Ginny Weasley,Master of Spells/Elastigirl

13 hours ago, Harriet said:

This sounds lovely. And yay for yarn!

It was lovely, and a sign that spring is at least starting to be here.

7 hours ago, Xena said:

Agree with Harriet! I loved reading about the things your bought at the fair. Also your Easter dinner sounded wonderful.

Thanks. It was very good/

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Posting now instead of this evening, as I am going to a baseball game tonight!

Did my workout. Instead of 1 leg squats, I did single leg deadlift with my 30# kettlebell. I hadn't done those in a while, and thought it would be cool to do them. 

Goals for this week:

touch up paint on the windowsill

weed   a couple of areas in the garden

buy dirt

buy new sheets

So my orginal plan was to take a break from deficit eating and eat at maintenance this week. Then I remembered that next week we are taking a long 4 day weekend and going on a get away trip, and I'm not going to track food. So, maybe I will eat at a deficit this week. But, I still have some of that good chocolate, and my chocolate bunny, and a serving of the dirt cake (most I sent home with my son) so I'm not sure how the deficit eating will go. I will track my food, so that should keep it in check. 

• Like 6

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Nice job on sticking with your plan.

I like how you make allotments for chocolate. I have a daily hot chocolate routine (1 1/4 c milk, 1 tsp sugar, 3 T cocoa) that I sometimes think I should ditch, but I enjoy it because I love chocolate.

Were you spectating or playing in the baseball game. Either way, I hope you had fun.

• Like 1

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

9 hours ago, Jayniana Jones said:

Nice job on sticking with your plan.

I like how you make allotments for chocolate. I have a daily hot chocolate routine (1 1/4 c milk, 1 tsp sugar, 3 T cocoa) that I sometimes think I should ditch, but I enjoy it because I love chocolate.

Were you spectating or playing in the baseball game. Either way, I hope you had fun.

That sounds like a wonderful treat! We went to the game, it was our city team. They lost by a bunch, but we still had fun. It was good to be out with my family

• Like 1

Weighed myself, and I was back down. It might be lower than it was, as I slept in, so I weighed myself later than normal.

We had a fun time at the game last night. The Mariners lost by several runs, and didn't even score one run.I

t was still fun to be there , with my family, among other people, cheering for my team. Our  state guidelines only allow for  limited capacity. That was actually kind of nice. We only had to pay $5 for parking , about 2 blocks away. I think it's been 20 years since we paid that little. And leaving the stadium was easy with no crowds. The only other people in our row were way down at the other end. It was fun to all be there cheering for the team. We ate at Panerra for dinner. I had my usual Cobb salad. I like it, it's filling, and allowed me to keep my calories within the goal.

Slept in a bit this morning, but then set my timer and did a decent job getting moving. I'm trying to go outside on our back deck not to long after I wake up, and get some sun light, to help set my Circadian rhythm. It's still pretty cold, so I don't feel like staying outside, but I just go for a few minutes.

Did a rowing workout. It was a 9 minute, see if you can do 2K. I knew I couldn't hit a fast enough pace for that.  But, I thought I'd see if I could hit 1,500K. I made it to 1,350. Later I went on a walk (gorgeous sunshine) about 8,000 steps. I am so tired! I didn't feel tired after the row, but later in the day, I just wanted to curl up and take a long nap. I didn't though. I'm sure part of it was because I was up late last night. So, it's better to just get back on schedule. 

edit to add:

Things I forgot to say:

I tracked calories. It was a bit of a guestimate. I had a couple of the chocolates I bought at the art fair, and since they were homemade, I had no idea what the calorie count was, so I just guestimated about the same calories as dark chocolate about the same size. And, hubby bought lamb sausage at the butcher. Again, no idea how many calories. MFP had a wide range of calories when I inputted lamb sausage, so I picked the number in the middle and went with it. I also tried to listen to my satiety and judge by that

• Like 4

On 4/4/2021 at 11:05 PM, Elastigirl said:

I found a recipe to make gluten free/dairy free dirt cake

Oh man, I haven't had dirt cake in ages! I might have to stop on the way home and get ingredients. Earth Day's coming up in a couple weeks, isn't it? I always want dirt cake on Earth Day.

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Good job with the row thats a pretty good pace!

Getting up and out into the sun early is a great idea to get everything moving. Its way too easy to put things off in the AM.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

I like the idea of getting out to help reset the circadian rhythms like you have been.  I might have to steal that idea for myself and the kiddos!  

Simple Mills has so many amazing mixes!  They do crackers and cookies too, but their cheddar cracker are my least favorite.  Maybe I just got an overcooked batch but they sure tasted burnt.  I keep pancake, pumpkin muffin and chocolate cake mixes in my pantry!  

So excited for you...  sticking with you plan and you saw positive results.  Its hard when the scale (or strength gains) doesn't line up with your actions.  One of the hardest things to do is be patient while things aren't improving.  Wahoo for you!!!

• Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Slow is smooth

On 4/7/2021 at 5:51 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Oh man, I haven't had dirt cake in ages! I might have to stop on the way home and get ingredients. Earth Day's coming up in a couple weeks, isn't it? I always want dirt cake on Earth Day.

For my family, it was Easter  (and birthdays) we had dirt cake. Earth day seems like a good time.

6 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Good job with the row thats a pretty good pace!

Getting up and out into the sun early is a great idea to get everything moving. Its way too easy to put things off in the AM.

Thanks. I'm also hoping it helps me sleep at night

4 hours ago, Terra said:

I like the idea of getting out to help reset the circadian rhythms like you have been.  I might have to steal that idea for myself and the kiddos!  

Simple Mills has so many amazing mixes!  They do crackers and cookies too, but their cheddar cracker are my least favorite.  Maybe I just got an overcooked batch but they sure tasted burnt.  I keep pancake, pumpkin muffin and chocolate cake mixes in my pantry!  

So excited for you...  sticking with you plan and you saw positive results.  Its hard when the scale (or strength gains) doesn't line up with your actions.  One of the hardest things to do is be patient while things aren't improving.  Wahoo for you!!!

It really helped when I did it last year.

I love Simple Mills.I love their cracker, and the pumpkin muffin mix is so amazing! I  haven't tried the chocolate cake. This was the first time I've seen the bread mix.

• Like 1

I've been good at tracking my food. It's  been a bit of a guestimate. Yesterday we ate at my brother in laws house. And I may have had seconds  on dessert. Not a full second, just a few nibbles.😉Yesterday it was rainy and cold, so instead of a walk, I did a laid back rowing session while I watched a Hallmark romance movie.

Today I did 15,000 steps, with a walk in the afternoon and after dinner.

For my skill, I decided to work on cartwheels. My goal is to improve on how straight my legs were. I took a video last week, and my legs bent and were flopping. So, my goal is to do the easy variation of a cartwheel with straight legs. I also did some L-sit work. I haven't done the stag leg for  a while, and thought I would have regressed. But, I actually found it easier. So, now I'm pumped and have decided I'm going to do that for skill work too! Which is too many things, and after a bit I will wonder why I keep adding things. But, let's just have the happy moment right now where I do all the things! Also did a rowing workout. I think I would like to work on improving my rate.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

On 4/8/2021 at 9:36 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

wow, you always impress me with your skill work! cartwheels... I cant even..... 

good job!!!! :) 

Thanks.To be honest, my cartwheel is more a flop wheel. But I can propel myself upside down and not fall on my face, so I  figure that's pretty good.😉

I had a very nice weekend as far as time spent with people and sunshine. Not that greatest as far as food choices. 

Friday evening I was hit by the mood of  not wanting to stick to my goals anymore, and just eating whatever. I thought about it, and the issue was that I was tired, we were eating out , and I just didn't want to track it. So, I decided to let myself off the hook for tracking, but still eat a balanced meal. We went to Chipotle. They have cilantro rice now, which is  super cool. So, I had half that and half regular rice, so that cut down on the calorie count, and was really tasty.

Saturday was sunny and we went on a long walk, which was wonderful. I also did a rowing working in the morning. Friends were coming over for game night, and my plan was to eat light, so I could eat more at dinner.  But, I was hungry, and ate a snack after lunch. And still ate more. I was also making brownies for church on Sunday. I had planned to eat one for dessert, and I ate two, and some chocolate, and some frosting.  I did track the calories even though they went over, so that was a win.

Sunday I also ate over plan. Ate more brownies than planned. I tracked  most of the day. In the evening, I tried to log in to MFP, but couldn't remember my password. And the password reset wasn't sending to my email (checked the junk mail too) And so I can't log it. And it's stressing me out, way more than it should. I sent a request for help. But I'm worried that I  won't be able to log in tomorrow either. And I just felt like I needed that after a weekend of not hitting my goals .Deep breath. Let's see if they respond tomorrow. I could go old school and just write calorie count, but that's time consuming.

I'll look at week 2 tomorrow and see how I did for the week

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Friday evening I was hit by the mood of  not wanting to stick to my goals anymore, and just eating whatever. I thought about it, and the issue was that I was tired, we were eating out , and I just didn't want to track it. So, I decided to let myself off the hook for tracking, but still eat a balanced meal.

Excellent that you found the space between the impulse and the action, and were able to change the outcome to match your goals better.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Week 2 wrap up:

Reducto:

Track food

Did 6 days

week 0 =7 days

week 1=5 days

total days tracked so far 21

Reneverate: Master my morning

I think I did all 4 days. I was going to do a sticker for each day I stuck to my time goals, but I forgot. I'm giving it to myself though because I think I did it.

Expecto Patronum

Goals for the week

touch up paint on the windowsill

weed   a couple of areas in the garden

buy dirt

buy new sheets

50% of my weekly goals done. I  gave myself .25 points in wisdom

Thoughts:

I did track food. But , this weekend I still ate more than my goals. I'm struggling a bit on the weekend. I tried to give myself  some leeway and not make my calories so strict during the week, that by the weekend my willpower was all used up. But , I still felt that I was tired of it all by the weekend. I did make good choices  for several meals. My weight stayed the same.  At the end of this week, we are going on a mini vacation for a few days. My plan is to track until we leave, and just be smart on vacation . Eat slow, and enjoy my food.

Goals for the week:

if allergies permit; weed a garden bed

food list for trip

laundry for trip

pack for trip

shop for food

work at food bank

pick out some hikes for trip

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Excellent that you found the space between the impulse and the action, and were able to change the outcome to match your goals better.

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yes! 😄

Ride Pig GIF

6 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

has the tracking problem been solved? 

I hope that after my vaccine I can invite friends over again. We are in a bad spot here in Germany. The government doesnt really do anything to get the numbers down.. ughhh

Hope you are doing well today! :) 

Yes the tracking problem got solved. I still hadn't heard anything from them this morning, when I went to track breakfast. So, I wasted more time trying to remember my password. Then logged my calories on Sparkpeople(another free tracker) Then I sent MFP another note, This time they responded, and told me it was a known issue they were working on. Then  a little later, I got  a password reset email.

3 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

Hello, popping in to saying i'm following now!

Bom Dia Hello GIF

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I tried to give myself  some leeway and not make my calories so strict during the week, that by the weekend my willpower was all used up. But , I still felt that I was tired of it all by the weekend.

How much meal planning do you do? Just thinking that if I create a plan ahead of time, it doesn't feel like I'm using so much willpower in the moment, because the decision has already been made. So if your meals through the week are planned out, you could have more leeway on the weekend and also not feel like you've used up all your decision-making for the week. Which probably isn't news to you, but figured it was worth mentioning.

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

14 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

How much meal planning do you do? Just thinking that if I create a plan ahead of time, it doesn't feel like I'm using so much willpower in the moment, because the decision has already been made. So if your meals through the week are planned out, you could have more leeway on the weekend and also not feel like you've used up all your decision-making for the week. Which probably isn't news to you, but figured it was worth mentioning.

I'm pretty good at meal planning, so I don't think that's it. It's a good thought though to see if I can figure out way to make it so I don't have to use as much willpower during the week. 

Today was interesting as far as meal times. We were working at the food bank, and needed to be there by 5:30, so we ate dinner at 4:30. Then had a snack when I came home. Ate lunch around 12;30. I really wanted a snack around 3 (my normal snack time) but kept delaying it, and keeping myself busy. I don't think it was hunger as much as just what my body is used to. Anyway,  I am chalking it up as a win. One thing I feel like is that I am doing poorly at using self control to wait  for a meal time  if I am sort of hungry. Today was a win in that area though!

Did a rowing workout, did some L-sit practice, and went on a walk. I was slow getting going in the morning. I decided to skip cartwheel practice as I was short on time. If I want to do more, I need to get moving quicker. I could have skipped the walk, but it was gorgeous warm sunshine.

• Like 2

Got back from our mini vacation. It was amazing. The weather was perfect. Mid to upper 70's. Our hotel overlooked a river. We spent time just reading, relaxing, and river gazing. One evening we saw deer. There were also marmots near the hotel, so we watched them. We had a good mix of trail walking, geocaching, and shopping and eating in town.  It was a good blend of quiet in nature , and also being in town and feeling all the good town vibes. While we were  geocaching, we spotted another couple geocaching, and so we looked for the cache together which was fun .And then they found one that had stumped us.

Did lots of walking. NF app had movement snacks, and I did a few of them.On Saturday, I did a few rounds of one legged squats and single leg raise.

Food- I wasn't counting calories.  I did try and eat slow, and really savor the food.  The town had an ice cream shop with amazing sorbet- and we had that three days- because vacation. I tried to make good choices, opting for leaner meats some of the times, and salads over fries. I had a sort of rule of no snacks, but I had lots of snacks. Not just the dessert(good choice) but also snacks at the hotel. We had snacks around, and they were out, so I ended up eating them. I don't think I will try that rule next time. It seemed like eating slow, using all five senses, and having my big calories choices be things that I would really enjoy  seemed better.

Today, I got right back at it. Tracking meals. I made a dinner meal plan for the rest of the weeks. I stir fried cabbage and carrots tonight, with tons of leftovers. I also cooked up some chicken to have for ready protein.

• Like 2

Week in review

Reducto

2.5 days of tracking

Reenverate

Wise mornings

no points Obviously didn't try on vacation, but struggled during the time before

Expecto Patronum

week plans

if allergies permit; weed a garden bed- nope my allergies were bad, 

food list for trip

laundry for trip

pack for trip

shop for food

work at food bank

pick out some hikes for trip

.5 wisdom awarded

• Like 1