Finally decided to start a battle log. Found this amazing community and on my second 5 week challenge now :)

I really would like to just get back into shape, and stay there. As well as keeping up with other healthy habits.

Not sure what else to put here, so I guess I'll just introduce myself a bit:

I honestly don't remember how I found Nerd Fitness, but I did and now I've found this great community!

I've graduated college, and looking forward to joining my other half and taking his name in May :)  I used to play basketball and absolutely LOVE to run, but recently haven't found the time to do so (plus, it's been cold out and I'm not a huge fan of treadmills....🤷‍♀️)

I have a cat that was such a cuddle bug until an extended relative hurt her somehow, and she became super scared of people. She's slowly warming up to being around people again, and I'm hoping that when I move her to an apartment relatively soon that she'll take that well (right now she's an outdoor cat, living in my breezeway with her four friends.)

I do various things for work and technically have four part time jobs right now, so life is pretty busy and finding time to workout, run, or actually keep on top of healthy habits has been a struggle. I'm hoping I'll be able to get into running again pretty soon here as the weather warms up and I find more time to do so.

Lover of all things Dragons and stuff

“The trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are, is that you very often succeed.” ~ C.S Lewis; The magicians nephew

Books in Progress: The Silmarillion (38%)

2021 Books completed: The Emperor's Code, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Storm Warning, Into the GauntletTying the KnotThe Rising: Antichrist is Born +6

Previous Challenges:  3,2,1

Book Log

Here I'll be logging books read throughout the year(s). Looking forward to watching this list grow. :)

[An asterisk marks a completed book]

> And will also link to Amazon for the corresponding book<

*The Black Circle by Patrick Carman (39 Clues Series #5)

*In too Deep by Jude Watson (39 Clues Series #6)

*A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers (The Mark of the Lion Series #1)

*The Viper's Nest by Peter Lerangis (39 Clues Series #7)

*The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia #6 [chronologically #1])

*The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia #1 [chronologically #2])

*The Emperor's Code by Gordon Korman (39 Clues Series #8)

*Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter Series #1)

*Storm Warning by Linda Sue Park (39 Clues Series #9)

*Into the Gauntlet by Margaret Peterson Haddix (39 Clues Series #10)

*Tying the Knot: A Premarital Guide to a Strong and Lasting Marriage by Rob Green

*The Rising: Antichrist is Born by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins (Before They were Left Behind #1 [chronologically #1 Left Behind Series])

(38%) The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien

“The trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are, is that you very often succeed.” ~ C.S Lewis; The magicians nephew

2021 Books completed: The Emperor's Code, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Storm Warning, Into the GauntletTying the KnotThe Rising: Antichrist is Born +6

Still not really sure what to put in here. I've been updating the book log as needed, but often feel I don't have much else to put in here with doing the 5-week challenges.

Note to self:

Don't do more than 10 squats and expect to be able to walk normally afterwards....... 😂 I don't know how many I did yesterday, cause I didn't count, I just know that I can feel the muscles in my legs that are used for squats.... lol

So, I guess I could give a small "life update"?

Disney Wedding GIF

I got married to my wonderful Mr. a few weeks ago. :)

• Currently working now full time (often feels like it's 24/5-6, not 7 though so that's nice). I've found it slightly hard for me to keep on top of my goals for the 5-week challenge with my schedule getting busier, but I'm slowly getting used to finding time to slide stuff between things.
  • Somehow I convinced my man to do pilates with me (honestly, I don't care if he does it or not, I was just kind of wanting the mental support of him being there while I do it). We're planning to start that towards the end of this current 5-week challenge (which I guess is tomorrow), so yay! [Maybe he'll be happier with the idea if I go running with him.... lol]
  • Someone had asked for wedding pictures, I need to talk with those in them to make sure they're okay with having them posted on social media and the like, but I'm hoping to share a few. :)