By The Power of Grayskull

Chest press 45kg 3x6, 1x4

Rows 55kg 3x8

seated db press 14kg dbs 2x8, 1x6 🤦‍♂️
laterals / goblets 3x10 / 3x8

band high pull 3x8

i added normal chest machine and will alternate with incline.

upped weight on rows.

very minor lower back injury from c+p so will so seated press for a while.

First, you have some awesome pictures sprinkled throughout this thread. Are you using a cell phone camera or do you actually use a real camera? 

Second, I'm curious what your background is. Has fitness always been a part of your life? For a mid-40s person, you seem to have a pretty regular habit of getting to the gym which is awesome. Just curious how that came to be. For reference I'm an approaching 40 (next year) mediocre athlete who picked up a habit for the gym in his late 20s to mid 30s, but I've struggled to get in regular workouts in the last few years. 

• That's Metal 1
On 4/21/2022 at 2:35 PM, Rooks said:

First, you have some awesome pictures sprinkled throughout this thread. Are you using a cell phone camera or do you actually use a real camera? 

Second, I'm curious what your background is. Has fitness always been a part of your life? For a mid-40s person, you seem to have a pretty regular habit of getting to the gym which is awesome. Just curious how that came to be. For reference I'm an approaching 40 (next year) mediocre athlete who picked up a habit for the gym in his late 20s to mid 30s, but I've struggled to get in regular workouts in the last few years. 

Hello

thanks! Photos are taken on an old iPhone 8 😱

I’m not at the 2 year mark in Switzerland so plenty of places still to visit.

on the fitness front I’m quite inconsistent as my job can be quite stressful. But I’m seeing some muscle development.  I like full bodies instead of splits as I sometimes miss workout outs.

I think not getting injured over 40 is key. Slow progression. That works for me anyway.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, AwayLifter said:

thanks! Photos are taken on an old iPhone 8 😱

If it's still taking great photos, who cares, right? :)

21 hours ago, AwayLifter said:

on the fitness front I’m quite inconsistent as my job can be quite stressful. But I’m seeing some muscle development.  I like full bodies instead of splits as I sometimes miss workout outs.

I think not getting injured over 40 is key. Slow progression. That works for me anyway.

Agreed. Maintain muscle and staying moving for as long as possible at this point. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Chest press 50kg 10x3

pulldowns 60kg 3x8

shoulder press 14kg dbs 9,9,7

goblet squats 25kg 2x8

band high pull 3x12

upped weight on chest press and pull downs.

1 extra rep on shoulders.

felt a twinge in my lower back during goblets so skipped last set. I have a small lower back injury from a few weeks ago.

Abs 3x15

Rear delt rows 10kg 3x10

rear delts bands:

Rows: 3x20

high pulls 3x20

pull aparts 2x20

running: fail!

added reps on reps on band rear delt rows.

I was supposed to do 20 mins running but stopped before 16 minutes as was wrecked. Had quite a few beers yesterday, so might be linked! I’ll try again in the week.

• Like 1

I’m having to give the cardio a rest as I’ve got a foot injury. It’s getting better with pain killers 🤦‍♂️

incline 50kg 8x3

pulldowns 65kg 3x8

landmines 10kg 3x10 each arm

goblets 3x8

high pulls 5x10

upped the weight 5kg on back.

added one arm landmine press out to the side. I’ll alternate with db shoulder press.

• Like 1

Front squats 50kg 6x3

bb incline 40kg 4x6

back 65kg 3x8

shoulders 14kg dbs 10,8,6

gunz

i added front squats back in and liked then.

I was finally able to incline not on the machine. I did some band pull aparts first.

I dropped weight on shoulders and want to do 3 sets not 4. I’ll try for 3x8 next time.

• Like 2

Sumo deadlifts 60Kg 4x6

dips -40kg 3x8

rows 65kg 3x8

ohp 30kg 4x6

curls / laterals

Did sumos as avoiding deadlifts to dye lower back issue. Liked them although weights are small so there is more ROM. I’ll add weight next time.

tried dips for the first time in ages.

db area was full so did bb ohp

• Like 1

Sumo deadlifts 60kg 3x8

incline bench 42.5kg 8x3

pulldown 60kg 3x8

shoulders 14kg dbs 3x8

curls / laterals 3x8 / 2x10

added reps on sumos. I’ll add weight but will stick to 3x8.

added weight on incline and will do 8x3 now.

used a different pull down machine and liked it a lot. I’ll have to use the quiet area machine as I seem to pull my sex face in this one.

I’m going to buy a home power rack. I have a spare room. There is a running track 10 minutes away. Will take 6 weeks or so but will order the floor matting and weights soon

• Like 2

Incline press 45kg 8x3

sumo 💀lifts 65kg 3x8

ohp 30kg 3x8

pulldown 60kg 3x8

curls / laterals 3x8 / 3x10

upped weight on incline and sumos.

got 3x8 on ohp this time.

bench, flooring has arrived. Weights and bars arrive later. Waiting for power rack and toolset. Ordered a chin up bar last night.

will test foot out with running tomorrow.