WhiteGhost Celebrates Mardi Gras

18 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

He said that with how well these turned out I should really try making some Snickers bars, so guess who spent the rest of the evening online shopping for ingredients.

Exciting!!

I find some toast with nutella on one slice and peanut butter on the other slice tastes a lot like Snickers, just warm. :D 

• Like 1

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

17 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

My wife can make those too, and they are so much better than the commercial ones. But if you check the ingredients that goes into them, it's better not to eat them.

Oh yeah, I have looked at the ingredients and they are absolutely not health food

17 hours ago, 18ck said:

I've never tried an almnd joy bar but that definitely looks great. 

Sometimes you feel like a nut

17 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I had already planned for my "grab-and-toss" by then. Cause i sure as hell wasn't leaving an Urp down there, dead or not!

It's a good thing.  I considered having Slurp resist such a "cowardly action" but in the end his self preservation instinct overrode his pride

17 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I'm SO missing on these Urp adventures! I can't wait to play with you guys again!

You are, I can't wait to play one of these with you there.  Did you ultimately end up doing a Paladin or a Wizard?

10 hours ago, sylph said:

Outriders is really a blast to play. Not the most up to date graphics, but the abilities are really fun.

Cool, I am looking forward to it

6 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Dude your workout vids are so inspiring!

I wish we had stuff like that around here! 

Thanks!

What do you mean?  It is just a pullup bar and a couple of cement blocks.  You don't have those around there?  Usually it is me being jealous of all the things you guys have access to over there

5 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Exciting!!

I find some toast with nutella on one slice and peanut butter on the other slice tastes a lot like Snickers, just warm. :D 

That is definitely a much healthier option :D 

-------------------------

Yesterday started out with my weekday D&D game.  The group finished up the Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan module but they missed about half of the stuff in there because they were too paranoid about traps.  We are getting ready to move on the White Plume Mountain

After that was over, I spent some time playing Valhalla which was fun.  In the afternoon I decided that I wanted to make some cookies because apparently I am going all in on this getting fat thing.  The cookies I made were chocolate oatmeal

LfGSl29.jpg

I may have eaten half of the batch while they were still warm because I have no self control

Dinner was some Thai style beef with sweet peppers over rice.  It was OK but not great

Vt3Cq06.jpg

Once Ghostess got home, I helped her translate some materials she needed to review for a Board Meeting this morning 

• Like 9
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

You are, I can't wait to play one of these with you there.  Did you ultimately end up doing a Paladin or a Wizard?

I'm going to go with Wizard (because an orc wizard sounds hilarious to me)! But I forgot what level we're supposed to be.

Wurp has entered into the Fray!

• That's Metal 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

So I think in general, at least around here, the idea of adult fitness is rarely acknowledged or an afterthought. The best I have seen is the local college/school having a track where people can walk/jog.

I do of course live out in the sticks. But other than things like venice beach I don't really think there are many public fitness installations like that.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

21 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I'm going to go with Wizard (because an orc wizard sounds hilarious to me)! But I forgot what level we're supposed to be.

Wurp has entered into the Fray!

Nice!  Super looking forward to the games this weekend

9 hours ago, cn3wton said:

So I think in general, at least around here, the idea of adult fitness is rarely acknowledged or an afterthought. The best I have seen is the local college/school having a track where people can walk/jog.

I do of course live out in the sticks. But other than things like venice beach I don't really think there are many public fitness installations like that.

OK, I guess that makes sense.  I know a lot of folks go to schools or playgrounds to exercise.  In the bigger cities you also get things like adult gymnastics or circus which is not something offered here.

---------------------------------

Yesterday I started off sitting in on the Board of Directors meeting with Ghostess but after the prep work the night before she didn't really need me there.  However, later she and her boss discussed about it and they both think that it makes more sense for them to appoint me to sit on the board instead, so it looks like I am going to have to get up to speed on the company and industry.

After the meeting I went back to bed for a nap and the got up to play some Valhalla.  Later in the afternoon it was time for my game session with Deffy to play some Outriders.  I have to say this was definitely more fun than the mining game yesterday but boy howdy do we suck :D  We started out on normal difficulty and were getting absolutely nowhere.  We changed it to easy and made a bit of progress but it was still painstakingly slow because we were dying every time we hit an elite.  Bosses were almost impossible for us.  In the end we finally had to give up and just go with Story mode, and even in this mode we get killed pretty often :D   It was a lot of fun, though, and I am looking forward to doing it again next week.

That took up pretty much the rest of the day so when Ghostess got home from work we chatted for a bit and then went to bed.  

• Like 8

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

but boy howdy do we suck

We didn't suck, we just didn't want to disrespect the game.

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have to say this was definitely more fun than the mining game yesterday but boy howdy do we suck

There is definitely a learning curve. Knowing how your class heals is super important and being careful until you gear up and get better skills. Pyromancers are especially squishy in the early game.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, deftona said:

We didn't suck, we just didn't want to disrespect the game.

The game sure disrespected us, though :D

15 hours ago, sylph said:

There is definitely a learning curve. Knowing how your class heals is super important and being careful until you gear up and get better skills. Pyromancers are especially squishy in the early game.

I was planning to make a tank but figured Deffy would do that so I made a trickster instead.  Turns out Deffy made a technomancer so we are tankless.  I think everything goes better with a Tank.  I assumed the trickster would have some really powerful close range skill to justify getting into the thick of things but nope, he mostly just ends up killing a couple and then getting swarmed by the rest.    I am banking on him getting more powerful (relatively) as he levels up.

-----------------------------------

I spent almost all of yesterday working on a new backup character for @jonfirestar's one shot games.  This one is a half-orc Mystic (Order of the Immortals) named Murphy the Immortal, but everyone just calls him Murp.  I had a lot of fun pulling that together but it meant doing tons of research because I knew nothing about the Mystic class going into it and they are pretty complicated.  I made both a spreadsheet and a Word doc to use as cheat sheets for when I actually play the guy.

When Ghostlet came back from school he brought a friend with him so I got to watch them play a modified version of basketball in the living room before they got tired and went to work on homework :) After the friend left I made some Japanese style BBQ (yakiniku) for dinner and then watched Ghostlet play FIFA on the xbox.

• Like 8

Level 2 Ninja

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

I think everything goes better with a Tank.

Let me assure you this is most certainly true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • That's Metal 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I was planning to make a tank but figured Deffy would do that

Interesting! I never even considered the tank, I wonder why you thought that.

• Like 1

The half orc brothers and good boi smart dog sound like so much fun! 

I watched your gymnastic video with my heart in my throat. Dear God. I’m simultaneously suuuuper awe-inspired and suuuuper terrified for you. 

If I may ask- how/why are you living in China? Where are you from? (I lived in Ireland for a couple years and my nextdoor  neighbor was from China; she and her Irish husband had lived near Beijing for several years before coming to Ireland....her food was the beeeeeest) 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Let me assure you this is most certainly true.

I absolutely had you in mind when making that comment ;) 

18 hours ago, deftona said:

Interesting! I never even considered the tank, I wonder why you thought that.

When we were playing the space dwarf game you picked the tank and that one time when you payed D&D you also picked a tank so I figured that was your thing :D 

10 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

The half orc brothers and good boi smart dog sound like so much fun! 

It was super fun.  It is an ongoing non-regular thing that happens when our regular group can't all be there, so if you are interested you can sign up with @jonfirestar.  Low commitment, join when you have time kind of thing.

I watched your gymnastic video with my heart in my throat. Dear God. I’m simultaneously suuuuper awe-inspired and suuuuper terrified for you. 

I have straps on my wrists to keep me attached to the bar, so as long as the bar doesn't fall down it isn't too dangerous

If I may ask- how/why are you living in China? Where are you from? (I lived in Ireland for a couple years and my nextdoor  neighbor was from China; she and her Irish husband had lived near Beijing for several years before coming to Ireland....her food was the beeeeeest) 

I am from the US (Born in CA, moved all over.  Did middle & high school in Utah so consider that home).  I have been living in Asia for most of my adult life, though.  After I graduated university I got a job in Tokyo, which later transferred me to Hong Kong.  While there, I felt like it was important for me to learn Chinese so I moved to Beijing to study Chinese full time.  My original plan was to be here for 1 year, but I have now been here 17 and have no plans to leave :D 

-------------------------------------------------

yesterday morning was supposed to be my Family D&D session but most of the group couldn't make it so we cancelled for this week.    Instead of D&D I got caught up on NF and spent some more time preparing for the D&D game later that night.  

In the afternoon, Ghostess and I went out car shopping because she really wants a Tesla.  We went there planning to get a Model Y but after comparing everything decided to just go with a 3.  I couldn't believe how simple the process was compared to all the other times I have been car shopping.  It was very similar to just doing a bit of online shopping.  We should get our new car in 2-4 weeks.

In the evening, the In-Laws wanted to take Ghostlet out to celebrate his mid-term grades.  My FIL went to a Parent-Teacher Conference on Friday and has been absolutely beaming with pride for ever since.  We ended up going to a fancy Peking Duck place which was amazing but I overate by A LOT.  The food was amazing, though, so you can't really blame me for that.

After dinner it was time for D&D again and it was "the Adventures of the Urp Brothers" again.  This time around we had me with my fighter, @Mr_Willeswith his barbarian, @Red1263, with his wizard and @starsapart with her Gnome Artificer.

Spoiler

We started out walking into the house of some dude who was supposed to be buying some artifact from us but decided to double-cross us and kill us once he got the artifact.  It did not end well for him, but before he died he managed to summon up a few demons that kind of messed us up a bit before we could finish them off.    One of the things we were fighting was a strange armored knight looking thing that ended up being 3 kobolds dressed up in a suit of armor :D  That was pure fan service from @jonfirestar, our lovely DM.    Instead of taking a well needed rest, we decided to go check out the other rooms.  In a further room into the house, my fighter ran into a succubus and essentially asked her to charm him.  She did so and then asked him to keep everyone from coming in while she unleashed a bunch of other demons.  Being an idiot, I of course misinterpreted everything she said and as soon as a demon was summoned I would grapple it and throw it into the room with the rest of the party and then lock the door so they couldn't come back in.  After 3 rounds of this, she got fed up and just told me to kill my brother (the barbarian one), which at this point I was more than willing to do because 1) I was charmed and 2) my brother is kind of a jerk anyway :D  

Once I got him down to 0 HP, the Gnome managed to hit me with a projectile getting me out of my charm but I still wanted to impress the succubus so I was still trying to keep everyone out of her room.  We ended with the scubbus fleeing to another plane and the rest of us (except the gnome) all at or close to 1HP, as is pretty normal for the games.  I don't know how @jonfirestar manages to do it so perfectly, but every single one of these games has left the party completely depleted of health and resources right after killing the BBEG after almost exactly 3 hours of game time.   It is uncanny.  I am super looking forward to another bonus session of this tonight :)

• Like 8

Level 2 Ninja

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am from the US (Born in CA, moved all over.  Did middle & high school in Utah so consider that home).  I have been living in Asia for most of my adult life, though.  After I graduated university I got a job in Tokyo, which later transferred me to Hong Kong.  While there, I felt like it was important for me to learn Chinese so I moved to Beijing to study Chinese full time.  My original plan was to be here for 1 year, but I have now been here 17 and have no plans to leave

Fair play to you, living abroad is not for the faint of heart! So, do you speak Chinese? Funny story, I’M from Utah, too!!!! I live in the Ogden area- moved away a few times, but I keep coming back like a boomerang. 
That DnD group sounds super fun- we only play every other week and I’ve never actually been a player, so I’d love to join up. I’ll send Jon a message! 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Fair play to you, living abroad is not for the faint of heart! So, do you speak Chinese? Funny story, I’M from Utah, too!!!! I live in the Ogden area- moved away a few times, but I keep coming back like a boomerang. 
That DnD group sounds super fun- we only play every other week and I’ve never actually been a player, so I’d love to join up. I’ll send Jon a message! 

You are more than welcome to join in :) It's just a fun and whacky game with very low commitment requirements. Just join when you want to. 

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I don't know how @jonfirestar manages to do it so perfectly, but every single one of these games has left the party completely depleted of health and resources right after killing the BBEG after almost exactly 3 hours of game time.   It is uncanny.  I am super looking forward to another bonus session of this tonight :)

I mean do you really want to know? lol. The time thing is actually really easy though. The dungeons have 4 encounter rooms and that's that. 

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

15 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

tesla GIF

haha, we didn't splurge on a high end model like that one :P 

11 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Yep, I speak Chinese but I haven't put much effort into it for a while so I still struggle sometimes.

Ogden is a nice place, so I can understand how it can drag you back.  My brother lives in Roy and I have a sister in Bountiful.

5 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I mean do you really want to know? lol. The time thing is actually really easy though. The dungeons have 4 encounter rooms and that's that. 

Haha, no!  But I just want to say that whatever you are doing, keep doing it because it is perfect :D 

-----------------------------

Yesterday was Sunday so we started out with church.  We are back to meeting in person this week, which is really unusual for China.  Even though the country has been back to normal for a long time now, we are the only foreign congregation (of any denomination) to be allowed to resume in person meetings.  We have to be on our best behaviour because we are being watched closely by the highest levels of government from both the Chinese and US side.  Church itself was really great and it is nice to be back to meeting in person.

In the afternoon I spent some time prepping for the D&D game in the evening and then in the evening, Ghostess and I both went to the gym.  I was feeling surprisingly good, and almost all of my lifts were back up to or close to my peak numbers from before Covid.

Later in the evening it was time for D&D once again with our notorious Urp & Urps Adventuring Guild, this time with @Red1263, @juliebarkley, @starsapart, @DarK_RaideR, and with the illustrious @jonfirestar at the helm. 

Spoiler

We started out the adventure facing off against something vicious that had a giant mouth and complained about being hungry.  Whatever they were, they had like a bazillion HP and it took us forever to take them down.  My character (Murphy the Immortal Mystic) got caught between them and lost nearly 100HP in the process.  Lesson "learned" here is that people without armor probably shouldn't get into melee :D .  DR's Hobgoblin Paladin also got into the fray whomping on them with his sword and hitting every single time he attacked (but only because his character has too much pride to be seen missing and used up most of his spell slots fixing any misses :D ).  The bardic inspiration from Julie's Halfling gnome also helped with that.  One of the highlights from the evening was when the halfling ran up between the paladin's legs, touched the creature and whispered gently "I hate you" as he cursed the thing.  The addition whisper of "but not you" as he then inspired the paladin was the cherry on top.  Red's wizard had already learned his lesson about social distancing staying out of melee range and spent most of his time shooting off spells from the back.  Star's gnome artificer had a fancy literal heal bot that gave everyone a bunch of temp HP every round which really helped keep us all alive through this.  

After we finished off the first two monsters we headed deeper into the dungeon and found a locked and trapped door.  Seeing how Burp & Slurp were not there, they actually did a prudent thing and went elsewhere :D Instead they found another room with trolls and a giant master troll thing and the paladin wisely kept us all out of the room to strategically create a choke point for them.  It turned out to not be necessary though because Red's wizard managed to hypnotize all of the regular size trolls and the big one had enough reach to hit most of the folks hiding behind the paladin guarding the door.  By this point we all pulled out the big guns and started just wailing on these guys.  Once we dropped the big guy we then entered the room and started on the rest of the trolls, but since we were not holding anything back by this point we were able to mop them up pretty quickly.  It didn't hurt that most of our players specialize in either fire or acid damage ;) 

After this we found a secret door leading to a pool of acid.  Not being able to figure out if the lever attached drained the acid out and not even bothering to try, my mystic just reached in and pulled it out.  Much to our shock and surprise it contained:

Spoiler

a Deck of Many Things (a stack of playing cards that unleashes ultimate chaos when used)

By this time we were all out of time and wrapped things up.

It was, once again, a very enjoyable way to spend an evening!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Ninja

21 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yesterday was Sunday so we started out with church.  We are back to meeting in person this week, which is really unusual for China.  Even though the country has been back to normal for a long time now, we are the only foreign congregation (of any denomination) to be allowed to resume in person meetings.  We have to be on our best behaviour because we are being watched closely by the highest levels of government from both the Chinese and US side.  Church itself was really great and it is nice to be back to meeting in person.

Big Brother Panda GIF

No joke, that's the first gif to come up in google image search for "Big Brother."

Why would the US government care what your church does?

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Why would the US government care what your church does?

The US Government doesn't care what our church does, they care what the Chinese government allows our church (and other churches) to do here.  I suspect they care in general what most of our members do here (church or otherwise), though, given that the vast majority of our members are diplomats :) 

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

33 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

The US Government doesn't care what our church does, they care what the Chinese government allows our church (and other churches) to do here.  I suspect they care in general what most of our members do here (church or otherwise), though, given that the vast majority of our members are diplomats :) 

That makes sense :) 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Yesterday started out with my weekday D&D game.  The group finished up the Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan module but they missed about half of the stuff in there because they were too paranoid about traps. 

The whole thing was a weird, weird deathtrap dungeon feel; can you blame us?! I am curious what terrible fate we missed out on by failing to be greedy.

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

In the afternoon I spent some time prepping for the D&D game in the evening and then in the evening, Ghostess and I both went to the gym.  I was feeling surprisingly good, and almost all of my lifts were back up to or close to my peak numbers from before Covid.

After hearing that your lifts maintained and watching your gymnastics video, I can only conclude that your Xbox time is somehow keeping your fitness up. Have at it, I guess.

• Like 2

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yep, I speak Chinese but I haven't put much effort into it for a while so I still struggle sometimes.

I was very surprised when your wife came home when we were playing together and you spoke to her in English. I  think I just assumed you spoke to your family in Chinese. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

We have to be on our best behaviour because we are being watched closely by the highest levels of government from both the Chinese and US side. 

This is so creepy... Comes with living in China I guess?

• Like 1

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

After this we found a secret door leading to a pool of acid.  Not being able to figure out if the lever attached drained the acid out and not even bothering to try, my mystic just reached in and pulled it out.  Much to our shock and surprise it contained:

I love how you solved the pool of acid puzzle by just sticking your arm into it. Simple, brute force, but effective. 

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I love how you solved the pool of acid puzzle by just sticking your arm into it. Simple, brute force, but effective. 

I mean, he had a bunch of hp, resistance to acid and various healers standing by. It wasn't as risky or suicidal as it sounds.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That makes sense :) 

A lot of things do when you have enough information :) 

10 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

The whole thing was a weird, weird deathtrap dungeon feel; can you blame us?! I am curious what terrible fate we missed out on by failing to be greedy.

Mostly you missed out on obtaining a bunch of magic items and losing a bunch of HP and spell slots ;)   I made up for the former through a generous offer from your patron :) 

10 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

After hearing that your lifts maintained and watching your gymnastics video, I can only conclude that your Xbox time is somehow keeping your fitness up. Have at it, I guess.

I am really relieved to learn this.  By the end of the challenge, Deffy and I are going to be the fittest people on the planet.

6 hours ago, deftona said:

I was very surprised when your wife came home when we were playing together and you spoke to her in English. I  think I just assumed you spoke to your family in Chinese. 

Yeah, I usually talk to her in English and she talks to me in Chinese.  I think scientists call this Regression around the Mean or Occam's Razor or something.  I just call it us being lazy.  Speaking of playing together, do you have time tomorrow or Wednesday?

5 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

This is so creepy... Comes with living in China I guess?

I feel like an expectation of privacy from the government is a very Western concept.  At least over here they are upfront about it instead of getting it through back door channels from the IT companies that stole collected it from you.

4 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Proficiency with Simple, Brute Force is prerequisite for the Urp & Urps application form

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I mean, he had a bunch of hp, resistance to acid and various healers standing by. It wasn't as risky or suicidal as it sounds.

Yeah, I didn't feel particularly worried about getting in there.  At first I thought it was deep and wondered how many HP he would lose from swimming down to the bottom :D  

• Like 3

Level 2 Ninja