195 = 78%]

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

I made a character for a Star Wars RPG that my brothers and some friends are starting to play.

My character is a Bothan with a career as Explorer-Scout.

---Rishpa (goes by Ri [pronounced like "ree"])---

"My name? Rishpa, but you can call me Ri....No last name... I dropped that when I left home, if you can call it that. All my parents care about are credits and knowledge, aside from losing what I brought in they couldn't care less that I'm gone. I'm really glad I left, but it's taking a while to adjust to having my freedom. Because of their hunger for power, my parents wanted as many kids as they could have - to them we were just a number. *Ri touches her neck, with pain in her face, where an inked gathering of flowers covers a number burned into her skin* Often I would find myself hiding or sneaking around looking for adventure; anything to get out from under the strictness in that place, escaping from the reminder that every tiny Bothan at home meant more credits for my parents and, eventually, additional knowledge brought in by my siblings and I.... Oh, that? *Referencing a scar on her ear* I was found once on my "adventures". They brought me back to the house and gave me that, told me I was lucky to keep my ear. I got better at sneaking around after that. Growing up, I was always told that adventure is folly and knowledge was power; I've set out to prove them wrong. I want to find power in my own way, not that just related to knowledge....anyways, it's nice to meet you."

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

2023 Goals:

• Finish reading through the Bible
    • 1 Samuel
    • 2 Samuel
    • 1 Kings
    • 2 Kings
    • 1 Chronicles
    • 2 Chronicles
    • Ezra
    • Nehemiah
    • Esther
    • Job
    • Psalms
    • Proverbs
    • Ecclesiastes
    • Song of Songs
    • Isaiah
    • Jeremiah
    • Lamentations
    • Ezekiel
  • Read at least 5 books
    • Finished 2
  • Hopefully find a house to buy
    • Found a house and moved in!!!
  • Avoid sugar as much as possible
    • Didn't do so well with this
  • Revise the current budget
    • Done
  • Reduce screen time

Side Quests:

• Workout
    • Intentional workouts at least twice a week - T, F
  • Inktober52
    • Figure out if participating
      • Participating :)
    • If yes, work on a plan for drawing
      • Sketching out things and posting them here when I'm done.
  •  

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler