29 minutes ago, 18ck said:

They're very emotionally distant, vulcans, so you're better off out. 

I'd have thought you'd be all in favor of the rigidly scientific approach!

Anyway, I'm broadly in favor of some Zen lack of emotional volatility, and mind melds look like fun.

Star Trek Bridge GIF by Paramount+

• Like 3

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

12 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Walk to the park, then do some online errands on your phone?

Once I get to the park, I can probably consider my main errand to be "walk a bit and listen to some music".

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

2 hours ago, 18ck said:

They're very emotionally distant, vulcans, so you're better off out. 

You're on a sarakingdom thread:

harry potter animation GIF

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 5/14/2021 at 1:57 PM, sarakingdom said:

I've been considering adding a very early morning walking the park, assuming the park is not full of maskless mobs at that hour. This probably won't do wonders for my sleep, but that's such a crapshoot anyway that I might as well cross my fingers and hope, and maybe schedule an afternoon nap.

It may not do wonders immediately, but I think that a routine morning walk may actually help you with sleep regulation. My morning mobility routines serve much in the same way.

• Like 1

"Flying is easy, its landing that's hard" - Sev

20 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You're on a sarakingdom thread:

Honestly, I dated one once. The only emotion they are capable of is fear of commitment. 

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

8 minutes ago, 18ck said:

Honestly, I dated one once. The only emotion they are capable of is fear of commitment. 

Given that their marriages are arranged when they're seven, it's hard to entirely blame them.

10 minutes ago, SkindianaBones said:

It may not do wonders immediately, but I think that a routine morning walk may actually help you with sleep regulation. My morning mobility routines serve much in the same way.

I have my fingers crossed. I'm also hoping more evening yoga will help, once the yogatorium is free again.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Given that their marriages are arranged when they're seven, it's hard to entirely blame them.

I have my fingers crossed. I'm also hoping more evening yoga will help, once the yogatorium is free again.

I haven't tried it - but it seems like a great way to wind down. For me that is a book, to take me away from the screen for an hour before bed. Usually puts me to sleep

"Flying is easy, its landing that's hard" - Sev

I have refilled my lazy hydration and food supplies. I'm even being all fancy, and repackaging my cheese and cold cuts into daily supplies. So I have a few days of being fed and hydrated with zero effort or thought.

Now on to the work part.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I have refilled my lazy hydration and food supplies. I'm even being all fancy, and repackaging my cheese and cold cuts into daily supplies. So I have a few days of being fed and hydrated with zero effort or thought.

Always nice to have some no-effort food ready to go. 

Speaking of which, I need to go prep some breakfasts. Thanks for the unintentional reminder!

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I need to do this for my lunches, I think. If not now, then definitely for when they make us go back into the office... I'm still determined to make bento lunches work for me when the times comes to go back to office work.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31

3 hours ago, Jarric said:

Speaking of which, I need to go prep some breakfasts. Thanks for the unintentional reminder!

3 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I need to do this for my lunches, I think. If not now, then definitely for when they make us go back into the office... I'm still determined to make bento lunches work for me when the times comes to go back to office work.

I'm a fan. And I'm definitely in a phase where I notice belatedly that I simply need two pints of fluid and 700 calories in me half an hour ago, and I'm still struggling to cook regularly, so it's a good option.

And all the store brand cold cuts come in reusable, microwaveable tupperware that's the right size for a decent meal, so it's pretty easy to shuffle them around when I get them in and save a few for meals.

• Like 1

Why, yes, I did delay two time-critical jobs for 11pm on Sunday night, what of it?

Season 4 Question GIF by 9-1-1 on FOX

ETA: Okay, down to one time critical job due to having the correct mailing address. That's more fun.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

And all the store brand cold cuts come in reusable, microwaveable tupperware that's the right size for a decent meal, so it's pretty easy to shuffle them around when I get them in and save a few for meals.

Wow, I wish shops here did that. Everything we get is in single use plastic packs 😠

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Am cleaning. Hate it. No Zen monk can make me like this. Not even a history monk can make me like this.

• Like 2

Week 2 Day 1

Cleaning. Meh. Overrated. I don't care what those monks say. I mean, it's better now that it's cleaner, but there are still jobs all over and I'm tired.

Wheels to Spin:

1. Clean up from lunch
  2. Creative work as brain rest
  3. Make a meal
  4. Dry laundry

Spin Later:

• Make a schedule for a deep spring clean
  • Make a routine for a light evening clean

Spun:

Spoiler
  1. Hydrate
  2. Laundry
  3. All the things
  4. Seriously, many dozens of things
  5. Shower
  6. Nap
  7. make food
  8. Open the mail
  9. Nap again
  10. Make a weekly plan

• Like 5

Hate to-do lists. Hate schedules. Why can I not simply garden and watch all-Vulcan series of Star Trek? I mean, apart from neither the garden nor the all-Vulcan series of Star Trek existing.

Woe is me, everything is terrible, and my brain objects strongly to braining. (It's also objecting mildly to not braining, I should point out.

I think I need a spring cleaning coach, or a synchronized cleaning team (where presumably we clean while doing Busby Berklee dance numbers). This is gonna take me a few days of modest cleaning sessions to get back to my usual slightly dusty benchmark, and another week to wrangle it to where I'd like it, and then I have organization and discarding projects to tackle.

Hermitty pandemic brain is hermitty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Okay. It is an axiom that all task resistance is lack of rest in disguise. It is therefore time for meditation and a nap.

comedy central season 6 episode 7 GIF by Workaholics

• Like 1

Cleaning is terrible and tedious and I loathe it. 

My sympathies.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31

On 5/2/2021 at 1:41 PM, sarakingdom said:

I'm testing a new schedule for spinning little wheels.

• Schedule 12 hours a day (this may vary some)
  • Deep work 4 hours a day (this is the theoretical optimum/maximum)
  • Schedule 8 hours of 5-minute tasks (all the little wheels that must spin)
  • Rest periods are built in
  • At the start, exercise is work rather than rest, because it's work to do the habit, but the goal is to graduate it to a rest period

Tuesday

Spoiler
Deep Work 1 Deep Work 2 Deep Work 3 Deep Work 4

Crunch numbers

Make spreadsheet Labwork Crunch photons
Work 1 Work 2 Work 3 Work 4
  • Post deep work break
  • Take down Hogswatch
  • Post deep work break
  • Prepare mailers for mailing
  • Post deep work break
  • Make food
  • Post deep work break
  • Server work
Start of Day Downtime 1 Downtime 2

End of Day

• Hydration and setup
  • Sunlight walk
  • Take out recycling
Creative work TBD
  • Yoga
  • PM fast clean

Wednesday

Spoiler

Crunch numbers

Make spreadsheet Labwork or study Crunch photons
  • Post deep work break
  • TBD
  • Post deep work break
  • TBD
  • Post deep work break
  • Make food
  • Post deep work break
  • TBD
Cleaning Unit 1 Cleaning Unit 2 Start of Day

End of Day

• Job 1
  • Job 2
  • Job 3
  • Rest
  • Hydration and setup
  • Sunlight walk
  • Yoga
  • PM fast clean

Thursday

Spoiler

Crunch numbers

Make spreadsheet Labwork or study Crunch photons
  • Post deep work break
  • TBD
  • Post deep work break
  • TBD
  • Post deep work break
  • Make food
  • Post deep work break
  • TBD
Start of Day Downtime 1 Downtime 2

End of Day

• Hydration and setup
  • Sunlight walk
Creative work TBD
  • Yoga
  • PM fast clean

Friday

Spoiler

Crunch numbers

Make spreadsheet Review study notes Crunch photons
  • Post deep work break
  • TBD
  • Post deep work break
  • TBD
  • Post deep work break
  • Make food
  • Post deep work break
  • TBD

End of Day

• Job 1
  • Job 2
  • Job 3
  • Rest
  • Hydration and setup
  • Sunlight walk
  • Yoga
  • PM fast clean

Saturday

Spoiler

TBD

TBD TBD Make food
Deep Rest 1 Deep Rest 2 Deep Rest 3 Deep Rest 4
TBD TBD TBD

TBD

Start of Day Weekend Business 2 Weekend Business 2

End of Day

• Hydration and setup
  • Sunlight walk
  • Take out recycling
Family call Family call
  • Yoga
  • PM fast clean

Sunday

Spoiler

TBD

TBD Make food Groceries probably
Deep Rest 1 Deep Rest 2 Deep Rest 3 Deep Rest 4

TBD

TBD TBD

TBD

End of Day

• Job 1
  • Job 2
  • Job 3
  • Rest
  • Hydration and setup
  • Sunlight walk
  • Yoga
  • PM fast clean

Home Decorating GIF by Robert E Blackmon

My brain is very, very tired and only newly able to be organized (and my sleep deficit is currently 50%), so I'm cushioning its schedule with extra downtime and optional bonus rest that will get phased out as I hone in on something more sustainable. Right now, it's a small price to pay for not having a hard brain crash. Due to the massiveness of my sleep deficit, even this might be ambitious for this week; I might simply not have this much brain. The progress for this week will just be in having a schedule at all.

To be slotted into the 12 cleaning jobs:

Spoiler
  1. Cabinet organize
  2. Fridge organize
  3. Finish last of the dishes
  4. Food portion and freeze
  5. One more pass over Mount Awful
  6. Finish mopping, sweeping, and rug
  7. More laundry
  8. Bathroom  deep clean
  9. One more pass over Mount Awful
  10. The kitchen could probably use another pass
  11.  Closet
  12. Tidy laundry room

To be slotted into work TBD (16-24 slots):

Spoiler
  1. Memory upgrade and file transfer on work tablet
  2. More server work
  3. Place order for summer things
  4. Grocery top up
  5. Tidy up plant pots and move to final location
  6. Replant microgreens
  7. Finish irrigation setup
  8. Plant some more herbs and lettuce
  9. Check notes for unfinished jobs
  10. Make some customer service calls
  11. This challenge only: bonus meditation
  12. This challenge only: bonus creative work
  13. This challenge only: bonus stretching
  14. This challenge only: bonus exercise

To be slotted into downtime TBD:

Spoiler
  1. More creative work
  2. Music
  3. Coloring books
  4. Watch Star Trek 2009
  5. Watch TNG?
  6. Audiobooks

This actually could be a lot of stuff done, if I can get most of it. It's not such a full schedule that I shouldn't be able to, but it's possible I'll simply have a schedule rejection day and go rogue. Who knows.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Cleaning is terrible and tedious and I loathe it. 

My sympathies.

It's the absolute worst, and I demand matriarchal power structures now. (I mean, not that this helps me, because I live alone, but depending on how strict a matriarchy we go for...)

It's doubly bad at the best of times, because ADHD on top of it being terrible and tedious and loathsome, but the past, ahem, six months have not been the best of times. Brain weasels and things have been sapping my energy.

But this fucker's gonna get clean. I have decreed it.

Dingy urban squalor is fine for an Ankh-Morpork challenge, I suppose, but I have a Star Trek one coming up, and that's neat to the point of sterility. How do they do it? You never see space janitors or cleaning robots. And yet, I can't imagine Picard or Kirk clean their own quarters. And someone has to polish the fingerprints off those touchscreens. Even on Voyager, which has a tiny crew, I know how they grow the food and cook the meals, but who vacuums?

I kind of feel like that's a universe where they put a stop to things like Elon Musk's endless range of bigger and better technological penis extensions, and this is why they have replaced the daily drudgery of women's work with food replicators and automatic vacuum technology, and have somewhat vulval spaceships instead of massive crotch rockets. If they'd fully thought that one through, women would be running the fucking Federation from  A to Z with all the damn time they've saved.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

I kind of feel like that's a universe where they put a stop to things like Elon Musk's endless range of bigger and better technological penis extensions, and this is why they have replaced the daily drudgery of women's work with food replicators and automatic vacuum technology, and have somewhat vulval spaceships instead of massive crotch rockets. If they'd fully thought that one through, women would be running the fucking Federation from  A to Z with all the damn time they've saved.

Or they'd delegate that to the other genders and enjoy some well earned down time and relaxation for as long as they wanted to. ;) 

Book Riot Challenge 2021

I'm experiencing that strange and rare feeling of... being basically done for the day. I'm going to make an easy meal, do something fun, and get up the energy to hang the laundry, and then I will sleep all the sleep. This is kind of a nice feeling.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Or they'd delegate that to the other genders and enjoy some well earned down time and relaxation for as long as they wanted to. ;) 

You raise a good point. "Oh, you want to make hourly command decisions and look after 400 people whose wellbeing you're entirely responsible for down to every atom they eat and every molecule of air they breathe? Have at it, my man; been there, done that. We're going to cocktail parties with diplomats and writing position papers for you to implement in between our lengthy seaside vacations. PS, the first person to pat a nurse on the ass gets ejected from the nipple on the top of your starship. Don't forget who you work for, space jockey."

Streaming Star Trek GIF by Paramount+

I kind of want the shiny tech, though.

• Like 4

My sleep tracker very occasionally glitches a little and misses some of my sleep, and, like, that's so disappointing, because I worked hard for that sleep, and I want credit for it. Three whole hours off my score, man. I beat my average.

I shall choose to believe it is motivating me to sleep more, but still, what a disappointment.

• Like 1