19 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Also, I still borderline hate everything, so every post here today is required to contain an amusing gif. Just so you all know.

Pop Tv Laughing GIF by Schitt's Creek

First result from the Gif button when searching for "Amusing."

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

23 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Pop Tv Laughing GIF by Schitt's Creek

First result from the Gif button when searching for "Amusing."

Watching old people suffer covid symptoms??

not amused the queen GIF

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

51 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

The Ankh-Morpork shop experience

I loved this. I must see more of this mitchell and webb thing.

Oh, right. amusing

Mask Panda GIF by chrixmorix

entertaining

Regular Season Lol GIF by NBA

and jolly

Happy Feeling Good GIF

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

6 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Watching old people suffer covid symptoms??

not amused the queen GIF

Remember where I work. Those who suffer from Covid symptoms are often not so...vertical.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

29 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I loved this. I must see more of this mitchell and webb thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Also, I still borderline hate everything, so every post here today is required to contain an amusing gif. Just so you all know.

dance moms lol GIF by Lifetime

how dare you picard GIF

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

2 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Active challenges: Improve Ankle Mobility | Walk to Mordor and Back Again | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP

2021 threads: Respawn | Challenge V | VI

2018-19 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV

11 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Brilliant! 🤣

Is it not, though? On the Ankh side, of course. A downmarket part of the Ankh side.

805f7adf620adb3e88695c1ddc523896--terry-

Sara opened an eye blearily. An ugly blue face with long ginger braids loomed large, which was a rare occurrence for a face that was one inch tall.

"Ach, so ye're awake, then," said Brother Big Wee Angus.

"Urk," said Sara. Really, it was more of a croak than a word.

"Jest checkin'," said Brother Big Wee Angus.

"Angus," said Sara, "you're not working for the city any more. You don't have to check up on me." I made sure, she thought to herself, I made very certain before I left town.

"Aye, but I'm a friendly scunner," said Brother Big Wee Angus cheerfully. "I didnae think ye shouldnae get a warm welcome home."

"Blergh," said Sara. With great effort, she opened the other eye.

"Wee hair o' the dog would help wi' that, y'ken," said the Feegle. "We'll go drinkin' tonight, aye?"

Sara groaned in a way that was certainly protest.

"Aye, tis settled then!" Brother Big Wee Angus rubbed his hands together gleefully. "We'll go oot for a few drinkies and get ye back in trainin'. What are ye trainin' for, now, lass?" He kicked her with a tiny foot.

Sara closed her eyes again. "Drinking. Fighting."

"Aye, the drinkin' and the fightin', and?"

"Stealing."

"The stealin', and?"

"Lying."

"Aye, the drinkin', the fightin', the lyin', and the stealin'." Brother Big Wee Angus grinned approvingly. "We'll make a feegle of ye yet, Big Job."

"Wonderful," said Sara. "Looking forward to it."

"I'm offski," said Brother Big Wee Angus. "I need tae drop intae the temple. Top secret history business, ye ken. Mystic monk shite." He jumped off the bed.

One occasionally saw monks on the streets of Ankh-Morpork, nondescript men in saffron robes who banged a tambourine or swept the streets. No one knew why. Who cares what monks did? They were just... monks. Except, in the course of city business, Sara had learned that, first, they had a temple by the shonky shop near Cockbill Street; second, they were History Monks who, it was rumored, did wild things with time; and, third, someone* in the order with more sense of humor than good practical sense had allowed a Nac Mac Feegle to join the ranks, and now he was running around Ankh-Morpork in a saffron kilt being a pain in her ass.

*It was @ChrisWithaStick.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

giphy.gif

Retstoring the balance with a trilby gif (there are rules) 

Gl3xnlwVOdHlC.gif.8013ad28cbaced98ee98e0599f4305e6.gif

• Like 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

4 hours ago, 18ck said:

Retstoring the balance with a trilby gif (there are rules) 

Gl3xnlwVOdHlC.gif.8013ad28cbaced98ee98e0599f4305e6.gif

Points for addressing the fedora shortfall, and extra points for addressing it with kittens.

13 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

giphy.gif

And you, you get points for using my proper title.

• Like 1

Whoa, I don't know what just happened there. Like an accidental sick day or something. I was on a normalish sleep schedule and everything, and, boom, 14 hour sleep day. Some days I really doubt my commitment to listening to my body's rest needs, guys. I AM NOT SICK THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME WHAT THE HELL.

Doubt Commitment GIF by Ava Davis

(Also, I miss a wider selection of non-literal sparkle motion memes. This is the internet telling me my meme game is old, and I won't have it. Someone set me up the bomb. Anyone? Anyone?)

someone vision GIF

Well, on the plus side, that sleep deficit may start going down, and the extra brain power may start coming back. I was struggling with that yesterday. I was very close to "it's too much work to feed myself" territory.

I have some dignity to uphold here, so, uh, if it looks like a sick day and it, er, quacks like a sick day...

• Like 6

On 5/6/2021 at 1:39 AM, sarakingdom said:

I checked my sleepometer for last night. Not good. Three hours. And I'm running a 16 hour deficit without that. 

On 5/6/2021 at 10:32 AM, sarakingdom said:

My usual warning flag is around 10 hours. That's where I have to start turning the ship around. Sadly, it's hard for me not to be running a ten hour deficit.

4 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I was on a normalish sleep schedule and everything

200.gif?cid=95b27944e3fefd757af54a69ab24

200.gif

Exactly which baseline are you using as "normal"? 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Whoa, I don't know what just happened there. Like an accidental sick day or something. I was on a normalish sleep schedule and everything, and, boom, 14 hour sleep day. Some days I really doubt my commitment to listening to my body's rest needs, guys. I AM NOT SICK THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME WHAT THE HELL.

Hatter already made the point I was going to try to make. :) 

It sounds to me as if your body is begging you to let it rest. Thinks of it as injury recovery if you need to, and provide as many rest opportunities as you can. If you need to take a sick day to make that happen, then do it. Taking a break to focus on recovery is what what sick days are for.

• Like 4

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

200.gif

Exactly which baseline are you using as "normal"? 😛

Ten hours of deficit and an approximately overnight sleep period. 😛

47 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Hatter already made the point I was going to try to make. :) 

I hate you all. :D

48 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

It sounds to me as if your body is begging you to let it rest. Thinks of it as injury recovery if you need to, and provide as many rest opportunities as you can. If you need to take a sick day to make that happen, then do it. Taking a break to focus on recovery is what what sick days are for.

Ugh. The only reason I'm okay with this is that if my body needs two back-to-back 7-hour sleeps, it probably is way in need of sleep, especially after weeks of doing two or three hours here and there. But I would like my brain to, you know, shape up and do something. I can't wait on it forever while it tentatively dips its toe in the waters of functionality.

In other recoveryish news, since batch cooking is happening again, but managing other ways of feeding myself is hit or miss these days, I'm planning to empty my freezer of ingredients and fill it with ready-to-go bentos. Last week's chili came close, so later this week, there will be a tex-mex batch cookery blitz. (Two things is a blitz, right?)

In order to muster the energy to do this, I'm going off-plan for a couple days, so I can focus on things that are not feeding myself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Ugh. The only reason I'm okay with this is that if my body needs two back-to-back 7-hour sleeps, it probably is way in need of sleep, especially after weeks of doing two or three hours here and there. But I would like my brain to, you know, shape up and do something. I can't wait on it forever while it tentatively dips its toe in the waters of functionality.

It is possible that the lack of sleep and the brain's struggle to function are closely related. You should test this hypothesis by sleeping a lot, and see if your brain's lack of shape-up-ness changes after giving it sleep.

11 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

In order to muster the energy to do this, I'm going off-plan for a couple days, so I can focus on things that are not feeding myself.

But you are still going to feed yourself, right?

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

4 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

It is possible that the lack of sleep and the brain's struggle to function are closely related. You should test this hypothesis by sleeping a lot, and see if your brain's lack of shape-up-ness changes after giving it sleep.

I like this theory, and wish to test it, but I am growing impatient with how long it is taking to be tested. I mean, it's great that I'm starting to see small improvements after months of quarantine burnout and all, but I need a greater return on my investment. We do not all live in packs of Homo sapiens willing to help us out when we break our legs.

8 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

But you are still going to feed yourself, right?

Yes. Out of forbidden boxes, probably.

• Like 1

Week 0 Day 6

Wheels to Spin:

• Wash 4 leftover containers
  • Put away the new yogurt
  • Find pants
  • Take out the trash
  • organize piles of jobs to make them look smaller and neater
  • TBD
  • Break

Spin Later:

• Dry the laundry
  • Check the grocery order
  • Order the groceries
  • Take out the trash
  • Do the social thing

Spun:

• Hydrate
  • Make food 1
  • Meds
  • Paperwork
  • Get out notebook and start a workday schedule
  • Ditto
  • Break (note to self, enforce this)
  • eat
  • Extra rest
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

I like this theory, and wish to test it, but I am growing impatient with how long it is taking to be tested. I mean, it's great that I'm starting to see small improvements after months of quarantine burnout and all, but I need a greater return on my investment. We do not all live in packs of Homo sapiens willing to help us out when we break our legs.

This is a problem we need to solve. The first thing we need to address is the significant drawback that gaining the benefit of a helpful pack would require us to actually live in a pack and do people things with them, like socializing. Which is unpleasant and sometimes gross.

As for recovery taking a while... it's likely or at least possible that the stress and pain your brain needs to recover from has been going on for a year or longer. I understand not wanting to wait, but it does make sense that recovering might take a while.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

This is a problem we need to solve. The first thing we need to address is the significant drawback that gaining the benefit of a helpful pack would require us to actually live in a pack and do people things with them, like socializing. Which is unpleasant and sometimes gross.

I can manage a reasonable amount of people things. However, interviewing a pack is unpleasant and gross. For some reason, I cannot select my pack members from a catalog or inventory.

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

As for recovery taking a while... it's likely or at least possible that the stress and pain your brain needs to recover from has been going on for a year or longer. I understand not wanting to wait, but it does make sense that recovering might take a while.

Ugh. Yes, minimum of two years. But, honestly, the better part of many years. If not for little things like "paying rent" and "having clean clothes", I'd be fine letting it recover at its own pace. But I like having clean clothes, a roof over my head, and the occasional meal.

• Like 4

On 5/6/2021 at 11:05 AM, sarakingdom said:

My fitness tracker app does a pretty good daily and weekly breakdown, with averages. (Since I'm using an open source one that's not manufacturer-approved, I'm not sure it's useful to everyone, but a lot of fitness trackers do this.)

I do like cool showers, and it's getting to be the season. A shower before bed often helps with rest, too.

There are times I can roughly keep a sleep schedule. The bedtime is always hard and never really gets easier, but doable. A lot of it comes down to what my body does 3-4 hours in. If it won't go back to sleep, I have to get that sleep elsewhere. I run such high sleep deficits as a matter of course that I just have to make more sleep happen. My sleep schedule now is unusual, even for me. Usually I wrestle with much smaller schedule issues. This has happened twice on lockdown, and is definitely caused in part by lockdown and plague and whatever. I fought with it for a while, which was a disaster, and chose to just roll with it till it was over.

I've had short periods like that. They don't stick, but they're pleasant.

Yeah, my body doesn't really do that. It's always a struggle with the ADHD impulses.

Confused Star Wars GIF

Based on this it would appear that I will be of very little help to you, in that I thrive on routines and they seem to stick. It's one of those "if it works for you" type of things. However, I do intend to stick around for moral support.

On 5/6/2021 at 12:46 PM, sarakingdom said:

dance moms lol GIF by Lifetime

I am taking my monthly tolerance break from coffee in a few days and I am mentally preparing myself for how irritable I will be for the first 48 hours of it, so I feel your pain.

• Like 2

"Flying is easy, its landing that's hard" - Sev

7 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

It is possible that the lack of sleep and the brain's struggle to function are closely related.

Indeed, it would be extraordinary if they were not.

7 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I like this theory, and wish to test it, but I am growing impatient with how long it is taking to be tested. I mean, it's great that I'm starting to see small improvements after months of quarantine burnout and all, but I need a greater return on my investment.

5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Yes, minimum of two years. But, honestly, the better part of many years. If not for little things like "paying rent" and "having clean clothes", I'd be fine letting it recover at its own pace. But I like having clean clothes, a roof over my head, and the occasional meal.

Are you feeling like sleeping stops you from working? I'm just wondering why regular adequate sleep can't be standard.

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Are you feeling like sleeping stops you from working? I'm just wondering why regular adequate sleep can't be standard.

There's a lot of overhead to sleep, especially if it's in more than one chunk of time. There's also a lot of overhead to work. And the 14 hour sleep days are particularly unhelpful.

• Like 2