Jump to content

Jupiter Shows Up (Again)


Recommended Posts

On 4/14/2021 at 1:52 AM, Waanie said:

I'm sorry that you had a rough week :(. I guess you can't go higher up with the system-issues? Are there friendly people in your company of whom nobody knows their exact function, but to whom you go to to get stuff done?

 

Thanks. And nope. They know about the problems (or at least I think they do, they should by now since we've all complained about it enough), they just aren't doing anything about it. Or maybe they can't, I don't know. 

 

On 4/14/2021 at 1:52 AM, Waanie said:

Anyway, it's still good that you're doing strength training and yoga, even though it might not be as much as you'd have liked. With your job, I think there would be very few people who'd continue to do those 2 sets of strength training multiple times per week, and even 10 minutes of yoga can help greatly. I really admire how you get things done anyway, even though life is working against you.

 

Aw, thanks. :) 

 

On 4/14/2021 at 6:58 AM, Harriet said:

Gah!!! Why do you fix them instead of sending them back?

 

On 4/14/2021 at 8:06 AM, Waanie said:

You must have never worked in a toxic workplace where you get none of the credit if something goes well, and all of the blame if it doesn't. (Yes, I'm still glad I'm out of academia!)

 

On 4/14/2021 at 8:40 AM, Harriet said:

 

Indeed, that must be very frustrating and horrible 😕

 

Yup, all of this. My department pretty much gets blamed for everything and they complain about us all the time. (And yet they refuse to work with other departments, because we're just the best.) Also, some of it just isn't worth going back to them to make them fix it. And on the things that I can't do myself and I need them to fix, sometimes I feel like I have to browbeat them into doing it because they either don't respond to my emails or it takes them forever. Or things change and have to be redone because of timeline issues. It's become such a messy process. 

 

On 4/14/2021 at 6:58 AM, Harriet said:

Good stuff. What are you doing for your strength training?

 

Thanks. Just a mix of upper and lower body stuff. Lunges and goblet squats and overhead rows and things like that. 

 

22 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Lack of filling food makes life miserable. I hope you can get to the store soon!

 

Thanks! I plan to go this weekend so I can stock up. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
1 minute ago, Jupiter said:

Thanks! I plan to go this weekend so I can stock up. 

 

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but frozen food and some canned, lasts practically forever and can make all the difference when there is no energy and nothing to cook. A tuna melt is very low effort and can be delicious. :) 

  • Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

Link to post

Well, today wasn't as bad as it has been thankfully, though I was expecting it to be, so I ended up being stressed out anyway. Ugh. And my boss critiquing how we say "good morning" every morning in our group chats doesn't help. I really don't need someone telling me at 7 or 8am (or ever, really) that my greeting needs to have "more energy". I just don't. Even when I have energy, I'm not really the bubbly sort. Not like she is. I know she means well, but it's just kind of irritating. 

 

Anyway, no more talk about work because I am officially on vacation. Thank goodness. Things I did today:

 

- Revised the novel for around 45 minutes

- Ate 2 decent meals (oatmeal for breakfast, and I just grabbed takeout for dinner, teriyaki chicken bowl with veggies and quinoa, yum. More expensive than it should be but worth it. Meant to save some of it but I was so hungry I ate it all). 

- Read for an hour

 

And that's it. That's all I've got. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
6 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Well, today wasn't as bad as it has been thankfully, though I was expecting it to be, so I ended up being stressed out anyway. Ugh. And my boss critiquing how we say "good morning" every morning in our group chats doesn't help. I really don't need someone telling me at 7 or 8am (or ever, really) that my greeting needs to have "more energy". I just don't. Even when I have energy, I'm not really the bubbly sort. Not like she is. I know she means well, but it's just kind of irritating. 

 

She just wants you to express yourself. ;) 

 

12 Reasons Why "Office Space" Is The Most Accurate Movie Ever | Job humor, Office  space movie, Quit job funny

  • Haha 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

Link to post
22 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

 

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but frozen food and some canned, lasts practically forever and can make all the difference when there is no energy and nothing to cook. A tuna melt is very low effort and can be delicious. :) 

 

Oh yeah, that's pretty much all I've been eating lately is frozen or canned foods. I have actually never had a tuna melt, but I may have to try it. Thanks. :) 

Link to post
39 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Well, today wasn't as bad as it has been thankfully, though I was expecting it to be, so I ended up being stressed out anyway. Ugh. And my boss critiquing how we say "good morning" every morning in our group chats doesn't help. I really don't need someone telling me at 7 or 8am (or ever, really) that my greeting needs to have "more energy". I just don't. Even when I have energy, I'm not really the bubbly sort. Not like she is. I know she means well, but it's just kind of irritating. 

 

Ugh. It reminds me of the school teachers who made us repeat "Good morning Mrs----, may god bless you" and repeating it if it wasn't adequately chirpy and crisp. Imagine the power differential that has to exist for one person to be able to compel you to say exactly what they want, in the right tone, repeatedly until they're satisfied. Yuck.

 

Quote

Anyway, no more talk about work because I am officially on vacation. Thank goodness. Things I did today:

 

- Revised the novel for around 45 minutes

- Ate 2 decent meals (oatmeal for breakfast, and I just grabbed takeout for dinner, teriyaki chicken bowl with veggies and quinoa, yum. More expensive than it should be but worth it. Meant to save some of it but I was so hungry I ate it all). 

- Read for an hour

 

And that's it. That's all I've got. 

 

Yay! How long is your vacation? I hope you get some time to restore yourself and work a bit on the novel.

  • Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post
On 4/17/2021 at 12:52 PM, Jupiter said:

 I have actually never had a tuna melt, but I may have to try it.

I have been basically living off f these recently because I just don't feel like cooking

 

On 4/17/2021 at 12:41 PM, Jupiter said:

I really don't need someone telling me at 7 or 8am (or ever, really) that my greeting needs to have "more energy".

Ugh, no one needs that.

  • Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
On 4/16/2021 at 9:47 PM, Scaly Freak said:

 

She just wants you to express yourself. ;) 

 

12 Reasons Why "Office Space" Is The Most Accurate Movie Ever | Job humor, Office  space movie, Quit job funny

 

LOL this made my night. :D 

 

On 4/16/2021 at 10:20 PM, Harriet said:

Ugh. It reminds me of the school teachers who made us repeat "Good morning Mrs----, may god bless you" and repeating it if it wasn't adequately chirpy and crisp. Imagine the power differential that has to exist for one person to be able to compel you to say exactly what they want, in the right tone, repeatedly until they're satisfied. Yuck.

 

Yeah, it sucks. 

 

On 4/16/2021 at 10:20 PM, Harriet said:

Yay! How long is your vacation? I hope you get some time to restore yourself and work a bit on the novel.

 

I'm off all this week, which will be nice. And thanks, me too. :)  

 

21 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have been basically living off f these recently because I just don't feel like cooking

 

Cool. :) 

 

21 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ugh, no one needs that.

 

Agreed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

The last two days have been a blur. Saturday I ran errands, cleaned, and finally got some new sweatpants (all of mine are old and have holes in them). Also finally cleaned out all the extra crap from my hall closet that I don't use anymore. Now I just need to separate everything out into trash and donate piles and then get rid of it all. Yay for spring cleaning. Today I cleaned some more (especially the floor, but somehow it's still dirty) and then some friends came over to hang out for a bit. I'm not used to hosting so I'm hoping I wasn't too bad, LOL. Wasn't able to get groceries until late today, so I didn't eat very well over the weekend, but at least now I have food for the next week. 

 

Anyway, things I did over the weekend:

 

- Yoga for 10 minutes both days

- Meditate for 3 minutes both days

- Had 1 semi-healthy meal

- Revised my novel for around 40 minutes. Not really sure about this part, it's causing me some trouble. 

- Read for a little bit

- Cleaned both days

 

I don't know where I got the energy to do all of this but I'm now very tired and sore. Plan to make it an early night tonight. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
On 4/19/2021 at 12:42 AM, Jupiter said:

I don't know where I got the energy to do all of this but I'm now very tired and sore. Plan to make it an early night tonight. 

When I'm tired and sore, a hot shower and then bed is heaven. I hope you got lots of restful zzzz's.

  • Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

Link to post

Sorry guys, I didn’t mean to disappear for 2 weeks. During my vacation I was pretty tired and just tried to focus on resting and enjoying my time off. As a result this last week I had more energy than I knew what to do with so I did all the things. Well, more things anyway. It helped that I didn’t have much to do at work this week. We slowed way down all of a sudden. I don't know if it was because I was out and everything in my queue was reassigned, or if we are just genuinely slow right now. Probably the former rather than the latter, or some combination of the two. Still, I probably should have asked for more files as soon as I got back but honestly it was just so nice to not be totally overwhelmed for once, that I just didn't. My queue is building back up already though so I'm sure it'll be back to crazy levels in no time.

 

Anyway, I will be back for the next challenge. Good night, nerds. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
On 6/12/2021 at 2:55 AM, Waanie said:

Hi, how are you doing? Will you be back for next challenge?

 

Hi Waanie, thanks for checking in on me, I appreciate it. :)  I am...tired. So, so tired. Between work, friends' birthdays and other social engagements, dog's surgery (and dog's pacing after surgery and knocking into things all night every night with her cone), the bathroom flooding, a writing submission deadline I know I'm not going to make, and everything in between, I've been pretty wiped out. The only real constant thing right now is that I've been doing some form of exercise almost every day which has been really good stress relief for me (though I have no idea how I'm doing it, I'm so tired LOL). Anyway, things aren't quite calm just yet but I'm still hoping to be back for this next challenge.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
9 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

 

Hi Waanie, thanks for checking in on me, I appreciate it. :)  I am...tired. So, so tired. Between work, friends' birthdays and other social engagements, dog's surgery (and dog's pacing after surgery and knocking into things all night every night with her cone), the bathroom flooding, a writing submission deadline I know I'm not going to make, and everything in between, I've been pretty wiped out. The only real constant thing right now is that I've been doing some form of exercise almost every day which has been really good stress relief for me (though I have no idea how I'm doing it, I'm so tired LOL). Anyway, things aren't quite calm just yet but I'm still hoping to be back for this next challenge.  

 

That all sounds super challenging, but awesome job keeping up with the exercise! 

  • Like 1

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

 

Link to post
On 6/13/2021 at 7:32 PM, Whisper said:

 

That all sounds super challenging, but awesome job keeping up with the exercise! 

 

Thanks! :) 

 

On 6/14/2021 at 8:37 AM, Waanie said:

Wow, that sounds like a lot, take good care of yourself! Hopefully your exercise will at least make you sleep more restfully, even though your mind must be overloaded with all that activity!

 

I'm doing my best. :) And it actually has been helping. As soon as I lay down I'm usually out, which is a nice bonus in all the madness. :D Now if I could figure out how to not wake up still exhausted I'd be all set.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
13 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Now if I could figure out how to not wake up still exhausted I'd be all set.

 

This is a thing many people would like :lol:. For me, the only thing that works well is to not overload my mental space, but from what I can see that's not an option for you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, Waanie said:

This is a thing many people would like :lol:. For me, the only thing that works well is to not overload my mental space, but from what I can see that's not an option for you.

 

Yeah, not so much. I just need to muddle through. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
23 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Now if I could figure out how to not wake up still exhausted I'd be all set.

 

9 hours ago, Waanie said:

This is a thing many people would like :lol:. For me, the only thing that works well is to not overload my mental space, but from what I can see that's not an option for you.

 

For me personally, meditating in that space between going to bed and falling asleep, seems to help me with this. Worth trying, maybe?

  • Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

Link to post
14 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

 

 

For me personally, meditating in that space between going to bed and falling asleep, seems to help me with this. Worth trying, maybe?

 

Oh that's a good idea, I will definitely need to try it. Thanks. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines