WhiteGhost Celebrates Mardi Gras

23 hours ago, 18ck said:

Anyone fancy a shag? 

shag_1200x675.jpg.cc3323d3732c82a21e64425f5982e62f.jpg

On point

22 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

That's the best-looking bird of the lot, but I hesitate to like or metal the post, lest it give the wrong idea.

But don't you think that looks like a good shag?

21 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

To be fair, most of it, to be honest, i missed  most of everyone's last challenge.

But i did remember posting there, so not completely. I just thought the GIF fit perfectly, and it was truth ;)

The GIF was, indeed, perfect :) 

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Very appropriate video for the last part of today's update

35 minutes ago, juliebarkley said:

Hooray for the continuation of the (NF peer-pressured) ice cream challenge!

Any chance you would enjoy the running better if it was from zombies?

Probably not, unless they were like real zombies.  The park I run at is way too crowded for randomly deciding when to sprint.  I basically just do intervals by upping the pace when the crowds thin a bit and then slow down when the path gets completely blocked off by people who can't figure out how to walk and talk at the same time.

23 minutes ago, 18ck said:

Jus spotted your NF rank "Coronavirus hipster". Strongly approve. 👍

I was already sick of it before it went mainstream ;) 

---------------------------

Yesterday was still part of the May holiday here so I slept in until late morning and then got up and got myself all caught up on NF.  In the afternoon both Ghostess and I had scheduled with the tattoo shop to go in and get some more work done, so we showed up there around 2 (our scheduled time) only to find out that neither of us could get our work done.  My artist had messed up his scheduled and double booked and already had a client in the chair when I got there.  Ghostess's shoulder still hadn't healed enough from last time so her artist said she needed to wait another week before she could do another session.

Since neither of us had anything to do for the rest of the afternoon, we headed over to a nearby mall and spent the day shopping.  Ghostess picked up a bunch of clothes and accessories and I picked up a new pair of running shoes.  I had just bought a pair of Nike shoes a month or so ago but after running in them for a few weeks I didn't like how they made my knees feel.  The new pair I picked up are a much more stable pair of Sauconys.

After we were done shopping we had some baked spicy fish and then headed over to Beijing Fang, which is an old section of town restored to look like it did during the Qing Dynasty. 

北京坊引进超30家品牌星巴克和无印良品酒店将开业_联商网

uRIz6Fw.jpg

vlamj1x.jpg

Many of the shops along the main street there were actually there during that time and have lasted through all of the turmoil that followed.  We walked along the streets looking at the sights and Ghostess even had a snack

W2FACSv.jpg

(Sichuan style pig brain)

• Like 7
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

23 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ghostess even had a snack

W2FACSv.jpg

(Sichuan style pig brain)

What is the mouthfeel of this particular delicacy?

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

2 minutes ago, deftona said:

What is the mouthfeel of this particular delicacy?

Mostly like liquid fire, but if you can get past the spiciness it is a lot like (fresh) tofu

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

My friend just sent me this and I felt like it needed to be shared here

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Level 2 Ninja

B....B....Brainsss?

Im all down for spicy food but I just don't know if I could do that one.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

All I know about the brain-eating comes from LA Beast.

As for the ice-cream, I've used mashed frozen bananas before as a base and it served me well.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, cn3wton said:

B....B....Brainsss?

Im all down for spicy food but I just don't know if I could do that one.

Zombie Brain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Maybe try being less alive more undead :P 

9 hours ago, sylph said:

I could not eat brains. Or any large-scale nervous tissue, really. Eyeballs are right out.

Not gonna lie, it took me a long time to work up the courage to try them.  They are actually not bad if you don't think too much about what you are eating.

7 hours ago, Teros said:

All I know about the brain-eating comes from LA Beast.

He shouldn't have bought the off brand stuff :D 

7 hours ago, Teros said:

As for the ice-cream, I've used mashed frozen bananas before as a base and it served me well.

Huh, I will definitely keep that in my back pocket in case I need to try something else

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Sheep brains are surprisingly tasty though, especially with some black pepper. The texture is a bit foamy and, well, you're eating brains, but tasty nonetheless.

My Brother-in-Law loves sheep brains and has offered to get me some if we ever make it down to Bolivia to visit them.  We had originally planned to go there this summer but we had to reschedule because the world had other plans

-----------------------------

Yesterday was the last day of vacation, but I had my weekday NF D&D game so I couldn't sleep in.  It was fun.  They managed to avoid one of the biggest traps in the module because they decided they already have enough treasure and didn't want to risk what was clearly bait.  The best part was when they found a key on a chain and I suggested that it would probably fit around someone's neck.  One of the players said they put in on and I ask "Wait, you seriously put it around your neck?" and it was hilarious to watch and see how fast they backpedaled.  It was just an ordinary chain (other than being made of platinum) :D   

After D&D, Ghostess went out with her friends to a fancy tea house and Ghostlet spent the day finishing his homework so that left me time to play Assassin's Creed Origins.  I made some more progress on the DLC I am playing through (Curse of the Pharaoh) and spent about an hour trying to kill one of the bosses.  He was slow but powerful so you have to spend a loooooong time whittling him down but he could kill me with a single combo so I had to be very cautious  and time everything just right.

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

You didn’t mention how you you make the ice cream. I have the ice cream ball, it is great fun, especially if you have kids around.

We used to have an electric ice cream maker that could sit on the counter, but I couldn’t find the exact model online. Made lots of ice cream with that thing. Only recipe I ever used was half milk, half cream, sugar and flavoring to taste. Strawberry is excellent.

There is also the classic Boy Scout technique, using zip lock bags.

And now I must go get the ingredients to make some ice cream.  

Spoiler

• Like 1

We tried the plastic bag method once in second grade. It didn't work, and as you might imagine, I was very unimpressed.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I have an ice cream maker that I have never used and it's just occurred to me this second, even though I have been following your journey with this for ages. Maybe I need to make my own tits and ice cream challenge component. 

How is the Origins DLC? I never got it, and I didn't 100% it either because I was too excited for Odyssey. I played Valhalla yesterday and every time I play it, I like it more. I did have an epiphany with it yesterday though and turned the brightness up and I am enjoying it way more now it's not so dark and broody. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emma said:

You didn’t mention how you you make the ice cream. I have the ice cream ball, it is great fun, especially if you have kids around.

We used to have an electric ice cream maker that could sit on the counter, but I couldn’t find the exact model online. Made lots of ice cream with that thing. Only recipe I ever used was half milk, half cream, sugar and flavoring to taste. Strawberry is excellent.

There is also the classic Boy Scout technique, using zip lock bags.

And now I must go get the ingredients to make some ice cream.  

Reveal hidden contents

Good point, I forget that the stuff I posted last challenge doesn't automatically find it's way into the brains of the people following this one

My first attempt was based on half whipped cream and half whipped custard but it tasted like mint flavored air.  No substance whatsoever.  2nd -4th attempts were based on heavy cream and condensed milk, with just one ingredient different to see how it affects things.  My next attempt will be with this same recipe and then future attempts will be something new.  Next up on the docket is heavy cream + evaporated milk + honey because someone mentioned in the comment section of the recipe that this variation got rid of the heavy milk flavor that comes from the condensed milk (and is also something Ghostlet complains about) 

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We tried the plastic bag method once in second grade. It didn't work, and as you might imagine, I was very unimpressed.

I have seen recipes for similar methods and I have to admit to being quite dubious

49 minutes ago, deftona said:

I have an ice cream maker that I have never used and it's just occurred to me this second, even though I have been following your journey with this for ages. Maybe I need to make my own tits and ice cream challenge component. 

You can probably dump whatever is in your freezer into the machine and it would come out like Dreyers.  It's witchcraft I say.

51 minutes ago, deftona said:

How is the Origins DLC? I never got it, and I didn't 100% it either because I was too excited for Odyssey. I played Valhalla yesterday and every time I play it, I like it more. I did have an epiphany with it yesterday though and turned the brightness up and I am enjoying it way more now it's not so dark and broody. 

I would compare "Hidden Ones" to Legacy of the First Blade and I think Hidden ones is probably better.  "Pharaoh's Curse" is quite Similar to the underworld one (I can't remember the name) as it is also set mostly in the underworld and, while I would still highly recommend it, it probably isn't quite as good the Odyssey version.  That said, I am still only about 2/3 the way through Pharaoh's Curse so my opinion may change over the course of this week. 

Does Valhalla ever get away from the whole pillaging thing and let you do things on your own?  

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

27 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Does Valhalla ever get away from the whole pillaging thing and let you do things on your own?  

It does. Did you make it out of Scandinavia? You end up in England pretty quickly, and from then on the Raids are just spots on the map to complete so you can upgrade your village. There are things they changed from the other AC games which I don't feel are improvements, but although I don't think it will ever be my favourite I do like it more that I did. There are changes that make sense given you're now a Vikingr, such as pledging to clans and areas. I cannot stress the bit about turning the brightness up enough though, and changing the controls to make it more similar to Odyssey and Origins. It takes a while because there can be button conflicts (I can screenshot my set up as a starting point if you need it) but I just couldn't get on with the new set up at all, it sucked big hairy balls. 

8 minutes ago, deftona said:

It does. Did you make it out of Scandinavia? You end up in England pretty quickly, and from then on the Raids are just spots on the map to complete so you can upgrade your village. There are things they changed from the other AC games which I don't feel are improvements, but although I don't think it will ever be my favourite I do like it more that I did. There are changes that make sense given you're now a Vikingr, such as pledging to clans and areas. I cannot stress the bit about turning the brightness up enough though, and changing the controls to make it more similar to Odyssey and Origins. It takes a while because there can be button conflicts (I can screenshot my set up as a starting point if you need it) but I just couldn't get on with the new set up at all, it sucked big hairy balls. 

Oh yeah, I am definitely going to have to go back to the controls I am used to.  I have no idea why they messed with that at all!  As for the brightness, I always turn it all the way up anyway because I project my xbox onto a big honking movie screen that takes up a whole wall.  The massive screen is awesome but it really limits how bright I can get things.

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

Projector screen sounds fun! 

I have dreams of building a drive in movie theater at my house this summer for friends and family.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

11 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Projector screen sounds fun! 

I have dreams of building a drive in movie theater at my house this summer for friends and family.

I cannot imagine your place is zoned for something that massive, but it sounds like the perfect way to get family and friends together in the middle of a pandemic.

-------------------------------------

Yesterday I finally made it to the park for a workout.  I focused on push exercises, with particular emphasis on planche and handstand pushup progressions.  I also did a bunch of gymnastics stuff on the high bar for good measure.  After my workout I went for a 5k "run" which was probably more walking than running.

In the afternoon I played AC Origins for a while and then when Ghostlet got home from school I made some Chicken Parmesan for dinner

xMdEDCs.jpg 

This time around I skipped the super fancy Alton Brown recipe and just looked at a bunch of different recipes to get a general idea of what went into it and and made it my own creation.  I think my way was better than what I got from trying to follow Alton Brown.

After dinner I got the 2 week Xbox live card I bought and got all signed up to see if it would work.  It seems like it does, so I am going to test it out playing online with Deffy sometime in the next week.  If it works maybe I can play ESO with someone as well ( @Mr_Willes, @Starpuck)

• Like 9

Level 2 Ninja

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

After dinner I got the 2 week Xbox live card I bought and got all signed up to see if it would work.  It seems like it does, so I am going to test it out playing online with Deffy sometime in the next week.

I am very excited about this! :D 

• Like 1

ESO is on console!?!?! I had it on PC on release but never stuck with it.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 9:44 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Your wording here is making me wonder if tits & ice cream could be enjoyed simultaneously but I feel like Deffy may be more qualified to field that question

It hadn't occurred to me that it wouldn't have occurred to others that these two things could be enjoyed together.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

16 hours ago, deftona said:

I am very excited about this! :D 

Me too.  I have the game all downloaded and ready to go

13 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Does ESO do crossplay. Cause i play on computer...

pinging @Starpuck

I don't even know, but I think so.

9 hours ago, cn3wton said:

ESO is on console!?!?! I had it on PC on release but never stuck with it.

I know it is on Xbox for sure, but probably PlayStation as well

4 hours ago, Shello said:

It hadn't occurred to me that it wouldn't have occurred to others that these two things could be enjoyed together.  

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED W/ SEB WESTCOTT — High Five For…

---------------------------------------

Yesterday I went out to the park and tried to do a pull workout but it was too hard.  After almost a moth of not working upper body I have lost all of the calluses on my hands and now I feel like I am starting over from scratch.  That combined with the additional weight I have put on really upped the difficulty level.  I at least did get some gymnastics stuff in, and am getting pretty good at my bar routine.  I should probably film it again sometime.

I didn't go for a run because I needed to be home around noon so I spent most of the afternoon gaming.  I finished off AC Origins which meant time to move on to AC Valhalla.  The adjustment to the controls is really taking some time and I really don't like that I can't tag enemies anymore.  I do not like having to go into a group battle and not being able to tell who is friend and who is foe.

On 5/6/2021 at 3:51 PM, deftona said:

I can screenshot my set up as a starting point if you need it

I would appreciate this

Dinner was Japanese Curry that I pulled out of the freezer. 

• Like 4

Level 2 Ninja

5 hours ago, Shello said:

Well, presumably a person who has a pair on their own body enjoys everything together with them, no?

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31

45 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Well, presumably a person who has a pair on their own body enjoys everything together with them, no?

Having something doesn't mean you necessarily enjoy it at the time.  I mean, I have a penis but I wouldn't say I enjoy cock & ice cream :P  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Level 2 Ninja

8 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Having something doesn't mean you necessarily enjoy it at the time.  I mean, I have a penis but I wouldn't say I enjoy cock & ice cream :P  

Decides Terrence Howard GIF

The cold of the latter has a deleterious effect on the former. 

• Haha 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath