Discipline over motivation- Bullroarer lifts, runs and paddles

I spun out last challenge in the last week to week and a half.  Work stress, relationship stress, blah balh blah.   I had just gotten cocky with about 90 days of staying on course so thats about time for me to screw up.

So 3x workouts per week minimum.

By week 3 take a run.

Dont go more than 3 days without posting or commenting.   I get in a bit of a cycle with that.

So I dont have my sheet in front of me but I did squats today.  I was getting dressed to lift when a half dollar sized wolf spider ran out of my knee sleeve on the ground and I made a decidedly un-warrior like sound before grabbing a shoe and smashing it.

I have woken up 6 straight days with a pounding headache.  i have put water on my bed and IBU in hopes that if I notice it in the middle of the night again I can get ahead of it.

• Like 3

"For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm."

Just remember that Scooty Puff jr sucks!

Well the headache was bad again this morning.  I think it is neck tension

I weighed the last two days.  Oddly eating at my worst just maintains this max weight.

WIll lift main lift only when I get home.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 4:07 AM, Bullroarer Took said:

I spun out last challenge in the last week to week and a half.  Work stress, relationship stress, blah balh blah.   I had just gotten cocky with about 90 days of staying on course so thats about time for me to screw up.

So 3x workouts per week minimum.

Easy. You can do it for sure.

So I dont have my sheet in front of me but I did squats today.  I was getting dressed to lift when a half dollar sized wolf spider ran out of my knee sleeve on the ground and I made a decidedly un-warrior like sound before grabbing a shoe and smashing it.

It doesn't matter what noise you make as long as your enemy is dead.

I have woken up 6 straight days with a pounding headache.  i have put water on my bed and IBU in hopes that if I notice it in the middle of the night again I can get ahead of it.

Oh, yuck. That's a long time to have a headache. I hope you feel better soon.

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Well, didnt get the lift in last night but did today.  So still got my 3/week in.  Second day without a headache.  I like the new bar.  But the center knurl is sooooooo aggressive.  I may have to start wearing a shirt to bench.  If I fail a bench, my catch bars are set low and I will be grating my beer belly like the Olive garden waiter does the parm...

• Like 1

Getting my actual numbers in here

press

5*45

5*50

5*60

5*65

5*75

8*85

DL

5*120

5*150

5*180

5*195

9*250

BP

5*65*

5*80*

5*95

5*100

5*115

9*135

And todays

squat

5*85

5*105

5*125

5*135

5*155

9*175

• Like 1

Don't have my numbers in front of me but I did do OHP yesterday.

I have read complaints before about CAP barbells not weighing true.  I think perhaps the Rogue bar is slightly heavier and a true 45#.  While a few pounds may not be that noticeable on a dead lift it sure is on OHP

• Like 1

Finally after a week of false starts I got up for a brief run before work.  Slow and tedious but not full on im gonna die.  So despite being up weight and down on cardio it wasnt terrible

2 miles

20:57

268 calories

144 ft gain

10:25 pace

It also occurs to me I have 2 weeks til a paddle trip and need  to get some details nailed down

its a 45 mile paddle down the White river with 2 old buddies.  I could solo my kayak and camp like I am backpacking but 3 days in a kayak kills my knees so I am taking my aluminum canoe

• Like 3

SO last night I started packing.  So I was packing my dry bags.  I packed my sleep bag.  I think Im gonna hang on this trip but may take a tent as back up.  So hammock, straps, hammock, pillow, underquilt and blanket.  Really the most important bag to stay dry.  TBH, most 3 day trips I end up not changing clothes anyway lol.

I need to start planning my shared meal with the other 2 Blokes.

• Like 2

• Bullroarer Took changed the title to Discipline over motivation- Bullroarer lifts, runs and paddles

Bullroarer Took changed the title to Discipline over motivation- Bullroarer lifts, runs and paddles

That title, though.

the simpsons paddle GIF

• Like 3

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

21 minutes ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Don't kink-shame me.  What a 40 year old man and a 50 year old canoe do is their own business. 🤣

I wouldn't dream of it. You know what motivates you best. I'm just pleased to see you've put thought into the specifics of your plan for discipline.  NF is all about the achievable goals.

the simpsons paddle GIF

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23