Beginner's Witchcraft: Protection Spells

May be a cartoon of animal

Basic Information

Name: TrashPanda

Species: Raccoon

Class: Druid

Level: 0

Main Quest

• Move into the Hudson apartments across the street from my transitional housing program.
  • Learn basic protection magic to protect mind, body, home, and loved ones.
  • Commit to a morning ritual and yoga routine.

Side Quest

Morning Ritual

• Wake up at 5:00 am
  • Drink a cup of coffee
  • Take the dog for a walk
  • Feed the dog
  • Make my bed
  • Take a shower
  • Skincare routine
  • Brush my teeth
  • Fix hair and makeup
  • Get dressed
  • Make breakfast
  • Drink a full glass of water
  • Take medications
  • 15-minute clean-up
  • Yoga
  • Meditate
  • Witchcraft
  • Journal
  • Check my calendar

Class Schedule

• Class #1: Intercultural Communications
  • Class #2: Spanish I
  • Class #3: Math 96

Learn Protection Spells

1. Read The Little Guide to Protection Magic by Tess Whitehurst and perform all spells listed in the book.
  2. Read Protection Spells by Arin Murphey-Hiscock and perform all spells listed in the book.
  • Like 2
  • TrashPanda changed the title to Beginner's Witchcraft: Protection Spells

Hello! Is this your first challenge? If so, welcome! What kind of witchcraft are you getting up to, if I might ask?

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Hello! Is this your first challenge? If so, welcome! What kind of witchcraft are you getting up to, if I might ask?

Yes, this is my first challenge. I'm new to NerdFitness. I'm moving into a new apartment building and have also been having a family crisis, so I'm looking into protection spells, mostly to protect my new home environment and protect my loved ones. As I progress into further challenges, I plan to explore other forms of spellcasting. I think that protection spells are a good place to start because you always want to protect and purify yourself when casting magic.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, TrashPanda said:

Yes, this is my first challenge. I'm new to NerdFitness. I'm moving into a new apartment building and have also been having a family crisis, so I'm looking into protection spells, mostly to protect my new home environment and protect my loved ones. As I progress into further challenges, I plan to explore other forms of spellcasting. I think that protection spells are a good place to start because you always want to protect and purify yourself when casting magic.

Sorry to hear about the family crisis. But the protection spells sound like they could give some comfort. Good luck with the challenge :)

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

18 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Here for you! How is your daily routine coming along?

Thanks! So, I've been having some trouble with the morning routine because I have trouble falling asleep and waking up. I often stay up until early hours of the morning and then sleep for up to 12 hours. I'm working on getting back to a regular sleep schedule, and I'm going to talk to my medication provider about my medication because that might be contributing to some of my sleep issues.

Oh, and I just got my book of protection spells, so I will be working on that and getting some basic items that I need for my spells.

• Like 2

I’m following along.

I hope things are slowing falling into place with your new apartment and things are getting better with your family.

I admire your efforts on trying to get up at 5am. It’s rough when your body prefers a different schedule. Through all my experiments over the years, I’ve learned that any time before 6am messes me up. I don’t know if it’s psychological or not but even when I woke at 5am for many months in a row, my body quickly adapted back to its favorite schedule of 11pm-7am. I also needed less sleep when I stopped trying to fight it. However, if I don’t get 8 hours of sleep for even one night it’s enough to throw my entire sleep schedule off kilter until I make up the lost sleep.

Enjoy the day.

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

Heyo! I'm also 27 and finishing up my undergrad (actually have taken similar classes you have in the past).

Cheering you on.

My two cents for protection (feel free to take or leave).

Spoiler

I suggest to look into "grounding". Its something I used to dismiss but such as doing the your morning routine is a form of grounding to get the highest "light/positive energy." 

I'm empathic and highly sensitive and  have to learn to do that form of protection....

Something that tends to be universal when you find the right info. Helps especially if your worried about any dark stuff.

Larger than Average Fairy Druid Level 1

10 STR / 8 DEX / 10 CON / 13 INT / 13 WIS / 17 CHA

(DnD Stats)