3871a10c7fd449c93ddec7b8d8a3e213.jpg.97cf5153a5de7ef740f669a6fe2dca52.jpg

original.gif.92a0bca525297e98690bcc782c55ffc0.gif

IMG_0119.GIF.7b8dce29393915feecfd7ff48b36af80.GIF

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

RingedAppropriateHerring-size_restricted.gif.f0bbd2d8d4e8067519aa344c181670dc.gif

Alright, enough fun with gifs, on to the biggest, baddest, final challenge.

I am taking up my nerd fitness Queen of the Jungle persona one last time, to fight the two-headed monster that is keeping me from my goals, my aspirations, and the glitter bikini top I want to wear this summer.  I am giving myself three challenge cycles to slay the beast, and if I do not succeed, I will accept that my fitness journey is over and begin the long, slow slide into entropy and sloth. 

10-sloth-gifs-everyone-needs-in-their-life.gif.8f063653632be82091b10f44882c27c1.gif

The two heads of the monster have names. Names that would strike fear into the very heart of a lesser queen, and even make me shiver slightly and look into the dark corners carefully. 

unnamed.gif.7d847f753e4236353782b9b3e6303e7b.gif

that monster above has too many heads, but I couldn't find a better one. Don't @ me. 

C'mon now, let's all stay focused here. Where were we? Oh yes, the dreaded names of the beast...

NUTRITION          and                     OVERWHELM 

(screaming noises)

BiodegradableIndelibleKusimanse-max-1mb.gif.41feb7824e88638b500ea80bc500c4af.gif

Appropriately for a two-headed monster, they are in some ways two sides of the same coin. I worked briefly with a NF coach in January, and the most useful thing that came out of it was that when I got overwhelmed, my nutrition and self-care (things like sleep and sanity, not face masks and massages) were the first thing out the window. Likewise, if I am run down, not taking care of myself, and not eating correctly, the rest of my life seems to spin rapidly out of control. 

Usually I try to work on my nutrition in the background while I attempt something more entertaining, because I find it tedious. Demons shoved out of sight rarely wither away, however; instead, they crawl into the basement of your soul and lift weights, slowly growing stronger. At the peak of my frustration with my health in January, I really thought that I was scratching at the edge of an eating disorder, with cycles of fasting and binging, and I got to the point where I couldn't figure out WHAT I should be eating - what was "right" - and so I started demonizing and hating food. This (coupled with the quarantine 15 that I gained over 2020) has made me realize I need to slam on the brakes and normalize my relationship with food before things get REALLY scary. 

DismalMaleInganue-max-1mb.gif.c8b5a1ee6882f04773cb13bcf9158ffb.gif

I make a lot of jokes, because it takes a lot for me to admit stuff like this. I pride myself on being really self-sufficient. It took a lot to be willing to work with the coach even for a short time. But I genuinely scared myself and I need to back off the stuff like trying to be super-strict paleo , and intermittent fasting, and whatnot and just try to be very conscious of getting nutrient dense food in a rational manner.

For the nutrition monster, therefore the rules are these: 

- The Queen must eat at least twice a day.  Fasting is no longer allowed in this kingdom. 

- there must be two forms of cooked protein in the refrigerator at all times.

- There are no forbidden foods, only items that should be approached with moderation. 

- I must keep a lunchbox packed and with me at all times, with a sandwich or wrap or similar that I really like, so that I won't resort to drive-thru or other trash food. 

- I can eat as many green/low carb vegetables as I want with meals. Carby stuff like sweet potatoes and plantains in moderation.

All of those items should help me keep an even keel, especially on busy days. The two cooked proteins don't have to be cooked by me; it can be rotisserie chicken or cooked shrimp from the grocery store or pork from a local BBQ place, it just has to be there so I can assemble something on demand.  

2059810629_giphycopy.gif.695462c316852b22e3d7d0579eb5b857.gif

For the first three weeks of the challenge I'm not going to count calories or macros; then I will see how I'm doing and adjust. 

Now, to attend to the second head of this monster...

giphy-2.gif.399e61d5bdd5c9bb72e55a9031a9cd17.gif

Two weeks ago I hit the nadir of the burnout/overwhelm issues that I have been dealing with for, I don't know, roughly forever. I missed yet another workout due to work/puppycare/eldercare etc on a Wednesday, and I decided to try to wedge it into my Thursday morning even though I knew I would have to rush and I hadn't been in regular training. When I got to the gym, I was tired, I didn't really want to be there, and I realized that flipping the tire was on the agenda for the day, which I didn't feel up to doing, but I didn't know what else to do and I had the clock ticking in my head, because I wanted to be back at work within an hour, so I flipped the tire anyway, and sure enough on the second run down the lane I set up poorly and badly wrenched my back. Fortunately it turned out to just be that I strained my erector spinea, but it could so easily have been something far worse, that could have been the beginning of a lifetime of back issues. As it was it took nine days to heal and I was living on advil for a week. I've only just gotten back into the gym in the last couple of days. And it was COMPLETELY preventable, and completely on me: I shouldn't have tried to lift heavy when tired, I should have listened to my body when I initially resisted that movement, and I should never have done a dynamic movement like that when I was mentally fatigued and in a rush. 

Once again I had to break down and talk to a professional, so I met (via phone/zoom) with a burnout counselor a couple of times and talked about a bunch of stuff and also got three books on burnout/overwhelm and read those. I told the counselor about how right before the big event I did in February I looked at my calendar and realized I had one day off scheduled in the next FIVE weeks, and I legit just broke down crying. Like, how the fuck did I get here?  And then of course my event ended in (literal) disaster and I STILL don't know how I didn't have a psychotic break after sleeping six hours in five days, so there's an assload of changes to be made there as well. 

Based on my convos with the burnout counselor, and the books I read, the new rules are these: 

- I will work four 10 hour days a week, on a rotating schedule so that I am never more than two days out from a full day off.  

- I will not multitask. When I am working, I am working, not also doing laundry and training the puppy and scheduling an oil change. 

Those two changes alone have been amazing. I started doing the alternate day schedule last week, and I feel like a human being for the first time in five years. 

- No work phone before 9 am

- No work phone on my weekend day off 

- No work at night after I've shut down for the day. 

Because I'm doing a rotating schedule, I will always work one weekend day, but it's balanced out by two days off during the week. But I was working thru every weekend anyway, so this way it's just corralled into one day instead of bleeding all over my weekend. 

Spoiler

I was talking to the Mantis, my BFF/training partner/general person about being tired of working thru the weekend every week and that I needed to do it but it was driving me crazy, and he looked at me with those sage eyes of his and said, "I bet that guy who got run over at your race thought he had a lot of weekends left to work through, too" and I just sat there with my coffee cup halfway to my mouth in silence.

One helpful thing that I realized from my reading was that I wasn't just trying to cram too much stuff into each day, I was slotting things into absurdly short spaces and setting myself up for complete chaos and frustration. I would have things like "clean and rearrange patio" on the list for a half-hour after work, never mind that cleaning the patio after the winter was a two-day task (I know, because I just did it). And some of the things I like to do, like hiking and kayaking and gardening, are not things that I can fit into an hour here and there;  I need big blocks of time for those. So working a (slightly) longer day in return for more downtime (and then actually taking the downtime) is a big help. 

There's always going to be a little bleed - I'm "off" today, but I just had to take a pointless phone call from my boss for 15 minutes - but as long as it's minor I don't mind. I check my email once or twice on my weekday off days just to make sure there's no fires to put out, but not on my weekend off day. 

I didn't bother to clear the whole alternate day thing with my boss; he's kind of a nut job and he doesn't work a 9-5 at all himself, and I work remote so he won't even know. I will say that working conditions at my company have improved considerably; me getting handed all the fallout from that last event was a huge pain in the ass, but it meant my boss didn't have to deal with any of it, which gave me a +2 protection roll with added charisma, I think. He's been much more pleasant and giving me a wide berth. I doubt it will last though so I'm still looking for another job. 

The other oddly helpful thing I did for myself was actually accidental. My phone died, and I got a new one, and I realized when I went to log into shit like Twitter and Facebook and Instagram, I couldn't remember any of my passwords. It was a couple of days before I had time to fuck around with it again, and I realized I was actually happier without all that social media stuff on my phone, so I've just left them off. I haven't looked at Twitter in a month (which is fantastic, I was a real twitter junkie and it was really bad for my mental state because I only followed politics there) and I Facebook and IG from my desktop. 

Okay now on to fun stuff!

you may think putting yourself into a grueling physical ordeal is an odd reward for good behavior, but we all have our own flavor of weird, okay? 

1ac6444e4eab9decbebac9b3725c7af4.thumb.jpg.5cc4888f05e093cd4837bede35c2546c.jpg

I have some athletic stuff scheduled for this spring and summer, but I wanted something that I wouldn't have to worry about getting cancelled or my work schedule messing up, so I decided to replicate the first day of the 2018 Crossfit games, because that was the last year they had decent programming.

Four times over the next three challenges I will do the following workouts, with a maximum of 1 hour rest in between: 

10 mile bike ride

30 pullups

1RM back squat, deadlift, and OH press

1 mile kayak, 1 mile trail run, 1 mile kayak

This is the same programming the real athletes did, with the exception of the last kayak/run/kayak workout. The actual games workout was a 42,000 meter row on the rowing machine, which took event the elite athletes two and a half hours. I don't know how long I have left on the planet, but I know it's not long enough to train for two hours on a rower. Plus  I wanted something that was a nod to my adventure racing. 

This Saturday I will do it for the first time, which will set the bar hilariously low for the rest of the challenges, so I can see how much I've improved. The Queen's budget will be stretched to meet with my trainer once a week (or maybe every other week) and I'll rope some other folks in as well. It's all stuff I like to do, in a training style that I enjoy, and that will support my races and stuff, but if the weather is bad or ebola surges or there's a meteor strike and all the events are canceled I can still do it. Or if I have to work on a day that I plan to do a test run I can just move it a day; it's pretty location/time independent.

Annnnnd... I think that's it! Jungle Queen Out. 

200.gif.5816399096f4a79506f8f385b583a47b.gif

• Like 2

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

Here to support your journey to the glitter bikini top wearing!

Great thoughts here. I can be guilty of the overestimating how much can be done in a certain time too. You've put a lot of thought into your challenge, and I think you've set yourself up for success

• Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 3/25/2021 at 11:46 AM, Elastigirl said:

Here to support your journey to the glitter bikini top wearing!

Great thoughts here. I can be guilty of the overestimating how much can be done in a certain time too. You've put a lot of thought into your challenge, and I think you've set yourself up for success

Thanks! Hopefully I balanced out the hard bits with the fun parts. 

On 3/25/2021 at 12:32 PM, Atrytone said:

All hail the Queen.

It is SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!

On 3/25/2021 at 1:24 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I Love You Reaction GIF

Hugs friend. Burnout is the worst. I'm happy for and proud of you for getting help, and I'm really proud of you for opening up about it. You are awesome.

Thanks! I know you have a lot of the same issues in your work, although you are actually changing the world and I am just... getting people muddy.

13 hours ago, deftona said:

It's great to see the jungle queen back. 

Jungle GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1029281883_tenorcopy.gif.718093325e8c299b8f6d6755631368d8.gif

• Like 3

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

58 minutes ago, Xena said:

Slay that two-headed beastie!

Hand to god, the first thing that came up when I searched "Two Headed Monster" for images for this challenge was a second-string  Muppet character and if that doesn't encapsulate all of my challenges I don't know what does. 

maxresdefault.jpg.75f352d12e783b55e601270e505e6389.jpg

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

15 hours ago, deftona said:

Jungle GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I love this ridiculously stupid video so much, you have no idea

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

39 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

Hand to god, the first thing that came up when I searched "Two Headed Monster" for images for this challenge was a second-string  Muppet character and if that doesn't encapsulate all of my challenges I don't know what does. 

maxresdefault.jpg.75f352d12e783b55e601270e505e6389.jpg

SECOND-STRING?! I beg your pardon. Next you will be telling me the Yip Yips were not major stars. I ask you, is that credible?

muppets GIF

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 3/26/2021 at 9:02 PM, sarakingdom said:

SECOND-STRING?! I beg your pardon. Next you will be telling me the Yip Yips were not major stars. I ask you, is that credible?

muppets GIF

Ha! I had forgotten the Yips!

On 3/26/2021 at 9:24 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm with Sarah. The two headed monster from Sesame Street brought back a ton of memories the minute I saw the picture.

I swear I never saw that one, but I was more a Muppet Show person than a Sesame Street.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

Aight, we're rolling into the first official day of the challenge like

1900036494_tenorcopy.gif.9db8501d3161675772b175636a69690d.gif

Today was a "work" day, the morning was bumpy and a bit disorganized and I had another pointless zoom call with my boss. I swear to god that guy loves Zoom like a Vegas stripper loves a room full of drunken dentists from Iowa. I pulled the nose up by about 11 am though and had a really productive day and  finished a giant document for an upcoming event. It helped that I got an ungodly early start because the pupster woke me at 4:30 wanting to go out and I just got up and started working after we both went to the bathroom.

(only one of us did it in the yard)

My food was middling, but nothing too bad and I ate all my meals. I saw Rurik's weight loss challenge on the general chat but I feel like that way madness lies, so I skipped it. The only thing that was annoying was that my boss sprang a second zoom call on me at for 7 pm so I missed my workout. Rrrrrrrr.

Tomorrow is an off day, so it will be 100% domestic rangering  - well, call it 94% because I do have to do a couple of work emails. The Axe Man (my domestic partner, if you are new here) has been out of town for almost two weeks for work, so I took advantage of the spare time and tore into a bunch of house projects. Tomorrow will be the day I wrap them all up. I cleaned and redid our back patio last weekend and I still have a few plants to put in, and this weekend I compeltely tore apart our den and painted one of the walls and now I'm going to just put the furniture back and hang up new curtains. I ordered a new rug but that won't be here until Thursday. I'm really proud of that room, it was a ton of work because the ceiling fell in like two and a half years ago and between that and the fact that it was one of Axe Man's hoarding repositories we had given up on it. We used to have several rooms in the house that were abandoned like that but now that Axe Man got some help (second-hand, but still) about the hoarding we've slowly reclaimed those rooms. This was the last of those spaces and it's one of the best rooms in the house so I'm really glad to have it useable again. 

The only thing I feel bad about is that the pupster didn't go to the dog park at all while Axe Man was out of town, but it rained a lot and being a single mom for two weeks was hard. She had a ton of outside play time though. 

I'm going to go to bed now and research sheet pan cooking until I fall asleep, which will be in about 30 second since I got up so early. 

output_GKT4jn.gif.8c0c17dab6eddae483facedbfa1e8c12.gif

• Like 2

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

20 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

Aight, we're rolling into the first official day of the challenge like

1900036494_tenorcopy.gif.9db8501d3161675772b175636a69690d.gif

Today was a "work" day, the morning was bumpy and a bit disorganized and I had another pointless zoom call with my boss. I swear to god that guy loves Zoom like a Vegas stripper loves a room full of drunken dentists from Iowa. I pulled the nose up by about 11 am though and had a really productive day and  finished a giant document for an upcoming event. It helped that I got an ungodly early start because the pupster woke me at 4:30 wanting to go out and I just got up and started working after we both went to the bathroom.

(only one of us did it in the yard)

My food was middling, but nothing too bad and I ate all my meals. I saw Rurik's weight loss challenge on the general chat but I feel like that way madness lies, so I skipped it. The only thing that was annoying was that my boss sprang a second zoom call on me at for 7 pm so I missed my workout. Rrrrrrrr.

Tomorrow is an off day, so it will be 100% domestic rangering  - well, call it 94% because I do have to do a couple of work emails. The Axe Man (my domestic partner, if you are new here) has been out of town for almost two weeks for work, so I took advantage of the spare time and tore into a bunch of house projects. Tomorrow will be the day I wrap them all up. I cleaned and redid our back patio last weekend and I still have a few plants to put in, and this weekend I compeltely tore apart our den and painted one of the walls and now I'm going to just put the furniture back and hang up new curtains. I ordered a new rug but that won't be here until Thursday. I'm really proud of that room, it was a ton of work because the ceiling fell in like two and a half years ago and between that and the fact that it was one of Axe Man's hoarding repositories we had given up on it. We used to have several rooms in the house that were abandoned like that but now that Axe Man got some help (second-hand, but still) about the hoarding we've slowly reclaimed those rooms. This was the last of those spaces and it's one of the best rooms in the house so I'm really glad to have it useable again. 

The only thing I feel bad about is that the pupster didn't go to the dog park at all while Axe Man was out of town, but it rained a lot and being a single mom for two weeks was hard. She had a ton of outside play time though. 

I'm going to go to bed now and research sheet pan cooking until I fall asleep, which will be in about 30 second since I got up so early. 

output_GKT4jn.gif.8c0c17dab6eddae483facedbfa1e8c12.gif

When you cook in a sheet pan put down foil first to prevent having to clean the pan.

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

21 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

When you cook in a sheet pan put down foil first to prevent having to clean the pan.

Alternatively, if you aren't a disposable sort of person, a silicone baking mat will help prevent anything from burning on, though you will have to wash the mat. (If you're careful about oil content, it shouldn't run off the mat. Easy with veggies, trickier with large amounts of meat.)

45 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

output_GKT4jn.gif

Well, I know what I want for dinner.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

7 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Alternatively, if you aren't a disposable sort of person, a silicone baking mat will help prevent anything from burning on, though you will have to wash the mat. (If you're careful about oil content, it shouldn't run off the mat. Easy with veggies, trickier with large amounts of meat.)

I read last night parchment paper, also, and it can go in the compost if you're so inclined. I do have one of those silicone mats though. 

I found this on the web but I don't think they are for sale yet. 

https://mymodernmet.com/cheat-sheets-sheet-pan-cooking/

• Like 1

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

Yesterday was a non-work day, but there was a lot of bleed over in the morning.  No zoom calls, thank god. I don't think I could have handled it. 

I got a lot of domestic rangering done but I didn't get the den finished. I still have to move the furniture back and put down the new rug, which arrived yesterday. I'll try to do that on breaks today but there's already too much non-work stuff going on for my taste - one of the cats has to go to the vet at 8:30 am and I have to go get my second vax shot at noon - so it may have to wait til tomorrow. 

I did get my gym workout in, it was not all that great. I'm really stiff and my feet and calves really hurt. I think it was from the painting, getting up and down off the ladder ten thousand times. I want to get back into the groove workout wise but tomorrow afternoon I go down to my mom's for Easter (@Dark_Raider probably has some thoughts on it not actually being Easter yet) so no gym access, but I can get outside some I hope. 

I'm rather frustrated today because last night Axe Man called me and announced that his work trip has been extended another two weeks. He's coming home this Thursday, but I'll already be gone by the time he gets here and he'll be gone before I get back. I am not particularly upset about not seeing him - after 22 years the novelty has worn off - but I am SUPER pissed that he's managed to saddle me with all the house responsibilities and puppy care for ANOTHER two weeks, while he eats room service and swans around St. Louis. Us getting a dog was HIS idea and he was the one who insisted it had to be a puppy, not an adult (trained) dog, but he's done jack shit in terms of taking care of her and now we're in a fight about how irresponsible he is (my side) and how I'm so dramatic and overemotional (his side). 

Annnnnyway today looks to be aggravating but hopefully I'll get to the gym, although I should probably take the puppy to the dog park. I have to pay the gym though and I won't be back until after the payment cutoff so I should really do that. 

ETA: and yesterday I went out to the car and I've got a giant crack in the windshield. 

Also it's 6:30 am and I'm already 90 minutes into a useless call with IT for my job's website, which is just.... arrrrgh.  

Off with their heads. All of them. 

IMG_0125.jpg.7eef9d94f884679249d5c6ffdf26ca5a.jpg

• Sad 1

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

7 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

but I am SUPER pissed that he's managed to saddle me with all the house responsibilities and puppy care for ANOTHER two weeks

Well I guess we'll just have to extend our Portugal trip to serve him right. 

• Haha 1

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

4 minutes ago, deftona said:

Well I guess we'll just have to extend our Portugal trip to serve him right. 

that same company has an American Southwest Road trip in June that's very tempting. But there would be other people, and I'm not sure I can handle being people-y for two weeks. 

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So are you still distributing punitive decapitations? Are you otherwise ok?

I'm okay, I got my second vaxx shot Wednesday and it laid me out for two days, no joke. Then I went to my mom's for easter and just got back at 2 am last night, and I have a huge work event this weekend, so I'm starting to hyperventilate a little bit. I just have to get thru today and I'm scheduled for a down day tomorrow where I can get some breathing room. I have a zoom call in an hour and another one tonight. I hate zoom. 

fortunately I don't have to log my food until next week, because I just ate raw cookie dough for breakfast. 

200.gif.b28256907265a648b728fc45f01cf08e.gif

• Like 2

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

So here we are, at Wednesday. Yesterday went okay, although my food did not improve at all. I got all my stuff done and all my dreadful zoom calls, and I was in bed by 9 pm. 

I had a short, not very heavy workout at the gym - deadlift and OH press. I feel like my crawl to peak condition by mid-july is going to be a bit harder than I expected, but once I get into a ryhthm, I should start to get back to where I was pretty quickly. I probably need some extra mobility for a while.

today is a free day, I'm going to grind thru my email backlog a bit at a time (ten emails every hour or so) but other than that no office work. I have to work straight thru the weekend at an event, so I feel completely justified not burning the candle at both ends this week. Last week was really exhausting, if I had known that the vaxx would hit me so hard I think I would have stayed home and not gone to my mom's. I really wanted to be there for Easter for her, though, in case she wanted to go to a drive in church service or something. She didn't, but we did go to the beach one morning, and I took her to a garden shop and she actually got out of the care and picked out flowers for her patio, which she was extremely excited about. And of COURSE she ran into people she knew, so she got to socialize a bit (she's very social, my mom; even in covid times she has a steady stream of visitors that sit out on the patio with her with their masks and what not. Most of her friends are vaccinated now which is great. 

I brought home some cool plants that will go in my garden, and I finished the magic new den, which I am sitting in now. Totally worth the effort. I'll post some picture later. 

today will be a dog park day and then I think I'll go for a walk as my workout. 

Someone is intrigued by the dog park suggestion. 

IMG_0280.jpg

• Like 5

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)