1423211804_Screenshot2021-03-22at8_20_21PM.png.63d030efce8b8e4261e2dd9c5f9346e6.png

I heaved a sigh and glared at the thick, foul mixture eating through the bottom of my cauldron, aware that the other students were noisily packing up but mostly ignoring them. I was so sure I had followed the directions for Snot Sealing Potion exactly, but whatever mess had burbled up in my cauldron looked more like snot than the clear, refreshing lilac in the book.

"Perhaps if you had paid attention to your homework, Elvenword," Professor Snape said languidly behind my head, making me jump and start cramming my books into my bag.

"Yes sir, Professor," I stammered, and hissed "Scourgify!" as I hastily waved my wand over the vile mess. I'd have to review the instructions later and take better notes - exams were coming up and I felt hopeless in this class.

Come to think of it, I felt a little hopeless in most of my classes, even though my marks were solidly average. Unlike most of the students who had arrived at Hogwarts as 11-year-old First Years, I had transferred in later. My parents were Muggles, and I hadn't even realized I could do magic until I was 15, much older than the average new student. So in addition to the history and literature classes that were appropriate for my Muggle grade level, I also took some classes with much younger students, like first-year Potions.

As I scuttled out of Professor Snape's dungeon and headed back upstairs, I was startled by a faint, ghostly feminine whisper coming from somewhere behind the paneled wall: "Sky Elvenword ... Sky, do you hear me?"

I froze in my tracks and the students behind me nearly slammed into me. "Watch where you're going," they snapped, and I melted against the wall to get out of the way, my skin prickling.

"Peeves?" I whispered back, "is that you?"

"No, Sky, listen to me. I need your help!"

Other classes were letting out and it was getting too loud to hear. I pressed closer to the wall, uncertain whether I was being tricked or about to fall for a dreadful practical joke. "Who are you?" I said louder.

"I can't tell you that now. After dinner, go to the northernmost corner of the Great Hall and use your wand to tap three times on the panel at your eye level. When you do that, a key will appear in your left hand. Use that key to unlock -"

At that moment, someone crashed into my bookbag, knocking me off balance and sending two of my books flying off the staircase. I yelped and dashed down the stairs to retrieve them before the crowd of incoming Second Years trampled them; and by the time I had scrambled back to the panel where the voice had spoken from, it was silent. I gingerly tapped the wall. "Hello?" I squeaked. "Are you still there? What am I supposed to unlock?"

But there was no answer, and the other students passing me were giving me strange looks. Reluctantly I tore myself away and hurried to get to my next class, but my heart was pounding. Who was the mysterious voice? Were they a good or bad witch? Why did they need my help, and what was I supposed to unlock with the mysterious key?

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

A mystery!

harry potter helena bonham carter quote GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Fun challenge! I'm doing a Hogwarts challenge too, only without the cool narrative, but with gifs.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I love this theme!!! :D

Grey Jedi Ranger

Go Beyond - Jedi's Pro Hero Challenge

Jedi Battle Log

“If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists! Remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit”

- Toshinori Yagi (All Might), My Hero Academia

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48

I can't wait to see what happens next!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I didn't even realize that my life was missing some HP mystique, but now it's tingling again.  :D 

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I didn't even realize that my life was missing some HP mystique, but now it's tingling again.  :D 

Go make a pie, buddy.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

original.gif

Hello hello and welcome welcome!! I definitely meant to write about my challenge and goals way before today, but life is extremely busy right now and most nights I'm hopping into bed with some reading or writing right at 11 o'clock.  ❤️  Now, that's not to say I'm sleeping at that time - far from it - but Attempts are Being Made.  :D 

So firstly, why Harry Potter?

I grew up in a weird intersection of cultural moments that prohibited me from reading HP as a kid, and it wasn't until I was in my early 30's that I realized there was nothing stopping me from reading them now. And, I am obsessed. I just finished Order of the Phoenix (so please no spoilers for anything that happens after that, I really want to be surprised as I work through the rest of the series!), and the characters' courage, growth, and humanness are - may I say - enchanting.  ;) 

And secondly, why this story?

As always, my story for this challenge is highly allegorical. Teenage Sky thinks she is trying to find the ghostly female voice that has spoken to her; but in fact, it's the other way around. I am the voice, and adult me is going back in time to find a part of myself that I abandoned a long time ago.

My therapist recently dropped a huge truth bomb that has massively shaken the way I view myself and my mental health. Instead of seeing my anxiety as a garden-variety mental illness that just happens to flare up sometimes, she specifically linked it to certain events and time periods in my life and gently encouraged me to see it as a trauma response, not just general anxiety. That absolutely rocked my world as suddenly a lot of puzzle pieces began to fit together; and for the first time in a year, I feel empowered to care for the specific parts of me that are injured and the core beliefs that generate these massive spells of anxiety.

Those specific core beliefs arose when I was a young teenager, a little younger than the character in my story. They're terrible things like, You're not as capable and competent as other adults - you're just a silly child and you'll never be able to make good in your life. Your romantic feelings and desires are shameful and you aren't allowed to express or even acknowledge them. If you fail in what you try, it will confirm that you didn't try hard enough and therefore you're lazy, self-indulgent and undisciplined. Your emotions, especially the "negative" ones, are superfluous and unwanted, and you best serve others when you keep them hidden - deal with those on your own time and don't saddle others with your tears. No one cares who you really are on the inside; what matters is how you make them feel and what you can do for them.

Ouch.

Dating my boyfriend Eamon has triggered a lot of those old hurts that I didn't realize still hurt. When he invites me to romantic play or physical affection, it triggers the wound that says I need to shut that part of myself away. When I get very emotional about our conversations or future planning (because, hello, feelings are half the story of romantic relationships), it triggers the wound that says those feelings are a burden to him and I need to shut them down. When I inevitably fail in my first stumbling attempts to have tough or vulnerable conversations (because, hello, I've never had a relationship like this before), it triggers the wounds that say I'm still just a child and a dismal failure at adult things like dating. When he invites me to talk about getting engaged and start planning for the future, it triggers the wound that says the only way I'll succeed in that endeavor is by changing into someone other than who I am right now, because who I am isn't good enough to be his wife.

You can see, of course, that none of this is really about my relationship with Eamon at all. This is about how I see myself and who I think I am - which, up till now, has been inadequate, shameful, and unworthy.

I'm not going into this challenge (or any challenge) trying to "fix" or "solve problems" or anything like that. What I am trying to do is really see those parts of myself, and to hear my anxiety spikes as those neglected wounds asking for some attention. 

Some of that is going to look like movement. I've found lately that cardio, specifically jogging and dancing, help me to release some of the excess tension when my anxiety starts to spike, and allows me to come back to a calmer space to think about what's going on. (I'm also having some fussies in my lower back and need to get back on yoga.  :P )

Some of that will look like learning. I'm only just starting to understand how anxiety shows up as a trauma response, what trauma even is, what's different about healing from trauma compared to healing regular anxiety, and what it looks like in my life. It's very foreign to think of "trauma" as applying to me, when I feel like I've had a very privileged and uneventful life for the most part; and thinking about some of my childhood experiences in this way has brought up a lot of very uncomfortable anger, nightmares, and confusion that will take time to work through. Therapy will continue to be essential in this work but I want to find good resources and practices too.

And some of that will look like speaking and writing. Processing what I'm learning and feeling with others who can be my "yardsticks" will be important. I've already been talking through some of my relationship anxieties with a close friend who has done a lot to help me reframe "dangers" as "opportunities", and I will continue to lean on others and not give in to the wound that says I should process all of this by myself.  :) 

So my actual goals for this challenge are pretty simple, and I'm not quantifying them or setting markers, but will use this space as more of a battle log for consistency:

• Herbology: I want to be really serious about my nutritionist-designed food goals for this challenge. I'm finishing my last session with her next week, so after that I'll be on my own with the tools and recipes she's designed for me. I want to get consistent with Saturday shopping / meal prep so that I'm making good food choices during the week.
  • Spells: This is the exercise part. I want to take a walk every day if I can, even if it's a short one, and to find yoga or pilates videos that I'm interested in doing so I can lure myself back to the mat.
  • Transfiguration: In addition to staying serious about therapy, I want to journal, read, and try to dig into my anxiety or avoidance when it comes up, to see if it's connected to a core belief that I can gently try to repair. Sometimes it isn't, of course, and it's just stress that migrates into a different part of my brain - but I want to get better at heading off the anxiety spirals by asking better questions and observing myself kindly.
  • Defense Against the Dark Arts: This is my Bible study habits, which I've been hanging onto with my fingertips for the past few months but really want to deepen. Some nights I have sat down with a Bible study book and gotten through a chapter before winding down for the evening, and those are very good nights - I want to have more of them.  :)  I always at least read a chapter or two, so that's my baseline, but to actually study and go deeper is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

By attending to my studies and practicing the best I can, I will learn how to defend myself against the Dementors that want to suck the joy out of this part of my life.  :)  Expecto patronum!*

*By the way, my patronus is a buffalo! What's yours?

• Like 6

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

30 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

. I'm only just starting to understand how anxiety shows up as a trauma response, what trauma even is, what's different about healing from trauma compared to healing regular anxiety, and what it looks like in my life. It's very foreign to think of "trauma" as applying to me, when I feel like I've had a very privileged and uneventful life for the most part; and thinking about some of my childhood experiences in this way has brought up a lot of very uncomfortable anger, nightmares, and confusion that will take time to work through. Therapy will continue to be essential in this work but I want to find good resources and practices too.

THIS.

I have been dealing with some of this on my own as some traumatic events have been coming back up and starting to cause hurts again or aggravating what's already there. 

I've really had to come to grips with the fact that being privileged in certain areas of life doesn't negate trauma. It's a hard belief to sink in and I applaud you for all the work you're doing!!!! 

Keep on keeping on friend ❤

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

“If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists! Remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit”

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48

Pottermore says my patronus is a beagle, but I choose to believe it is a bear.

I'm glad you're finding context into which to place your anxiety. It will aid the healing greatly. You've been on a long road to get here, and this is a major turning point.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hi all! I'm wide awake at 2:30AM because I fell asleep reading on the couch for an hour ...  :P  Today was a good day; I slept in a little, and after putting up my post, I batch-cooked lunches and dinners for the week, went to the store, cleaned out the fridge, wrote a letter to Eamon's mom, and called my grandma for an hour. I absolutely love the energy and happiness that warm weather brings back and I love how much I get done in the early spring days.  :) 

Tomorrow is a big day because my church has recently adopted a new practice in worship that's something I've wanted to do for a long time, but my family pretty strongly disagrees with it, so even though most of them don't even know I'm doing it I feel a little weird about it. It's an older tradition that most denominations don't practice anymore and I guess I'm kind of questioning my own motive for participating - do I really believe this is an accurate interpretation of Biblical teaching, or do I just want to do it because it's weird and different (hello INFP)? I'm not really sure yet, but I'm going to participate tomorrow and keep studying / praying about it.  Eamon and I also have our first official premarital counseling meeting with my pastor, which is also a big deal. It's actually kind of more pre-engagement counseling, since we're not officially engaged yet, but my pastor doesn't really have a framework for that so we're just calling it premarital counseling.  :D 

Otherwise tomorrow will be a quiet day - online church in the morning (it's going to be rainy), calling my parents (I've done a lousy job at building connections between Eamon and my family and I have no idea how to fix that, but calling them more than once every four months seems like a good start), baking cookies, and hopefully watching some Star Trek and enjoying the rain.  :)  Probably no exercise tomorrow but I'll get back on it Monday.

Love you guys!!

• Like 4

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2021 Books in Progress:

2021 Books Completed:

Is the church thing foot washing?

Now my mind is going through all the possibilities of what your church could be doing. I grew up and attended a Baptist church most of my adult life. Now I attend a Reformed church, which is more liturgical. I always thought that Liturgy was stiff, and weird. Now, I love it and really appreciate the value in it. Whatever it is, it seems good if your church is looking at the Bible, and trying to make their service fit with God's plan for worship.

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Is the church thing foot washing?

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Now my mind is going through all the possibilities of what your church could be doing. I grew up and attended a Baptist church most of my adult life. Now I attend a Reformed church, which is more liturgical. I always thought that Liturgy was stiff, and weird. Now, I love it and really appreciate the value in it. Whatever it is, it seems good if your church is looking at the Bible, and trying to make their service fit with God's plan for worship.

Believe it or not, it's the one thing that is arguably even less popular than foot washing - women's head coverings.  :P  I'm happy to talk more about my beliefs on the topic and what my church says about it, but I know that's a super controversial topic and it's not an essential Christian teaching, so I also don't want to stir up unnecessary controversy. For how this week went, it rained in the morning so Eamon and I watched church from home - I wore one of my old coverings (which looks like this) while we watched and then took it off afterward; and even though no one else saw me I felt a little self-conscious. Next week I'll wear one in public if the weather is good, and that will be ... different.  :o 

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2021 Books in Progress:

2021 Books Completed:

25 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

Believe it or not, it's the one thing that is arguably even less popular than foot washing - women's head coverings.  :P  I'm happy to talk more about my beliefs on the topic and what my church says about it, but I know that's a super controversial topic and it's not an essential Christian teaching, so I also don't want to stir up unnecessary controversy. For how this week went, it rained in the morning so Eamon and I watched church from home - I wore one of my old coverings (which looks like this) while we watched and then took it off afterward; and even though no one else saw me I felt a little self-conscious. Next week I'll wear one in public if the weather is good, and that will be ... different.  :o 

Oh that is very interesting. One of my friends covered her head for a bit, and I studied it, and talked about it with hubby. Ultimately, I decided against it.  Are you planning to wear it all the time or just at church? 

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

I wore one of my old coverings (which looks like this) while we watched and then took it off afterward; and even though no one else saw me I felt a little self-conscious. Next week I'll wear one in public if the weather is good, and that will be ... different.  :o 

I think its hard to do something that's "not the norm" or might be questioned by your community/society and that it takes a good amount of bravery to attempt such. Good job on being brave and trying it! I think with more practice you will start to feel more comfortable. In scenarios where I have felt similar feelings it was comforting to have someone "on my side".

On 3/27/2021 at 11:58 AM, SkyGirl said:

I grew up in a weird intersection of cultural moments that prohibited me from reading HP as a kid, and it wasn't until I was in my early 30's that I realized there was nothing stopping me from reading them now. And, I am obsessed. I just finished Order of the Phoenix (so please no spoilers for anything that happens after that, I really want to be surprised as I work through the rest of the series!), and the characters' courage, growth, and humanness are - may I say - enchanting.  ;) 

I am sooo excited for you and a bit jealous that you get to go through this for the first time ❤️ I don't remember what my Patronus is and I can't log in. I vaguely remember kingfisher or salmon.

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

3 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

FWIW, nothing says you have to wear a scarf thing, you could wear a church hat.

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Oh that is very interesting. One of my friends covered her head for a bit, and I studied it, and talked about it with hubby. Ultimately, I decided against it.  Are you planning to wear it all the time or just at church? 

Right now I'm only planning to wear it at church. I did a lot of study on this when I was a teenager, and at the time I believed in wearing it full-time - a lot of people pair 1 Corinthians 11 with 1 Thessalonians 5:16 to say that women should wear something on their heads 24/7, and that was my position at the time. But my church's position (which is unofficial, by the way; this isn't mandated or even encouraged, just suggested / permitted) is that because the rest of 1 Corinthians 11 and 12 are about practices for public worship, that applies to the head covering passage too, and therefore it's only recommended for wearing during public worship. I think that position makes a lot of sense, so that's how I'm going about it for now.  :) 

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

I think its hard to do something that's "not the norm" or might be questioned by your community/society and that it takes a good amount of bravery to attempt such. Good job on being brave and trying it! I think with more practice you will start to feel more comfortable. In scenarios where I have felt similar feelings it was comforting to have someone "on my side".

Hey Rookie, nice to "meet" you!  ❤️  Thanks for the encouragement! I don't think any of my friends are planning to start participating in this, but there's at least one other family who already practiced it before that sermon, so I won't be alone!  :D 

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

I am sooo excited for you and a bit jealous that you get to go through this for the first time ❤️ I don't remember what my Patronus is and I can't log in. I vaguely remember kingfisher or salmon.

Ooooo those are cool patronuses!!  :o  I'm really loving all the books so far and I just put a hold on Half-Blood Prince. Tonight I'm going to watch the second movie and I'll report back on how I liked it (the first one was okay, not as good as the book).  :D 

24 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

FWIW, nothing says you have to wear a scarf thing, you could wear a church hat.

I am absolutely not fabulous enough to get away with those styles!!  :D  But! A lot of young Christian influencers on Instagram go for the folk-singer style hat as a covering (like so) and look very nice, so I'm definitely planning to mix things up and see what works best for me. I've also been looking at Catholic mantilla-style scarves that I could just pull up over my head and then wear like pretty neck scarves or shawls afterward. I'm most familiar with the Mennonite look but that's absolutely not the only option!  :) 

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2021 Books in Progress:

2021 Books Completed:

31 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

I am absolutely not fabulous enough to get away with those styles!!  :D  But! A lot of young Christian influencers on Instagram go for the folk-singer style hat as a covering (like so) and look very nice, so I'm definitely planning to mix things up and see what works best for me. I've also been looking at Catholic mantilla-style scarves that I could just pull up over my head and then wear like pretty neck scarves or shawls afterward. I'm most familiar with the Mennonite look but that's absolutely not the only option!  :) 

An update! I had the inspiration (thanks to Tank's push to think outside the box) to look at Shein.com for inexpensive hats, and I found straw hats, fedoras, and baseball caps for $8 or less!  :D  I do have a few of the scarf / headband style but I'm going to play around with hats too, especially since we're coming up on hot weather before long.  ❤️ 

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2021 Books in Progress:

2021 Books Completed:

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

An update! I had the inspiration (thanks to Tank's push to think outside the box) to look at Shein.com for inexpensive hats, and I found straw hats, fedoras, and baseball caps for $8 or less!  :D  I do have a few of the scarf / headband style but I'm going to play around with hats too, especially since we're coming up on hot weather before long.  ❤️ 

I believe this qualifies me as one of those "Christian Influencers" you mentioned earlier.

• Haha 2

This is a super interesting topic and I'm super intrigued - I'm going to do research and ask some questions and see how I'm thinking of things. 

At the traditional southern Baptist church I grew up in, I feel that would have gone over SO badly. My husband used to get fussed at by the older members because he wore a straw fedora, but the older men wore more traditional fedoras and other hats and it was okay. Frustrated us both, honestly. 

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

On 3/29/2021 at 7:15 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I believe this qualifies me as one of those "Christian Influencers" you mentioned earlier.

giphy.gif

I am 120% on board with this.

13 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

This is a super interesting topic and I'm super intrigued - I'm going to do research and ask some questions and see how I'm thinking of things. 

At the traditional southern Baptist church I grew up in, I feel that would have gone over SO badly. My husband used to get fussed at by the older members because he wore a straw fedora, but the older men wore more traditional fedoras and other hats and it was okay. Frustrated us both, honestly. 

So actually, one reason I started researching the topic in the first place was because my Baptist church at the time was so aggressively against head coverings that I wondered why they hated them so much.  :D  I still don't know, tbh. And I'm sorry about the hypocrisy you guys faced. It shouldn't have been that way.  ❤️ 

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2021 Books in Progress:

2021 Books Completed:

Hi frens! Today was not great; anxiety was bad due to a trigger on Sunday that essentially felt like taking a rubber mallet to one of my deepest and oldest soul-wounds, and in addition to my usual feelings of numbness and mental "spinning", I also felt dizzy, irritable, and at times confused. (Last night I was absolutely certain that the on-off switch in my bathroom had been reversed, and spent nearly fifteen minutes being very concerned and confused. I don't remember that ever happening before and it was not a great experience. FWIW, I was also exhausted from not sleeping well.) I wanted so badly to hide it from Eamon because I didn't want to be a downer on our date night, but he invited me to open up, and even though it was something that couldn't have felt great for him to hear, he reassured me, calmed my worries, and also prayed that I would have the courage I need to face the sliver of the "what-if's" that's actually true.  ❤️  I still feel like such a burden to him and like I don't show him as much love and unconditional support as he shows me - I know he doesn't feel that way, and I know I'll gain more presence and confidence as I keep healing, but it's still hard to believe it on days like today.

Besides that, the day was okay - I couldn't focus to get much done at work, which was upsetting since I have deadlines approaching, and I kept snacking for most of the day to try to jumpstart my brain and that didn't work.  😕  I did take two short walks, took lots of beautiful photos of the magnolias and crabapple blossoms around my neighborhood, listened to a webinar about dance therapy and relationship anxiety (it was mostly unhelpful but mildly interesting), and washed my sheets and remade the bed, with Soji's help.  :D  

Tomorrow I'm going to try to do better at sticking to my eating schedule, and see if I can do a little cardio of some kind, even if that's just jogging a little bit. But for now, I need to get a solid night's sleep, so I'm headed for bed.  ❤️   Here's my choice of ambience for the evening:

• Like 3

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2021 Books in Progress:

2021 Books Completed:

As you gain more self awareness you will be more cognizant of how triggers affect you.  You'll feel then in places you're not used to feeling anything. The pain was always there, you just weren't conscious of it. This helps, because it gives you more information on how to deal with things. The increased sensitivity will also alert you to things sooner and let you start working on them before they get as big. 

Hugs for the rough day.