[DarK_RaideR] in the Caverns of Chaos

Checking in for this challenge. Feel like a mess.

14993561_1272599269474519_59619317224125

[Visualization]

This will likely be a thing

On 3/23/2021 at 11:18 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

I broke down the list to four priority categories to help me deal with things: Mandatory things I want to do on a daily basis (such as housekeeping stuff), mandatory things that happen on fixed dates (such as gaming website news shifts on Monday and Wednesday), optional things I would ideally want to do on a daily basis (such as catching up with the radio shows for the day) and optional things that can be done once in whenever (such as catching up with pro wrestling shows). Tested it yesterday and I'm thinking of a goal where I have to do all the mandatory stuff for the day, plus at least one from each of the two optional categories. It'll take some fine tuning, but it could be the beginnings of a goal mechanic for the upcoming challenge.

Also this

On 3/24/2021 at 12:02 PM, Heidi said:

Sometimes my "workout" looks like ten minutes of meditation while the tea steeps. Sometimes it looks like walking the dog around the block. Sometimes it looks like playing chess or a wordgame. Point is:  giving yourself space to *just be you* for 30 minutes or so before you start your Mandatory Lists might help.

Likely a minimalism thing. I need to throw stuff out and declutter my batcave.

No RPG theme or narrative. Adds more work and stress than pleasure. Also the whole RPG thing is about being with friends and stuff happening at the table. It's just not the thing for this thread, as a format and as a medium.

Didn't raise my level on my signature after last challenge, it kinda blew out and I didn't earn one. Moving on.

Oh, short, concise updates too. I'm pulling a @Heidi there, though I'll never be as calming or poetic as her writing. No Less walls of texts from me this challenge.

Peace out.

• Like 15
2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Didn't raise my level on my signature after last challenge, it kinda blew out and I didn't earn one. Moving on.

You survived though, therefore you leveled up in my books.  B)

I'd gladly join you in any Cavern of Chaos, any day.

Doom Eternal GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[ Level ?? ]  Thunderlord of the Legio Thundaris 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

3 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

You'll also always have this Paladin down there with you too.

oc7B-S.gif

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:
8 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

You'll also always have this Paladin down there with you too.

Count me in on this as well!

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Wouldn’t miss it! 

• Like 2

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Here's what my list looks like thus far:

Priority A (Mandatory, daily)

• Nerd Fitness
    • Check followed threads
    • Update my own thread
  • Play-by-Post RPG forum website
    • Curse of the Crimson Throne (Pathfinder 1e game I'm DMing)
    • Warhammer 4e (Pretty slow paced thus far)
    • Face the Music (Pathfinder 1e all-bard game. Still finalizing characters)
    • 5 Torches Deep (Pretty fast paced one, might drop out due to annoying co-player)
  • Domestic Rangering
    • Clothes (the laundry-hanging-picking-ironing-folding cycle)
    • Dishes
    • Food (Groceries/Cooking)
    • Cleanliness (catch-all term for anything not included in the above)
  • Leftover legal stuff

Priority B (Mandatory, day-specific)

• Muay Thai (Tuesday & Friday mornings, Thursday evenings)
  • Darkest D&d (Thursday nights)
  • Ranger Dnd (Sunday afternoons)
  • Gaming website news (Monday and Wednesday evenings)
  • Game Night (Friday evenings)
  • Park walk & brunch (Saturday mornings)

Priority C (Optional, daily)

• Total Extreme Wrestling forums
    • GSW (my gangsta rap themed wrestling promotion)
    • PDW (the one where I use Fire Pro Wrestling gameplay videos for the main event match)
  • The Press Project Radio
    • 4-5 show
    • 5-6 show
  • Movie Podcast
    • Watch prologue/trailer (uploaded on Thursdays)
    • Watch movie of the week
    • Suggest alternate title/cast (until Sunday, when the podcast is recorded)
    • Hear podcast (uploaded on Wednesdays)
  • Gaming website review
    • Play the game I've been assigned to review
    • Write review

Priority D (Optional, whenever)

• Ranger PbP (on Discord)
  • LondonVerse (assisting a TEW user with his custom mod)
  • YouTube stuff I follow (many of these are glorified talk shows, so I can have them playing in the background while doing housework)
  • Pro Wrestling (haven't been keeping up with this, shows with no audience suck, but I can watch some when ironing or something)

I'm thinking of aiming for all applicable Priority A stuff each day, then any Priority B stuff depending on the day, then at least one Priority C and one Priority D thing.

• Like 8

Here's a very condensed version of the story I spoke of recently. Some stuff is missing, but at least someone put subtitles so it can be spread to an international audience and raise awareness. Needless to say, it's not pleasant.

These people decided to sue the invisible "antiterrorist" division and everyone on duty in the building that day, saying street action and declarations are not enough and neither do they trust the legal system, but at least this move should force some people to answer some uncomfortable questions, officially and in public. I sent a message, volunteering my services for their legal team if they want them, pro bono. Doubt I'll be summoned, but it is what my conscience told me was the right thing to do.

This had me thinking about a slight career direction change towards criminal law. Doesn't mean there's only crime lords to be defended. Furthermore, I realized how good I've felt doing stuff I was morally ok with, be it donating for stray animals or for my Muay Thai school while gyms were closed due to lockdown. I'm thinking of putting my name on the "if you cannot afford an attorney, the state will assign one to you" list. Also reaching out to a legal team that's been formed to assist people arrested and/or mistreated during protests.

This got pretty grim, so to end on a high note, here's a photo of the doggo I volunteered to drive to the vet a while back so he could have his front leg amputated. He is to be neutered on Thursday and I'm so glad to see him be happy again, especially when I run into him at the park on Saturdays.

164240418_4073011202720084_4252854997190

• Like 10

Day is off to a good start.

I followed @Heidi's advice and took the time to meditate in the morning while my coffee was brewing. Cat wanted to cuddle but he probably realized something was going on, so he hung back eventually. We cuddled once I was done.

I checked the new dates for two court hearings that were moved from last week due to covid. Marked the new dates, new deadlines and lining up some papers I want to finalize and submit.

Paid off some more social security debt.

Not sure if I've mentioned the toxic workplace environment of the gaming website. It's been adding much unnecessary emotional pressure since I started. It's built around the owner (cult of personality?) and he's not an easy person to work with. 24/7 messages and ridiculous pay aside, he's ironic when he doesn't need to be and a certified narcissist with an inferiority complex. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back, when he demanded we report a photo and a profile on Facebook, sending him screenshots as proof of the deed. The reason was a screenshot of a video he did in February, which he'd titled "Fascist Inclusivity" and the other person was calling him out on this. If you're curious, in it, he does drop a disclaimer of supporting equality, then proceeds to complain about people being hired for their skin colour or sexual preferences over their skills or experience, essentially a case of "I'm not racist, but...". Since he still pays me, I filed reports, took a screenshot and immediately cancelled them, but don't tell him that last part. If it's any indication of what the situation is like, I also told him that "fascist" was a strong, wrong and somewhat clickbait-y word to use, but I'm glad the video is now listed as "Aggressive Inclusivity" instead. I protested but presented it as a compliment, if you will. His response was a wall of text, in which he essentially admitted he only changed the title to avoid getting banned and otherwise stood by everything else, ending with "I don't understand how this is clickbait or why I have to explain simple stuff like that". Just to give you a sneak peek of what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I looked up a bunch of other sites I could potentially jump to and noticed a friend in one of the videos, so I reached out to him for some insider comments. He got me in touch with people in two separate websites, who I messaged and I'm waiting to hear from.

I am now off to do the dishes while listening to my radio shows, then do my gaming news shift knowing I have a foot out the door already.

• Like 11

You for sure have the animal companion ranger-trope going well. I hope you can get away from that review website, you don't need that in your life. I'm also proud you are fighting facism. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

the toxic workplace environment of the gaming website. It's been adding much unnecessary emotional pressure since I started. It's built around the owner (cult of personality?) and he's not an easy person to work with

I worked in the tech industry for over two decades. This is why I left.

I hope you find a better environment, Dear Ranger. Good for you for handling it as an exit ramp.

good job GIF

• Thanks 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

21 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

No RPG theme or narrative.

And

21 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

short, concise updates too

Decluttering the thread is powerful medicine.

Welcome.

May you be available to receive peace this day.

❤️

• Thanks 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

it is what my conscience told me was the right thing to do.

I realized how good I've felt doing stuff I was morally ok with

This is the Way of Truth.

#DruidApproved

night floating GIF by DP Animation Maker

• That's Metal 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ended up doing a whole load of dishes, then dried them by hand so I'd have space for a second go. Had to be done, since I have very little drying space so if I waited for them to dry naturally, there'd always be a bunch of leftovers, including pastry items, pots, pans etc.

SRLF almost got ran over by a car yesterday, which was a shock. She'd received over 20 work mails on Sunday night with various pressing requests, which turned into a ton of stressing phone calls all morning. Understandably, her mind was fried. Fortunately, she is well as the car managed to dodge her, but it was still a shock.

My news shift was quiet and boss never showed up in the chat. He likely trusts me enough to steer the ship. I finished at 22:00 sharp, leaving 7-8 more news "to be written" knowing he usually spends a few hours after me doing news I didn't have the time to get done. Like he usually does, he showed up right at the end of my shift to make comments and corrections. I know because I saw the notifications on my phone, he started harassing me on both Skype and Facebook. I left both at "unread" and shut down my PC as well as my phone's WiFi, as he was likely to make an online call the more I wasn't responding to his BS. I still haven't read either as I type these lines, 18 hours later. Might check in later with my coffee to make any necessary corrections.

Got word from the two other websites. One is seemingly inactive, the other is willing to talk. No pay, but I'm fine as long as I don't have to do any news shifts, only reviews and articles. Either way, the breadcrumbs I'm earning now are less pay and more compensation for my trouble writing news. Less pressure and no news shifts in exchange for keeping a game code or two is fine by me, plus they gave me free reign to suggest whether I want to do a review or an opinion piece, historical sum-up etc, which is a nice change from what I'm currently allowed. It's peace of mind I'm mostly concerned about. With that and two more free evenings per week, I might actually be able to focus more on my main legal work and in the long run, end up making more than I currently am.

This morning I attended the Muay Thai training at the nearby park. My conditioning was still decent, despite the Feb-March slump. Let's hope this becomes a trend.

Visited the farmers' market afterwards to grab some greens. Cooked some leeks with chorizo over potato mash for lunch, plus prepped the minced beef so the SRLF can make burgers later today. Had to look up a recipe at a Cretan gastronomy website run by a friend's mom and realized she publishes a weekly guide/collection every Saturday. I sent it to the SRLF and suggested we use it as a meal plan inspiration, should help us organize our grocery shopping as well as eat more greens. Let's also hope this goes well.

• Like 9
  • Wow 2

Here to follow on minimalist mode.    I too have gone this route.      Right now is the time for self-care and making things easy on ourselves.  At least, that's what I am saying.     Save my energy for the priorities.

I really like how you listed them out in that manner. I might steal that.

• Like 3

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I really like the direction you’re going here and making the challenge fit YOUR needs instead of the other way around. It’s very important to your mental (and physical) health that you work with the things that you see value in, hence priority A/B/C and so forth. It’s the mature, grown up thing to do despite it not being “sexy”. Following along brother! 

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Let me first welcome everyone and say I'm glad you're here. Been liking your posts, but somehow felt like this was not enough.

Had a little central heating issue yesterday, which explained why there was no heat for the last couple of days. Sounds like more drama, conspiracy and damages in the future, due to how the lady responsible for the building's issues is (mis)handling said issue. On the bright side, stuff like this has brought me closer to my neighbors from the surrounding flats.

Had a good night's sleep and woke up rested this morning when the alarm went off. I'm guessing the physical exhaustion of training had something to do with this. Let's see if the trend continues.

Picked up a new sack of medicinal cat food this morning, which I'll split with the -former- neighbour as we've been doing. It's a chance to see him again after he moved, hopefully his cat too. My cat has been quite stressed lately as the realization is settling in that his buddy is nowhere to be found anymore. It makes me and the SRLF sad for him. We are considering CBD oil to maybe help him deal with the stress.

GOG.com were giving a bunch of retro games for free yesterday. I ran into Bio Menace from my ultra early gaming days and the Jill of the Jungle trilogy which we all know is loosely inspired by @DJtrippyT. I also played a bit of the first Dungeon Keeper, which I'll argue has one of the best, if not the best, game intros ever.

Dat guitar riff tho. Especially the lick when the alarm rings

Today is a rainy day and I'm not in the mood for much. I also have a gaming news shift later on. Think my highlights will be cooking and listening to my bad movie podcast once it drops later today.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Late but I finally found your challenge.  I got way behind on your character creation challenge (which was awesome, by the way) and then completely missed your last one.  I will try to be here more for this one.

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

14 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Let me first welcome everyone and say I'm glad you're here. Been liking your posts, but somehow felt like this was not enough.

Speaking as a person who is here: I'm glad you're here, and whatever you can comfortably manage, it is enough.

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

On 3/30/2021 at 9:52 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

SRLF almost got ran over by a car yesterday, which was a shock

Yes, indeed! I'm glad it was all fine, but sending good thoughts her way.

The meal planning and farmer's market sound like solid wins, as does the training.

May you have peace this day.

❣️

• Thanks 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

I did some nice cooking after all while listening to the film podcast. Been cooking a lot lately. I enjoy it and keep making nice stuff.

Gaming news shift was mostly uneventful, as after Monday's events, the boss was around to give me the articles he wanted me to write. He also told me about the game XIII that was free on GOG for 48 hours, asking if I was on board to review it. I ignored him, as I didn't want to commit while on my way out. He insisted today, so I had to tell him about leaving. Since I'll be in touch with him next week anyway trying to get paid, I offered to do next week's shifts till he finds a replacement. He has yet to respond.

This morning I hit the supermarket for groceries plus some other stores. Also grabbed a black tote bag to support my local stray animal group. It looks great and the SRLF loved it.

The situation out in the country house has come to lawsuits. My father is a witness and I had to edit his written testimony. This kept me busy enough to miss Muay Thai, but the weather was messy anyway. I'll make up for it tomorrow morning.

The former neighbour visited to pick up his half of the cat food. We'd bought him a carry box for his cat as a present. He loved it and said now it'll be easier to bring his cat over to visit (as if this wasn't part of our reason for getting it in the first place). We called his former flatmate from next door and the three of us sat down with tea to catch up. It was nice.

I am currently playing my friend's Darkest Dungeon based D&d game. We might be losing our Leper Monk PC in a bit, as we're in a story-important location for him. He's down with 0hp and the shadows attacking us are obsessed with him, attacking him even while he's down. On Sunday we lost a PC in our Ranger D&d game too. Might have to reconsider my opinion of 5e not being that deadly.

Friends, this is a thing that exists:

Had to stop after the "Fan the Flames" part, as I got some interesting results. Will have to get back to this eventually.

• Like 4

I'm also late here but you have my support, Friend!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."