poundingthepavement-web_orig.jpg

So I have been struggling on my challenges for a few years(understatement), but I thought deeply and realized what made me really happy when I was most active on NF around 2015. It was a rucking PVP. Taking this knowledge and what I need to do to improve myself I enrolled in the weight loss PVP for the next 10 weeks. I am right above 170lbs and would like to get below 160lbs by Memorial Day weekend, specifically Saturday May 29th. I leave for a week long vacation in the Florida Keys and am staying on the water and will be bringing my boat. I think that whole week will be spent fishing, snorkeling, spearing, swimming, boozing, and eating fish.

Mean-Girls-I-want-to-lose-3-pounds.gif

So obviously my one goal is to lose some weight. I also need to exercise daily. Yes daily, no rest days. Every day will include a 30-45 minute ruck(more if I am up for it). After the ruck I will lift Mon/Wed/Fri and then run Tues/Thurs/Sat. Sunday is going to be a hard 2 miler since one of my goals this year is to get that sub 6:30 pace.  Each workout is followed by my stretching routine.

eat-all-the-things

I need to seriously restart my eating habits. I have been pretty good the past couple weeks but now need to crack down. I meal prep for work and do great during the week, but the weekend is the put it all back time. So I am going to attempt to eat only whole foods with a lot of veggies. I already am there 5 days a week. Also as far as alcohol goes, no more IPA's and thick bois. I need to stick with mixed drinks, wine, and white claws/ultras. I also need to limit myself to Friday and Saturday only, as well as 2-3 on each of those days. Maybe I will try something where I can have 3 or 4 drinks per weekend. I'll play with it.

Goals:

• Weigh under 160lbs
  • Ruck 100 miles
  • Run 50 miles
  • Continue to hit my 2021 goals
  • Like 7

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

2021 Goals

Fitness

• Visible abs
  • Run 2 miles in sup 13 minutes
  • Squat 285 for 5 reps
  • OHP 120 for 5 reps
  • Bench 185 for 5 reps
  • Deadlift 355 for 5 reps
  • Clean 135 for 3 reps
  • Do 15 pull ups
  • Do 50 pushups
  • Complete a 75 Hard
  • one week of resting heart rate sub 50
  • GORUCK Heavy(Covid Pending)

Fishing

• Have all gear in easy to grab cases/bags
  • Eat a whole snapper
  • Spear a snapper
  • Spear a mahi
  • Catch a lobster
  • Finalize my rod layout in the boat
  • Begin fly fishing
  • Catch a blackfin tuna
  • Catch a sailfish
  • Catch a yellow edge grouper
  • Catch a keeper gag/black grouper
  • Target and catch a mangrove snapper purposefully
  • Target and catch a flounder purposefully
  • Target, catch and eat a slot Snook purposefully
  • Target, catch and eat a whole Pompano
  • Target and catch a Wahoo purposefully
  • Set up a bait pen
  • Catch some saltwater fish on the fly rod ~ 10 new species for it

Aquaria

• Set up one fish tank

Garden/Yard

• Neat and well organized garden in containers and beds
  • No empty containers with only soil sitting in them
  • Automated watering
  • Rain barrel

Video Games

• Finish Zelda
  • Finish Zelda 2
  • Finish Ori

Miniatures

• Paint 500 points of space marines
  • Paint my ork kill team
  • Begin thunderhawk gunship assembly

Board Games

• Play 4 new board games I own

Adventure

• Make the crossing to the Bahamas in the boat this year
  • Week in the keys
  • Week in Wisconsin
  • Book/Plan a trip to Japan
  • Camp overnight 6 times
  • Kayak camp on an island
  • Catch a trout on a fly rod(adventure because I can not do this in Florida)
  • Become scuba certified
  • Begin releasing youtube videos at least every other week

Reading

Car

• Get the body off the Miata
  • Powder coat/paint all the suspension
  • Redo the brake system
  • Get the Exocet body on top the car
  • Get the car started with the body on top(somewhat drivable)
  • Money pending find an EG civic hatch and buy it

Life

• Reestablish my emergency fund to 6 months of paychecks
  • Watch all Star Wars movies
  • Watch all the Marvel movies
  • Finish cleaning/organizing/decluttering my house edit: move out and sell my house included
  • Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

• doctorake changed the title to Doctorake Pounding Pavement

IC4HwX6h.jpg

Well I hadn't sketched out my challenge so there was no lifting but I started hitting the pavement with a ruck. 

Goals:

• Weigh under 160lbs
    • Didn't weigh
  • Ruck 100 miles
    • 1.62/100
  • Run 50 miles
    • 0/50
    • Read
    • Listened to audible

uXyqcbFh.jpg

also harvested some veggies

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

0y2YfhTh.jpg

Well I hadn't sketched out my challenge so there was no lifting but I started hitting the pavement with a ruck. 

Goals:

• Weigh under 160lbs
    • 170.2lbs
  • Ruck 100 miles
    • 3.22/100
  • Run 50 miles
    • 2/50
    • Read
    • Listened to audible

Fvl8hB7h.jpg

and this happened Sunday

• Like 1

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

On 3/22/2021 at 6:05 AM, doctorake said:

So obviously my one goal is to lose some weight. I also need to exercise daily. Yes daily, no rest days. Every day will include a 30-45 minute ruck(more if I am up for it). After the ruck I will lift Mon/Wed/Fri and then run Tues/Thurs/Sat. Sunday is going to be a hard 2 miler since one of my goals this year is to get that sub 6:30 pace.  Each workout is followed by my stretching routine.

Damn glad to see you and damn fine timing to do so!  I made a goal of daily walking/running, and as of today the daily walks have become rucks.  I did about 2 miles before work this morning just to get back into things.  It felt like the glory days of GoRuck and Division challenges all over again!  💪

Just gonna throw up this Attention Flare™ right here...

The Division flare release

EDIT:  Speaking of which... I just remembered The Remaining.

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

11 hours ago, Xena said:

I like that you have lots of bigger goals listed out in a bunch of categories.

I have pretty lofty goals and I understand I won't finish all of them, but it is nice to see where I should focus my hobby time based on what I am checking off. I am almost done moving/selling my house and then can really crank some goals out.

11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Damn glad to see you and damn fine timing to do so!  I made a goal of daily walking/running, and as of today the daily walks have become rucks.  I did about 2 miles before work this morning just to get back into things.  It felt like the glory days of GoRuck and Division challenges all over again!  💪

Next challenge we should do another rucking mini!!!

44 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Good luck with your challenge goals and PvP! 

That is some pretty kale - do you have a vegetable garden? 

It is purple kale, I bought as a seedling. I have a decent amount of veggies in bags/pots that I brought to the new house from my old house. I have some fruit trees also. I plan on redoing it all this summer when most of it dies off(South Florida).

• Like 3

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

Those are lovely veggies.

(And having a harvest of two snap peas is such a gardener thing.)

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

28 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Those are lovely veggies.

(And having a harvest of two snap peas is such a gardener thing.)

That might be my largest snap pea harvest in Florida. I really need to figure them out next fall.

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

5 hours ago, doctorake said:

Next challenge we should do another rucking mini!!!

Watch out, you might yet be challenged to an accountability or mileage PVP one week this challenge... ;) 

• That's Metal 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

CwfViHHh.jpg

Started my lifting on this fine day. Just did dumbell squats and OHP. I need to figure out my squat rack placement and order one for the new garage but I do want to do a few things first.

Goals:

• Weigh under 160lbs
    • 170.2lbs
  • Ruck 100 miles
    • 5.82/100
  • Run 50 miles
    • 2/50
    • Read
    • Listened to audible
  • Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

knee-pain-blog-colorado-pain-care.jpg

I knew this was going to come. I woke up with a really stiff knee. Not sure if it is DOMS but I think it is just being old and getting back into working out. Just going to take it easy and recover for tomorrow.

Goals:

• Weigh under 160lbs
    • didn't weigh in
  • Ruck 100 miles
    • 5.82/100
  • Run 50 miles
    • 2/50
    • Read
    • Listened to audible
  • Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

4 hours ago, doctorake said:

I knew this was going to come. I woke up with a really stiff knee. Not sure if it is DOMS but I think it is just being old and getting back into working out. Just going to take it easy and recover for tomorrow.

I have bad knees from the army, but I find that a lot of eccentric movement and side stability from (very careful) lunges seems to prevent the most of it.  But any time I take a break and then get back into things... yeowch.  I do not envy you today!  Hopefully it passes quick!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 12:53 PM, doctorake said:

Started my lifting on this fine day. Just did dumbell squats and OHP. I need to figure out my squat rack placement and order one for the new garage but I do want to do a few things first.

Getting a squat rack set up will be exciting - I'd really like to have a hardcore home gym one day (hopefully in the next year or so).

Great job on the workouts, and I hope your knee feels better soon!

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

5 hours ago, Alanna said:

Getting a squat rack set up will be exciting - I'd really like to have a hardcore home gym one day (hopefully in the next year or so).

Great job on the workouts, and I hope your knee feels better soon!

I'm at the point where if I can't work out at home I likely will not work out. I have had home stuff since like 2009. When I got divorced last year she took the rack and I installed a new one in my house. Now I have moved in with the GF and need to get one that collapses into the wall since we have a lot of "stuff" in the garage.

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

So Thursday - Saturday I had some crazy soreness/swelling or whatever. It went away on Sunday and I decided to just reboot Monday. I'll do a full update with my Garmin SS tonight but I definitely rucked this morning.

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

DNI6k2Rh.jpg

Back into the mix. I skipped weights to see if just rucking would upset my knee.

Goals:

• Weigh under 160lbs
  • Ruck 100 miles
    • 7.83/100
  • Run 50 miles
    • 2/50
    • Read
    • Listened to audible
    • Almost have my fishing gear organized
    • My house is going on the market in a week from this coming Saturday
    • After selling the house I plan on maxing out my 401k and my roth IRA since I will have zero debt.
  • Like 1

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

B6esHNch.jpg

moonset in the front yard 

Got into the trap of not rucking in the morning, which led to a long work day and then not rucking in the evening. I need to ruck first thing as my highest priority.

Goals:

• Weigh under 160lbs
  • Ruck 100 miles
    • 7.83/100
  • Run 50 miles
    • 2/50
    • Read
    • Listened to audible
    • My house is going on the market in a week from this coming Saturday
    • After selling the house I plan on maxing out my 401k and my roth IRA since I will have zero debt.
    • Ordered some fishing gear meant to respool all my reels with new line. These tools will make it much easier and quicker to do this than not having them.

nC5HyjYh.jpg

steak and mushrooms for dinner

• Like 3

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

12 hours ago, doctorake said:

Got into the trap of not rucking in the morning, which led to a long work day and then not rucking in the evening. I need to ruck first thing as my highest priority.

An all too easy trap to fall all too easily into.  It happens to me fairly often too!  That morning routine just needs to become a non-negotiable, I suppose!

I can't help it if laying about is so much more enjoyable first thing 🤣

12 hours ago, doctorake said:

steak and mushrooms for dinner

Whelp, I guess I'm having mushrooms for dinner now!  🤤