The Tavern is Consistent

just observing from the shadows

Aragorn - GIF on Imgur

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 4

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Wait! We can order food here?! Barkeep! Bring me the Widow Maker!

Blog — redpepper interns

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

2 hours ago, Pat G said:

I remembered the forums and thought i'd have a skeeze to see what Nerds are up to. still the same wholesome goodness.

Hey Harriet, i'm late to the party, but to put my 2c in.

I've used an easy website creator/hosting service called  tilda.cc to knock up websites really easily and for a low cost (0 cost if you don't need all of the features, it's only AU$10 per month for the upgrade). If you don't have a domain, they give you a free tilda one...

To build a site you just plug and play different 'blocks' in per page, copy your text in and insert your photos. The site is responsive (quick) and the skins look really good, nice and clean. 

Thank you, I'll take  a look. 🙂

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Ah, I see he is planning a nice, simple tea party.

Naturally.

Cheetah sips his tea and daintily nibbles his sandwich.  

• Like 2

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

7 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Wait! We can order food here?! Barkeep! Bring me the Widow Maker!

Of course! You can order anything here....

except hats for some strange reason...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

1 hour ago, RES said:

Of course! You can order anything here....

except hats for some strange reason...

Solution: order a drink that can only be served in a hat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

5 hours ago, RES said:

except hats

I'm sure I don't know anything about that.

You notice that Cheetah is in fact wearing a very fancy bowler hat, with a green and blue feather in the band.  You can't be sure he had one a moment ago, but he definitely is wearing one now.

Cheetah smiles and sips his beer innocently.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

2 hours ago, Capt Frost said:

61xo6p2ETrL._AC_SX522_.jpg.838f6de17f06cda1ca86b26d298e8262.jpg

How do you stop the wine running out? Or is it for a lot of people with tiny little mouths to drink out of at once?

9 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I'm sure I don't know anything about that.

You notice that Cheetah is in fact wearing a very fancy bowler hat, with a green and blue feather in the band.  You can't be sure he had one a moment ago, but he definitely is wearing one now.

Cheetah smiles and sips his beer innocently.

Harriet is wearing a slouchy knitted hat. Like the colander hat, and like all knitting, it is made of holes. However, it is hygroscopic and can hold up to 8 times its weight in wine.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harriet said:

can hold up to 8 times its weight in wine.

respect GIF by Jaz Dhami

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

KBO. - Churchill

winoscopic slouch hat trumps goon bag.... i can't wear mine, only use it as a pillow

Think Binge Drinking Is Bad Over Here? Check Out Australia's Goon Bag  Culture | Grazia

• Like 2

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

On 5/5/2021 at 8:47 AM, theflyingaccountant said:

As is mine.

I'll be durned. There it is: "Drag files here to attach."

As an expression I once heard goes: "Couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions wrote on the heel."

gifbillnye122415mindblown.gif

I was today years old.........

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

On 5/7/2021 at 2:01 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Mah boi iz back!

Macho King GIFs | Tenor

missed you too brother. 

i always find myself missing this place when i spend time away. unlike my disappearance/reappearance last time, i'm in a much better place this time around. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

1 hour ago, kzacher said:

Macho King GIFs | Tenor

missed you too brother. 

i always find myself missing this place when i spend time away. unlike my disappearance/reappearance last time, i'm in a much better place this time around. 

Rule #2: When you join, you're in for life ;)

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

I have an obscure music mystery, guys. Perhaps especially for the Euro crowd. Think back to the trip-hop era, somewhere in the 2000-2003 range. Think about these days in particular:

Here's the mystery: what the hell was the song with the video with the whale swimming with the girl? (And, I dunno, a house with a pier and some jellyfish maybe? But I'm totally sure about the whale and the girl.) This is going to drive me crazy until I remember it.

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

24 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Here's the mystery: what the hell was the song with the video with the whale swimming with the girl? (And, I dunno, a house with a pier and some jellyfish maybe? But I'm totally sure about the whale and the girl.) This is going to drive me crazy until I remember it.

Posssssssibly this:

It's getting close to the right vibe. Does anyone remember a video that's kind of like that one, only with some of the mellower musical vibe of the other videos and maybe more dreamy underwater whale and light-up jellyfish, and maybe some flying sky whale? Or is it asking too much to find two whale and trippy jellyfish videos from the same three year span?

(I mean, I think we were all seeing pulsating jellyfish and sky whales back then, so there probably should be more than one, right?)

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Does the Tavern serve gas in addition to drinks? Cause apparently somebody turned off our gas supply down here a week ago and my truck's got about 36 miles left until it hits E. (Bonus: The nearest gas station is roughly 10 miles away from me, so...yeah.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

Current flight plan.

On 5/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, theflyingaccountant said:

Does the Tavern serve gas in addition to drinks? Cause apparently somebody turned off our gas supply down here a week ago and my truck's got about 36 miles left until it hits E. (Bonus: The nearest gas station is roughly 10 miles away from me, so...yeah.)

Someone's trying to turn off our gas permanently. Man, I feel you.

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

6 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Whiteboards. Chalkboards. Signs. How do you use them?

They're flat, so throw them side-arm like a frisbee. Range isn't as good as something round, but if you put some oomph behind it, you should be able to disable your assailant long enough to make a break for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

Current flight plan.

7 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Whiteboards. Chalkboards. Signs. How do you use them?

My kids grade school and middle school have chalk boards.

The college I work at has white boards.  We're modern.

I use mine to draw pictures of stuff to illustrate the point I'm making in class.  In my case, it often involves sketches of aircraft with dubious aerodynamic properties.

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill