cn3wton - Food Showdown

I'm excited for the weekend! Will go into more detail in my battle log.

I am officially 5 lbs down since starting! I know initial weight isn't always what to expect, but it is also positive to see the scale going in the right direction!

Time to crush the rest of this challenge!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

4 hours ago, cn3wton said:

It is tons of fun! And while its certainly not as safe as not throwing axes. With the proper precautions its actually relatively safe!

I completely agree and don't think it's a bad idea.  Picturing it next to a firepit I can't help but expect to see drinking at the same time.  Drinking and proper precautions are a difficult pair!  I expect you will get a lot of enjoyment from it though.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Axe throwing sounds a lot more fun than darts

But harder to score. Is your score the highest zone you cross? The lowest? The average? Honestly, there's a reason  for the narrow tips.

betting around the world GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 4/23/2021 at 5:20 PM, Shello said:

I completely agree and don't think it's a bad idea.  Picturing it next to a firepit I can't help but expect to see drinking at the same time.  Drinking and proper precautions are a difficult pair!  I expect you will get a lot of enjoyment from it though.  

Ah yes I understand what your getting at. Rest assured I will do everything in my  power to prevent accidents!

On 4/25/2021 at 1:22 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Axe throwing sounds a lot more fun than darts

10 times more fun!

On 4/25/2021 at 7:05 AM, sarakingdom said:

But harder to score. Is your score the highest zone you cross? The lowest? The average? Honestly, there's a reason  for the narrow tips.

betting around the world GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

So with axe throwing you score whatever is highest that the blade of your head is in. So lets say your axe is on the line of 3 but mostly in 2, you get 2 points. At least thats how I play to keep things simple. Even if the plade head just barely touches the line it counts.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

The assassin and the butcher bounty have been claimed as of this weekend!

Got a ton done over the weekend and I feel extremely accomplished. I will share more photos in my battle log of some of the stuff I did this weekend. But it feels really good to be knocking these projects out!

I am officially down 10lbs and am seeing a great trend of weight loss each check in. I am weighing myself every day. I don't expect consistent weightless every day. I don't expect to always lose weight either. There is so much that goes into it. From water weight, to activity, to even how I stand on the scale! But that's ok. For me the scale is part of the routine. The old routine I did when I was healthy. Its a conscious effort to pay attention to my body and keep an eye on it. It means I am trying to care for myself. 

So this brings my last week. Which is arguably going to be the hardest boss to defeat. The included attic space will make it a bit easier to defeat the boss (AKA get the garage cleaned out and swept and mopped EVERYWHERE)

Clues are easy. I am making great choices every day and tracking every day. I am settling into a good routine. In 2-3 weeks it should be even easier.

• Like 3

Yesterday I ate extremely extremely well. A spring mix salad with blueberries and raspberries. Drizzled some cold press olive oil on it with a fresh squeezed lemon. Add some salt and pepper and it was pretty alright.

Did DDPY with my new heart monitor last night and got a great workout in.

That's why this morning was such a let down. I jump on the scale and it says I gained 5lbs YESTERDAY! I was shocked. I move the scale out from the wall and think about it. Is it possible? I step on the scale quick and take my foot off. It drops down and stays at 8.9. Ok so maybe the scale is off. Do it again and it flashes zero. Get back on again and it shows a 1lb gain. Ok thats not so bad anything can explain that.

Move to the other scale. It shows that I have lost 8lbs since yesterday! That can't be right. I pull the scale out, zero it again and step on. It shows that I remained the weight I was yesterday. Ok that sounds about right.

So I am going to have to do some work with my scales tonight to get to the bottom of this. While I am not worried about the day to day numbers so much it has to be reading me accurately. I may try to jump on a shipping scale here at work to get a better idea of what's going on when no ones around.

Despite everything I think part of me hoped to see even a little progress downwards after yesterdays perfect day. But I remember when I lost weight before typically I saw the results 2 days after the really good day. Probably because both days where good but who knows. I am still coming in under calories every day. Getting work done. And feeling great and that is what is most important!

• Like 3

Scales are dumb! - even smart scales.  I usually get on mine a few times each morning during my post bathroom/pre shower routine.  It's rarely the same and sometimes very different!  As a general rule I usually record the lowest but occasionally the lowest seems to be the outlier so I'll pick the lowest of the ones in a similar range.  I figure as long as I'm consistent in which one I'm recording,  I'm getting consistent data on weight change.  I will often have days where the scale results don't match my expectations based on my choices the previous day but knowing how sketchy that number is makes it easier to take those weird weight gain days with a grain of salt.  

Great job for having such a kick ass day no matter what the scale says! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I find that my weight fluctuates on a 2-3 day delay, so if I eat really poorly one day I could be down the next day but then up a few days later.  The same goes the other way when I could have a couple of really great days but the scale still goes up before it comes down.  Bodies are weird.

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

20 hours ago, Shello said:

Scales are dumb! - even smart scales.  I usually get on mine a few times each morning during my post bathroom/pre shower routine.  It's rarely the same and sometimes very different!  As a general rule I usually record the lowest but occasionally the lowest seems to be the outlier so I'll pick the lowest of the ones in a similar range.  I figure as long as I'm consistent in which one I'm recording,  I'm getting consistent data on weight change.  I will often have days where the scale results don't match my expectations based on my choices the previous day but knowing how sketchy that number is makes it easier to take those weird weight gain days with a grain of salt.  

Great job for having such a kick ass day no matter what the scale says! 

Thank you! I am going to keep both scales for awhile now. But things are progressing well and your support is always appreciated!

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I find that my weight fluctuates on a 2-3 day delay, so if I eat really poorly one day I could be down the next day but then up a few days later.  The same goes the other way when I could have a couple of really great days but the scale still goes up before it comes down.  Bodies are weird.

So I remember seeing that pattern when I lost weight before as well. The 2-3 day delay of food related weight stuff. Right now the big thing I am using to see if I am doing the right thing is hunger in themornings. If I am hungry before I end my fast I know I probably didn't eat enough or the right things the night before.

Bodies are wierd that is for sure!

• Like 3

This weekend fast approaches! I get my 2nd COVID vaccine shot this saturday so we will see if I am able to finish stuff in the garage if I get side effects. Heres hoping I don't.

I am really excited to jump into the shop and get that up and running. 

Food has been on point and I am so happy to say that. It feels like I have been eating "right" forever and thats a great feeling. It has not been hard for me to make the right choices the last week and a half. I think a huge part of it is the real life support of my friend. But can't discount the forum either!

• Like 3

So I am going to cap this challenge off as a success!

I was not able to collect the final bounty. The amount of stuff in the garage was just too much and the persistent rain this weekend did not help.

HOWEVER

The clues where the most important part. Since this challenge started I have lost at least 17 lbs. While the majority of that (if not all) is from the last 2 weeks this challenge has helped me stay accountable along with the addition of a friend who has joined with me. 

The PVP aspect did not make it out of the first week sadly. I was overwhelmed at the beginning of thi schallenge with everything going on. But I am in a much better place now! I'm off to think about the next challenges theme!

• Like 3