Rookie Rookies On

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

The spirit of this challenge is making small changes towards what I think is my ideal life. My ideal life has creativity, lacks excess, keeps me active and intertwines with nature. 

schitts creek love GIF by CBC

Week 3: Refocused Challenge Goals

Change weekday morning routine (which was to before work Starbucks) (+1 point per thing)

• Out of bed by 7am on work days
  • Brush teeth + hair
  • Get dressed
  • Go for walk around block if I think of going to Starbucks instead
  • Make breakfast (no white carbs)
  • Start work at 8am

> No more Starbucks* 

> 5 minutes of active time per day

> Meal plan

I am still planning on doing my painting challenges + hikes but I didn't add them because I had a gut feeling I should leave them out.

Scrapped Challenge

Spoiler

With that in mind my goals this time around will be: 

👉 Painting challenge every week

👉 1 hike per week 

👉 1 dance per week

👉 2 KB workouts per week

👉 1 starch serving per meal

👉 1 Veggie or fruit per meal

👉 1 Protein per meal

👉 Purge a thing per week

👉 Sell house task per week

To help me succeed I've already planned out my painting challenges and did some research on  where I would like to hike. If anyone wants to join along in my painting challenges please feel free! The more the merrier! 

Painting challenges: 

Week 0: "Art Battle" style painting (no reference and you only get 20 minutes)

Week 1: Still life with something metallic and something glass 

Week 2: Mundane scene (ie. dirty dishes, a pile of socks)

Week 3: Painting plein-air (outside)

Week 4: Funny face portrait

Week 5: Food

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Like 12

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

This seems like a lot of goals and some I will find tricky and struggle with but they are doable. For instance the dance one, I can literally just do 1 kitchen improv dance solo or 1 song on Just Dance.

The painting goal does seem optimistic. But as long as I don't try to get too crazy with the paintings it is still something I can accomplish.  And it's something I really want.

The 2 KB workouts because they don't just rely on me since Mr.R and I do that together. I'm sort of treating this as a bonus if I get it done. The main thing in my mind is the hiking and painting. Even the hiking I'm a bit worried about... This might sound silly but I stress about where to park when going hiking and I have a terrible sense of direction. But I think the 6 hikes I've decided on all have designated parking.

I'm excited for this challenge. I feel like I'm actually working towards that ideal life. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

20210430_183909.thumb.jpg.c89662d8296dbd61130c9f8dbb0b5bce.jpg

Daisy says "Oh Hay! New challenge!" 

Also something I just noticed... My body isn't getting as sore as it usually does. I was expecting to feel some soreness from all the yard work yesterday... We shall see tomorrow but so far nothing. So even though I'm not doing great at the weight loss front I am getting stronger. 

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

Yayy for dancing and painting and hiking and lifting! You got this :)

• Like 2

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

8 hours ago, Keladris said:

Yayy for dancing and painting and hiking and lifting! You got this :)

Thanks Kel! 💪

6 hours ago, ninjakitten said:

I'm really curious to see the painting challenge! Good luck! 💚

Thank you!! I'm excited too 

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Awesome goals! I'm super behind on my challenge, but I might try and join you for the painting challenge. Perhaps doing it with someone can get me kickstarted. :) 

Muahahaha 😏 careful I might come bug you 

4 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

giphy.gif

Pop Tv Hello GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Like 1

Bleh I am pouting guys.

Spoiler

For any new people to my life/challenges... our friends (Mr.Rs coworker + his mrs) are having 2 weddings. Their first one is a Sikh wedding and will be happening end of July. Second one will be next year. So they started talking about the bachelor/bachelorette parties today and the groom and bride both want a weekend sort of deal end of June. There's also a bridal shower and a henna party. There might be more events but I am not sure. Each thing only has about 1-2 weeks in between until the next event. So I have decided to give up my barn days and seeing Daisy for 1.5 months and just self isolate until 2 weeks after the wedding. I can't guarantee I won't come into contact with covid since I do not know these people and I would rather not pass it on to anyone. Trying to be responsible and all. I am so sad. Daisy is a big part of my mental health.  I technically need to worry about that for 2 months but I was just giving my barn owner, barn friend (who I asked if she could ride Daisy for me) and my mom a heads up.

• Sad 4

Love how you've adapted your challenge goals to focus on what is important for you after your experiments last challenge!

15 hours ago, Rookie said:
  Hide contents

20210430_183909.thumb.jpg.c89662d8296dbd61130c9f8dbb0b5bce.jpg

Daisy says "Oh Hay! New challenge!" 

80955301.jpg

32 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Bleh I am pouting guys.

Hide contents

For any new people to my life/challenges... our friends (Mr.Rs coworker + his mrs) are having 2 weddings. Their first one is a Sikh wedding and will be happening end of July. Second one will be next year. So they started talking about the bachelor/bachelorette parties today and the groom and bride both want a weekend sort of deal end of June. There's also a bridal shower and a henna party. There might be more events but I am not sure. Each thing only has about 1-2 weeks in between until the next event. So I have decided to give up my barn days and seeing Daisy for 1.5 months and just self isolate until 2 weeks after the wedding. I can't guarantee I won't come into contact with covid since I do not know these people and I would rather not pass it on to anyone. Trying to be responsible and all. I am so sad. Daisy is a big part of my mental health.  I technically need to worry about that for 2 months but I was just giving my barn owner, barn friend (who I asked if she could ride Daisy for me) and my mom a heads up.

Oh man, that really sucks. Would your friends understand if you and Mr. R didn't attend all of the events, especially since they are having a 2nd wedding next year and COVID is still a really big concern? Maybe you could just attend the wedding, limiting your self-isolation to 2 weeks. You need to look after your health, too, which means seeing Daisy and your family (and not getting COVID!)

• Like 3

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

59 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Love how you've adapted your challenge goals to focus on what is important for you after your experiments last challenge!

I am cautiously optimistic! :)

59 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Oh man, that really sucks. Would your friends understand if you and Mr. R didn't attend all of the events, especially since they are having a 2nd wedding next year and COVID is still a really big concern? Maybe you could just attend the wedding, limiting your self-isolation to 2 weeks. You need to look after your health, too, which means seeing Daisy and your family (and not getting COVID!)

Not really. We are both in the wedding parties. I am learning also that the bride doesn't say what she means. She has said that we don't have to go to every event but I think she would care. And they all work together so if we were the only ones not showing up. Politics. We are also thinking next years might not happen.  This was supposed to be a small religious wedding (so they could live together without upsetting her family) and then the next years wedding be the big party . But this years is starting to also be pretty large and they just bought a house. So by next year they might change their mind. It's okay, it is what it is but I am still pouting.  Just really scratching my head over this whole thing. Bridal showers and bachelor/bachelorette parties are "nice to haves' and could of waited until next year I think since they are planning on having a second wedding anyways. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 3

12 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Not really. We are both in the wedding parties. I am learning also that the bride doesn't say what she means. She has said that we don't have to go to every event but I think she would care. And they all work together so if we were the only ones not showing up. Politics. We are also thinking next years might not happen.  This was supposed to be a small religious wedding (so they could live together without upsetting her family) and then the next years wedding be the big party . But this years is starting to also be pretty large and they just bought a house. So by next year they might change their mind. It's okay, it is what it is but I am still pouting.  Just really scratching my head over this whole thing. Bridal showers and bachelor/bachelorette parties are "nice to haves' and could of waited until next year I think since they are planning on having a second wedding anyways. 

Hmm. I think if they are planning a month of large events during a pandemic and you don't show up to all (or any) of them, no one could fairly call you out on that. Even without COVID that would be a huge ask, especially since you originally agreed to a much smaller commitment! If the friends are upset, that says more about them... Is there any possibility of virtually attending some parts to show you are still excited for them and want to be involved? 

• Like 3

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

41 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Hmm. I think if they are planning a month of large events during a pandemic and you don't show up to all (or any) of them, no one could fairly call you out on that. Even without COVID that would be a huge ask, especially since you originally agreed to a much smaller commitment! If the friends are upset, that says more about them... Is there any possibility of virtually attending some parts to show you are still excited for them and want to be involved? 

I have to agree. Giving up SIX weeks of your life for someone else's wedding is frankly ludicrous. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I have to agree. Giving up SIX weeks of your life for someone else's wedding is frankly ludicrous. 

I mean if there wasn't a pandemic it wouldn't be a huge deal. But since we are going to the events I don't feel right potentially bringing covid to the barn. So that's my choice. I could technically go to the barn still but I'm choosing not to because I would feel terrible of anyone got it because of me. 

1 hour ago, ninjakitten said:

I wouldn't even want to do that for my own wedding. 😂

Same lol it seems like a lot. But I'm also getting old and jaded 

1 hour ago, ninjakitten said:

I'd hope if you really end up doing all that, they at least appreciate it. I don't know many people who would. I wouldn't.

I'm not sure they will know. And I feel if I did tell them they would question why I wouldn't go to the barn and say it's not that big of a deal. 

• Like 2

Today is a very gloomy and rainy day. Daisy tried to kill me while we went over a circle pole 🤣 I wanted to go right, she tried to go left then was like "should I go right instead?". That is not a fun dance lol. It's similar to when you are trying to pass someone and you both block each other so you both switch to the other side.... Only that... At a run... On a 1400lb animal 😊

I'm now outside Walmart trying to muster up the energy to walk through the rain and into it when I'm cold and exhausted. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ninjakitten said:

I wouldn't even want to do that for my own wedding. 😂

Right?! 😂

5 hours ago, Rookie said:

I'm not sure they will know. And I feel if I did tell them they would question why I wouldn't go to the barn and say it's not that big of a deal. 

They have no right to question to your decision to be cautious and they should appreciate the fact you even want go in the first place.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Right?! 😂

They have no right to question to your decision to be cautious and they should appreciate the fact you even want go in the first place.

Agreeeed 100%. On the bright side everyone should have at least their first vaccine by then. 

Sidenote...I'm trying to figure out what to paint for my art battle painting lol it's harder choosing than I thought.

• Like 2

I realized that this is one of my free days so I should actually plan out things to do this week or I won't end up doing them. 

Mr.R hurt his wrist so he's off the workout roster. I know he could still do squats or other things not involving his wrist but he's at the point in his journey where that is enough to derail him for now. Plus if his legs get sore he will try to use his wrist to help him stand up more so I am allowing him a pass. So I may do a small one by myself and maybe a dance warm up?! 

[Reno Task]: I will be to clean the hallway coming down the stairs. As in actually scrub the wall.... its pretty grimy.  And if I can find drywall compound I will fix any holes and sand it  / vacuum. Basically get it ready for a fresh coat of paint.

[Declutter Task]:  I will poke into the laundry room a bit and see if I can get rid of some things from there. 

[Painting Challenge]: For my art battle painting, I am thinking I would like to do something involving water and a creature. I am most comfortable drawing/painting animals and creatures. I have an idea of a tentacle out of water holding a tea cup. Usually the canvas in these art battles is 18x24" or 20x24". I think I have a broken canvas in roughly that size that I could use. And they usually supply white, black, primary red, primary  yellow, primary  blue, burnt umber and burnt sienna.  I don't have burnt umber but I have raw umber so I will just use that. I don't usually use black paint so I am torn lol. I usually use paynes grey which is a VERY deep navy blue or mix burnt sienna with some primary blue. 

• Like 5

Fun Fact... apparently I think I am pretty cool.

David Rose Comedy GIF by Schitt's Creek

I was going through peoples challenge tags looking for like-minded people and saw one that was PERFECT... painting, horses....... and was like "I must be friends with this person" only to realize it was my own challenge.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6