WhiteGhost Celebrates Mardi Gras

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Speaking of playing together, do you have time tomorrow or Wednesday?

Yes! :) Wednesday if that's ok? I have some video calls in the afternoon but I am free in the morning.

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

31 minutes ago, deftona said:

Yes! :) Wednesday if that's ok? I have some video calls in the afternoon but I am free in the morning.

Perfect.  Looking forward to it :) 

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

The NF D&D session sounds like a wild ride!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

Sounds like good things.  In person church, D&D, good stuff.

I've been showing off your tatts to people lately.  A lot of Tatt Talk around these parts.

• Like 1

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

8 hours ago, cn3wton said:

The NF D&D session sounds like a wild ride!

They always are :) 

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Sounds like good things.  In person church, D&D, good stuff.

I've been showing off your tatts to people lately.  A lot of Tatt Talk around these parts.

Definitely some good stuff happening around here :) More tat stuff in the update...

------------------------------

Yesterday I woke up feeling like garbage after staying up too late playing D&D and then getting up super early to take Ghostlet to school + feeling like I am coming down with a cold.  I took some medicine and went back to bed.

In the afternoon I headed over to the tattoo shop for another session.  He originally said he was going to finish off the top part of the shoulder but instead went with the part I have been dreading: the edges.  He did the unfinished part of my chest between the nipple and the armpit, down the outside of the arm section and then the back of the armpit and some stuff on my back.  All of the most tender and painful sessions on the day I was already not feeling great :(  Needless to say it was not a really enjoyable session but I think it is looking pretty good.

The only stuff left is some text under the compass on the back and some more text up on the shoulder.

• Like 9

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

20 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Looks great! Pain is temporary, tattoos are forever 😝 hope you’re feeling better and get some sleep! 

Thanks!  Sleep has not been great :( 

----------------------------------

Yesterday I felt like garbage again and am in full blown sick mode.  Luckily I don't have to play the "is it the The Thing?" game and have been taking cold meds to help me feel a little better.

I spent most of the day doing a bunch of nothing, checking up on NF, played a very little bit of Valhalla, but mostly just napping or vegging.  In the evening I did get up to make some dinner.  I tried to replicate a recipe for some dish that replicates whatever dish Hamburger Helper tries to replicate.  It tasted pretty good but was not very photogenic

AqS6anF.jpg

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

Yesterday was still a sick day and I was feely pretty cruddy, but it was still a fun day overall.

In the morning I had D&D with my weekday crew who are getting started on the White Plume Mountain module.  They are still a level down drown from the recommended minimum level for the dungeon, but they all have an extra feat and I gave everyone a magic item so they will probably be OK.  One of the rooms coming up is going to make some of them very angry, though... :devilish:

After D&D I got on the xbox and played some Outriders by myself because I wanted to try out the Tank.  I had him fairly built up by early afternoon, so around 4 I got online with Deffy and we had another full day Outrider session which was a blast.  I used the Tank for this one to see how the gameplay compares with the Trickster and I think I like it a little better.  I will probably stick with this one for future sessions.  The game was tons of fun and we played for about seven hours :D   I was not really sure about this game when we first started, but I am really loving it.

• Like 8

Level 2 Ninja

Excellent write up, as always, but it wasn't me who charmed everyone, I was the one that turned the giant creature into ashes... Along with whatever useful loot he might've dropped :P 

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

18 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Excellent write up, as always, but it wasn't me who charmed everyone, I was the one that turned the giant creature into ashes... Along with whatever useful loot he might've dropped :P 

Oops, I couldn't remember who did that and thought it was you.  Who cast the hypnotic pattern?  At any rate, not too shabby for not having written any of it down and going completely from memory :P 

-------------------------------

Yesterday I was not in the mood to do anything so I went back to bed after dropping Ghostlet off and ended up sleeping until almost 2pm 😮 

After I got up I played some Valhalla until dinner time which was Yakiniku again.  I was planning to sleep around 11 but somehow ended up sitting in front of my computer and my "just check one thing really quickly" turned into a 2 hour time sink

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

18 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

After I got up I played some Valhalla until dinner time which was Yakiniku again.  I was planning to sleep around 11 but somehow ended up sitting in front of my computer and my "just check one thing really quickly" turned into a 2 hour time sink

Ah yes the dreaded "just one more thing."

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

10 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Ah yes the dreaded "just one more thing."

It's a sneaky little devil for sure

----------------------------------

Yesterday I was feeling much better, although still not 100%.  I had to go downtown in the morning to take care of some things at the church building (the building is upgrading the electrical meters and needed someone to accompany them).   I had a few hours between dropping Ghostlet off at school and when I needed to be there, so I spent some time trying to learn "Well, This is Shit" on the ukulele.  I was doing reasonably OK with the chords, but the strumming is really fast and the G to E and G to B progressions were really messy.  I plan to work on this more because it is just such a fun song.

Around 10am I headed downtown to take care of the electricity meter thing.  Once I was done there, I decided to run to one of the import shops they have on the East side of town because I was getting dangerously low on cheese.  The one I wanted to go to had absolutely no parking within several miles (I circled several times looking) so I had to go to a different one.  The one I ended up at had a pretty poor selection but I was still able to get some cheddar, swiss, blue, and feta.  They didn't have any parmesan or   gouda, but I can sometimes find parmesan at Sam's Club.  At any rate I have enough to survive for a while.  

In the afternoon I decided to try making some homemade Snickers bars.

XCXVLVb.jpg     4Yk4dmw.jpg

The flavor was pretty much spot on, but the nougat was a lot tougher than the commercial ones.

I am facing a pretty serious dilemma now, though.  The website I used to make the Snickers bars has hundreds of dessert recipes that I want to try making, but I don't have anyone to help me eat it all.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Level 2 Ninja

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am facing a pretty serious dilemma now, though.  The website I used to make the Snickers bars has hundreds of dessert recipes that I want to try making, but I don't have anyone to help me eat it all.  

Won't your family eat them?

You could always try Chocolate Covered Katie because they're healthy! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, deftona said:

Won't your family eat them?

You could always try Chocolate Covered Katie because they're healthy! 

Ghostlet will eat a few but he isn't the type to just stuff a bunch in his face so they end up hanging around forever.  He clearly didn't get my genes...  😒  Ghostess won't eat them because she is trying to eat healthy and has loads of self control.

My problem isn't that I want to eat dessert.  My problem is that I want to make them, and the ones I want to make are not those healthy abominations that pass themselves off as some kind of dessert proxy.  Perhaps I could get Ghostess to take them to work to pass along to her coworkers...

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

9 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ghostlet will eat a few but he isn't the type to just stuff a bunch in his face

9 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ghostess won't eat them because she is trying to eat healthy and has loads of self control.

Does Not Compute Gif GIFs | Tenor

99% of the problems I have in my life could be solved overnight if you could find a way of bottling this and sending it to me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

The website I used to make the Snickers bars has hundreds of dessert recipes that I want to try making, but I don't have anyone to help me eat it all.  

Jennifer Lawrence Volunteer GIF

Those snickers bars look amazing!

• Like 2

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

My problem isn't that I want to eat dessert.  My problem is that I want to make them, and the ones I want to make are not those healthy abominations that pass themselves off as some kind of dessert proxy.  Perhaps I could get Ghostess to take them to work to pass along to her coworkers...

Are you still doing church online? 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

21 hours ago, deftona said:

Does Not Compute Gif GIFs | Tenor

99% of the problems I have in my life could be solved overnight if you could find a way of bottling this and sending it to me. 

Ha, if I could figure out how to bottle it up, I could solve most of my own issues.

21 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Jennifer Lawrence Volunteer GIF

Those snickers bars look amazing!

I will save some for you for when you come over ;) 

11 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Are you still doing church online? 

Way ahead of you on this one.  I took a box of them to church with me today and they were much appreciated.  I am responsible for the 12-13 year old boys for the second hour (Sunday School) and I now have a fixed group of guinea pigs :D 

--------------------------

Yesterday I didn't have anything in the morning so both Ghostlet and I slept until noon.  After we got up he did his homework and I just kind of puttered around the computer getting caught up on NF and other things.  I also may have spent an unholy amount of time looking at dessert recipes :D 

For dinner Ghostlet wanted to order hamburgers but I was not in the mood for that so we compromised.  I ordered ground beef and we made our own hamburgers.

3QKMuFt.jpg

Luckily I had picked up some cheese slices and hamburger buns at the import store on Friday

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

Yesterday started with church in the morning which was nice as always and gave me a chance to distribute some sweets I didn't want to eat myself.  

In the afternoon we had the cleaning lady come over and I always feel like I shouldn't be playing when other people are working around me so I stayed off the xbox and made myself look busy, mostly getting caught up on NF.

Once she left it was time for a quick dinner of tuna melts before it was time to take Ghostlet to his swimming practice.  The original plan was to meet Ghostess at her gym after for a workout but her flight was delayed se we just came home and ended up getting here right about the same time she did.  

Instead of going to the gym I stayed home and got ready for D&D which was another session of Urp & Urps

The session this time was comprised of myself playing my half-orc fighter, @Mr_Willes playing his Tortle Druid and @starsapart playing her half-orc Rogue.  @jonfirestarwas our lovely DM

Spoiler

We started out in a dungeon as we are wont to do, and the first thing we encountered was a set of double doors.  Slurp (my fighter) decided he wanted to show off for his sister and did a running double leg drop kick against the doors to open them (not that they needed it because they weren't even locked).

Once inside the room we faced off against a bunch of undead stuff (ogre zombies, skeletons, and a more powerful spell casting skeleton).   The undead told us to get out and tell the dwarves (the folks who hired us) that this was their dungeon and we needed to get out.  We (meaning the rogue) counter offered and asked how much they would pay us to walk away.  Silly undead should have taken the deal

Slurp (the fighter) and Swurp (the rogue) did their normal fighter and rogue things while most of the excitement came from Torp (the Tortle).  First he polymorphed one of the ogres into a rabbit.  He then used some magic chalk to draw a hole in the floor and tossed the bunny in.  He then dropped concentration and the bunny returned to ogre form, but in a 2 foot by 5 foot hole.  In order to get out of the hole, it had to literally rip itself in half and leave its legs in the hole :D .    The spell casting skeleton was throwing all kinds of stuff at us but to little effect and soon ran out of both spell slots and the room.  The Tortle summoned a pair of dire wolves to distract the zombies while the rogue chased the skelly into the next room.   I also forgot to mention the Tortle also summoned a unicorn spirit that pranced around the room healing people.

After killing the rest of the undead we followed the rogue into the next room to kill the cowardly skeleton only to find an undead beholder in there.  It summarily dismissed all of the tortle's summoned creatures, scared the pants off of the rogue and nearly turned the fighter into a statue.  The fighter managed to get close to the thing while the rogue hid in the first room and sniped at it.  The tortle summoned an air elemental which the beholder quickly charmed into fighting for him instead.  It wasn't long before my fighter was making death saves, but luckily the rogue was rolling very well (on disadvantage even) and managed to kill the thing just in time.  Both the fighter and the rogue were arguing trying to prove the other was lamer for running away/getting killed :D 

After a short rest, we all headed into the next room and found a huge pile of treasure.  I noticed some of the coins seemed to be moving and made the logical conclusion that the pile of treasure was sentient.  I ran up and did my double leg drop kick on the pile of coins but it turned out that it was just regular coins but inside was a dracolich.  It came out and all of us failed our saving throws and decided this thing was super scary and tried a different room.  The different room had a zombie beholder and loads of undead, at which point we decided the treasure looked more appealing and went back to the dracolich.  We repeated our offer of "pay us not to kill you" and somehow rolled a dirty 20, a 21 and nat 20 on our intimidation checks while the dracolich rolled a 2 on its save :D It agreed to give us each one magic item if we would just go away and let it sleep, which we thought was a fair deal.

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 1

Level 2 Ninja

I just cant get into tuna. Unless its spicy tuna rolls or something like that I just can't. I've had one good tuna based dish outside of sushi that I liked and that place closed years ago. I just don't know how people can do it...

Maybe I am the wierd one?

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 1:12 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Well, now, wait a minute.

Can those recipes be shipped?

Because if so, I am totally willing to sacrifice my figure for your sake. Yes, it'll be a sacrifice, but it's one I'm willing to make because I care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Intimidating the draco lich into giving up treasure ended up being the best!

And i need to redo my spelllist!

I don't know how we managed to pull that off, but it will definitely be something long remembered.  

I look forward to seeing what fun stuff you come up with

6 hours ago, cn3wton said:

I just cant get into tuna. Unless its spicy tuna rolls or something like that I just can't. I've had one good tuna based dish outside of sushi that I liked and that place closed years ago. I just don't know how people can do it...

Maybe I am the wierd one?

I don't like baked tuna and have a lot of negative memories associated with tuna casserole.  Tuna salad on a sandwich is fine and I even enjoy it straight from the can.  I also like it in a pasta salad.  In sushi form (either raw or seared) is always delicious.  

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

Well, now, wait a minute.

Can those recipes be shipped?

Because if so, I am totally willing to sacrifice my figure for your sake. Yes, it'll be a sacrifice, but it's one I'm willing to make because I care.

Haha, I appreciate your willingness to sacrifice for my benefit.  Your charity knows no bounds :P 

-------------------------

Yesterday I was planning to work out but ended up sleeping until almost noon instead.  Ghostess decided to take a work from home day to recover from her business trip and and we enjoy sleeping in together :) 

In the afternoon I went to the airport to pick up the car that Ghostess left there (she had to change her return flight on Sunday and came back through a different airport) which took me the better part of the afternoon.  When I got back I did a bunch of organizing around the house with Ghostess while she listened to her meetings on the speakerphone.  

In the evening I spent some time reading the manual for the new game @DarK_RaideR is running trying to figure out how it works and what kind of character I want to play.  I am going to play an elf mage who doesn't know any combat magic.  Any combat is going have to be done old school, with a bow & arrow and a dagger.

• Like 9

Level 2 Ninja

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I look forward to seeing what fun stuff you come up with

I think i am going to go with 2 loadouts, one if this was a character in a usual campaign. One for overcoming enemies in the one-shot dungeoncrawls. Cause facing dracoliches with druidcraft prepared takes too much of my imagination...

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Digging the character idea!

• Like 1