18ck Joins Paladin Danse in the Brotherhood of Buns of Steel

8 hours ago, 18ck said:

Teaser trailer for 18ck The Movie

Scarlet Johanson (whiny voice) "You should really leave it charging in the other room" 

@Scaly Freakand @sarakingdom (played by Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds, respectively) "You can have our phones when you take them out of our cold dead hands" 

*intense staring for 17 minutes*

Coming soon to a free streaming service near you?

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

Coming soon to a free streaming service near you?

😊

The thing about 

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

*intense staring for 17 minutes*

Made me think of this gif. I'm. Pretty sure that's Scarlet. I don't know who the third Ryan is though. 

Stare Down The Good The Bad And The Ugly GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Noticing @fearless 2.0 passing by like a comet leaving a little trail of stardust and a reaction in her wake

• Haha 2

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey morning, hows your day going to be looking? x

Hm... Lots of work but I can fit life around it so not too worried thanks.

I just tried my first attempt at the arms big of the main dance I want to learn in this challenge. Bit of a shocker really since you're supposed to keep your elbows pinned to your sides. Unfortunately what I realised straight away was that for someone of my waist size that means my forearms have much less range of movement than most of the rake-thin instructors I've seen. Hm... Another reason to stick to the diet plan! 

*chuckle* sorry to offload on you! And how about you? What's shaking in Salingergrad this morning? 

• Like 2

Looked like this in fact (but it's less cute when I do it) 

sea otter yes GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

• Haha 2

Yesterday was a bit slack on the exercise front but I did a really long session this morning with two attempts at dance moves (running man still bad but improving, piu piu started), a hip mobility workout and an advanced bodyweight HIIT session. 

Also ate sensibly. I've really been doing a good job at cutting out carbs. Trying to minimise otter hand syndrome. 

Meditation was dreadful. I tried one of the other courses on the app and the instructor's manner was too irritating and I couldn't let it go. 

Duolingo went well. 

Plans coming together for tomorrow to include rowing, another block of my course amd watering the plants (BTW, this thing of having to water the plants even on rainy days is a definite drawback of greenhouse life. I hadn't thought of this at all. Still, it gets me out of the house, so mustn't grumble*) 

*Buddhist tranquility and stuff my grandparents used to say are extraordinarily similar really. My grandparents made better jam though. Suck it, Buddhists. 

• Like 2

Just now, 18ck said:

Buddhist tranquility and stuff my grandparents used to say are extraordinarily similar really. My grandparents made better jam though. Suck it, Buddhists. 

I'm fact, as a general rule, in any area of life, of you want to know how to be less stressed, sleep better, and have less environmental impact, just ask an old person how they did it when they were young and so long as the answer does not involve coal or cigarettes you are probably receiving more practical wisdom than can be found in a shelf-full of self help books. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Rookie said:

Hahahahaha I understand this feeling 100% 

😔 I might get extendable arms. They probably sell them on the Internet somewhere. 

• Haha 1

Wait a minute! The people in the video don't have their arms at their sides. You lied to me, dance tutorial man! 

Police Hes Lying GIF by Warner Archive

• Haha 1

Star Wars Dancing GIF

Keep on working on those sweet dance moves!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] <--Current Challenge

2 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Star Wars Dancing GIF

Keep on working on those sweet dance moves!

Wow, when was this taken? I look so young. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today was pretty busy and I didn't have much energy. Or rather i don't really know where to direct what energy I have. But I crammed what I could into the day. Lots of work, obvs. Did a bit of.my course, all that. 

Meditation was OK, and I did some extra sessions - a walking meditation and some episodes.from.tye consolatioms series - while I was out and about on my way to water the plants. Then nipped next door to the rowing club and cranked out 25 minutes of half-arsed indoor rowing. 

Dancing was fun. The running man is actually on its way to being quite passable. I practised piu piu arms for a bit and then started to bring in the legs. It was awwwfffuuuul. But it's early days yet. I saw a video of some woman doing it not so well (better than me by miles but not well) and some guy with a beard had edited himself into the foreground and was sort of laughing and rolling his eyes at her efforts, and published it on twitter to hold her up to ridicule. Yeah, nice easy clicks there, champ. Let's see you try it you beardy twat. 

Duolingo not done yet (boo! Hiss!) but I'll squeeze it in before bed. My streak is near to 200. Flyer has already passed that mark. GCSEs will be a massacre. 

Ate only good things. Maybe too many good things but only good things. 

OK, fighting. Difficult day but made sure I did all the things on my list or die trying. There are some really important non-challenge-related things I should be doing and am not doing. Someone please tell me to do those things tomorrow. Twist my nipples if you have to. Its the only language I understand sometimes. 

• Like 5

BTW I got this today. Ordered from Waterstones with a book token my brother gave me for my birthday. Definitely looks like inspiration. I'm looking forward to it. V glad my brother knows to get Waterstones since amazon are evil. We've just been through a year of isolation and no shops. Amazon are rich enough. Nobody should be using amazon now. He's a good lad. 

20210512_110423.thumb.jpg.9b31ace8a7e03e18b716839ee735aaf4.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, 18ck said:

Nobody should be using amazon now.

I know you all come to me for these proclamations. If any of you want to argue and/or hunt me with bows, form an orderly queue. 

• Like 1

*whispers* Waterstones are evil too, although not in the same league as Beelzosebub. 

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

6 hours ago, deftona said:

*whispers* Waterstones are evil too, although not in the same league as Beelzosebub. 

Really? How só? Apart from apostrophes I mean. 

Also: are you British too then? I tend to assume everyone on here is American until proven innocent but pretty much everyone I hang out with in here has marmitey breath. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, 18ck said:

Really? How só? Apart from apostrophes I mean. 

They sort of did the Amazon thing on a smaller scale by buying up all the smaller independent bookshops. My sister worked for Ottakar's before they were bought by Waterstones, and continued working for them after the hostile takeover. They sapped all individuality and creativity, and had depressingly worse working conditions. 

28 minutes ago, 18ck said:

Also: are you British too then? I tend to assume everyone on here is American until proven innocent but pretty much everyone I hang out with in here has marmitey breath. 

Let's put it this way, if you whisper "autoglass repair", I will defiantly scream that "AUTOGLASS REPLACE". 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

34 minutes ago, deftona said:

They sort of did the Amazon thing on a smaller scale by buying up all the smaller independent bookshops. My sister worked for Ottakar's before they were bought by Waterstones, and continued working for them after the hostile takeover. They sapped all individuality and creativity, and had depressingly worse working conditions

Ah right, OK, I heard about that, but have never lived near enough to an Ottakar's to really feel the impact. They bought Foyles too but have so far allowed it to keep its own character thank goodness. I'd feel very sad if that changed. TBF, although that is not ideal, it's kind of the natural workings of capitalism, whereas amazon is up to something far more sinister, harnessing peoples natural laziness, building a monopoly and emptying out the heart of the book trade and if we let them do this we'll lose all the bookshops entirely, along with our wee breaks and our tax base. 

I prefer my local bookshop where possible (were lucky enough to have one, still, even after everything...) but definitely don't feel bad about Waterstones especially if there's a token involved! Hope I don't sound too defensive about this though 😊

34 minutes ago, deftona said:

Let's put it this way, if you whisper "autoglass repair", I will defiantly scream that "AUTOGLASS REPLACE". 

My first reaction would be "CAR WINDOW REPLACE" I think, but I'm a cyclist and maybe I am missing the point. Is it like five items or fewer? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 18ck said:

my local bookshop

comedy GIF

• Like 4

"Laughs in Amazon Prime"

I just realized that Amazon Prime sounds like Optimus Primes cousin...

• Haha 3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] <--Current Challenge

17 hours ago, 18ck said:

Dancing was fun. The running man is actually on its way to being quite passable. I practised piu piu arms for a bit and then started to bring in the legs. It was awwwfffuuuul. But it's early days yet. I saw a video of some woman doing it not so well (better than me by miles but not well) and some guy with a beard had edited himself into the foreground and was sort of laughing and rolling his eyes at her efforts, and published it on twitter to hold her up to ridicule. Yeah, nice easy clicks there, champ. Let's see you try it you beardy twat. 

I looked at the dance again and I don't have that arm hand coordination LOL don't even get me started on the legs. Nope.... Also grr stupid guy with a beard. What a twat. I love when people put themselves out there and are clearly having fun. I don't get how anyone can make fun of someone for just living their best life. 

17 hours ago, 18ck said:

OK, fighting. Difficult day but made sure I did all the things on my list or die trying. 

Yessss go you

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

7 hours ago, cn3wton said:

"Laughs in Amazon Prime"

I just realized that Amazon Prime sounds like Optimus Primes cousin...

That's right. Their cousin is Busta Primes.

I used to use amazon quite a lot like every other good citizen till we lost a children's bookshop in town. It was great. It was like 40 years old or Something and had signed photos of all the authors who had done readings there pinned to the walls, going back to Roald Dahl. Gone forever. So now I only use the site for non-book items, illegal nerve agents, weird stuff that can only be bought from China and (reluctantly) if someone is rude enough to give me an e-giftcard.

I actually won TWO gift cards, totalling 100 quid, in promo giveaways within a few weeks of vowing to shun them. It was all very embarrassing. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rookie said:

looked at the dance again and I don't have that arm hand coordination LOL don't even get me started on the legs. Nope.... Also grr stupid guy with a beard. What a twat. I love when people put themselves out there and are clearly having fun. I don't get how anyone can make fun of someone for just living their best life. 

Yeah, it's so mean-spirited. 

The dance looks so effortless when they do it, but the speed in the legs, and getting both halves of the body doing different things at the same time is really going to take some effort! It's going to be a laugh though. 

6 hours ago, Rookie said:

Yessss go you

Thanks 😊

• Like 1