18ck Joins Paladin Danse in the Brotherhood of Buns of Steel

1 hour ago, deftona said:

I was just so stunned you're the only person in this sceptred isle that was not under the thrall of Autoglass Gavin's steely blue eyes. I suppose you're probably more familiar with the superior Portuguese version. That's understandable. 

Oblivious, I'm afraid. My memory of that period is all nappies and mashed carrot. 

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

9 hours ago, 18ck said:

So... You're an NF Employee? I didn't know that. So how much does Steve pay you to twist his nipples? 

I get a stipend for looking after the forums. I have never seen Steve in person without a shirt, nor have I ever touched his nipples. You will be disappointed to note nipples are never even mentioned in my employment contract, nor can any hint of them be inferred therefrom. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

37 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I get a stipend for looking after the forums. I have never seen Steve in person without a shirt, nor have I ever touched his nipples. You will be disappointed to note nipples are never even mentioned in my employment contract, nor can any hint of them be inferred therefrom. 

Your employment contract doesn't have any anti-harassment language at all?  Interesting... 😁

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

nipples are never even mentioned in my employment contract

Someone forgot to read the small print 

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

So today was my last day of the Waking Up app. I did the daily meditation and spent some time listening to the Stoic Meditation course, which is the last of the courses I wanted to listen to.

I really warmed to the bloke. I mean, it was like a basic stoicism course with all the usual stuff about learning to appreciate what you've got and not spend your life chasing after things that won't make you happy, but he is a sculler so he was talking about that and how the pain of going balls-out in an ergo was part of his philosophical work, and I kind of like that. It felt more relatable than a lot of similar content. 

I think I am about done with this app now. I can let it lapse and feel like I have learned what I needed to learn and don't need to keep putting up with the stuff I don't like. Ave atque vale, Sam Harris. Meditati Te Salutant. 

Duolingo done, started a new Portuguese book by a well-known cartoonist called Augusto Cid. It's a sort of illustrated, satirical story from the late seventies mocking a guy called Antonio Ramalho Eanes, who was a two-term president back then, shortly after the carnation revolution. It casts him as superman, with other left-wing politicians in supporting roles. I've just been reading a history of the period, so I recognise most of the various factions and whatnot. Ask me again in two weeks and I'll have forgotten it all though... But for now, it's a good, fun way of rounding off the harder book. 

Um... Heres something I thought was interesting but might only be for history nerds so...

Spoiler

Superman's home planet is Cropcon - based on Copcon, the name of a communist organisation of the time. It gets in a war with the planet Brybton, which is very powerful and destroys it immediately. I was curious to know what Brybton was meant to satirise so I asked my portuguese Instagram friend who had put me onto the book in the first place. She wasn't sure either but the best guess that Brybton represents foreign capital and it is made up of "Britain" and "bribe". LOL. Awkward. Britain has a slightly mixed role in the history of Portugal. The world's oldest alliance is between Britain and Portugal, and we are mostly buds but we also stitched them up a few times. And precipitated the end of their monarchy... Actually I'm not sure if that's in the credit or debit side of the ledger but hey. Anyway, I didn't expect us to be the baddies in this context too! 

So also did some weight training, gardening, and dance practice. Running man slightly more presentable, but  my piu piu still looks like I'm trying to escape from quicksand. 

My race is the day after tomorrow so I'll take it easy, I think, and probably try and get some carbs in my dinner to store up energy. It is likely to be raining. Its a very British spring. Rain, rain, rain... I could use a little sunshine and so could my plants. 

Apparently... (oh god, why am I so chatty today?) some robins have built a nest in the shoes of one of the boats in the rowing club. This isn't that unusual, they are huge foot fetishists and seem to like building nests in sweaty, upside-down size tens, but what's weird, this year, is that it's *inside* the boathouse, not outside in the yard. No idea how they got in there. One of those nature-reinvigorated-during-lockdown situations, I suppose. The river is full of seals too. They arrived a couple of years ago but they have really taken over the place while everyone's been off the water. Like. Definitely like. 

Eating well. I feel like it's making a difference. 

• Like 2