1 hour ago, Shello said:

LMAO.  Completely accurate.  Strongly encouraging academic activity is the same as nagging but flies under the Nagging Radar of the target.    

I'm feeling the pressure from my 250 goal.  I know I'll hit it if I keep doing what I need to do.  But that only makes me feel deprived and like I *can't* have anything but perfect.  The temptation to face plant a pizza is high at the moment.  

Strongly encouraging it is then. Sounds like there is a high chance of success. 😄

As someone who is stuck just a couple of pounds away from their goal since forever, I absolutely understand that. I am quite sure I am self-sabotaging too. Aside from the obvious that I am trying to remind myself of, namely that I am doing it for myself so ruining it is frankly quite stupid, for a while I focused more on other fitness goals. A lot of them will come with some weight loss anyway.  Not sure if any of that even applies to you, but it is something I've been thinking a lot about recently. Without any real success yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ninjakitten said:

As someone who is stuck just a couple of pounds away from their goal since forever, I absolutely understand that. I am quite sure I am self-sabotaging too. Aside from the obvious that I am trying to remind myself of, namely that I am doing it for myself so ruining it is frankly quite stupid, for a while I focused more on other fitness goals. A lot of them will come with some weight loss anyway.  Not sure if any of that even applies to you, but it is something I've been thinking a lot about recently. Without any real success yet.

This all makes sense.  It is strange.  Had I not had that one weigh in that was so close to 250 I think I'd be much less frustrated.  I'm still stuck this week, staying about the same all week and that's frustrating in itself but I'm learning to do exactly what you are talking about.  I just focus on doing the concrete goals.  Get my fitnessing in and make good food choices.  Day in and day out, as best I can.  It.Is.Hard.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

For being so frustrated you made some great choices with those ice cream bars

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Week 1 Wednesday Update

Yesterday was a good day.  There is the least amount of green on my spreadsheet for the week but overall it was still a decent day.  It must have just been a good week.  Someone tell my scale.  Breakfast was the usual.  I got hungry again before lunch so I grabbed some trail mix we got at work for National Healthcare week.  I had no intentions of getting any.  It's usually a make your own type thing but this year it was a prepackaged bag.  One of my employees grabbed one for me and set it on my desk.  I went ahead and eyeballed half a serving and had that for a snack mid morning.  Instead of the usual lunch I had to meet Quinn at his doctor's appointment so I grabbed a Little John JJ sandwich.  I looked it up first and determined it was about the same calories as my usual ham and cheese, only Noom rates their bread more calorie dense than what I use.  I had the fruit and baked chips that I had packed for my usual lunch and finished with the customary 2 pieces of dark chocolate.   

I ran some errands after work and I could feel the pull to grab some food but I stuck to my dinner plans.  I did get home late and munched on some baked chips, unmeasured and right from the bag.  I swapped it out from something else from my snackbox though.  I did make it out for a walk.  DDG was hanging with one of his sons who's home from college so I enlisted Qbert as a walking partner.  And the dog.  It was just the token mile around the neighborhood but it was something.  Dinner was leftover General Tso's chicken.  I made some fresh rice and added some sautéed cabbage to it.  I made some extra sauce and stir fried the leftover chicken and veg with it to perk it up a bit.  The first batch had a bit too much vinegar so this was an opportunity to bring that down a notch.  It was good and I followed it with some peanut M&Ms for dessert.  I had a lot of trash tv saved up.  I save it for when DDG isn't over so I watched a bunch of that instead of the list of productive things I made.  To be fair, it was already 8 by the time I ate so relaxing for the rest of the night seemed like a good idea.  I finished the day high on freggies, 5, but overall low on green foods, mostly because of the sandwich swap.  370 green and 651 red for a ratio of 23/36/41.  Still not bad.   

Things this yesterday's Shello did towards my goals:

• Logged all meals
  • Made an educated swap for lunch instead of something higher calorie
  • Got lots of freggies
  • Went for a walk
  • Did meal planning for Week 2
  • Like 7

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

7 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

For being so frustrated you made some great choices with those ice cream bars

Thank you!  They are still in the freezer and I don't plan to eat either of them today.  I'll take it day by day.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

Week 1 Summary

According to the spreadsheet it was a good week.  There is a lot of green, a little neutral, and no red in sight.   I averaged 1550 calories, which isn't low but isn't high.  Freggy intake was high and red foods were low.  I also got both planned walks in though they weren't much to spit at.  The scale just isn't cooperating but I'll listen to my spreadsheet over my scale any day.  

Today is the start of week 2 for me.  I did the meal planning last night and it was tricky.  It's supposed to be a week the kids are over but Qbert has been shuffling his schedule a bit and was at my place an extra week.  He's planning to leave midweek to go to his dad's.  I try to plan something he'll eat and he was being picky.  I also had some leftover food I wanted to use up so I had to accommodate that.  I bought some egg rolls last week but when I remembered them DDG and I were ready to eat but they were still frozen and didn't want to wait for how long it would take to cook.  We left them out for next time and then forgot again.  I've still got cabbage and broccoli left too so I figure I'll make some sesame chicken over the weekend.  Qbert requested something italian with meatballs so I'll make a meatball pasta bake early in the week too.  I'll make much smaller batches of both.  Depending on leftovers, I'll finish those out all week or I'll make some BBQ chicken sandwiches because that's what I'm craving.  

My fitness schedule for the week includes 3 days of fitnessing.  DDG and I are planning a longer walk over the weekend.  The other two will be neighborhood walks or I'll swap in some functional fitness around the house if it's raining or if I work on something around the house that requires exertion.  

Overall the plan is to just feel the scale frustration and temptation to face plant a pizza but not act on any of it and just keep doing what I'm doing.  

• Like 7

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Shello said:

Overall the plan is to just feel the scale frustration and temptation to face plant a pizza but not act on any of it and just keep doing what I'm doing.  

Every day you don't face plant a pizza is kind of a success anyway. 💚 And it sounds like you had an amazing week despite the frustration!

Do you ever finish prepping food and feel like you don't want to eat any of it? The one or two times I did it before I had a fridge full of things I usually like and had to keep myself from getting take away, because I felt really 'meh' about all of it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ninjakitten said:

Every day you don't face plant a pizza is kind of a success anyway. 💚 And it sounds like you had an amazing week despite the frustration!

Do you ever finish prepping food and feel like you don't want to eat any of it? The one or two times I did it before I had a fridge full of things I usually like and had to keep myself from getting take away, because I felt really 'meh' about all of it.

Sometimes I'll lose interest in what I'm batch cooking.  It happened more frequently before when I could cook enough for the whole week.  I leave a little room for spontaneity now so I batch cook for 3-4 days or batch cook a couple things during the week.  And there's usually a day or two without batch cooked meals that I can improvise.  But I always have an idea what my options will be for those days so I'm not resorting to bad choices.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Week 2 Friday Update

Yesterday turned out to be a good day.  We had free breakfast at work.  I love breakfast so I decided to partake and then build my day around it.  It was a huge meal, eggs, a sausage patty, couple slices of bacon, and some country potatoes.  I logged it the best I could and it didn't seem too bad but I didn't get hungry most of the day.  I planned on just eating fruit for lunch but I never really got hungry.  I did have a mini Mounds bar because I wanted something sweet, and then I ate the baked chips I had packed for lunch just because.  I finally got hungry for a late dinner.  I had a totino's pizza.  The ideal portion size kept me from face planting pizza.  It's not even enough to faceplant.  I still finished the day close to target. I was over by 28 calories, hardly enough to even count.  0 freggies and 0 green foods.  Ratio was 0/52/48. 

No fitnessing happened but none was planned.  I ran some errands with Peach.  I was prepared to get convinced to grab food out but she didn't mention it so neither did I.  I watched a little trash TV then Peach and I went through an old tote full of pictures looking for some to hang at Qbert's graduation party.    

• Did not face plant a pizza
  • Like 6

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Shello said:

Sometimes I'll lose interest in what I'm batch cooking.  It happened more frequently before when I could cook enough for the whole week.  I leave a little room for spontaneity now so I batch cook for 3-4 days or batch cook a couple things during the week.  And there's usually a day or two without batch cooked meals that I can improvise.  But I always have an idea what my options will be for those days so I'm not resorting to bad choices.

Is there a difference between batch cooking and prepping freezer meals?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Shello said:

Thanks Shello! That is actually a good middle-of-the -road approach. Maybe I'll try it again some time.

(Also congrats on getting pizza that was too small to face plant. Sometimes that's the best option on these days.)

9 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I guess freezer meals are food prepping, but not all food prepping meals can be frozen? 😅

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 1:55 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

In my house a freezer meal is like a casserole or a lasagna that we can bake later for a family dinner.  At most we might make three at a time, so it would technically be batch prep, but each pan is only good for one family meal.

When I batch cook (really only an option when my family is away) I make a big pot of something to divide into multiple meals then portion them out into containers I can take to work or reheat quickly at home, even if most of those do end up in the freezer for a time.  I think it's the individual portioning that sets batch-prep apart from freezer meals.

• Like 4

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

3 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

In my house a freezer meal is like a casserole or a lasagna that we can bake later for a family dinner.  At most we might make three at a time, so it would technically be batch prep, but each pan is only good for one family meal.

When I batch cook (really only an option when my family is away) I make a big pot of something to divide into multiple meals then portion them out into containers I can take to work or reheat quickly at home, even if most of those do end up in the freezer for a time.  I think it's the individual portioning that sets batch-prep apart from freezer meals.

Oh! Cool! Then I batch cook freezer meals for my future self. Keeps me from eating the same damn thing every day. 

On 5/15/2021 at 1:55 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I agree with everything that has been said.  I think batch cooking and freezer meals overlap but aren't necessarily the same thing.  A freezer meal could be batch cooking if it is prepared ahead and then will result in servings for multiple days.  Freezer meals reheated for a crew of people and basically eaten all at once is not batch cooking.  

On 5/15/2021 at 11:11 PM, ninjakitten said:

Thanks Shello! That is actually a good middle-of-the -road approach. Maybe I'll try it again some time.

(Also congrats on getting pizza that was too small to face plant. Sometimes that's the best option on these days.)

Good!  I hope you find an approach that works for you.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

Week 2 Weekend Update

The weekend was enjoyable.  I decided to fast until lunch on Saturday since Friday was a heavy day.   I had to wake up relatively early, with an alarm anyway, to get Peach to dance.  I was just starting to get hungry when it was time to pick her up so I made lunch as soon as we were back.  PBJ with some chips.  I meant to have fruit but it just didn't happen.  My appetite was a little weird Saturday.  I never felt ill or anything but I just felt so full for so long without really having overeaten.   I did end up munching on some more back chips in the afternoon while I played AC Brotherhood.  I didn't really get hungry for dinner until very late.  I intended to have leftover General Tso's chicken but opted for an english muffin with cheez whiz and some grapes.  I was still hungry after that so I had an egg on cheese toast and a couple strawberries.  I finished the day well under calories.  Only 2 freggies consumed but green foods were 477 so close to my goal.  Red foods were a little high because of the chips.  Ratio was 35/5/59%.  No fitnessing happened.  I thought about going for a short neighborhood walk but got distracted with Peach.  We decided to head out and look for more flowers to plant in the last of the pots we had.   We were out for awhile and then realized we bought too many for the pots we had.  

Sunday was good too.  I got to sleep in and didn't quite fast until lunch since I had a little bit of chocolate milk when I woke up but I didn't eat until lunchtime.  Lunch was an egg, bacon, and cheese toasted sandwich with some fruit and yogurt.  Peach needed a ride to work and then once I left to run errands she called me to say she had the time wrong and didn't work for 2 more hours.  😒 I spent the down time recording some mini lectures for one of the summer classes.  After dropping her back at work I went out and bought more pots for the flowers.  Turns out I now don't have enough flowers for those pots so I'll have to head back out again.  This has to stop!  I finished up my mini lectures planned for the day just in time to go for a walk around the lake with DDG.  5k in 1:08.   Dinner was leftover General's Chicken because we have to get rid of it and some egg rolls.  I also made a smoky meatball pasta bake for the kids for the week.  It looked really good so hopefully I'll have a chance to try it.  I think I over planned meals for the week because there is a lot of food in the house.    I finished the day with plenty of leftover calories and 4 freggies.  Food categories were all on target.  Green just under 500 at 477 and red under 500 at 492.  33/33/34%.  

• Ate under goal both days
  • Good quality food choices
  • Walked a 5k
  • Like 9

Spoiler

I read that as 5k in 1minute 8 seconds at first and did a huge double take!

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

52 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

I read that as 5k in 1minute 8 seconds at first and did a huge double take!

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

I would need superpowers for that!  

Blossom Super Speed GIF | Gfycat

• Like 2

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Shello said:

After dropping her back at work I went out and bought more pots for the flowers.  Turns out I now don't have enough flowers for those pots so I'll have to head back out again.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

image.jpeg

This is precisely the loop I am stuck in.  I have 1 empty pot and one more I ordered that should be delivered.  Let it be stated, I am only buying plants for those two pots and I AM DONE! and broke. 

• Like 4

Spoiler

Week 2 Monday Update

Yesterday was a good day but there is not much green on my spreadsheet to show for it.  DDG and I had dinner plans.  One of his sisters from out of town was visiting and there was a dinner with all the family.  There are 10 of them all together and 7 of them made it to dinner, including spouses, and a couple of the kids.  I figured I'd go over calories for the day but tried to be good during the day.  I logged my usual breakfast and lunch and stuck to them.  I didn't log anything for a snackbox since I didn't know what dinner would be.  But then I ended up eating a mini Kitkat and a mini Mounds in the afternoon when I was hungry.  Dinner was a French dip sandwich and some fries.  I did have a small slice of a pizza too.    I was full afterwards but not uncomfortable.   That didn't happen until later when I laid down.  I definitely overdid it.  There weren't really any 'healthy' choices and I likely wouldn't have chosen them any because I'm going to get something I enjoy.  I could have done without all the fries and the slice of bread I took from the breadbasket.  According to Noom, I went over by 170 calories but  I suspect the fries were under counted.  Either way I was over.  I did manage 3 freggies and red foods were only 723, which is probably the lowest on a day I've been out to eat.  Ratio was 19/40/41% but again since the fries may have been undercounted they would certainly add to the red food category.  I'm not trying to beat myself up for it.  It was life and I am trying to keep things balanced.   One big dinner won't do much harm.  Of course, the sister and her husband live out of town and when they come back to town always want to eat at their favorite haunts.  There may be other dinners this week.  That could get out of hand.  

No fitnessing happened.  We lingered at dinner to visit because obviously that was the point of the dinner.  I was stuck in the corner of a long table but it's DDG;s family so I tried to get him closer to people.  My car was at his place since we met up there to go to dinner so we headed back to his place.  I stayed a bit and chatted until I got sleepy and had to head home late.   It was pretty much time for bed by that time.  

• Logged 2 of 3 meals and stuck to it
  • Limited 'extras' at dinner
  • Limited snacking
  • Like 4

Spoiler

On 5/18/2021 at 6:52 AM, Shello said:

This is precisely the loop I am stuck in.  I have 1 empty pot and one more I ordered that should be delivered.  Let it be stated, I am only buying plants for those two pots and I AM DONE! and broke. 

Depending on the plants of course, but eventually you have to repot so you buy new pots again, but it also leaves you with the empty old pots and it's an endless cycle. (I'm stuck in it, too.)

23 hours ago, Shello said:

Limited 'extras' at dinner

It sounds like for a day of going out for dinner and socializing  you did really well! And if there's really a lot of dinners in a week, maybe you'll eventually just be tired of it and that'll help make it even easier. 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjakitten said:

Depending on the plants of course, but eventually you have to repot so you buy new pots again, but it also leaves you with the empty old pots and it's an endless cycle. (I'm stuck in it, too.)

I hope they live that long to need to be replanted.  

• Like 2

Spoiler

Week 2 Tuesday Update

Tuesday was a good day.  There was cake.  I had the usual for breakfast and lunch.  There was cake to celebrate someone's retirement.  I was planning to ignore it but a coworker walked by with a piece and pointed out the layer of pudding or mouse so obviously I had to have some.  Then I couldn't decide between chocolate or vanilla.  I prefer the white cake over chocolate but I prefer the chocolate mousse over the vanilla pudding.  So I had a small piece of each.  I hadn't logged my food for the day and hadn't logged a snackbox.  The cake was basically the whole snackbox.  I had a very small bit of leftover General Tso's chicken but a bunch of rice.  I whipped up some sweet and sour sauce and put 2 egg rolls in the air fryer.  It was lovely.  I did have room for some M&Ms for dessert.  I finished the day with 150 calories leftover but some of those are workout calories. See below.  I managed 4 freggies and 486 green calories.  Red calories came in high at 647 but 400 of those were from cake so it was really good other than that.  Ratio 31/25/41%. 

I was feeling really lazy when I got home.  I have some things I am feeling stressed about doing before my brother comes into town next weekend and Qbert's graduation party but those felt oppressive.  I sat outside enjoying nature listening to the birds chirp and sitting surrounded by the flowers.  I took Peach to dance and then decided to just go for a walk.  If I wasn't going to do any of the things around the house that need done at least I'd feel less guilty if I had a good excuse like a walk instead of not doing anything and sitting on the couch all evening.  After the walk and a shower, I made dinner and sat on the couch the rest of the evening.  It was glorious.  

• Stayed under calorie target
  • Went for a walk
  • Ate 4 freggies
  • Had plenty of quality food choices despite cake
  • Like 5

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Shello said:

Had plenty of quality food choices despite cake

Cake is always a good idea!

You're doing pretty well, Shell!

There needs to be a pot library where people can donate their planting pots and borrow other pots, so we don't all end up living in green houses...

Although, think of the air quality with all those amazing plants... I just realized I have to repot a couple plants too. 😕 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Cake is always a good idea!

You're doing pretty well, Shell!

There needs to be a pot library where people can donate their planting pots and borrow other pots, so we don't all end up living in green houses...

Although, think of the air quality with all those amazing plants... I just realized I have to repot a couple plants too. 😕 

Thanks!  <4

A pot library is a great idea!   

• Like 1

Spoiler