[Rebel Pilot Gar] Consistency... Got it memorized?

I'm on a bit of a Kingdom Hearts kick lately. So why not use that for the theme of this challenge? At least until my next micro-obsession takes over.

1) Sleep Schedule - Pretty much just continuing the goals from last challenge.

• Weekdays - Bed: 10PM  // Wake: 6AM
  • Weekends - Bed: 12AM // Wake 9AM

“A window of opportunity can open and close in the blink of an eye. It’s whether or not you can jump on the chance when it arises that determines a man’s fate.” — Luxord

3eQMqX.gif

2) Bodyweight Workout 3x weekly (start with NF Academy Level 1)

• Each Sunday I will schedule out the following week's workouts and post that here (day + time)
  • Goal is not so much "working out" as sticking to the routine. Even 1 set counts as long as I make an effort to do something. Done is better than perfect etc.

“If you have a dream, don’t wait. Act. One of life’s little rules. Got it memorized?” — Axel

c29836d6c7d5c71d27255097583257a4.gif

3) Drink 2.4L water daily

• Hydration used to be ingrained habit, has kind of slipped lately. Looking to get that back on-track.
  • Avoid drinking anything else until water has been consumed (alcohol, soda etc counts. Exception made for up to 2 cups black coffee or tea in the morning).

"R for reload" — Xigbar (kinda ran out of quote ideas)

08db8ec01572352beb1f9a3b6a712eaf.gif

Other things I want to do but not track for this challenge:

• 1 hour of decluttering weekly
  • Eat at least 1 salad per day (increase veggies consumption with lunch/dinner)
  • Like 3

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

Heeey I've been thinking about you!  (Not in that weird way, but like 'hey, where's rebel, I used to follow her!')  But also I have been Queen of Slacksville around here, so it was probably my bad.

I am trying to fix that this challenge!

• Like 1

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

37 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Heeey I've been thinking about you!  (Not in that weird way, but like 'hey, where's rebel, I used to follow her!')  But also I have been Queen of Slacksville around here, so it was probably my bad.

I am trying to fix that this challenge!

Heyyyy! No worries, I honestly just respawned last challenge and was not terribly active in the later weeks....

Thanks for dropping in. Hope life is treating you well :) 

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Following!

6 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:
  • Goal is not so much "working out" as sticking to the routine. Even 1 set counts as long as I make an effort to do something. Done is better than perfect etc.

Getting started is the hardest part, after that it's easier...

• Like 1

Active challenges: Improve Ankle Mobility | Walk to Mordor and Back Again | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP

2021 threads: Respawn | Challenge V | VI

2018-19 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV

15 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Following!

Getting started is the hardest part, after that it's easier...

Thanks!
national grid energy GIF

3 hours ago, Alanna said:

Here for the consistency inspiration! (and hopefully some more dog photos :D)

Welcome! Always happy to share dog photos lol. 
My phone memory is clogged with many dog (and work) photos 😅

• Like 1

Workout Plan for Week 0:

Bodyweight 1A - Monday as soon as I get home from work (est. 6pm)

Bodyweight 1B - Wednesday as soon as I get home from work (est. 6pm)

Bodyweight 1A - Saturday 11AM

Tracking method: Bullet Journal spread

Week 0 Day 1

• Wake: 9:30 am
  • Bed: 11:30 pm
  • Workout: n/a
  • Water: 2.1 L

• Like 1

Week 0 Day 2

• Wake: 6:15 am
  • Bed: 10:30 pm
  • Workout: NF Academy Bodyweight 1A
  • Water: 2.4L

Also, May the Fourth be with you :)

star wars force GIF

• Like 2

Week 0 Day 3

• Wake: 6:20 am
  • Bed: 10:30 pm
  • Water: 2.6L

Week 0 Day 4

• Wake: 6:10 am
  • Bed: 11:45 pm
  • Workout: NF Academy Bodyweight 1B
  • Water: 1.5 liters (was probably more but I didn’t track it)

work was annoying today, and I got home later than originally planned. But I still got my workout in. Originally was tempted to just leave it on one set, but once I started it was pretty easy (today) to just finish all 3 sets.

kingdom hearts days GIF

• Like 2

Week 0 Day 5

• Wake: 6:45 am
  • Bed: 11:00 pm
  • Water: 2.4 liters (I drank more than this but stopped tracking after I hit the goal,)

Definitely feeling some DOMS from Wednesday’s workout. I think it’s more that I didn’t warm up fully before jumping into it, so I’ll put together better warm up/cool down plan. Got my 2nd dose of the COVID vaccine so that’s probably not helping matters either.

Planning to take it easy today and drink lots of water.  Though I plan not to post metrics for today. (To be fair, it’s also still week 0 )

Saturday’s workout backup plan is to switch to a gentle yoga workout if I’m  not feeling up to bodyweight stuff.

This one to be specific:

Spoiler

• Like 1

Felt like complete garbage yesterday (tired and achy but luckily seemed to miss the fever + chills). Drank a ton of water and some Gatorade. Still a little tired today, but worlds better than yesterday. Benefit is that in ~2 weeks the vaccine upgrade will be fully operational (at least until whenever a booster is needed since that’s still TBD).

Week 0 Day 7

• Wake: 8:30 am
  • Bed: TBD
  • Workout: 21 mins yoga + 1 set of NF Academy bodyweight 1A. Might do the rest of the workout sets as a “workout snack” through the rest of the evening
  • Water: tbd 
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather due to the last vaccine dose - take it easy and rest if you need to! Your body is learning how to join the fight against a global pandemic. 

I am jealous of your fully-vaccinated status (although it makes sense for me to be near the end of the queue) - I probably have a month or two until I get my first dose. 

Week Zero looks like it has been going well! It sounds like having the concrete workout plans has helped :) 

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2

Supple Lioness Mobility

On 5/8/2021 at 5:59 PM, Alanna said:

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather due to the last vaccine dose - take it easy and rest if you need to! Your body is learning how to join the fight against a global pandemic. 

I am jealous of your fully-vaccinated status (although it makes sense for me to be near the end of the queue) - I probably have a month or two until I get my first dose. 

Thanks, felt a lot better day 2 but just relaxed most of the weekend. 

On 5/8/2021 at 5:59 PM, Alanna said:

Week Zero looks like it has been going well! It sounds like having the concrete workout plans has helped :) 

Yeah between that and “new challenge hype” I did good things. Now I just have to make sure I keep it up :) 

• Like 1

Workout Plan for Week 1:

Bodyweight 1B - Tues as soon as I get home from work (est. 6pm)

Bodyweight 1A - Thurs as soon as I get home from work (est. 6pm)

Bodyweight 1B - Saturday 11AM

• Like 2

Looking good here!

• Thanks 1

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 5/10/2021 at 7:49 AM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Workout Plan for Week 1:

Bodyweight 1B - Tues as soon as I get home from work (est. 6pm)

Bodyweight 1A - Thurs as soon as I get home from work (est. 6pm)

Bodyweight 1B - Saturday 11AM

Got some family stuff going on. Amending the plan for this week:

Wednesday - Bodyweight 1B or Yoga (aiming for 6am, but backup is after work 6pm)

Friday - Bodyweight 1A (aiming for 6am but backup is after work 6pm)

Saturday - hike or trip to park with dog (10am)

Week 1 Day 1

• Wake: 9am
  • Bed: 11pm

Week 1 Day 2

• Wake: 6:45 am
  • Bed: 11pm

Week 1 Day 3

• Wake: 6:30 am
  • Bed: 12:00 midnight 
  • Workout: skipped

Week 1 Day 4

• Wake:  6:45am
  • Bed: 10:30 but i had a lot of trouble falling asleep.
  • Workout: yoga
  • Spoiler

• Water: 1.8 L

Water goal is going really well. Bringing a larger bottle (1.2L instead of 0.6L) around with me at work. It’s a pain to carry, but I seem to remember to drink more water just by carrying more with me? 

Sleep I lost focus on. Time to be more stringent with adhering to bedtime... especially I’m going in early Friday 

Exercise... I skipped the scheduled Tuesday workout. And wanted to skip today... but never 2 in a row, right? So I adapted and did a short easy yoga video that requires no furniture rearranging instead. Maybe not what was scheduled but it was something and that is better than no movement.

edit: just realized I missed logging a day and my numbers are all messed up. Should be fixed now 

Nice adaptation there!   That really is the name of the game to long term toughing things out!  I'm also struggling with bed times... partly because the sun has been out and it stays bright so late.  Which I LOVE, but am not adjusted to yet.

• Like 1

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week 1 Day 5 (thursday)

• Wake: 6:30am
  • Bed: 10:15pm
  • Workout: none
  • Water: 1.8L

Week 1 Day 6 (friday)

Went into work early to meet with night shift. But it also meant I got to get out of work a couple hours early for a beautiful day. We're rebuilding some parts of our garden that have taken too many hits from the squirrel army. So there was a good amount of natural movement, even if I didn't do a structured workout.

• Wake: 4:45am
  • Bed: 10:41pm
  • Workout: messing around in the garden / playing with powertools
  • Water: 2.1L

Week 1 Day 7 (saturday)

Ended up going into work for 1/2 day to handle a couple urgent deliveries. Then we went out bowling for a friend's birthday. Not quite the workout i had planned, but there was still movement so i'm counting it :)

• Wake: 8:45am
  • Bed: 12:30 am
  • Workout: bowling
  • Water: 1.6L

will write up summary of week 1 and workout plan for week 2 in a bit.

• Like 1

Summary Week 1:

Was a bit of a rough week.

Spoiler

A family member of a very close friend lost the battle against cancer. Was battling for a while - lots of ups and downs. But took a really quick turn for the worse and came as a bit of a surprise to all of us.

And that threw things off quite a bit. Water started off well then tapered off. But was still pretty solid versus how much water I was consuming before starting this challenge (1.5-1.8 liters/day). Sleep started off rough, then mostly righted itself towards the end of the week. Just need to keep on it going into Week 2. I took some days off work this coming week so will have more flexibility in the sleeping schedule. Not sure yet if that's good or bad :P

Exercise routine was where I struggled the most this week. Going into week 2 my options are 1) get back on track and feel good about it or 2) adjust the goal to something achievable -- even if it's just "treading water" activity-wise

tumblr_pzkzw15y2K1sojwago5_250.gifv

Plan for Week 2:

Monday - Bodyweight 1B OR 20 mins of yoga or cardio after work (6pm ish)

Wednesday - Bodyweight 1A OR 20 mins of yoga/cardio morning (10am ish)

Thursday - 30 mins yoga/cardio morning (10am ish)

Natural movement in the outdoors with yard work is no joke!   I did some of that yesterday and am feeling head to toe light sore.

Sorry to hear about the unexpected turn, sending TP&V your way.

The plan to either sharpen the focus are slightly adjust sounds solid.  Maybe do a week to see if the refocus can happen and plan to adjust for next week if need be?  I took an trying to dial things in again this week.

• Like 1

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Natural movement in the outdoors with yard work is no joke!   I did some of that yesterday and am feeling head to toe light sore.

Sorry to hear about the unexpected turn, sending TP&V your way.

The plan to either sharpen the focus are slightly adjust sounds solid.  Maybe do a week to see if the refocus can happen and plan to adjust for next week if need be?  I took an trying to dial things in again this week.

Thanks ❤️

Yeah I really like the dial mindset. It is seriously game-changing because I struggle with the "perfection or nothing" mindset.

4 hours ago, Alanna said:

I'm sorry for your loss - more flexible goals while you focus on supporting your friend sounds like a good plan. 

Exercise-wise, maybe you could start with two days a week of strength training or yoga and go from there?

Thank you ❤️

And thanks for the suggestion on 2 days/week. Not sure why that didn't occur to me as a way to dial it back, but when I perfect the 2 workouts/week then 3 will feel more approachable. I'll approach this week with that in mind.

• Like 1

Week 2 Day 1

• Wake: 10:22 am
  • Bed: 11:30pm
  • Water: 2.2 liters

Week 2 Day 2

• Wake: 6:10 am
  • Bed: tbd
  • Workout: NF Academy Bodyweight 1B
  • Water: TBD

Hey all. Peeking in from my radio silence. I’m doing alright, just kind of recovering from an emotional weekend.

Goal for this week is to tread water and ease back into it when I feel ready. Sleep and water are first priority. 2 workout attempts (even if just 5 mins or 1 set) is a win. 

• Like 1