enjoying your thread as usual! I remember the NF scandal as well... fun times! :) 

good job on all your goals! must get to your strength with pushups some day. its kinda cool if one is able to plop down like Michelle Obama on Ellen TV and just do a couple! GOALS!!! :) 

• Like 1

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

enjoying your thread as usual! I remember the NF scandal as well... fun times! :)

Whew. I wasn't around for that, but you know, I try to avoid April Fool's stuff. I mean, it's very shrug to me.

Planning on dancing for the win with that light and lithe body of yours? Just Dance! ...dance dance dance...

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Current NF Challenge: X

Level 3 Wasteland Traveling Merchant and Lamespren

Initial Character Build: S4 P5 E3 C5 I6 A3 L2 | Current Character Build: S4 P5 E4 C5 I6 A3 L2

Most recent perk earned: Life Giver

8 hours ago, Rookie said:

What's on the books for today? Hope you are having a good day!

Yep! 

I ran in the morning. It was excellent 

8 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

good job on all your goals! must get to your strength with pushups some day. its kinda cool if one is able to plop down like Michelle Obama on Ellen TV and just do a couple! GOALS!!

Yep! And surprisingly achievable goals - you'll see! 

5 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

Just Dance! ...dance dance dance...

Yep. Hey you should change your name to Can-can Carla 

So today I woke up late (noooooo!) and went for a run. It was pretty good. The didn't go full belt, and the time was a bit Meh, but I definitely felt like I had more stamina there. Its building up slowly. 

Did meditation later than usual, almost fell asleep. Duolingo, went and bought some gardening supplies... 

My eating goal was blown out in the evening because Flyer and I had a pie and beans and Fallout session, but apart from the pie and beans it was a fairly sensible day. 

I tried to learn the running man. It was about what you'd expect from an old guy who has already spent over an hour running. But you have to start somewhere. 

• Like 4

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Meditation: done but bloody awful

Food: mostly good but Flyer19 baked cupcakes with her friend again and... Well, you know. 

Duolingo done, and listened to one Portuguese (Brazilian) short story and some podcasts. 

My physical activity was just gardening. I finally finished this bad boy. Woo-hoo! 

20210402_182034.jpg.381cc0a53340c9a9b6b92738bba88711.jpg

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

On 3/31/2021 at 9:04 PM, 18ck said:

. I'm trying to lure some birbs to my nesting box. 

Come to me my pretties! 

20210402_130232.jpg.e4980ef23bd63f983895885ff697ce9d.jpg

There were about four of these little chaps and a slightly confused magpie all in all. This is about the time of year they start nesting so I'm hopeful. 

• Like 3

That greenhouse looks amazing! What are you planning to grow ?

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

45 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Hey !!!!!

The greenhouse looks brilliant :D 

We are hoping to get one too (but plastic not glass) 

Whats on the agenda this weekend?xx

Cool - or rather, Warm!

I am really excited now it's up. I have lots more projects lined up afterwards but before I can start them, I have to dismember the rotten old shed (more of a tool cupboard really) so I might work out some aggression on it with an axe. God knows how I'm going to dispose of the remains though. The allotment is right by a recycling centre so it should be easy, but during the pandemic they are only allowing people in in cars. I might have to hire one specifically for this which is a pain because I don't like cars. 

So that's part of my weekend. I also want to do some rowing (exciting) apply for some jobs (not exciting), make a video in Portuguese (ridiculous), go for a walk up to the allotment with flyer (see if I can get her to do some planting while we're there) and a short run with the Mrs. 

Flyer is coming up to GCSE season (she picked a good year for it, eh!) so I need to keep her motivated and on task through the easter holiday and then she can spend the whole summer sleeping and playing xbox if she likes. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Ooh, I like that greenhouse.

Me too! 😊

Whenever I do something like this I think of that line in Alan Bennett's diaries where he says he always feels very proud when he does anything requiring mechanical knowledge like fixing a burst tyre on his bike, because he thinks most people assume a bookish type like him wouldn't know how. I suppose I feel less and less like that the more I do it, but I still there's a part of me that can relate. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 18ck said:

Whenever I do something like this I think of that line in Alan Bennett's diaries where he says he always feels very proud when he does anything requiring mechanical knowledge like fixing a burst tyre on his bike, because he thinks most people assume a bookish type like him wouldn't know how. I suppose I feel less and less like that the more I do it, but I still there's a part of me that can relate. 

Speaking of which, there's a broken down old Luton van with faded writing on the side that comes and goes, parking outside the allotments in the evenings for the last few months. Sometimes I see it open and all sorts of weird paraphernalia in there and wondered what sort of meth they were cooking up in there. But then I met the owner yesterday. He's a scouse bus driver, in his sixties. Apparently when the pandemic hit, the guy he'd been living with died, and he moved in with some other people who subsequently got sick so he bought the van to self-isolate in. He spent a few weeks modifying it and now he drives it from place to place. Inside there's a bunk bed, a flat screen TV, a kitchen and all sorts, all powered by solar power and a generator. He has a key to the allotments so he can fill up on water and run his generator in the car park. The windows are all in the roof so that from the outside it just looks like a broken down, shitty old van so that nobody will want to nick it. 

So despite my greenhouse building skills, i have a looooooonnnnng way to go to match his level of competence. 

• Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That greenhouse looks amazing! What are you planning to grow ?

I'm thinking I might manage aubergines (eggplant) and scotch bonnet peppers this year as well as the usual courgettes (zucchini) tomatoes (tomaytoes), beans, carrots etc.

We used to start them in pots by the window in our living room but it only gets sun for a few hours in the morning, and of course they take up a lot of space for weeks at a time, and sometimes they don't really grow very much at all. So I'm hoping we get to start growing sooner, have more option, get more food and have less mess on the carpet. That's the plan anyway 🤞

• Like 2

Sorry, I seem to be doing this like a blog. I'll get back to talking about actual challenge goals at some point, I'm sure.

• Like 3

congrats to the beautiful greenhouse you built! Awesome! I also kinda like the blog style. How else would I have heard the story of the secret minivan! :) 

can you grow some stuff to smoke as well? I would get a discount, right? ;) 

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

can you grow some stuff to smoke as well? I would get a discount, right?

I've heard of smoked garlic. Is that what you mean? ☺️

• Confused 1

I must have got carried away with cost-cutting the other day because I seem to have cankled my subscription to Waking Up (the Sam Harris meditation app). I was planning to do this eventually anyway but I'd forgotten I'd actually been and gone and done it this early! 

Hm, I wish I'd made a point of listening to all the podcast lesson things before that happened. Anyway, no worries. I didnt do any meditation yesterday anyway (only the 3rd day missed this year, I think*) but today I did it fully solo and about two hours earlier than usual, which was quite interesting. Itbwas quite than normal. The wood pigeons were asleep and there weren't many planes. I didn't have his voice occasionally saying "if you find yourself lost in thought..." to jerk me out of my total lostness, keeping me focused, but I also didn't have him interrupting and disturbing me when it was going well. So it was both easier and harder. I didn't time it but I think it was longer than usual. I'll stick with this for a few days and maybe rejoin later if I feel like i want to go back to the courses. @theophilusmentioned the stoik** one and now I feel cut off from it. I don't know why I feel that way - I know about stoikism already but I'm curious to know how it fits into the wider Harrisian worldview. 

Um... Anyway, that's meditation.

My girls both let me down. Flyer decided not to come for a walk with me 😞 and Mrs stayed in bed till midday so no run either. Well, fair enough, it's a Saturday and people need their rest. Anyway, as a result yesterday's exercise was all allotment-related again: cycling to the shop to buy stuff I needed, then walking over there and smashing my old shed to pieces to clear ground for the next project (a raised bed). 

20210403_163305.jpg.b95c267e211d7f43dc8499cdd9c8b28a.jpg

It's a sad sight. Let's pour one out for our dead homies. 

Girl Water GIF

There's still a lot to do up there and I think it's going to eat up most of my remaining long weekend time. I might have to give up on some of the other things I had planned to do. 

Ate pretty well, as far as I recall. Duolingoed and listened to some more Portuguese podcasts. 

* the fact that I still think shows that I shouldn't have skipped the three days for I am not fully enlightened 

(sound of distant gong) 

** my daughter's IT teacher - a man so unbookish that he turned up to World Book Day dressed as a ninja turtle - pronounces "stoic" to rhyme with "oik" and now I can't unhear it. It has taken over my brain like a parasite. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

can you grow some stuff to smoke as well? I would get a discount, right?

Just found this while searching for watering can gifs for that last message. 

sesame street weed GIF

• Haha 1

I've been a bit sloppy on the food front - a croissant, a slice of almond cake and even (gasp) drank one of those free beers while I was working in the garden, digging and shoveling and crawling around and generally getting sore and sweaty. 

Flyer helped me for a bit and we planted some seeds in yoghurt pots and ate our breakfasts in the greenhouse.

It's Easter and I feel like this lad. 

IMG_20210404_145835_214.thumb.jpg.776036bc9a315ff71a38d4468fdad2fa.jpg

• Haha 2

Ugh, last day of the long weekend and I've just remembered I need to go and give blood today. I'll go obviously but wish I'd had the sense to book it in any other day so I could just enjoy having no commitments. 

• Like 1

Continuing a conversation with @sarakingdomin @Rookie's thread because I think decorum dictates that you shouldn't post more than about 50,000 words in another person's thread when you're not addressing them directly and I was in danger of breaking that rule 

Screenshot_20210405-092246_Chrome.jpg.a22aeb96376df2cef056d4b9302e3ee9.jpg

*chuckle* meaning the nail varnish I guess? No, ze little grey cells are very observant but I've been doing that since long before she was born. It used to just be a festival thing but since the pandemic I've just decided to stay in Festival Mode permanently. It doesn't really go along with the whole digging-my-hands-into-the-ground-to-yank-out-dandelion-roots aspect of my character though, and it doesn't usually last very long as a result, but at least there's the advantage that I don't have to scrub my nails if the varnish is covering up the dirt underneath, so it's a good time saver. 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 18ck said:

*chuckle* meaning the nail varnish I guess? No, ze little grey cells are very observant but I've been doing that since long before she was born. It used to just be a festival thing but since the pandemic I've just decided to stay in Festival Mode permanently.

You're tempting me. It's been a long time, but perhaps it's time for a nice coat of black.

Is there more to Festival Mode? I am curious.

11 minutes ago, 18ck said:

It doesn't really go along with the whole digging-my-hands-into-the-ground-to-yank-out-dandelion-roots aspect of my character though, and it doesn't usually last very long as a result

This has always been my issue. I work a lot with my hands, it comes off right away and annoys me. And yet...

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Great greenhouse! 😮 And I love your dismantled shed haha. Definitely looks like you got an upgrade.

Please send caffeine IV drip my way :) Hope your day is a little more energetic than mine is proving to be ;)

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

6 hours ago, Rookie said:

Great greenhouse! 😮 And I love your dismantled shed haha. Definitely looks like you got an upgrade.

Please send caffeine IV drip my way :) Hope your day is a little more energetic than mine is proving to be ;)

Hm... Unlikely, unless you've spent the day in bed! 

• Wow 1

I took the blood donation as carte blanche to eat whatever I felt like on grounds that I needed to make new red cells. Yes, I'm making red cells with this apple turnover. And with this kit kat. Look the kit kat has red paper. It's clearly rich in haemoglobin. 

Worse yet: i went on twitter. Mostly just to make terrible puns but there was a bit of the more dangerous and addictive twitter activity too. Not good. @fearless 2.0 saw me wallowing in depravity and staged an intervention. 

I've changed my password to randomness and logged out. But it's been a real crash and burn day for me. Oh well, never mind.

On the good side, the trip to the donation site was a good long cycle so that was good cardio. I had some time with Flyer, doing some fun maths, read some Portuguese, and paid a brief visit to the allotment and swung the watering can about a bit. I decided to give it a rest since it was cold (hot sun yesterday, t-shirt weather, then today, snow - actual effing snow!!!) I'll go back tomorrow for the next stage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1