No, we're not talking about getting the perfect cookie every time (though that would be nice to know as well 🤔)

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” Bruce Lee

"Not much is devoted to those in the middle, where the newb gains are over, but elite status is far away, where growth resembles a plateau much more than a mountain side, and where the only thing to do is just stick with it and get reps in. A metaphor I've used on here before is that when chopping down a tree, no one chop brings the tree down, and if you look at each individual swing of the axe it doesn't seem to do much. Even 10 to 12 swings in a row seem to be ineffective. Then all at once the tree just falls over. It was not the last swing of the axe that brought the tree down, but that swing, the first swing, and every swing in the middle. " Tanktimus the Encourager

As you may have guessed by now, the consistency, the not pretty, part in the middle, no glory, but it will get you where you want to be part. That is what we will be working on.

So what if you're not in the middle yet? How do you get to the middle?
We'll also have some things to help you get there...now, we're not going to tell you what to do, what to work on, or if you're doing it right. You know what needs to be done, we're just going to walk with you through the fire...because we all know there is no end ;) 

Week 1. I wanted to make this week zero but life has been dialed up to 12 lately so I decided today would be a good day to start it.

Take a good look at what you want to accomplish. What are you working on, what can you stay consistent with? Anything you need to eliminate? This is where we evaluate what we can use to move us forward and what is no longer serving us. Take an honest look at your goals and see what you want to get rid of. If you're trying to lose weight and hate cardio, but you feel you need to do it, STOP! Maybe look at adjusting caloric intake, maybe look into weight lifting. The goal this week is to learn what you can stay consistent with, if you wish to add it to the spreadsheet that's great, if not, that's great too. 

• Like 10

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Signed up.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I've been spending my life in the middle, consistency is what I need.

Count me in and thanks for the ride!

• Like 3

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Signed up! I’m pretty decent at Middle. 

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Atheist Naturalist Halfling Ranger

STR|2 DEX|3 STA|2 CON|3 WIS|3 CHA|2

“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.â€― Neil Gaiman

This theme resonates very strongly with the goals I already planned for this round. Guess that means I’m on the right track!

• Like 2

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

In all honesty this isn't something I want in my life.  Where can I sign up for newb gains to instant expert status?  

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

The main reason i'm only chubby and not HUGE is cause i can be one stubborn MF'er!

On 5/1/2021 at 3:17 PM, RES said:

As you may have guessed by now, the consistency, the not pretty, part in the middle, no glory, but it will get you where you want to be part. That is what we will be working on.

I'm gonna dedicate my challenge to this. KISS and this.

• Like 4

... a little odd in the head ...

I was on the fence, but the rainbow colored spreadsheet got me.  Well played.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

3 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Exit Stage Left GIFs | Tenor

The cutest of nicknames!

I'm going to regret asking, aren't I?

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 5/1/2021 at 8:17 AM, RES said:

Color me intrigued but confused.

I shall hangabout as a wallflower for now... but keeping a close eye on these consistency shenanigans.

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I don't know what I'm signing up for, but I'm in! Here's to the middle!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map