I've not been happy with my weight or my activity level lately. This is not about body image, I can see many positive things about my appearance. This is about function. I have enough extra weight around my waist that it pushes on my diaphragm when I bend over and makes it hard to breathe. I don't like that. I have enough extra weight that makes it harder and more tiring to move. I don't like that. I'm not moving as much as i used to, and it negatively affects mood and energy levels, I don't like that.

What I do have is this amazing community, and the knowledge that the only way to lose is to give up. I like that. This article about not giving up is very helpful.

Therefore, I'm not giving up. I'd rather do 10% of something than 100% of nothing. 

Goals:

Yoga, Walking, KettleBells, Cooking.

Do them. Preferably regularly. 

Here are some gifs:

Dont Give Up GIF by Chippy the DogNever Give Up Reaction GIF by Best Friends Animal Societynever give up GIF

• Like 23

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Well, I guess I  won't quit following you then :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

QRghIi2.gif?1

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I feel this a lot! 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Go Beyond - Jedi's Pro Hero Challenge

Jedi Battle Log

“If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists! Remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit”

- Toshinori Yagi (All Might), My Hero Academia

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48

On 4/30/2021 at 7:40 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'd rather do 10% of something than 100% of nothing.

This.

Much respect for the cooking goals.

• Like 1

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

"The older I get, the more I understand that the only way to say valuable things is to lose your fear of being correct." -Malcolm Gladwell

On 4/30/2021 at 6:40 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'd rather do 10% of something than 100% of nothing. 

Don't knock it 'til you try it. B)

I kid, I'm glad to be back with you, and I have pretty much the same goal--not to asphyxiate myself while tying my shoes.

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

On 5/1/2021 at 6:38 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Well, I guess I  won't quit following you then :)

Thanks!

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

QRghIi2.gif?1

Now I want to see you hit someone with a cane.

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Rick Astley GIF

Yeah, that though occurred to me too :) 

1 hour ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I feel this a lot! 

Just not quitting is the most important survival skill, and the most important thriving skill.

1 hour ago, theflyingaccountant said:

This.

Much respect for the cooking goals.

Yeah, about that, when I do cook, I tend to get...descriptive about it. It's best not to check my thread while you're hungry.

55 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Here to cheer you on!

I'm glad you are!

42 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Don't knock it 'til you try it. B)

I kid, I'm glad to be back with you, and I have pretty much the same goal--not to asphyxiate myself while tying my shoes.

For years I've only bought loafers as dress shoes for this very reason, even when I could bend over and still breathe.

Today is a good day. Church was good, and I feel like I'm coming out of a mild depressive slump. One of the things that helped me this last go around was to remind myself when I was feeling long "This will get better." There was more to it than that of course, and I'm still not completely out of the woods, but things are improving. I did cook lunch. The side was a simple salad with mixed greens, pistachios, dried cranberries, and some lemon vinaigrette. The main dish was couscous with chicken. The couscous was pretty straight forward, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons butter, and some salt, brought to a boil. Then I added 2 cups couscous and some dried cranberries, stirred, and put the lid on it. The chicken was chopped chicken thighs I cooked in some avocado oil with salt and pepper. When it was done I removed the chicken but left the drippings in the pan, then cooked two thin-sliced shallots for about four minutes. I added the chicken back in, along with 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, a good bit of apricot jam, and some dried rosemary I had crushed in my mortar and pestle. I stirred and let that cook for a bit, then served it over the couscous. It was very good.

• Like 17

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

35 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yeah, about that, when I do cook, I tend to get...descriptive about it. It's best not to check my thread while you're hungry.

Oh, that's exactly when I plan on checking the thread. Could always use more dinner ideas.

35 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

. The side was a simple salad with mixed greens, pistachios, dried cranberries, and some lemon vinaigrette. The main dish was couscous with chicken. The couscous was pretty straight forward, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons butter, and some salt, brought to a boil. Then I added 2 cups couscous and some dried cranberries, stirred, and put the lid on it. The chicken was chopped chicken thighs I cooked in some avocado oil with salt and pepper. When it was done I removed the chicken but left the drippings in the pan, then cooked two thin-sliced shallots for about four minutes. I added the chicken back in, along with 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, a good bit of apricot jam, and some dried rosemary I had crushed in my mortar and pestle. I stirred and let that cook for a bit, then served it over the couscous. It was very good.

Q.E.D.

• Like 2

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

"The older I get, the more I understand that the only way to say valuable things is to lose your fear of being correct." -Malcolm Gladwell

giphy.gif

I see Fleaball immediately thought of the same movie as I did after the first post... 🤣

Here to cheer Tank on! 👍

• Like 3

Active challenges: Improve Ankle Mobility | Walk to Mordor and Back Again | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP

2021 threads: Respawn | Challenge V | VI

2018-19 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV

I'm totally vibing with your theme

John Cena came to see Martina?! - YouTube

(you'll be able to see this one because it's not really John Cena) 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I was pleased to see John Cena in that final gif.

Thought you'd be among those who appreciated it.

2 hours ago, theflyingaccountant said:

Oh, that's exactly when I plan on checking the thread. Could always use more dinner ideas.

Q.E.D.

Pan sauces with shallot are amazing.

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

giphy.gif

I see Fleaball immediately thought of the same movie as I did after the first post... 🤣

Here to cheer Tank on! 👍

Welcome!

1 hour ago, deftona said:

I'm totally vibing with your theme

John Cena came to see Martina?! - YouTube

(you'll be able to see this one because it's not really John Cena) 

Glad to have you on board!

Very much in this same boat.   For a while I've felt the wagon starting to speed up and get ahead of me.   I'm still hanging out by it, but I don't have the reins under control.   I can fix that.   So long as I don't let go of those reins.    

Here to to not quit with you! :)

• Like 2

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

90% of Life is Just Showing up

I find that to be very true. Yet, showing up ever and ever again is all but an easy game. We're like water cutting through a rock: we win, eventually, if only we don't stop going at it, drop by drop.

Here for a hug if you need one. You've got this.

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

3 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Never-give-up-and-goodluck-will-find-you

That movie was weird. I never got into it like so many others.

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Very much in this same boat.   For a while I've felt the wagon starting to speed up and get ahead of me.   I'm still hanging out by it, but I don't have the reins under control.   I can fix that.   So long as I don't let go of those reins.    

Here to to not quit with you! :)

PUCK! Hold on to the reigns. I'll be looking for your own challenge.

1 hour ago, Jean said:

I find that to be very true. Yet, showing up ever and ever again is all but an easy game. We're like water cutting through a rock: we win, eventually, if only we don't stop going at it, drop by drop.

Here for a hug if you need one. You've got this.

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I'm also here showing up!

Pop Tv Help GIF by Schitt's Creek

Welcome!

• Like 4

Made it on the first page!  :D  I love the "10% of something vs. 100% of nothing" guideline and love to see you following it. I may swipe that for my own challenge.

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

One thing about refusing to quit always reminds me about the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling. Spoilered for size.

Spoiler

The Poem "IF", by Rudyard Kipling. A copy of this given to a young man is  indeed a fine gesture, the memory of wh… | If rudyard kipling,  Inspirational quotes, Words

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen GIFs | POPSUGAR Love & Sex

Is it just your reputation getting in the way, or are you honestly selecting all the plausibly deniable sexually suggestive gifs for people's challenges?

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Honestly...

I have evolved to the point where i don't even see that.

So thanx for:

- pointing that out

- making me proud

But i'm pretty sure it takes a somewhat dirty mind to spot another...

This Is So Ehhh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edit: Also, YES

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

... a little odd in the head ...