Harriet's Written Year, Chapter Three

Harriet’s Written Year

I wrote in my first challenge of the year that I have three core goals.
Warcraft: I will attend to my mental and physical strength.

Weaving: I will do the work I have identified as my own.
Witchery: I will continue my spiritual path.

And two auxiliary goals.
Willowy: I will master sustainable, lifelong good eating habits.
Writ: I will track and journal like my glorious victory depends upon it.

Chapter Three: Millet and Beltane

I had a bad slug phase in which I dropped everything, but last challenge I got the leechen cloak more or less dried out. So it’s time to be habit building again, but not too fast because I want it to stick.

For zero week I’ll just keep doing what I’m already doing. I started a new habit of reading or writing a little bit every time I go to the internet for distraction or notification, from when I wake up until noon. I only have to do a small amount each time, but I check the internet so compulsively that it adds up. I’m also going caffeine free for this challenge. I am alternating lifting and yoga with one rest day per week, walking one hour and meditating five minutes daily, and counting calories. I'll report on NF daily.

My reports for zero week will look like this:
meditate:
write:
lift/yoga:
walk:
track food:

Week One I think I’ll add back spirit work (other than meditation). Week Three I’ll put the painting back in. Slow and steady so the habits don't get startled and flee.

• Like 9
  • That's Metal 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Hi, I like the way you set this up and I like the way you'll add things along the way. At least for me that works well. 

One day we have to chat about our respective spiritual journeys, your stuff sounds mega intriguing :)

you got this, depression or no depression! ❤️

• Thanks 1

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

4 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

One day we have to chat about our respective spiritual journeys, your stuff sounds mega intriguing

Any time! Look, I bought spring flowers for my altar:

Spoiler

IMG_8458.jpg.ae0bff509424fff4ee4424b1e1e4a840.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Here of course! Slug begone!

Yea, Slug Begone! (I thank you; this is a most concise and effective incantation)

• Like 3

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle the Bold said:

Following for the Anti-Slug Campaign! Love your altar setup, the flowers look beautiful. As a witchling currently in the broom closet (the one unfortunate side effect of living with parents), I hope to have a setup like yours someday.

Lovely, welcome! I hide my stuff when people come over.

ETA not that anyone comes over. Lockdown altars wheeee!!!

5 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I think you need to add a little bowl of salt to your altar for it to be even more effective. That's how the magic thing works right?

(there is a bowl of salt with magic acorns in it)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

The slugs will be exploding SO FAST! 😍

I know, right? There's also a bunch of candles so we have fire and salt. The leechen cloak shall be dried out for certain.

Following for the awesome 

• Like 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

Following!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Monday

meditate: yep
write: yep
lift/yoga: lift
walk: 10000+
track food:
yep

Today was a glorious spring day and the day I chose to celebrate Ostara with a leisurely walk around the lake, a ritual of my own devising, and a tithe to Terre des Femmes. It was a perfect day with chill winds and warm sunlight. The wildflowers were out in white, indigo and gold. I watched orange robins, eichelhäher, titmice, moor hens, ducks, and fat wood pigeons. Tonight I am cooking salmon, spinach and potatoes which I shall eat with wasabi and lemon. I have a headache, possibly because today is my first day without caffeine in, uh, my entire life probably. But all is well.

Here is a song that is decidedly not melodic death or progressive metal (which are rarely* appropriate for ritual use (*there are some nice instrumentals)):

Spoiler

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

I know, right? There's also a bunch of candles so we have fire and salt. The leechen cloak shall be dried out for certain.

As long as you are aware that these two may cause it to vomit from panic.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

2 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

As long as you are aware that these two may cause it to vomit from panic.... 

I am aware, thanks to our recent leech discussion. Arghklsmnslkghrrrr. Happily the salt and fire are symbolic and the leeches are metaphorical, so the leech vomit will not be material or literal. Phew.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

How are you? Is it as cold in Berlin as in Lübeck? ****trembles**** :) 

Today was allegedly 7 degrees, but felt rather colder because of the wind. It's back to grey after a single day of glorious light. Oh well. The skies know best what they ought to be, I suppose.

Tuesday

meditate: yep
write: yep
lift/yoga: yoga
walk: 10000+
track food:
yep

Oh spirits. I am very tired today. I sat down for a bit on a park bench during my walk (this has never happened) and slept for 1:45 hours when I got back. I had real trouble levering myself off the sofa now. Here's hoping I recover enough so that walking and lifting aren't unpleasant tomorrow.

Also, why does chocolate have so many calories??? And why do I always want x+1 pieces, where x is whatever number I ate? Is the sadness of reaching the end of the last piece forever, or just for fifteen minutes?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Also, why does chocolate have so many calories??? And why do I always want x+1 pieces, where x is whatever number I ate? Is the sadness of reaching the end of the last piece forever, or just for fifteen minutes?

Life is full of mysteries!  

• Haha 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

Also, why does chocolate have so many calories??? And why do I want x+1 pieces, where x is whatever number I ate? Is the sadness of reaching of the last piece forever, or just for fifteen minutes?

I can't answer why chocolate has so many calories, but I can pose another question: why must it be so yummy and yet so bad for you??? The sadness of reaching the last piece is just for fifteen minutes, don't worry -- you will survive it! Stay strong! Resist the siren song of sugar!

Am I allowed to want X+1 pieces when it's graham crackers instead of chocolate? If so, I approve of this application of algebra.

EDIT: OOOOOH! Almost forgot! Your chocolate consumption means you shouldn't go swimming afterwards for an hour, a good hour. (trust Max and Valerie on this one, even though the king's stinking son did fire Max...) 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

am super proud of you! well done! :) 

Thank you, my possum 🙂

22 minutes ago, Sparkle the Bold said:

The sadness of reaching the last piece is just for fifteen minutes, don't worry -- you will survive it! Stay strong! Resist the siren song of sugar!

Yes! I needed to hear this. It can be done, and will become second nature in time.

22 minutes ago, Sparkle the Bold said:

OOOOOH! Almost forgot! Your chocolate consumption means you shouldn't go swimming afterwards for an hour, a good hour. (trust Max and Valerie on this one, even though the king's stinking son did fire Max...) 

Whooo are those people? And why shouldn't I swim afterwards? If the answer is leeches again... 😬

• Like 1