Welcome! I’m the married parent of 4 kids aged 0-7. I’m ultimately an adventurer at heart, though I train similar to a lot of Rangers (and I’m something of a Druid Paladin which is also something of an equivalent to a Ranger).  I love hiking, exploring, traveling, and other fun things with the family.  Since shortly before joining Nerdfitness, my physical training is typically built around injury rehabilitation (which happens a bit more often due to autoimmune arthritis) and training to be able to travel, explore, and play with my family. I have a pretty effective Disney World training system, and try to ensure that at any point I’m strong enough to carry my whole family somewhere. That has become more difficult as the years go on but I can still do it for the most part.  I am also an enthusiastic suburban homesteader bent on establishing an orchard and vegetable garden, so things can get pretty out-doorsy depending on my goals. My needs mean I do a variety of types of training, and my earliest two physical training goals were “run fast” and “be able to competitively play any sport I come across.”  I prefer to avoid gyms and do a lot of body weight training. 

We recently welcomed baby 4 into the family, my cat was recently diagnosed with feline dementia, and I am still on parental leave.  We discovered some nearby bakeries for sale, a way to give a physical location to our small cottage bakery, and are intensely investigating those.  I am off work for this whole challenge. I am also halfway through an intensive therapy round that seems to be helping quite a lot, as well as possibly having been egregiously misdiagnosed for most of my life. 

This challenge, we are going forward with business/kitchen buying due diligence, we move back into full planting mode at the suburban homestead, and we are continuing with eating a ketosis diet that has been quite helpful for us. I am working back into my calisthenics routine and may or may not start back with running. I am also continuing to work through the house, organizing and cleaning 

Goals: 

1. Sleep. As best as possible. I’m a nonfunctional mess without sleep and can sacrifice it for a few days ok but then I have to make it a super high priority to regain it. With le bébé here and being off work, this is a lot easier than it was. 

2. My basic calisthenics routine with Woody and Rex and Bo Peep. As well as spending some individual time with each kid exploring the neighborhood area, Just Dance sessions, and running or walking stairs or carrying sandbags up and down them. We started geocaching at the local park as well as fishing, thought the Mickey Mouse rod requires repair. 

3. Take one concrete step forward per day. This had a great effect on my mental health last challenge and also helped me to do at least one tangible, visible thing to make life better. This ranged from things as small as “dig out the replacement toaster” to as big as “reorganize the playroom.” I don’t have to complete the bigger ones as long as I make progress. 

4.  Take one concrete step forward per day career-wise. I need my job but I’m not satisfied in it and otherwise need a change. I need to hone/adapt skills and look for other opportunities. -> Currently, this involves working towards dramatically expanding a part-time business into a full-time business, which would have Jessie running that business full-time and likely have me also working it full time within the next few years. 

5.  It’s planting time. I have a raised vegetable bed to dig in, another to level, drainage to install,  and permanent  cinderblock sides to install. I have anti-deer fences to put in around my fruit trees as well, and I’d like to start a bunch of seeds. Also, some of my experimental seed fruit trees may have actually survived and those I need to get into the ground at the back of the yard. It’s too early now, but I also have my grandma’s Japanese yellow rose to place somewhere too and a second decorative pot to put in with paver stones in the front. I also want to finish off the fencing (connecting neighbor fences to our house and installing a gate) so I can let the dogs out/delegate that job to someone else. 

6. Therapy. I have a lot of goals for the therapy. I won’t accomplish all of them in the three remaining intensive weeks BUT I’ve already come a long way and I believe I can get the framework I need to live a happier, healthier, and more interpersonally effective life.  It’s actually fun and rewarding, particularly in light of my personal

discoveries and the fact that I was able to get my sister away from a doctor who was awful and caused a bad situation for her over and into my doctor on short notice. My little sister is one of my favorite people and she deserves quality care from a doctor who validates her. 

For tomorrow, we have a meeting re: the bakery to sign paperwork and gain additional due diligence paperwork. I want to take care of the shoe problem or what is necessary for the raised bed as well.  It’ll be a busy day. In any case, that’s going to require sleep so I bid y’all adieu. 

• Like 4

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

You have so many awesome goals going on this round. It sounds like you have a lot of fun projects ahead of you this challenge. I look forward to following along :)

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 11 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

7 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

Take one concrete step forward per day. This had a great effect on my mental health last challenge and also helped me to do at least one tangible, visible thing to make life better.

I'm really happy to hear that this mindset is working for you. I know it definitely helps me at times when I feel overwhelmed by "all of the things" because it requires me to practice mindful presence and focus on one thing at a time, one step at a time. Ironically, a relevant expression I say to my daughters when we go on long trips:

Daughter: Daddy, when are we gonna be there?

Me: Every mile is one mile closer.

Just need to take my own advice when I feel like I'm not making progress. Every step is one step closer.

Here for this, my friend. Let me know if I can help in any way.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

4 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

I'm really happy to hear that this mindset is working for you. I know it definitely helps me at times when I feel overwhelmed by "all of the things" because it requires me to practice mindful presence and focus on one thing at a time, one step at a time. Ironically, a relevant expression I say to my daughters when we go on long trips:

Daughter: Daddy, when are we gonna be there?

Me: Every mile is one mile closer.

Just need to take my own advice when I feel like I'm not making progress. Every step is one step closer.

Here for this, my friend. Let me know if I can help in any way.

It really helps!

Fencing: designed, measured, and ordered. 

Digging permissions and utility marking: ordered

• Like 1

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

I literally just read this in Marcus Aurelius's Meditations:

"Neither in writing nor in reading wilt thou be able to lay down rules for others before thou shalt have first learned to obey rules thyself. Much more is this so in life."

It's amazing how relevant a centuries old work of literature can be.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

55 minutes ago, WolfDreamer said:

I literally just read this in Marcus Aurelius's Meditations:

"Neither in writing nor in reading wilt thou be able to lay down rules for others before thou shalt have first learned to obey rules thyself. Much more is this so in life."

It's amazing how relevant a centuries old work of literature can be.

Tis timeless wisdom. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

The afternoon stuff all went well. I did get caught by a migraine whilst out and about without my my refill for the first time. I will say that I still get them even though I get a lot fewer of them. Normally I have them on hand. 

I am thinking we have a solid shot at this as a business opportunity. I really hope it works out. @Aquarii, mentioned your offer to Jessie as it seems to be something really missing from the current business that could help expand it. I will bring it up with everyone else when we meet next, which I think is tomorrow. If you have additional information you can always shoot it to me in the private messages for me to share.

I am excited. We still have details to hammer out but thus far my due diligence on the place is being confirmed by the additional information.  As I mentioned in the last challenge, I’ve decided to give myself permission to get revved up about this. 

• Like 4

Spoiler

On 3/22/2021 at 12:35 AM, Sciread77 said:

as well as possibly having been egregiously misdiagnosed for most of my life. 

Sadly this happens a lot.

*Hoping there will be a gluten free bakery item*

• Like 1
9 hours ago, doctorake said:

Following along, I love garden content. Please take some pictures when you have a chance!

It comes and goes. I do love taking garden photos. And fruit tree photos.  And shots of my cherry blossom tree. We’ll be getting out to construct that raised pot this year and finish the fence so you’d better believe you’ll get shots of those as well as shots when the strawberries and blackberries and blueberries and boysenberries  come in (the raspberries too, if we have any survivors after the Deerpocalypse). 

3 hours ago, Teros said:

Sadly this happens a lot.

I believe it. I’ve heard about it so many times but never thought it could happen to me, especially when I’ve been able to reliable notice panic attacks in others but apparently not myself. Brains are weird. 

3 hours ago, Teros said:

*Hoping there will be a gluten free bakery item*

I’m pretty sure that we will eventually if not immediately. The plan is to slowly introduce sugar free, lower carb, keto-friendly, and gluten free over time. We’d like to open an allergy free kitchen at another location, too, at some point in the future but it’s all sort of up in the air. 

We originally started with that idea as the other bakery was a building with a basically new kitchen but this existing one we’re looking to move on already uses nuts/has an existing customer base. Don’t want to take over the local family bakery and make ALL THE CHANGES either. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

56 minutes ago, Sciread77 said:

I’m pretty sure that we will eventually if not immediately. The plan is to slowly introduce sugar free, lower carb, keto-friendly, and gluten free over time. We’d like to open an allergy free kitchen at another location, too, at some point in the future but it’s all sort of up in the air. 

We originally started with that idea as the other bakery was a building with a basically new kitchen but this existing one we’re looking to move on already uses nuts/has an existing customer base. Don’t want to take over the local family bakery and make ALL THE CHANGES either. 

Ok, but the most important question...will there be coffee? 😆

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

1 hour ago, Aquarii said:

Ok, but the most important question...will there be coffee? 😆

Oh, there will be coffee. It’s already part of the business. But we’d put it in if it wasn’t because we love and live on coffee in this family. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

Oh, there will be coffee. It’s already part of the business. But we’d put it in if it wasn’t because we love and live on coffee in this family. 

100 Funny Coffee Memes Any Caffeine Addict Can Relate To | YourTango

I love when places have coffee, because even if I can't have anything else on the menu due to dietary restrictions, I can still have my little cup of black magic....ok, never little. One does not drink a "little" coffee 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aquarii said:

100 Funny Coffee Memes Any Caffeine Addict Can Relate To | YourTango

I love when places have coffee, because even if I can't have anything else on the menu due to dietary restrictions, I can still have my little cup of black magic....ok, never little. One does not drink a "little" coffee 🤣

We measure coffee consumption in cauldrons around here. 

Due to dietary restrictions at the time, on our road trip to Canada Jessie could have only have coffee at many of the places we went to. It was a great trip but I gotta get her back to Toronto to go to Gretzky’s because that place is awesome. 

Coffee and teas are is some of my favorite tastes so even when I have lower caffeine intake (which fluctuates wildly) I still drink a lot of decaf. Brewing these is a satisfying ritual. 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

We measure coffee consumption in cauldrons around here. 

Due to dietary restrictions at the time, on our road trip to Canada Jessie could have only have coffee at many of the places we went to. It was a great trip but I gotta get her back to Toronto to go to Gretzky’s because that place is awesome. 

Coffee and teas are is some of my favorite tastes so even when I have lower caffeine intake (which fluctuates wildly) I still drink a lot of decaf. Brewing these is a satisfying ritual. 

Oh, same. For awhile my psych wanted me to try lowering my caffeine intake and not drinking caffeine after noon to see if it would help with my sleep, and the only way I was able to be compliant during that time was by switching to decaf in the afternoons. I HAVE to have my coffee routine or I become a very not-happy Aquarii. I am one of those weird people who find coffee simultaneously invigorating and very calming/soothing.  Unless I drink too much, in which case it is no longer soothing. But I have to drink a lot before it hits that “too much” limit.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, Aquarii said:

Oh, same. For awhile my psych wanted me to try lowering my caffeine intake and not drinking caffeine after noon to see if it would help with my sleep, and the only way I was able to be compliant during that time was by switching to decaf in the afternoons. I HAVE to have my coffee routine or I become a very not-happy Aquarii. I am one of those weird people who find coffee simultaneously invigorating and very calming/soothing.  Unless I drink too much, in which case it is no longer soothing. But I have to drink a lot before it hits that “too much” limit.

I hear you. I love coffee. “Too much” is usually preceded by “no longer helping” and it’s not necessarily the caffeine. After a certain amount (10-12 cups) my body gets tired of the coffee. But even if I’m fully decaf, I psychologically crave it. The rituals of making it and watching it boil and bubble in the glass percolator on my gas stove is now about 40% of the magic at least. 

The last few days have been very productive. We’ve gotten a lot done. We’ve almost reclaimed the garage for our vehicles and we’ve gotten rid of a ton of junk in the basement. We’ve gathered a ton of business information and taken several steps necessary to prepare to buy the bakery, including the business plan, contacting lenders, beginning the approval process with my job (which I’m seriously annoyed by at the moment but is basically necessary), and obtaining a lot of financials. This far I have not come across anything particularly bad in the due diligence, though we’re all digging. One of Bo Peep’s godmothers may be partnering and I’ll need a name for her if she does. She’s done investigating through her network in the area and that’s been good too. 

I really want it. I want to make the bakery work, and within 5 years I want to have a second location and work the family business full time. Rex, our Chef, asked if he could quit kindergarten to run the bakery. Not exactly how we want him to do it but I’ll admit a part of the draw is having a kid so very interested in being a chef, and being able to give him experience and a solid foundation. 

Plus running a bakery and cafe full time to actually utilize my schooling and some of

my experience. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

So I’m having a really hard time with what day it is. 

Yesterday, we went to our first public family event since the pandemic began. Union Station was revamped right before the pandemic hit, and we went. Originally, we were going to lunch and to the DMV, but our lunch place had a huge wait even for takeout so we pivoted. The kiddos had a blast, Woody smacked the hammer game hard enough to ring the bell and win a prize for Bo Peep, Rex tried and failed and was super sad, we had an expensive lunch and went up in the gigantic Ferris Wheel. It was cool. 

Jessie and I decided to eat tuna melts after not eating all day and were annoyed/horrified to learn that they were an entire day’s carbs for keto when we estimated they were half that. Stupid restaurant food lol. I don’t think it kicked us out, especially since we hauled kids around the place for the next several hours, but it was frustrating. 

We continue to lose weight and waist size, which is good at this point. Today was tiring though, and I think in part because my coffee levels have been so high and I didn’t drink my maintenance level yesterday or today. It’s about time to pull waaaaay back. 

Jessie has been stressed about the house and everything we have to do to actually put it together so we’ve been working on it along with the business plans and the other nuts and bolts of buying a business. I discovered that what I thought was a simple garage door fix was actually a sheared bolt and bracket holding a pulley as well as two broken springs so I ordered replacement parts. I’m most of the way done reorganizing the pantry, we’re about 70% done with the garage, and we got rid of a ton of stuff in the basement to make room for the stuff in the garage we have to move down there to fit the vans in. (That is, no shelves can stay in the garage). 

We've made tremendous progress, but there’s still a long way to go. 

Soon, we will be able to move into the garden. We’re planning but I hesitate to actually go out and do much 1. Before the last likely frost and 2. When there are so many started-but-unfinished projects inside.     My plan is to finish organizing in here and then to do garden and fence, which will really help methinks. 

Oh. Anyway, I keep thinking yesterday was Saturday because we did Union Station but today is definitely Saturday, thank goodness!

• Like 2

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

Jessie and I decided to eat tuna melts after not eating all day and were annoyed/horrified to learn that they were an entire day’s carbs for keto when we estimated they were half that.

I... I have bad news about buying a bakery.

croissant westgate resorts GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

• Haha 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

6 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I... I have bad news about buying a bakery.

croissant westgate resorts GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

I’m a lot less worried about that. In our own bakery kitchen, we can be sure to prepare the appropriate foods and know what goes in everything. A part of our business has always included a line of low-carb/sugar-free/high-fiber/diabetic and keto friendly products. The business we are  buying has no such offerings in spite of regular expressions of interest, so it’s a natural improvement to make. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Sciread77 said:

I’m a lot less worried about that. In our own bakery kitchen, we can be sure to prepare the appropriate foods and know what goes in everything. A part of our business has always included a line of low-carb/sugar-free/high-fiber/diabetic and keto friendly products. The business we are  buying has no such offerings in spite of regular expressions of interest, so it’s a natural improvement to make. 

There is your very rational point. And then there is this. :D

baking home cooks GIF by Masterchef

doughnut frosting GIF

200.gif

Baking Chocolate Cake GIF

• Haha 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

28 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

There is your very rational point. And then there is this. :D

baking home cooks GIF by Masterchef

doughnut frosting GIF

200.gif

Baking Chocolate Cake GIF

I am generally more of a fruit, pulse, and Oreo guy. 

TBH, the reason keto is probably working so well is I don’t really crave sweets on it. Otherwise, I have a tendency to mindlessly power through a package of crack-we, Oreos, or eat an entire jar of peanut butter with a pound of honey. But the after effects are rough. It’s not entirely unlike alcohol, which I drank large quantities of when I was younger but barely ever drink now. 

Spoiler

Now for what I’m sure you’ve all been waiting for: the first garden/orchard pic spam of the season. 

We have our work cut out for us, but I am quite happy overall. We really need to weed our beds and lay some more mulch.  In the first pic you can see part of the second raised bed I’m installing, and this year unless something goes awry the wood will be surrounded by cinderblocks. Flowers that repel pests and attract pollinators will go in the holes of the cinderblocks. It’s a big job because we’re at a surprising decline and I have a lot of digging to do to ensure drainage isn’t a problem like it was last year. 

Our Elberta peach tree is blooming like crazy and I’m stoked.  The apples (Fuji, Pink Lady, and Honeycrisp) and cherries (Ranier and Lapins) are coming to life. The Ranier I just planted in November is doing well so far, too. I do have some black rot on some of the apples. The damage from those accursed deer leaves them wide open to it. I’ll be pruning that out (I’m late, thought I got it in November) and destroying the leaves and wood.  

So I guess, in addition to a trip to the DMV, today will include the seasonal start of my war against the deer. I talked to a local orchard and they protect their little ones with 4-ft fencing that keeps them away from the branches on the outside but is too close to the tree for the deer to feel comfortable jumping inside. Hopefully that does it! We also have a ton of weeding, digging, and installing to permanently finish the raised beds.

Aside from the fruit trees, we have 3 blackberry bushes, 3 boysenberries, a few blueberries, a single surviving raspberry, and either 25 strawberries (maybe more they seem to be spreading).  We haven’t fully decided vegetables yet but I gotta get the beds prepped before we can do too terribly much with them. So I’d better do it soon. 

F012C1E7-3E0B-4514-B537-589EE2CAEC78.jpeg

E0984900-162C-4DC3-9AAF-96E2B6159284.jpeg

58312900-DE21-4DAC-BC94-F603D9AEA048.jpeg

5A78F323-C9AE-4FD3-9CB7-3FD6AA5A680C.jpeg

FC5A4D77-0663-4FA1-95BD-FFB25D2DF6BA.jpeg

BB4C74D2-B37F-4E71-B17F-D148FF744E08.jpeg

5704C8A9-E7E9-4652-B073-E67B06BFF42C.jpeg

9FB22803-1F5C-4F06-8556-FB3D2D89D058.jpeg

154C4904-138F-4593-B707-A4B3C5A0EF40.jpeg

4C6C2992-CA76-4811-B26E-DCD59040A346.jpeg

69307BB9-BE4E-481C-978A-A3AAC777EF22.jpeg

5DC4F42A-F832-4695-85EB-BC551530BB72.jpeg

A1E843B2-AA07-47F3-87A5-6CFA2011B90A.jpeg

• Like 3

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Teros said:

Penis Gun GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Wear proper protection.

We’ll be prepared this year. 

EC287674-0CD0-485F-8CD5-7B9B3BF5787C.jpeg

Spoiler